• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

This should remind ya of Benjen.

Season 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69mO9reqUPI

Couldn't find a video for the next Benjen related scene, but Ghost comes back with a hand, which makes them realize Benjen and his group are in trouble so they make an expedition to go find them, which is how Jon gets mixed up with the Wildings.

Then we don't see him until he saved Bran in season 6 and then he tells Bran this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecps6L5M0Gs
Thank you.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Given the crazy Bran theories some run with, I propose the equally stupid theory that the Lord of Light will be Dany and Jon's future child somehow guiding everyone to his birth.

I was going to pull a Mistborn and go with the Night King being the Lord of Light, and is just fucking with everyone. But I like your idea better.

PixelatedBookake

"Ok guys where's Jon right now...oh at Castle Black? I'm hungry, should be a quiet night, so I'll be right back with some pizza."

giphy.gif

lmaooooooooooo

Ferrio

Banned
After their failed attempt with the first guy, the Children of the Forest stabbed some rando with a ruby. Boom lord of light.

FiggyCal

Banned
Why do they even do that? Battle of the Bastards had so many actual tense moments, that these felt completely unnecessary. Did anyone really think random soldier #23 was going to be the one to take Jon out?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He's reaching legendary hero tier.

Except for the whole needing to be rescued every single time thing, of course.

He only needs to be rescued during plot relevant cutscenes. During gameplay segments he's a beast.

Speely

Banned
I was thinking about how fucked Jon is going to be convincing the North to follow Dany, but then I realized that the NK has a dragon now...

Dany's resume just got a lot more attractive for Northern houses, I would imagine.

The Wolf and The Lion
The Lion and The Rose
The Dragon and The Wolf

Something terrible will happen to Dany should the tradition of the lead creature getting fucked hold.

That's what they want you to think. They've conditioned us to expect the worst, but this time, it's a happy marriage.

Rewatching Season 2, episode 1. How could I have forgotten Joff/Cersei ordering the murder of babies and bastard children with black hair? Whatever questionable shit Daenarys has done, she's still a fucking saint compared to that hateful bitch Cersei.

Elandyll

Banned
Oh god, oh god, this even worse than I thought, haha. Crastor's wife, put her on the list!

Can someone point me in the direction of a single mission Jon has gone on where he wasn't almost killed and needed a last minute save?
Pretty sure he was mvp at Hardhome (Castle black too, we all know she wasn't actually gonna kill him, fucking Olly), but there could always be a scene of someone helping him.

Heshinsi

Pretty sure he was mvp at Hardhome (Castle black too, we all know she wasn't actually gonna kill him, fucking Olly), but there could always be a scene of someone helping him.

Hardhome was a failure of a mission, but you are right in that he didn't have a moment where he needed to be saved. The battle at the War though was ended by Stannis.

Nameless

SO SOON? :OOOOOOOO

The Mountain and The Viper.

I turned it off after Oberyn's Kilik finisher. Did something else happen?

Rewatching Season 2, episode 1. How could I have forgotten Joff/Cersei ordering the murder of babies and bastard children with black hair? Whatever questionable shit Daenarys has done, she's still a fucking saint compared to that hateful bitch Cersei.

That was all Joffrey. Cersei had nothing to do with it.

Heshinsi

Her "questionable" shit is almost always directed at murderous shits too. The Lannisters have wrecked shit up and down Westeros, to the point where Randall Tarly's comments of Cersei being a local born and raised Queen, is so contived in its stupidity.

"Oh no, the foreign Queen MAY use her army to rape and pillage this land, so I'm going to join the Queen whose family and army HAS raped and pillaged across this land!"

you know i was thinking about it last night, and even though the walking dead is the zombie show, game of thrones depicts zombies more closely to their origins than the walking dead does.

as pop culture evolved, zombies evolved into just being dead people or infected people who become cannibalistic monsters.

but originally, zombies were dead people brought back to life by dark magic to be enslaved. which is much more like what the wights are than the walkers. doing their masters' bidding.

Seesaw15

The One and Done™;246763258 said:
Let's be honest people, if this Arya Sansa business doesn't turn out to be a subversion, it will be really really bad.

Arya's still playing 4D chess from when she got stabbed in the stomach by the waif. WAKE UP SHEEPLE!
It's probably a subversion its just so poorly written/set-up.

televator

Let's be honest people, if this Arya Sansa business doesn't turn out to be a subversion, it will be really really bad.

Indeed. It will be flatout awful writing. It's playing out bad enough already.

Euphor!a

Banned

It's still horrific regardless, everything about their scenes just makes me want to stop watching until the next one comes on. Even if they do turn out to be just a ruse to fool Littlefinger or whoever, no one is going to look back on those scenes any more favorably. God, so fucking bad.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just caught up with the recent episode. After a slew of solid ones, this past weeks was a total debacle. Glad to see pages upon pages of ppl arguing the same. Rushed GoT is worst GoT.

Some nice banter though. Tyrion discussing succession and rule. The fellowship using the long march wisely to posit exposition and link old relationships. Good stuff...until the real plot mucked it all up.

I think it's going to be pretty bad regardless. It's just a matter of how bad at this point. Even some crafty subversion isn't going to redeem a lot of the foolishness. Pretty big waste of the characters.

Yeah, if the Stark sisters both get a "wait a minute...! Little Finger? Little Finger." I'll just... ugh.

It'll be the last episode I watch this season that's for damned sure!

Heshinsi

So why is no one talking to Bran? I mean both sisters know Bran can see things. All Sansa had to do is drag Arya to Bran, and get him to say, "chill the fuck out Arya because this is what happened."

Volimar

So why is no one talking to Bran? I mean both sister's know Bran can see things. All Sansa had to do is drag Arya to Bran, and get him to say, "chill the fuck out Arya because this is what happened."

Cuz he's creepy now. Also the fact that he's only seen fragments so far, but hopefully he comes through for them.

So why is no one talking to Bran? I mean both sister's know Bran can see things. All Sansa had to do is drag Arya to Bran, and get him to say, "chill the fuck out Arya because this is what happened."

his absence this episode was to not interrupt the buildup of this stupid Winterfell drama. he'll be back in the season finale for sure.

HBO should really consider a director's cut/extended cut bluray release as I've mentioned before. Fixes pacing*, restores faith, more revenue, tides us over while we wait for the "delayed" final season. Then add it to tv/stream services a few weeks before the final season. Someone tweet this to them.

*Some areas might be difficult to fix without reshoots...

No it won't. :p
Wanna bet!? =D

Top Bottom