• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Gleethor

One of the most interesting things from this ep was the wight that caught fire and tried to take the captured wight with it. Felt like the walkers knew what the fellowship was trying to do, or at the very least weren't cool with one of their soldiers being taken.

It feels weird that a few episodes ago it felt like Bran was pulling some mastermind level stuff to affect Winterfell / Littlefinger (Chaos is a Ladder, giving Arya the dagger) then disappears.

I'm trying to figure out if he is having a roll in the events that are happening there or not

He cares about defeating the Night King. That's his whole purpose.
That means he cares about his family and all other life.

Why would he stay North of the Wall? Why would he go anywhere else but Winterfell when it has a Wayward tree and it has the army that's going to fight the Night King? He can't do anything if he dies or travels to a place where no one knows who he is or will believe him.
Exactly - he has to go home because it's in everybody's best interest. You need to be capable and still down to earth human person to know these things. These things still make sense to Bran so as far as I'm concerned as a viewer he's still in touch with his humanity,

and his absence in this episode is indefensible

pablito

Are people really confused as to why the night King didn't throw a spear at the guys? They're paying more attention. The dragon was focused on other shit.

Some of you guys shut your brains off I swear. Not for enjoyment. It just shuts off.

kswiston

Can someone explain to me why Dany said Jon was too little for her?

Did she see his pecker?

He is pretty small

showbiz-elle-style-awards-2013-2.jpg

*cries* I havent read any of the spoilers and a few weeks ago after the attack on Jaime's troops I was like "they basically killed all the dire wolves, now its going to hurt me emotionally if they kill a dragon." *table flip*

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Last week's preview ended with a sound effect of Jon gasping for air, I had been thinking about that all week before this premiere about why they would do that, when they pulled him underwater I thought "shit he's finally done......they killed my boy. all it took was three wights and the most painful way to die..."

I think it's her finding the quickest excuse to not reveal her feelings to him. I've seen my sisters do the same thing, and both genders do it all the time.

I think she's right that Jon Snow's not in love with her. Not until she saved him, anyway.

Tyrion don't know what he's talkin about

RDreamer

I'm a little disappointed none of you have done the math for the raven flights.

People absolutely were when I finished the episode and hopped on here. I think they came to the conclusion that if Westeros was the size of Britain it might make sense but any bigger and it doesn't really calculate out.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yes, disgusted

If he didn't care about Sansa then he wouldn't have said to her that he's "sorry for the things that happened to her at home" and as I showed you, his dismissal of Meera was a notice to him to put forth effort in being more human.

He doesn't need a neon sign but maybe I need one to tell you "WATCH THE WAY YOU WANT AND I'LL WATCH THE WAY I WANT"

If saying Cersei was forced to do a lot of what she did because it was do or die, and that disgusted you, then, uh, okay?

The Three Eyed Raven isn't some soulless asshole, we saw the last one having humanity, you're the only one saying he has no humanity. Plenty of people can have humanity and not care about certain people. He doesn't have the same emotions he had towards Meera and Sansa anymore because he is no longer Bran but that doesn't mean he is literally a soulless husk.

Veitsev

Are people really confused as to why the night King didn't throw a spear at the guys? They're paying more attention. The dragon was focused on other shit.

Some of you guys shut your brains off I swear. Not for enjoyment. It just shuts off.

The dragon was also going around shooting fire. Hitting the dragon when it was spewing fire caused the fire to spray out of the wound causing much more damage than it would have otherwise.

Loved the episode. Absolutely stellar.

I feel for the people calculating the flight speed of ravens and the time it takes for water to freeze. I can't even imagine living like that. Seek help.

I give that a pass. The episode was all over the place and the writing has been pretty shit. I could see why some people didn't like it that much. Hopefully the finale is better.

Kallor

Tbh if HBO and GRRM put out a statement before the season aired that said GRRM consulted and wrote the story for the last two season, I bet we wouldn't be getting half as many complaints–even if it was a complete lie.

It's becoming an instance of hating on Season 7 netting you internet cool points.

Lol good lord. What nonsense.

I think she's right that Jon Snow's not in love with her. Not until she saved him, anyway.

Tyrion don't know what he's talkin about

The two of them are for sure majority into each other at this point. By now if they actually don't go through with Jon and Dany it will feel stupid after all this build up

He is pretty small

This is a bad picture since you're putting up against someone who is above average in height and someone who is well above average.

He's got to be the same height as Emilia Clarke though, if not a bit taller.

Though it was just a joke really, just a throw back to when Tormund said he had a small pecker last season.

Edit:

Just for the hell of it...Google says...

Kit is 1.73 m

Emilia is 1.57 m

That's like a 5-6 inch difference.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Have they ever stated in the show if the Night King has visions like Bran?

Because it appears with the spears he knew the dragons were coming. How would he have known unless it's just bad writing and/or plot hole.

And the irony of this whole thing. They went beyond the wall to get a wight which would help them defeat the army of the dead because it would unite everyone against them. But in the end it'll probably end up allowing them to get past the wall by acquiring a dragon. Had they never went beyond the wall to go for that wight, the wall probably would have held the white walkers in check like it always has. Varys said it himself in episode 5. The wall has held them for thousands of years.

If saying Cersei was forced to do a lot of what she did because it was do or die, and that disgusted you, then, uh, okay?
Uh, okay, if you want to do this again then I'll go ahead and start by saying everything she did wasn't because of a do vs die, it was win power vs lose power

The Three Eyed Raven isn't some soulless asshole, we saw the last one having humanity, you're the only one saying he has no humanity. Plenty of people can have humanity and not care about certain people. He doesn't have the same emotions he had towards Meera and Sansa anymore because he is no longer Bran but that doesn't mean he is literally a soulless husk.
I'm not going accept your viewpoint that the two identities (3 eyed raven and Bran Stark) are mutually exclusive. The 3 eyed raven is not some soulless asshole therefore they have a connection to their past lives. The last 3 eyed raven was too old his whole family was probably dead; not Bran, his still a young man and he's reunited with his family.

riotous

Banned
The two of them are for sure majority into each other at this point. By now if they actually don't go through with Jon and Dany it will feel stupid after all this build up

I dunno; I have a feeling next step for Jon is to go back to Winterfel and talk to Bran. That might end things for him and Daeny.

Hydrus

I'm a little disappointed none of you have done the math for the raven flights.

Someone on Reddit did it, but I don't want to link it because it might lead to more leaks for episode 7. So I'll just post the post:

Well, let's say the group traveled 15 km north when they captured the wight. Gendry had to run back, so it probably took him around 2 hours. Half an hour to organize and send the message. The raven has a speed of about 50 km/h. If we accept that Dragonstone is 1000 km from the wall, it would take the raven 20 hours to reach it. Dany takes half an hour to organise, and 5 hours to fly the distance with her 200 km/h dragons. So, in total 28 hours could've passed while they waited on that rock.

I give that a pass. The episode was all over the place and the writing has been pretty shit. I could see why some people didn't like it that much. Hopefully the finale is better.

Eh, I don't think it will be much different. Maybe in the sense that it will be far more character and dialog focused after a heavy action episode. I don't have any problems with where the show is, and is going, however. Tough to read this thread and see all the moaning. It's not like we're watching Lost, folks. This is still damn good.

IIRC, he went back to tell Jon about his heritage, not to "get safe".
if he's not Bran Stark then he wouldn't recognize Jon as his half brother/cousin so he wouldn't care to go back and tell Jon about his heritage.
my friend was predicting it'd be Dany x Jorah.

kswiston

This is a bad picture since you're putting up against someone who is above average in height and someone who is well above average.

He's got to be the same height as Emilia Clarke though, if not a bit taller.

Though it was just a joke really, just a throw back to when Tormund said he had a small pecker last season.

Sansa is on the tall side for a girl, but she isn't really that tall in general. She's about 5'9 I think. So average height or a bit under for a guy.

But I was just joking around.

Emelia Clarke is like 5'2

Dany is just a height queen

Top Bottom