• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What's a few months when clearly this was a dry run for Samsung? I'm still amazed that there hasn't been some hardcore advertising of the LTE Nexus but I suppose Verizon just doesn't care.

Is it really going to be a few months though? It always feels like it takes forever compared to when people think it is going to hit.

I mean I WANT to believe, but why do I have this gut feeling it's going to be next Summer and the phone won't be out.

Pctx

Banned
Is it really going to be a few months though? It always feels like it takes forever compared to when people think it is going to hit.

I mean I WANT to believe, but why do I have this gut feeling it's going to be next Summer and the phone won't be out.

Let me clear... international SG3 will be in February or March... Depending on the specs, that is the phone I'm going to spend my pennies on. Not sure if AT&T, Sprint, Tmo or Verizon will want to import the SG3 with all the new phones coming out so shortly.

Zeppu

Beaten. Glad the freak out and impending doom was just a software fix

I asked him on twitter whether it's a fix or a workaround and he replied that:

"Hard to know… a kernel change won't fix it in bootloader tho..."

Also:

9BwuW.png

gcubed

I asked him on twitter whether it's a fix or a workaround and he replied that:

"Hard to know… a kernel change won't fix it in bootloader tho..."

Also:

9BwuW.png

its a kernel fix? i'd assume it was a baseband radio update, which i would imagine would fix it in the bootloader

as far as the nexus, i'm not even following it at the moment, if i ignore it maybe it will come faster

Zeppu

Hasn't yours already been dispatched though? I ordered on saturday after the Hero pissed me the fuck off going from 100 -> 0% battery in like 1hr 20 mins, stayed dead for a couple of hours then started up again on 50% later.

gcubed

Hasn't yours already been dispatched though? I ordered on saturday after the Hero pissed me the fuck off going from 100 -> 0% battery in like 1hr 20 mins, stayed dead for a couple of hours then started up again on 50% later.

nope. I got an email with a tracking number, but it was never shipped and ultimately cancelled. It was the ultimate tease

kehs

Banned
I'm so glad we have companies like Verizon fine-tuning their applications and leading the way with releasing only the best possible stable phones for customers, even if it means pushing it back weeks at a time. The Verizon Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE by Samsung with Google apps will be one of the best products ever released. I'm just hoping they can make their Carrier IQ install completely transparent to the user.

Why would i want shitty cell coverage? Do you realize that any money you're saving on plans means nothing when you're confined to using your phone in certain sections of a city?

I couldn't take that.

even wind away is cheap plus I never go out of home range. I go to Calgary I am in wind home. I am Mississauga, Brampton, Oshawa , ajax, Markham and Toronto I am in wind home. Rogers used to charge me outside zone bill for going just west of Toronto. They fucking robbed me for years so I hate them as a company.

gcubed

I'm so glad we have companies like Verizon fine-tuning their applications and leading the way with releasing only the best possible stable phones for customers, even if it means pushing it back weeks at a time. The Verizon Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE by Samsung with Google apps will be one of the best products ever released. I'm just hoping they can make their Carrier IQ install completely transparent to the user.

that was a short ban

Cipherr

cvdMI.gif

Zeppu

Looks like Copernicus wanted to fit everything he had boiling inside for the ban period in one fell swoop.

or however you say that in a grammatically correct fashion

rozay

Banned
Look out google

Pctx

Banned
yesitis2.gif

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

33lpgs9.jpg.gif

SoulClap

even wind away is cheap plus I never go out of home range. I go to Calgary I am in wind home. I am Mississauga, Brampton, Oshawa , ajax, Markham and Toronto I am in wind home. Rogers used to charge me outside zone bill for going just west of Toronto. They fucking robbed me for years so I hate them as a company.

Signing up for Wind today after work. Hi-five!

rabhw

What about Mobilicity?

They've been good so far.

I'm signing up with them the same day I get my GN. $25 for unlimited everything for LIFE? I'll give it a shot, that's for sure. They also credit you $50 for every number you bring over, and $50 for any old phone you bring in (ANY old phone).

My sister switched a month ago and she loves it.

SimleuqiR

And he's back!!! I missed all the shenanigans.

Well, this morning I got pulled in into my boss' office.
Seems I have 12 vacation days I haven't used (6 from 2010 and 6 from 2011), and the company doesn't want to keep rolling them over to 2012. So I will be getting a nice extra check at the end of this month (maybe even sooner).

So this is my plan. Will get a new two line plan from T-mobile (will NOT upgrade my current plan):

• Classic 1000 Minute—Talk - $59.98 Per month (Completely cutting out my text plan)
  • Unlimited - Plus - $20.00 Per month - 2 Gig/month data cap - This is for my line the other line will not require a data plan.
  • This new plan will allow me to get a Samsung Galaxy S™ II @ $279.99 (Supposedly there is another $50.00 mail-in rebate on top of this).

What this allows me to do:

• Getting a brand new contract and phone # will allow me to port my current mobile phone# into Google Voice. It's a 718 area code # (BX in da' house!!!) and I've had it for over ten years. First under Bell Atlantic (before they changed their name to Verizon), then switched it to Vonage, and from there I was able to port it over to T-mobile. So many people have this phone number I would hate to part with it. Once the Google Voice port goes through I will cancel the remaining line on my old contract and be done with that. This will also allow me to use Voice as my main and only Text Messaging service - No more text plans.
  • Order the oh so glorious Nexus Prime/Tuna/Galaxy from expansys-usa.com
  • Sell the Samsung Galaxy S™ II - I will most likely sell it at a wash, meaning I will sell it at $290.00 (extra $10.00 to cover shipping charges) - I will also try to sell it to a fellow NeoGaf T-mobile member before I go through the eBay route. I'm not greedy, just need to off-set some of the import cost of the Nexus.
  • Use my old and trusty Nexus One with the new account until I get the Prime/Tuna/Galaxy.

Unfortunately I'm outside their unlimited zone.

This is really annoying.

If I for some reason decide to move (voluntarily or because of work or w/e) then I won't be able to use their stuff period. "Roaming" charges for moving a mile outside of the core city is ridiculous.

Also, all my friends that have mobilicity have shitty reception (no calls in buildings) and dropped calls like mad.

Not sure if worth it.

SimleuqiR

You can definitely pull about $350-$400 from a brand new T-Mo phone on craigslist.

I know, but like I said not trying to be greedy. Just want to off-set the import cost of the phone, and in the process maybe help a fellow GAFfer get a new phone (off contract at a reasonable cost).

I think I am going to buy the Nexus, what the hell. It's my first smartphone and I feel it's good to make the jump with a pure Android to get the full experience, even if it's at the expense of a not so great camera and video recording. I really love the all black front without buttons and I think this is going to be exclusive to this phone for a while. Also, being an open phone, I guess I would find it easier to sell it afterwards in case I want to upgrade to something else.

Anyway, does anybody know when is it being released in the Netherlands? The website were I had it preordered says this week but it's been changing that date all the time. Also, in the vodafone store I visited they even had never heard of the phone.

Gabyskra

Banned
I think I am going to buy the Nexus, what the hell. It's my first smartphone and I feel it's good to make the jump with a pure Android to get the full experience, even if it's at the expense of a not so great camera and video recording. I really love the all black front without buttons and I think this is going to be exclusive to this phone for a while. Also, being an open phone, I guess I would find it easier to sell it afterwards in case I want to upgrade to something else.

Anyway, does anybody know when is it being released in the Netherlands? The website were I had it preordered says this week but it's been changing that date all the time. Also, in the vodafone store I visited they even had never heard of the phone.

Oh man, this is going to be my 3rd android phone, 4th phone with internet... and I'm very happy with all the improvements they announced, I just can't wait to have it in my hands. I can't imagine having such a powerhorse as your first smartphone. You're in for a treat.

Oh man, this is going to be my 3rd android phone, 4th phone with internet... and I'm very happy with all the improvements they announced, I just can't wait to have it in my hands. I can't imagine having such a powerhorse as your first smartphone. You're in for a treat.

Yeah, I've been 4 or 5 years with the same phone and it's really fucked up now, time for a change, and, since I have spent so little on phones all this time, I really want to get the best thing possible. I really hope this one also lasts me at least 2 or 3 years.

Btw, do you guys get insurance for your phones? It would really fuck me up if I get this phone lost, broken or stolen.

Cudder

I just signed a new contract with Rogers, and ended up getting a whole shitload of new things I never had before (example, 6GB of data now instead of a measily 500MB) and my monthly bill is 10$ lower than I had it.

Awesome, so ready for the Galaxy Nexus!!!

Top Bottom