• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date
I just signed a new contract with Rogers, and ended up getting a whole shitload of new things I never had before (example, 6GB of data now instead of a measily 500MB) and my monthly bill is 10$ lower than I had it.

Awesome, so ready for the Galaxy Nexus!!!

They have your soul now.

3HfkK.jpg

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I just sold the phones I needed to sell. I have the money for the GN now. I don't know if I'll bite, though. I think I may just wait a little longer to see what pops up.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just found out about this phone. Was gonna get the Razr or Bionic but that Ice cream sandwich is just too sexy. Gonna get that when I can.

Tomcat

I just sold the phones I needed to sell. I have the money for the GN now. I don't know if I'll bite, though. I think I may just wait a little longer to see what pops up.

good things happen to those who wait
esepcially if it is about technology lol

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
good things happen to those who wait
esepcially if it is about technology lol

Well, I'm definitely getting the GN. It's just a matter of US price and availability. Hopefully details will be clearer in December.

Mafro

Handtec said:
29/11 Update: Stock has arrived into Samsung UK distribution. Our allocation has been confirmed and we are awaiting delivery today.

When stock arrives our warehouse will pack continually through the evening - we plan to complete all back orders by the 30th Nov.

Orders will be Shipped from date and time of purchase

Update a) As our warehouse will be preparing shipping some customers may receive tracking before the goods are actually collected and shipped. Most packages should leave on the 30th November. If stock arrives earlier then there is a chance a few could leave today (29th)
:D

somesang

So I have an iPhone 4 on AT&T, is it possible to buy the Galaxy Nexus and get a sim card adapter and just put her in? Thinking about ordering one and the thought of switching between the two when I want sounds fantastic.

Bboy AJ

So I have an iPhone 4 on AT&T, is it possible to buy the Galaxy Nexus and get a sim card adapter and just put her in? Thinking about ordering one and the thought of switching between the two when I want sounds fantastic.

Yup.

SimleuqiR

Well, I'm definitely getting the GN. It's just a matter of US price and availability. Hopefully details will be clearer in December.

I doubt it. If Verizon is said to be launching it on the 8th, they might want to squash any talk about the GSM version being available in the states, specially in December. I fear this phone won't be available unlocked or on another USA carrier until sometime in March 2012. For your sake I hope I'm wrong.

yup, got my shipment notification 2 hours ago.

yeah, i almost cancelled and went with expansys, but I could get 2 exchanges done for the same premium expansys charges. Plus handtec ships next day

I was going to go the UK route, but I read here they require an ID with your home address for delivery purposes? So they won't be able to ship to my office, right? Then it would be a hassle for me to pick up the phone from any hub (FedEx or UPS) if that's the case. I rather be able to order it from the USA and have it ship to the office. Less hassle.

Though expansys doesn't have any stock right now.

Also, Korea gets an extra battery and cover?

Zeppu

I had to cancel my order :'(

They didn't accept the VAT number supplied. Unfortunately I don't find the phone to be worth €610. €500 was fine.

Mafro

Handtec said:
Update C) First shipment arrived of two shipments! – this first shipment is enough to cover backorders up-til yesterday! – second shipment en route to put us into a stock position. Warehouse will be working through the evening packing goods. More updates to follow!

Update D) Still scheduled to clear all orders by 30th November. All UK orders should be shipped by the 29th (late collection) delivery for 3oth - whereas International Orders should be fully cleared by 30th. Fedex may give a delivery date of 24hrs earlier – this is a system error as we are processing shipping labels.
Excellent.

Circle T

That is what I wanted to hear. Now I can't wait. Thanks.
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but you might have a problem doing this. Due to the fact that AT&T has specific iPhone data plans, it is entirely possible that when you swap the SIM to the Nexus that you will not have data. Phone calls should work fine, but the phone may not correctly connect to the data network. You might want to talk to AT&T to be sure beforehand.

Blackhead

Redarse
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but you might have a problem doing this. Due to the fact that AT&T has specific iPhone data plans, it is entirely possible that when you swap the SIM to the Nexus that you will not have data. Phone calls should work fine, but the phone may not correctly connect to the data network. You might want to talk to AT&T to be sure beforehand.

I've never had that happen to me. In fact, I'm very interested in finding out if a particular iPhone plan feature, visual voicemail, works with the ICS implementation on the galaxy nexus.

Circle T

I've never had that happen to me. In fact, I'm very interested in finding out if a particular iPhone plan feature, visual voicemail, works with the ICS implementation on the galaxy nexus.
That is good to hear then. I just wanted to throw that out there, so they didn't buy a new phone and then not have data. With the way AT&T separates data plans, I wasn't sure if that would happen or not.

kehs

Banned

I got curious and looked it up.

ATT requires an LTE plan for visual voicemail on android, what in the holy fuck?!?

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB412330#fbid=KS108iQwCrX

Visual Voicemail for Android is included on select LTE Android devices and requires an LTE Android data plan.
You can upgrade to Visual Voicemail with Text to read your messages as text ($3.99/Month).

/Google Voice 4 life.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Updaaaate:

Ok we didnt want to shout about this – we managed to book special couriers to deliver direct to hubs where possible and even direct to airports to be sorted – some hubs are closer than others. Now this is not 100% but it seems like a) Fedex 90% shipped out today b) UPS 90% shipped c) DHL 50% shipped d) DPD 90% shipped. remainder to ship out by 30th November

SimleuqiR

Teardown of the Galaxy Nexus from the iFixit folks:

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsu...eardown/7182/1

Thanks!

The Galaxy Nexus may be larger than the iPhone 4S, but it is also 5 grams lighter (135 compared to 140).

Plastic is the culprit!

The ability to replace individual components inside the Galaxy Nexus impresses us, since this will make repair lest costly.

This is good to hear.

The glass is fused to both the display and the display frame. So don't crack the glass unless you're good with a heat gun, or you're fond of replacing the glass, display, and frame together ($$$).

Like the iPhone?

ifixit said:
So don't crack the glass unless you're good with a heat gun

Comments like these are dumb.

WHO HAS EVER VOLUNTARILY CRACKED THEIR GLASS? No shit don't break it.

I'm good with a heat gun. That doesn't mean I'm allowed to crack the glass.

Fox318

I'm convinced that the phone won't hit the US market at this point. :(

Verizon probably backed out of releasing the Nexus due to its openness and is still holding Google to its US exclusivity deal.

I'm convinced that the phone won't hit the US market at this point. :(

Verizon probably backed out of releasing the Nexus due to its openness and is still holding Google to its US exclusivity deal.

You honestly think that the phone won't be released in the US? Really? Delayed, sure. But they just gave up on the phone? LOL

Trouble

Banned

AT&T's official policy is that you can keep your grandfathered unlimited plan, even if you change devices.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Samsung/Clarification-on-the-New-Smartphone-Data-Plans/td-p/1938755

Also anyone ordering from expansys, save $10 with the code: 10OFFLS

Top Bottom