• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

there was one thing about what Tormund said that confused me "how many of Mance's people died because he didn't kneel" - first off it seems quite out of character for Tormund to say that, because Mance didn't do so because of the opinions of the wildlings

secondly, if I recall correctly, none of the wildlings were executed because Mance didn't kneel. They were all already prisoners at Castle Black. They only died at battle. After Mance was killed they remained prisoners...they were never executed because of Mance's pride

secondly, if I recall correctly, none of the wildlings were executed because Mance didn't kneel. They were all already prisoners at Castle Black. They only died at battle. After Mance was killed they remained prisoners...they were never executed because of Mance's pride

I took it to mean had Mance bent the knee, the Wildings would have been let through the wall right then to fight for Stannis, sure some would have died, but it would have likely saved more lives and would have been better deaths than what eventually happened at Hardhome.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
im saying more rolling the dice about jon or his allies surviving the battle.

also little finger is the smartest and i dont think he believes in White walkers, so believing in them or not, has nothing to be with being dumb or smart

It does in this context, though. Sansa would have to be a dribbling moron to not think the White Walkers are real after seeing everything that has happened up until this point. Jon, the Night's Watch and the Wildlings all saw it, they also all know Jon was resurrected and now he went North of the Wall to bring one back South, and you're saying she doesn't think they're real? Like, you make it sound like I'm the one who doesn't give Sansa any credit but you're implying she might just be the dumbest person in the show.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
3rd time won't be a fakeout, eh? :/
I miss the "attack on Castle Black" Jon, rezzed Jon's not taking care of himself to the detriment of himself and others.

He's already at 4 in a row (saved by his horsemen, saved by the Knight's of the Vale, saved by Dany and her dragons, saved by Uncle Benjen).

Northern Cavalry save Jon:

1ujv6o.gif

Sansa and the Vale save Jon:

1ujvi8.gif

Dany and her dragons save Jon:

1ujuyp.gif

Uncle Benjen saves Jon:

1ujur5.gif

And if we include this,

GOT3-4.gif

All I have to say is, buddy has a lot to pay back for. I think a sacrifice is highly likely.

Heshinsi

there was one thing about what Tormund said that confused me "how many of Mance's people died because he didn't kneel" - first off it seems quite out of character for Tormund to say that, because Mance didn't do so because of the opinions of the wildlings

Hardhome bro. Mance led a force of over 100,000 Wilding, and yet not even 10% of them made it south of the wall. Had Mance knelt to Stannis, the Usurper's brother would have let them come south, and the Wilding would have followed Mance (or at the very least many more than the ones Jon was able to save).

aBarreras

It does in this context, though. Sansa would have to be a dribbling moron to not think the White Walkers are real after seeing everything that has happened up until this point. Jon, the Night's Watch and the Wildlings all saw it, they also all know Jon was resurrected and now he went North of the Wall to bring one back South, and you're saying she doesn't think they're real? Like, you make it sound like I'm the one who doesn't give Sansa any credit but you're implying she might just be the dumbest person in the show.

what does have jon going north of the wall this season anything to do with sansa not believing in white walkers last season?????

Einchy

i mean everyone else know those things and still have their reservations, why sansa having them makes her the dumbest person?

Literally no one who joined Jon has those reservations, that's why they joined Jon.

[edit]

My point is that Sansa isn't dumb, so of course she believes they're real. Who wouldn't at that point? You're saying that she doesn't, which would make her pretty dumb.

Your images never seem to work for me.
something strange is happening in this thread...

edit: that was just an avatar quote, by the way
Hardhome bro. Mance led a force of over 100,000 Wilding, and yet not even 10% of them made it south of the wall. Had Mance knelt to Stannis, the Usurper's brother would have let them come south, and the Wilding would have followed Mance (or at the very least many more than the ones Jon was able to save).
first, before I respond, did you put a link where you said "led"? because it redirects me to a spam link...maybe it's a virus?

secondly, you're right, i forgot about that. i was only accounting for the wildling prisoners, but not the 90,00 poor souls who are fuckin zombies now.

Heshinsi

something strange is happening in this thread...

edit: that was just an avatar quote, by the way
first, before I respond, did you put a link where you said "led"? because it redirects me to a spam link...maybe it's a virus?

secondly, you're right, i forgot about that. i was only accounting for the wildling prisoners, but not the 90,00 poor souls who are fuckin zombies now.

No, there's no link. Strange.

Volimar

Artisan, you might want to run a malwarebytes scan.

Sansa has proven herself to be loyal and loving and concerned sister to Jon this season as far as I can see as a viewer

I agree, though I also think that Sansa feels she is owed something for everything she has suffered. And now that it comes out that she credits herself for saving Jon in the BoB she definitely feels like she has it within her to rule.

Has Jon ever done anything? Seems to me he has always failed, only to gave his ass saved by someone else who succeeded in what he wanted to do

Heshinsi

that's Jon dude. Not Danny lol. He is the Dragon and The Wolf. Accept it Targ stans

game-of-thrones-littlefinger-shadows.gif

There's nothing about him save blood that's a dragon. He's a Wolf through and through.

Being a good leader doesn't mean having to get it done by yourself.

Sure, but I think the question is if Jon has won a single battle. He defeated the initial strike force sent against the wall, but even he knew that if Mance throw his full force at him he'd lose. Hence why he went to parley with him. It was Stannis that actually ended the Wilding threat. He also didn't win the battle of the bastard, and would have assuredly died on the lake had Dany not shown up when she did. How is he even considered a good commander, if he is always at the brink of defeat, only to get bailed out by someone else?

FUCK FUCK FUCK! I clicked on the link, now I gotta bring this to the apple store?
Artisan, you might want to run a malwarebytes scan.
I have AVG antivirus, will that do the trick?
I agree, though I also think that Sansa feels she is owed something for everything she has suffered. And now that it comes out that she credits herself for saving Jon in the BoB she definitely feels like she has it within her to rule.
She does deserve something, though. She's been mentally traumatized at King's Landing, then at the Vale castle idk remember what it's called, and then she was raped. Just like Theon, she technically never had counseling for everything she's been through.
Has Jon ever done anything? Seems to me he has always failed, only to gave his ass saved by someone else who succeeded in what he wanted to do
"he was the first to make allies of wildlings and northmen."

"he died for us. if we don't offer to do the same, we're cowards."

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
He's already at 4 in a row (saved by his horsemen, saved by the Knight's of the Vale, saved by Dany and her dragons, saved by Uncle Benjen).

Northern Cavalry save Jon:

https://i.imgflip.com/1ujv6o.gif[IMG]

[U]Sansa and the Vale save Jon:[/U]

[IMG]https://i.imgflip.com/1ujvi8.gif[IMG]

[U]Dany and her dragons save Jon:[/U]

[IMG]https://i.imgflip.com/1ujuyp.gif[IMG]
[U]
Uncle Benjen saves Jon:[/U]

[IMG]https://i.imgflip.com/1ujur5.gif[IMG]

And if we include this,

[IMG]http://cdn.fansided.com/gif/GOT3-4.gif?w=650[IMG]

All I have to say is, buddy has a lot to pay back for. I think a sacrifice is highly likely.[/QUOTE]

i think this counts

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kExEPOw.gif

Heshinsi

To be fair, we do have to remind everyone that Jon did save that farmer. We can not gloss over his moments of...wait a minute, didn't Summer save him there too?! Just checked, and yes he gets bailed out by Summer! Hahaha! Add Summer to the list of names of characters who have bailed our boy out.

Just a few quick and possibly stupid questions about episode 6.

Didn't they need Dragonglass to kill White Walkers? Then how did Jon kill one of them in this episode?

Do they also need Dragonglass to kill the normal dead (wights?) or are can those be killed with any weapon?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
To be fair, we do have to remind everyone that Jon did save that farmer. We can not gloss over his moments of...wait a minute, didn't Summer save him there too?! Just checked, and yes he gets bailed out by Summer! Hahaha!

New dumb theory time: Bran is time travel warging into everyone thats saving him. Bran is going to be like that whatshername from Doctor Who.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Didn't they need Dragonglass to kill White Walkers? Then how did Jon kill one of them in this episode?

Do they also need Dragonglass to kill the normal dead (wights?) or are can those be killed with any weapon?

His Valareian Steel sword can also do the job.

Wrights can be killed with dragonglass, Valareian Steel, or fire.

Vashetti

Banned

Valyrian Steel also kills White Walkers. How can you forget Hardhome?

Oberon

Banned

Valyrian weapon do the same. And I think any weapons for the zombies

Jon's Valyrian Steel sword kills WWs, it was a big moment in Season 5 when he managed to block an attack that would've shattered ordinary steel.

The others had Dragonglass, it was stupid of them not to give us a line or two indicating that they've had it.
Same with provisions, they left the Wall with bags that must have food or something.
A couple of lines could have mitigated some of the weirdness of this episode.

Heshinsi

New dumb theory time: Bran is time travel warging into everyone thats saving him. Bran is going to be like that whatshername from Doctor Who.

Sorry I misspoke, both Summer and Shaggydog saved him lol.

1ujzkl.gif

I can't stop laughing in how all these timely saves are the reason buddy is still with us. Just in this gif you see a guy ready to strike him with a sword...SAVED! Another is about to let loose an arrow...SAVED!

Thank you everyone.

It's been a while since I last saw the show so I'd completely forgotten about his sword. (now I wanna go back and re-watch Hardhome)

Last question, I don't remember Uncle Benjen at all, so..... what was he doing there?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Sorry I misspoke, both Summer and Shaggydog saved him lol.

1ujzkl.gif

I can't stop laughing in how all these timely saves are the reason buddy is still with us. Just in this gif you see a guy ready to strike him with a sword...SAVED! Another is about to let loose and arrow...SAVED!

DztgcTo.gif

Einchy

Thank you everyone.

It's been a while since I last saw the show so I'd completely forgotten about his sword. (now I wanna go back and re-watch Hardhome)

Last question, I don't remember Uncle Benjen at all, so..... what was he doing there?

This should remind ya of Benjen.

Season 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69mO9reqUPI

Couldn't find a video for the next Benjen related scene, but Ghost comes back with a hand, which makes them realize Benjen and his group are in trouble so they make an expedition to go find them, which is how Jon gets mixed up with the Wildings.

Then we don't see him until he saved Bran in season 6 and then he tells Bran this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecps6L5M0Gs

Einchy

Speaking of the Lord of Light, ya'll think we'll ever know if he's, like, a real living thing or something? With how powerful Night King is, and since he is yet another part of a Song of Ice and Fire, and the Lord of Light is the other side, it makes it seem like the Lord of Light has to be real and somewhere out there.

Speaking of the Lord of Light, ya'll think we'll ever know if he's, like, a real living thing or something? With how powerful Night King is, and since he is yet another part of a Song of Ice and Fire, and the Lord of Light is the other side, it makes it seem like the Lord of Light has to be real and somewhere out there.

Given the crazy Bran theories some run with, I propose the equally stupid theory that the Lord of Light will be Dany and Jon's future child somehow guiding everyone to his birth.

Top Bottom