• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date
Looks horrible, is it suppose to?

http://i.imgur.com/FQl50.jpg

Thanks for doing that man, I know it's appreciated. As for it looking horrible, Copernicus has questionable tastes.

I have my own questions - Galaxy Nexus. You've had it for a while now, is it super smooth? By that I mean 60fps iPhone smooth? And do you have developer options under settings so you can force hardware acceleration on non ics optimised apps?

If it's really an RF interference issue, the problem will likely occur with any radio used. Unless it's confirmed to only occur on the 900mhz band, which isn't used in the US.

Adamm

Thanks for doing that man, I know it's appreciated. As for it looking horrible, Copernicus has questionable tastes.

I have my own questions - Galaxy Nexus. You've had it for a while now, is it super smooth? By that I mean 60fps iPhone smooth? And do you have developer options under settings so you can force hardware acceleration on non ics optimised apps?

Super smooth! Cant gaurentee its 60fps but it certainly looks it.
and yeah it has developer options & one of them is force GPU acceleration, im assuming thats it?

Gunsmithx

If it's really an RF interference issue, the problem will likely occur with any radio used. Unless it's confirmed to only occur on the 900mhz band, which isn't used in the US.

Don't know if it helps but I know someone who's been using the phone for a few weeks here in the US and he says he's had no issue with it. It's the LTE model.

Super smooth! Cant gaurentee its 60fps but it certainly looks it.
and yeah it has developer options & one of them is force GPU acceleration, im assuming thats it?

Yup. Apparently switching it on makes all the old apps super smooth, for example the Twitter app. Thanks for answering!

rinse82

womp womp, my Rogers comrades:

Rogers takes down Galaxy Nexus pre-orders, caused by “circumstances beyond our control”

It was good while it lasted. Rogers was quick to take some thunder away from Bell and Virgin’s exclusive release of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus last week. The carrier opened up pre-orders for their January 2012 launch, but due to “circumstances beyond our control” they had to pull it down, probably crossed a fine line or two. Today, Bell and Virgin announced Android 4.0 Galaxy Nexus will be available on December 8th starting from $149.95 and tops out at $649.99.

“Due to circumstances beyond our control, we have had to temporarily remove the Galaxy Nexus by Samsung, from the Rogers Reservation System. For those who have already reserved a device, their place in line has been secured. For those still eager to reserve the Galaxy Nexus, the device will be back up on the Reservation System soon.”

If you are a Rogers customer you have a couple more months to wait.

Source: mobilesyrup

gcubed

i'm gonna get upset with your damn Euro shit if you delay my phone with your shitty 900mhz

edit... first was a little strong :)

Adamm

lmao holy shit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_mO_K7OYR0

Handtec tweeted that they haven't been able to recreate the problem, and Clove will be testing some of their units too. I wonder if it was just the initial batch from last week that it affects?

That video was posted on the previous page also.

I tried it with a few phones 2G/3G, making & receiving calls but i couldn't re-create it either.
So im assuming its a faulty batch.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Wonder if it was because they crossed a line or because of the volume issue.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
What is going on? Simultaneously depressed I didn't wait, but also relieved I have no part in this.

Oozer3993

Ahahaha, they might be changing the name back to Nexus Prime:

http://www.droiddog.com/android-blo...y-nexus-for-verizon-rebranded-as-nexus-prime/

Thread title change imminent?

This is like a case study in bad launches. Hilarious.

I really hope this is true. Nexus Prime >>>>> Galaxy Nexus

Now I'm regretting cancelling my order since I won't be affected by the interference bug in Canada...

I'm so schizophrenic about this phone dammit. :(

Also, P3Droid claims it has been fixed? http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/P3Droid/~c0x5g

Was that guy full of shit, I can't remember if he was legit or not.

Last I recall, he's only half full of shit. He did leak several ROMs for the Droid X, so I know he has connections.

Circle T

I'm not liking the $799 full retail price in that Nexus Prime catalog entry. I could understand $650 - 700, like the Razr and Rezound, but $800 is stretching it.

Husker86

I'm not liking the $799 full retail price in that Nexus Prime catalog entry. I could understand $650 - 700, like the Razr and Rezound, but $800 is stretching it.

That's Best Buy's price. Look at the Rezound, same price. They do this to discourage no-contract purchases, though remembering when I worked there, AT&T phone prices without contract were always much more reasonable. Either way, that price is inflated from what Verizon will charge.

Circle T

That's Best Buy's price. Look at the Rezound, same price. They do this to discourage no-contract purchases, though remembering when I worked there, AT&T phone prices without contract were always much more reasonable. Either way, that price is inflated from what Verizon will charge.
Oh, good. I was just looking at VZW's prices on their site, and both Razr and Rezound are listed at $650. Hopefully the Nexus will be the same.

*Edit* - I like that ninja edits are reflected in quotes now on the new GAF.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Yeah, WTF at that. Hope the Best Buy insight above is true. Also, it is the LTE version.

Husker86

Yeah, WTF at that. Hope the Best Buy insight above is true. Also, it is the LTE version.

Oh it's true. I worked in Best Buy Mobile, retail was always higher on Verizon and Sprint phones. Always. Not to mention the already provable Rezound price discrepancy between BB and VZW.

Wow, just saw Phonedogs unboxing and quick look and I need this thing. I was kinda iffy but man, it looks great. Too bad Im gonna have to pay off contact price for it.

Pctx

Banned
This thread needs more hysteria!

BTW, did anyone notice that Jwto bought a 4S? Seems like Android enthusiasts who love the platform still cave to the power of the Apple.

def sim

This thread needs more hysteria!

BTW, did anyone notice that Jwto bought a 4S? Seems like Android enthusiasts who love the platform still cave to the power of the Apple.

It's really such a safe platform. With it retaining its resale value, we can always come back next year if Google does right.

Also, Nexus Prime is a muuuuuuch better name. American top tier branding right there.
americaneagleflag.gif

Now I'm regretting cancelling my order since I won't be affected by the interference bug in Canada...

I'm so schizophrenic about this phone dammit. :(

Also, P3Droid claims it has been fixed? http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/P3Droid/~c0x5g

Was that guy full of shit, I can't remember if he was legit or not.

P3Droid is the guy responsible for supplying all of the initial roots for Motorola Droid X firmwares, no matter how much Moto tries to lock it down, he busts it wide open. He was also responsible for the hack which works around Verizon and Moto's attempts to prevent WiFi tethering from Droid X. He's legit, insofar as custom firmwares go. What credibility this lends to claims of a fix for what may be a software or hardware problem, I'll leave that to you to decide.

Mafro

I too preferred the Nexus Prime name. No dispatch from Handtec for me yet. Hope mines does get sent to day as I ordered it weeks ago.

VPhys

Why is the US getting shafted on the release date? It must be verizon right? They must be trying to avoid cannibalizing sales of the Razr and Rezound which are being heavily advertised right now.

gcubed

i don't want mine to ship today. I have a flight out tomorrow and need to leave right around the time the package would get delivered. I know I would push it to wait for delivery

Blackhead

Redarse
Heads must be rolling over at Samsung. Google must be pissed.

I doubt that. I have the sneaking suspicion that the Galaxy Nexus was always going to be released in late November and that Samsung/Google collaborated with the fake leaks and events to keep us enthralled in the Nexus Galaxy Prime saga instead of just getting an iPhone. Like Jtwo.

Top Bottom