• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date
i thought the gsm/hspa+ version has both at&t and tmobile 3G bands, and the LTE version only has cdma tuned to verizon?

There are three GSM models floating around now. The one available right now in Europe, 9250, and the two that hit the FCC recently, 9250M (has AT&T and Tmo 3G) and 9250T (has AT&T3G only).

Who knows which version will hit the US next year.

SimleuqiR

i thought the gsm/hspa+ version has both at&t and tmobile 3G bands, and the LTE version only has cdma tuned to verizon?
Didn't you get the memo? There's a new At&T bands only model that just passed through the FCC. Meaning that ATT will most likely sub this phone and Tmoible customers will be left out in the cold.

Edit:

Order status- ready to ship!!!

Qatar

What do they usually go for on eBay? Why did you go eBay instead of something like Handtec?

I'm only aware of expansys-usa, and their price was $750, but a seller on ebay is offering it for $735 with 40000+ of positive feedbacks.

another reason for not going for verizon is that I want a GSM phone, to use it worldwide, which is a very critical for me. I know that there are world phones available for cheap, but I want this :)

armv

Weird request, but can someone with a Galaxy Nexus post a screenshot of the homescreen when music is playing?

I want to see how the album art is displayed.

Thanks!

Sky Chief

comparing 2 bars on LTE vs full bars on HSPA+? okay...

The Verizon Defense Force has arrived. Right on time.

Yes, LTE is capable of incredible speeds, but I was responding to the original poster's statement. So, relax.

The speeds in that video are laughable, not remarkable, for LTE.

Pctx

Banned

Yes, LTE is capable of incredible speeds, but I was responding to the original poster's statement. So, relax.

LG Nitro hitting 40MB in NYC is impressive. 10MB? Meh.

Paznos

Wasn't aware I wasn't apart of this Verizon Defense Force do I get a special pin or button I can wear? Just because I pointed out the LTE connection wasn't great I'm part of this VDF? whenever anything Verizon related is talked about you come out knocking it, you didn't have to post anything showing faster speeds on HSPA+ so you relax.

I couldn't care less about Verizon so you branding me as this Verizon fanboi is getting old.

kehs

Banned
Wasn't aware I wasn't apart of this Verizon Defense Force do I get a special pin or button I can wear? Just because I pointed out the LTE connection wasn't great I'm part of this VDF? whenever anything Verizon related is talked about you come out knocking it, you didn't have to post anything showing faster speeds on HSPA+ so you relax.

I couldn't care less about Verizon so you branding me as this Verizon fanboi is getting old.

Paznos

This is the first time I've said this to you, but you've consistently come to their defense in this thread and others. So, I'm confident in my astute assessment.

If you'd like to continue this discussion and find out how you can get your V-bot pin, feel free to PM me. Let's not junk up this thread with needless bickering.

On-topic:

Can anyone confirm that Handtec will handle warranty exchanges for US customers, if we pay the return postage?

gutshot

Forgive me my ignorance. I've never had a smartphone, let alone an LTE one, so I don't know the standard connection speeds. And The Verge seemed to think it was impressive, ergo, my comment. *shrug*

But mostly I just wanted to try out an oft-used meme for the first time.

Forgive me my ignorance. I've never had a smartphone, let alone an LTE one, so I don't know the standard connection speeds. And The Verge seemed to think it was impressive, ergo, my comment. *shrug*

But mostly I just wanted to try out an oft-used meme for the first time.

dat meme.

rozay

Banned
This is the first time I've said this to you, but you've consistently come to their defense in this thread and others. So, I'm confident in my astute assessment.

If you'd like to continue this discussion and find out how you can get your V-bot pin, feel free to PM me. Let's not junk up this thread with needless bickering.

On-topic:

Can anyone confirm that Handtec will handle warranty exchanges for US customers, if we pay the return postage?
Handtec says on their website they will, might be best to talk to a customer service rep who can confirm that for you in writing or something.

MercuryLS

Banned
Why is this phone so fucking big? Fucking hell, I want to love you...I'm sticking with my Nexus S until these fucking handset OEM's stop making gigantic handsets.

How do I save bookmarks straight to my homescreen? I want a shortcut to the GAF mobile app.

To create a shortcut on your homescreen:

1. Ensure you have the bookmark saved within browser.
2. Hold down on your homescreen until the "Add to Homescreen" windows pops up
3. Select Shortcut - Bookmark - Select the bookmark you want

Mafro

To create a shortcut on your homescreen:

1. Ensure you have the bookmark saved within browser.
2. Hold down on your homescreen until the "Add to Homescreen" windows pops up
3. Select Shortcut - Bookmark - Select the bookmark you want
Thanks.

Circle T

my xoom gets 18-24mbps down on LTE. I've gotten 8-9mbps on my HSPA+ Nexus on ATT
I get 20-25mbps on my Charge on average. But also of note, it got much better with different radios in the different ROMs I've used. I'm really not worried. There is nothing stopping Google/Samsung from updating the radio firmware on the Nexus to get better speeds.

gcubed

I get 20-25mbps on my Charge on average. But also of note, it got much better with different radios in the different ROMs I've used. I'm really not worried. There is nothing stopping Google/Samsung from updating the radio firmware on the Nexus to get better speeds.

oh, i wouldn't be either, it was with pretty shitty signal as well. It will run fine

Circle T

oh, i wouldn't be either, it was with pretty shitty signal as well. It will run fine
Yup. Once you get over 10mbps, it's all just gravy. For me at least, I'm much more concerned with the ping times. I can get <60ms pings with this, and that is what makes things seem really fast. Clicking items and seeing it instantly start loading is great. My AT&T devices get >300ms, and while not huge difference, that little bit of lag when you select things gets tiresome.

Qatar

Ok, I didn't care when they downgraded the camera, but not including an SD card slot ! is there a specific reason for that ?

Ashhong

By not caring about your credit history.

(I wasn't actually suggesting people do this, I was just giving an example why ATT and T-Mobile rarely carry pentaband phones)

What? They dont just charge your credit card? Are you supposed to just ignore your credit card and stop paying it? File bankruptcy so you can save 300$?

Husker86

What? They dont just charge your credit card? Are you supposed to just ignore your credit card and stop paying it? File bankruptcy so you can save 300$?

Um, there are plenty of people who leave carriers with a remaining balance; I know this because I let out a sigh inside when they were mad when trying to sign up with them again when I worked in Mobile at Best Buy. All the ETF is is a fee added to your last monthly bill. You can choose not to pay that like any other monthly bill (but it will bite you in the ass later).

Circle T

I work in Finance for AT&T, and my office is at a retail store. I hear ALL KINDS of crazy stories from the Reps about people walking out on contracts. We actually have a bit of a problem in our area, with Blackberries no less.

Con artists go and round up homeless people and other random people who, surprisingly, have decent credit. They give them a bunch of cash, and send them into the store to buy 5 BB Torchs on a family plan, lowest plan/features/etc, with full insurance. With their decent credit, they will get approved with little to no deposit, and then pay cash for the phones, and leave. Then, like clockwork, they will either come in or call the store a few weeks later, saying that all the phones were "stolen", or some other problem, and need warranty replacement.

The phones, though, were long gone, sold overseas for a few hundred $$$ each by the con artist, with the warranty replacement ones following suit once they arrive. The "account holder" is then left with a delinquent bill, while the con artist makes off with about $2k on their $250 initial investment from five $49 BBs.

The shitty thing is, the Reps have nothing they can do about it. You can tell every time people come in looking to do this scam, but since they pass the credit check and all that, as a company we have to allow it.

Ashhong

I work in Finance for AT&T, and my office is at a retail store. I hear ALL KINDS of crazy stories from the Reps about people walking out on contracts. We actually have a bit of a problem in our area, with Blackberries no less.

Con artists go and round up homeless people and other random people who, surprisingly, have decent credit. They give them a bunch of cash, and send them into the store to buy 5 BB Torchs on a family plan, lowest plan/features/etc, with full insurance. With their decent credit, they will get approved with little to no deposit, and then pay cash for the phones, and leave. Then, like clockwork, they will either come in or call the store a few weeks later, saying that all the phones were "stolen", or some other problem, and need warranty replacement.

The phones, though, were long gone, sold overseas for a few hundred $$$ each by the con artist, with the warranty replacement ones following suit once they arrive. The "account holder" is then left with a delinquent bill, while the con artist makes off with about $2k on their $250 initial investment from five $49 BBs.

The shitty thing is, the Reps have nothing they can do about it. You can tell every time people come in looking to do this scam, but since they pass the credit check and all that, as a company we have to allow it.

I have to admit, this makes me want to find some homeless people. Does that make me a bad person :(

Husker86

This was a huge problem at Best Buys in the area. We would send out emails to the other stores when we suspected situations like this--described customers and gave names. Luckily we were told that we could turn them down.

Circle T

This was a huge problem at Best Buys in the area. We would send out emails to the other stores when we suspected situations like this--described customers and gave names. Luckily we were told that we could turn them down.
Yup. We're getting it now. The Reps will do the same thing, alerting other stores when it happens, but they have to allow it. They'll alert Fraud about it, but nothing else they can do. We're just waiting for the inevitable switch to iPhone 3GS soon, since they are $0.99 now.

Top Bottom