• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
A single javalin throw is a typical final boss sort of thing. The Night King yields this unmatched power, so of course all he needs is a single hit. Anyone who possesses some sort of evil upper hand can kill anything that way.

I thought for sure a dragon would have died already due to the harpoons the Lannister' had. I'm just glad
Daenerys didnt try to kill the Night King right then in there. I'm sad a dragon died, but they aren't babies anymore. They're killing machines who eat people.

I can't believe we are at the season finale next week.

HOUND...
10lkUdy.gif

Haha, this got me back then lol

DrBo42

Corrupted dragon was telegraphed for so long but it still didn't prepare me for how dumb it is. It's just not a direction the series needed to go. It's some cheeseball shit you see at the end of a trilogy, which I guess is where we're at. Sigh.

BTM

People who are against Arya. Did you watch the fucking episode? Arya literally told Sansa she can read lies and truths. She knows sansas true intentions. Littlefinger is fucked.

Yep. Arya indirectly kind of offers her services to Sansa when she says she can even take Sansa's face. By handing Sansa Littlefinger's dagger, Arya is essentially saying that she could take his face.

If something along those lines doesn't happen I'll be fairly surprised.

FiggyCal

Banned
No episode is perfect, of course. I think the major problem I had with this one was that the scenes in Winterfell had nothing to do with what was happening up North. They kept cutting back so quickly, it gave the impression that they were all connected in some way. It turned out that the scenes in Dragonstone were connected to what was happening past the Wall, but the scenes in Winterfell were self-contained and didn't add anything to the main story of this episode. Maybe if they brought Bran in, it wouldn't have been an issue. Although I still think it's okay because the Arya/Sansa drama was well handled.

REV 09

I am stunned that people didn't like the episode. It's like a huge payoff after 7 years. Seeing the dragons fight the walkers was epic. I felt the early seasons were a bit slow, so I've been enjoying the quicker pacing. Nearly every faction is dead...it's time for the payoffs with who is left.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Honestly, I love this show, but if Sansa or Arya don't figure things out ASAP, I will be disappointed.

Sansa has said all. freaking. season. over and over.

"Watch out for Littlefinger"
"Don't trust Littlefinger"
"He only helps you when he can get something from you"

and after all that if she can't realize he's behind all this divide between her and Arya? Man, that would be dumb.

I am stunned that people didn't like the episode. It's like a huge payoff after 7 years. Seeing the dragons fight the walkers was epic. I felt the early seasons were a bit slow, so I've been enjoying the quicker pacing. Nearly every faction is dead...it's time for the payoffs with who is left.

Agreed. Season 7 has been fucking awesome. Every episode has been such good pay off.

Corrupted dragon was telegraphed for so long but it still didn't prepare me for how dumb it is. It's just not a direction the series needed to go. It's some cheeseball shit you see at the end of a trilogy, which I guess is where we're at. Sigh.

I agree, it does feel cheesy even if it seemed like a likely scenario. The worst part is my coworker who makes the dumbest, most ill-conceived predictions finally got one and will want me to be patting him on the back all day tomorrow.

The kid really can't do shit by himself though.

Just going into this season I expected him to be a big player. He was now the Three Eyed Raven, knew about Jon parentage, etc. I figured we would learn and see things through his vision.

Instead he talked about his sister being raped and then just leaves doing Tree visions off screen I guess. It's just not where I expected them to go with him and with only a few episodes total left there's not much time to get much else woth him done

sam12

Don't think Cersei gives a shit about the undead, so this plan to bring one over to her was a failure to begin with. She will probably be happy to have them finish off her enemies.

megalowho

At first I wasn't sure about all the fan favorites surviving the suicide mission but I suppose there's more for those characters to do and I did enjoy the "we just went through some shit" look at the end. Some nice interactions and character building between them, interested to see what they do with the bonds established.

Why is it cheeseball?
We have proof of beasts and men being reanimated. A dragon in this world is just another beast, although they are the greatest.
The NK taking one for himself isn't dumb, lol.

great little brother he is, then.

I think that's the point: He isn't their brother, and he doesn't care.

Why is it cheeseball?
We have proof of beasts and men being reanimated. A dragon in this world is just another beast, although they are the greatest.
The NK taking one for himself isn't dumb, lol.

They are said to be beings of fire, ice resurrection shouldn't really work on them one would think. However, the rule of cool trumps all so I'm not surprised.

Yep. Arya indirectly kind of offers her services to Sansa when she says she can even take Sansa's face. By handing Sansa Littlefinger's dagger, Arya is essentially saying that she could take his face.

If something along those lines doesn't happen I'll be fairly surprised.

Arya does no such thing, if anything she is threatening Sansa telling her that she can steal her face.

Why? Because Sansa isn't smart enough to pick up on that hint. Arya would have to straight up tell her, first of all. Second of all, why when in locked quarters would they not speak openly about it? Its not like LF is under the bed? or is he? lol

Volimar

No episode is perfect, of course. I think the major problem I had with this one was that the scenes in Winterfell had nothing to do with what was happening up North. They kept cutting back so quickly, it gave the impression that they were all connected in some way. It turned out that the scenes in Dragonstone were connected to what was happening past the Wall, but the scenes in Winterfell were self-contained and didn't add anything to the main story of this episode. Maybe if they brought Bran in, it wouldn't have been an issue. Although I still think it's okay because the Arya/Sansa drama was well handled.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Time means nothing in this show now, because I have no idea how much time is supposed to have taken place between Gendry running back to the base, to the raven being sent to Dany, to Dany miraculously arriving right in the knick of time to save everyone.

Went from my two most enjoyed episodes, to the one I've despised.

Seriously, I was yelling at the screen at the end of the show. They can travel in that area beyond the wall in minutes, now? That took whole EPISODES in earlier seasons. Dany flying up to save them in the nick of time? Night King throwing a perfect 3rd and long at a moving dragon?

Jon not only being a fucking dumb ass fighting white walkers instead of getting the fuck out, which leads to:
- him getting pulled into the freezing water. Which should have lead to his death. But he's Neo, so he was:
- swimming in all those wet clothes in freezing water,
- finding a hole in the ice, that's
- next to his sword to use to pull himself out and
- not only not die from hypothermia, but
- get up and ready his sword for the carpet of white walkers running at him
- only to be saved just in time by his deus ex uncle. That puts him on a horse that
- magically gets him back to the wall in five minutes.

And now Dany and Jon are holding hands and looking lovingly into each others eyes? Dafuq???

Yeah. This episode irritated me.

Oh. OH! And ol boy has a sword that lights on fire. IT LIGHTS ON FIRE. Why the fuck are they worried about freezing to death? Why did his priest have to die?

And I thought that a regular sword doesn't kill freaking white walkers! What the fuck???

Irritated...

EDIT!

WHO THE FUCK PUT CHAINS ON THE DRAGON LYING DEAD ON THE BOTTOM OF THE LAKE???

Jombie

I wish Dany had just gone to Eastwatch. That or Dany capturing Jamie and sees the wights for himself and reports back to Cersei. Then all the shit in KL could be avoided, because it's so nonsensical.

This whole plotline with capturing a zombie and the insanely fast travel makes this ep feel disjointed and SUPER dumb.

The epicness of what happens is what saves it but damn, you gotta turn off your brain for this.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Yo, my mind is blown.
The Night King must've been a Greenseer, he must've.

Every attack he's done so far went perfect for him. Hardhome? 3ER's cave? Including this one.
Everything was well planned and executed almost perfectly. Now I'm convinced he waited for Bran to "visit" him and his army before branding him and destroying the cave.
I'm even more convinced after looking at that WW and his squad of Wights marching with 1 of them not even belonging to the group. It was a plant.
Then you have the spears and chains, getting himself a dragon.
HE KNEW.
giphy.gif

Plus, I'm not sure of this yet because I'll have to revisit episode 5.
But when Bran warged those ravens and went North of the Wall,I'm almost certain that the area where they were at was the same cliff they led Jon and the squad into.

i agree with a lot of this speculation but the squad by themselves that got ambushed. im pretty sure that fire the WW finds at the river is Benjens. It could still be a plant but the squad did just go there because of some vision.

jviggy43

Again, the spectacle is fine and enjoyable. If that's all you want from this show that's fine but it didn't used to be what this show was about. The writers are being lazy without martin' s work.

Top Bottom