• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

wandering

Banned
Yeah, I mean the White Walkers, not the Wights. The Wights are presumably okay with water aside from probably not being able to swim anymore unless they're very well-preserved.

The actual Walkers, though, seem to put on their bitch-pants whenever they get near a body of water. Even once the Wights were charging and the Dragons were raining down fire, they weren't very willing to advance toward the lake.

Whoops, misread. Yeah the white walkers seem to be landbound. Or maybe they're just really lazy.

Jacked

Neo Member
So I am guessing the next episode will be action packed but end on some sort of a cliffhanger.

I can't imagine it will be the white walkers breaching the wall, I feel that will happen in the episode itself.

Any predictions on the series end cliff hanger?

DoomGyver

From what I gather the lower level WW are Crastor's children. Obviously the elders are from way back when the children of the forrest created them. I think the more dead a WW resurrects the more powerful it becomes. The Night king has the most resurrections so he controls the most magic. Now he has a dragon and probably achieved max level. It definitely seemed like the Night King had fought dragons before, centuries ago. He wasn't even fazed by their appearance.

Future

This season man, I don't know. This episode just caps it all. I'm seeing all the things I've wanted to see all show but ... it's mostly not how I imagined it would be. It's rushed, messy and predictable strings of conveniences and unbelievability.

This is the first ep I thought was a little messy.

- wasn't convinced why Dany was instantly convinced to fly all 3 dragons to Jon
- travel time seemed too fast for the dragons to get there that quick
- Jon uncle shows up randomly and then dies randomly. Instantly
- arya hating Sansa too fast, unless she is playing everyone
- Sansa sending brienne off......why??? She knows she probably will be killed..... why would she risk this? What's to gain?

All these decisions being made with the quickness before I could truly understand why

jm89

Couldn't find jorah a proper sword? My boy was using breadknives.

And clearly the faceless men forgot to give arya back her brain, sansa should lock her up to prevent her from any dumbassery.

Volimar

While watching the show, I took the "he's too little" line to mean that he wasn't a big enough fish to warrant marrying him. The North might be the biggest kingdom, but it's not the richest or most bountiful. Things Dany needs to consider before getting married.

Couldn't find jorah a proper sword? My boy was using breadknives.

And clearly the faceless men forgot to give arya back her brain, sansa should lock her up to prevent her from any dumbassery.

They were dragonglass daggers.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Something I thought of:

This episode basically gives strong credence to the "Lord of Light" being a fraud. The visions from the flames that were the "Lord of Light's calling" basically ended with them trading a wight for a dragon.

They would have been better off not following the visions.

Unless dragonglass has significantly different properties from real-world obsidian, making an entire sword out of it is probably a pretty poor plan. They're probably stuck with arrowheads and daggers until someone figures out the macuahuitl.

Something I thought of:

This episode basically gives strong credence to the "Lord of Light" being a fraud. The visions from the flames that were the "Lord of Light's calling" basically ended with them trading a wight for a dragon.

You don't know that.

The payoff might be huge for getting the wight.

This is the first ep I thought was a little messy.

- wasn't convinced why Dany was instantly convinced to fly all 3 dragons to Jon

Possible reasons

- Gendry's account of the encounter
- One dragon for evac, maybe 2 (assume full roster was still alive), then one more for cover support

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
You don't know that.

The payoff might be huge for getting the wight.

Cersei will never fight for them, and tbh, I doubt she even needed convincing anyway. She probably would have agreed to a meeting without the wight because she wants the meeting for a chance to kill Dany and everyone else.

So not going north probably doesn't change much on that end, except the Night King has no dragon.

Volimar

Something I thought of:

My personal headcanon is that the LoL is just a powerful fire demon that foresaw the white walker threat and so rebranded himself to get followers to work towards defeating them. If the NK wins, if he somehow then crosses into Essos etc. If he kills everything, the fire demon wouldn't have any worshippers sacrificing folks to him.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
What the fuck is Arya's problem lol. What an insufferable character she's become.
You can't fault her completely, Arya isn't completely wrong about Sansa. It's pretty fucked that she wants to take Jons place, especially when he's off fighting for his life.

DoomGyver

Plot twist: Littlefinger is also a faceless man
That would be the long con of long cons. Brothel operator trained as a faceless man.
I think Cersie will agree to peace and join the fight against the WW, all the while conspiring behind their back to attack Dany's forces while they're fighting the WW.

Volimar

Dany should just take one dragon to the meeting and let them guess where the other two are. If they don't find out that one's missing.

Bran should be OP af but he's just been sitting there being a robot all season.

Dude's still wrapping his head around downloading the entire history of the world.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Last thought before I get out of here and get some sleep(if I can). IBD nights are the worst.

We saw in this episode that it's almost like the writers have an endgame and write scenarios based off of that endgame. For example, many people in this thread tonight said the episode felt forced. Like they just wanted to give the Night King a dragon, so they wrote this scenario around it. Now we don't know if this premise is true, but just pretending it is for a second...

I thought what could be the scenario that turns Jaime against Cersei? What has been Jaime's one weak spot other than Cersei? Brienne. They had a very strong connection. Well now, Brienne is headed for King's Landing.

Maybe something happens between the two of them that gets Jaime to turn on Cersei. Or something.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
this season really shows that its not a book author writing the story but show writers.

it feels so rushed and dumb forced..

arya sansa is so stupid..

makes me look forward to the books even more.

You can't fault her completely, Arya isn't completely wrong about Sansa. It's pretty fucked that she wants to take Jons place, especially when he's off fighting for his life.

And Sansa purposely withheld the Knights of the Vale from Jon. Her endgame was always to be the lady of Winterfell. Had Jon died, I don't think she would be too upset. She never liked him because he isn't a trueborn Stark.

I wrote a joke post about Qyburn here. But story is going somewhere that we can expect him to do something with that wight! He'll not turn wight into human, but maybe he can experiment on it for something! Maybe not a good thing for Jon and Daenerys.

Jacked

Neo Member
Just got into work and Co worker just said that finale is getting leaked today.

Not sure the authenticity but good god if true.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Jaime finding out that these guys were able to kill a dragon is gonna really prove to him how fucked everyone is.

Krogan

If its been a few episodes since we have seen Euron why couldn't they have spread his actions across an extra episode to make the ship travel a tad more believable.

7he Talon

Just finished watching the episode. Still need to time to take in the whole episode, but some thoughts straight up.

I thought overall it was really good! The action was great, a lot of waiting around on an ice island, but that's cool. I was very disappointed with Jon 'bending' the knee.

Keen to see what happens next episode. It'll obviously end on a really annoying cliff hanger and we'll have to wait until 2019 to have it resolved.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Jaime be like: OK we totally gotta help these guys in the North.

Cersie be like: OK we're totally killing these guys.

Jaime: WUT

Cersei: We're doing it for this *holds her belly*

Jaime:

giphy.gif

Random little question, but does Sansa know about Jon being killed and resurrected? I can't remember if he told her or not back in season six.

Wait nevermind, now I remember Tormund saying the "he died for us" speech back when he was recruiting the wildlings with Jon and Sansa. Derp.

- Sansa sending brienne off......why??? She knows she probably will be killed..... why would she risk this? What's to gain?

Pretty sure that was Arya who sent Brienne off. Sansa just talked with LF about how keeping Brienne close would be the smart thing to do, and right after Arya said pointedly that she can be anyone, even Sansa. She needed Brienne gone to get close to Sansa, I guess. To what end, I have no fucking clue.

Pretty sure that was Arya who sent Brienne off. Sansa just talked with LF about how keeping Brienne close would be the smart thing to do, and right after Arya said pointedly that she can be anyone, even Sansa. She needed Brienne gone to get close to Sansa, I guess. To what end, I have no fucking clue.

I reckon Arya and Sansa are deliberately creating a rift to draw littlefinger out I think.

Massa

Arya has to kill a person before she can become them.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
But Arya doesn't have Sansa's face? I thought she needs her face to become Sansa?

Timbuktu

From what I gather the lower level WW are Crastor's children. Obviously the elders are from way back when the children of the forrest created them. I think the more dead a WW resurrects the more powerful it becomes. The Night king has the most resurrections so he controls the most magic. Now he has a dragon and probably achieved max level. It definitely seemed like the Night King had fought dragons before, centuries ago. He wasn't even fazed by their appearance.

I have assumed that he can see as much as Bran, if not more. He was expecting Jon and his guys and probably Dany with her dragons to rescue them. He picked out Viserion because that's the one he's 'meant' to have.

That's probably what makes the absence of Bran stand out a bit for me. He should be the general in this war and we don't know what's he's up to. Then there's the fight between Sansa and Arya, neither mentioned him.

Top Bottom