• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Time means nothing in this show now, because I have no idea how much time is supposed to have taken place between Gendry running back to the base, to the raven being sent to Dany, to Dany miraculously arriving right in the knick of time to save everyone.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
My two issues with the episode:

1. Too many last second saves. A little too Hollywood-ish

2. I didn't like the actual showing of Arya's faces. She keeps them in a sack? I thought it was a special dark ability. Because she can change her voice and even her height and stuff. Makes it feel like a Halloween costume now. Cheapens it IMO.

But other than that entertaining. Not as good as Spoils of War though, not even close IMO.
Remember the wall of faces literally being a wall comprised of multiple ready to use faces? Ever since the beginning it was always implied to be physical.
8hSebFz.gif

RDreamer

If you really want to get down to it, why didn't Dany just fly everyone out there from the get go, she went on the word of a raven, could have saved time and lives if she just up and transported a few good men right away.

But, that would be quick, and kinda boring, this is fun to watch, so I'll take this even if it seems to be ridiculous at times. It is, fiction after all.

I mean, you could fix both of these things by having them bring fucking wagons and a real team to do this correctly, then have Dany get antsy and say fuck it and go north to see things.

And I think you make things throughout the last few episodes make even more sense by having Sam and Jorah talk about the white walkers and such. Jorah then goes back, tells Dany about Sam and that the guy that saved him (and happens to be Jon's good friend) also saw and believes this stuff. Then it makes more sense that Jorah goes up north (I found this to be really weird), and it would soften Dany up to believing them and saying fuck it to go help. You still get the cool ass battle and you still get Dany saving them but without the dumb crap that takes you out of it and makes you question the reality this all is happening in.

That's what makes me so freaking angry this season. They keep ruining what should be good scenes with dumb stuff that really isn't that hard to fix. But they want even more unearned hollywood drama and tension, and that just sucks. That's not what this show was built on...

People who are against Arya. Did you watch the fucking episode? Arya literally told Sansa she can read lies and truths. She knows sansas true intentions. Littlefinger is fucked.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
My two issues with the episode:

1. Too many last second saves. A little too Hollywood-ish

2. I didn't like the actual showing of Arya's faces. She keeps them in a sack? I thought it was a special dark ability. Because she can change her voice and even her height and stuff. Makes it feel like a Halloween costume now. Cheapens it IMO.

But other than that entertaining. Not as good as Spoils of War though, not even close IMO.
Mission Impossible masks lol

FiggyCal

Banned

I think it raises a lot of questions about why Arya let Sansa see them, but she had to be keeping them somewhere.I don't think its a big surprise for the audience.

Speevy

Banned
all 5 of the white walkers had those spears

Yes, but once they reach civilization their army gets an endless replenishment.

I'd have dipped off to the side and dropped Jorah right in the middle of them, and flown away.

"COME BACK TO ME ONCE YOU END THE LONG NIGHT."

Time means nothing in this show now, because I have no idea how much time is supposed to have taken place between Gendry running back to the base, to the raven being sent to Dany, to Dany miraculously arriving right in the knick of time to save everyone.

Seems like all within the span of (generously) 24 hours.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Didn't Jaqen just turn around and spontaneously change his face in season 2 though?

He turns around, touches his face, and then turns around with a new one. In season 5 we find out they have physical faces that carve that work like masks.

Night King's throw still drives me crazy. That's all it took to kill a dragon?
For years I've been hearing how dragons would destroy or at least severely hurt these guys.

But one magical spear was all it took.

TyrantII

Arya writing and scene was very well done. Sansa on the other hand...

I can't believe after all she's been through she's still being played for the fool. She knows littlefinger.

Remember the wall of faces literally being a wall comprised of multiple ready to use faces? Ever since the beginning it was always implied to be physical.
8hSebFz.gif

now that you post that

look at his right shoulder, does a motion combined with him putting his face down that he's sticking something on it

neat

Tuck

From an afternoon to the next morning. Less than 24 hours.

Night King gets a gold medal for javaline, Gendry gets Gold in hundred meter dash.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
8hSebFz.gif

Yeah, but that was a mystical temple or at least it had a feel. Carrying them around in a satchel was lame.

Not gonna make a huge deal about it, but it kinda hurt a little bit of the whole aspect.

mm04

Well, another intense episode. From the the get go when Bran showed he had warging abilities, I was convinced he'd warg one of the dragons to turn the tide. I started getting iffy on it since I wasn't sure how a scenario could work out that Bran would do it when Jon is so clearly team Targ. Well...now there's a reason. He's going to get his ultimate revenge on the Night King touching him (was it while he was warging? I can't remember...) and turn that dragon nuke back on him.

Was that scene everything you hoped it'd be?

here's the thing...if they go straight to fucking in the next episode then it's like he's Dany's new Daario. They could've at least kissed.

How many episodes did it take to build up Dany & Drogo's romances? How many for Robb and Talisa? Jon and Ygritte? Dany & Daario?

and Jon offering to bend the knee? nah...not everything I hoped it'd be.

Jombie

I was afraid Bran would be doing what he's doing now since he arrived back at Winterfell -- nothing. He's an omniscient, all-knowing entity now and he can't tell Sansa and Arya the truth about LF. People could enjoy having the tables turned and all the Starks playing him in unison. But no, there has to be some shoehorned drama between Sansa and Arya.

I really hope the finale sticks the landing for this season.

My friend just posted the leak from Reddit on FB and it showed up on my feed. What a fcking asshole.

How the hell did people get all these info?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Yeah, but that was a mystical temple or at least it had a feel. Carrying them around in a satchel was lame.

Not gonna make a huge deal about it, but it kinda hurt a little bit of the whole aspect.
Literally in her inventory tho.

Is it possible the Night King has a mole in Westeros?

I just find it really hard to believe he knew Dany was coming with dragons.
if he has the same power as Bran he doesn't need one.

Top Bottom