• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

No. Bran is the old man. The 3 Eyed Raven from the tree. And Bran the Builder.

I still bet my left shoe on that first part.

i bet my left nut hes all of them and the Night King.

tin9.jpg

Bran is the Night king. Jon is the Night king. Rhaegar is the Night king.

Can't the Night king just fucking be that guy we saw the forest child stab in the heart with dragonglass?!

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
She he's a brooding fuck because he found out that it's actually him he has to stop? But if Bran's the Night King, that means future him does something to get himself sent to the past. Just kill yourslef now bro, and save everyone. I don't get why that's such a hard decision for him.

FiggyCal

Banned
is everyone on board with the Night King being Bran? hes got spears and chains ready just waiting for the Dragons to appear. I still say it makes the most sense to me and it might explain how the children lost control of their creation.

I think it's a pretty silly theory. We saw how the Night King got made a while back.

Nameless

A more likely theory is the Night King sees what Bran sees, or at least part of it, after 'touching' him. After all they didn't actually make physical contact with each other, it was more some psychic reach across the void shit. Makes sense if their connection was similar in nature. He immediately sensed Bran's ravens and knocked him out the warg state.

is everyone on board with the Night King being Bran? hes got spears and chains ready just waiting for the Dragons to appear. I still say it makes the most sense to me and it might explain how the children lost control of their creation.

No. Leave the Night king and his identity alone

Atomic Odin

Its amazing how Bran = Night King theory has gained so much traction. All because apparently they wear similar type of clothing and maybe walk with a similar gait.

Ridiculous.

Its amazing how Bran = Night King theory has gained so much traction. All because apparently they wear similar type of clothing and maybe walk with a similar gait.

Ridiculous.

I mean they also apparently have some weird-ass psychic bond or overlap in their powers, and they're both huge cunts who like to stand around doing nothing aside from looking completely stoned for days on end during periods of extreme duress for those around them.

If nothing else they clearly should be best bros.

Ptaaty

Some things that really bugged me....

1. Where the heck were the obsidian weapons? All that dragonstone stuff and they use normal swords 90% of the time. Tipped arrows? New swords? Anything....all I saw was like two little daggers.

2. The thin sheet of ice. I mean how many years was it freaking frozen solid north of the wall? Yet here they are, its thin and only freezes enough in the day or so they are trapped? Come on.

3. The chains. No sense.

4. Time passage is off the rails. Sansa hadn't heard from Jon in "weeks"...that implies some distance from the wall. Except when the dead army traps Jon and company - what's his face runs ALL the way back to the wall, gets the raven sent, Dany gets the message and flies back all in essentially no time. At best it's a day. Even if the raven was speed of light this is way off....if Dragonstone is that freaking close she could have done a quick tour or check (little day outing) and check out the undead army.

I did love some things though - Arya and Sansa drama due to Littlefinger and the turned dragon (saw that one a mile away).

Atomic Odin

I mean they also apparently have some weird-ass psychic bond or overlap in their powers, and they're both huge cunts who like to stand around doing nothing aside from looking completely stoned for days on end during periods of extreme duress for those around them.

If nothing else they clearly should be best bros.

When he grabbed his hand in S6, NK probably wanted a hug or something. Bran is rude.

Heshinsi

I still don't understand how the Night King showed up real time into Bran's vision, and then left a physical mark on him. What the hell was that?

Atomic Odin

2. The thin sheet of ice. I mean how many years was it freaking frozen solid north of the wall? Yet here they are, its thin and only freezes enough in the day or so they are trapped? Come on.

Its just inconsistent with the logic they have shown in previous seasons. When WW are in vicinity every little droplet freezes & peoples teeths start chattering like hell. Now though that is conveniently forgotten.

On a similar note I read (probably here) a theory why WW are kinda iffy when they see water. Wouldn't want to get submerged & freeze instantly with it now would they?

On a similar note I read (probably here) a theory why WW are kinda iffy when they see water. Wouldn't want to get submerged & freeze instantly with it now would they?

Get stuck trundling around like a Frost Atronach from Skyrim for a few days until the other White Walkers stop laughing and give them a hand chiseling out of it.

Hard to do your panty-dropper "come hither, my undead legions" poses when you look like an icy StayPuff Marshmallow Man.

Atomic Odin

I still don't understand how the Night King showed up real time into Bran's vision, and then left a physical mark on him. What the hell was that?

Warging/time travelling don't work on him apparently. God knows how many more unknown Deus ex powers we're gonna see him unleash. Children of the forest were on some really strong weed when they created him.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
is it possible that the Night king is ever going to "talk" to Jon before one of them tries to kill the other? Like, the Night king says wtf is on his mind other than wanting to kill everyone or is he basically just another film Sauron who is evil one dimensionally personified
They specifically said that they would never have the Night King speak.

Heshinsi

Warging/time travelling don't work on him apparently. God knows how many more unknown Deus ex powers we're gonna see him unleash. Children of the forest were on some really strong weed when they created him.

You would think that anyone making a weapon this powerful would have a means to counter act it right? It is so incredibly stupid of them not to imagine a scenario where they lose control. Seriously, I want to know what they had in place originally to control him.

The Blackwater chain didn't make it to the show.

Well fuck, I kept wondering if it happened after the wild fire explosion, but that would make sense as to why I couldn't visualise it.

how the NKing got the chains doesn't bother me, but how he got his zombies to wrap it around Viserion's neck is what I don't get. It's not like the zombies swam down there with the chains; they're heavy enough as it is and these zombies are supposed to deactivate as soon as they're submerged in a body of water...

Atomic Odin

how the NKing got the chains doesn't bother me, but how he got his zombies to wrap it around Viserion's neck is what I don't get. It's not like the zombies swam down there with the chains; they're heavy enough as it is and these zombies are supposed to deactivate as soon as they're submerged in a body of water...

They are?

tormund-drag.gif

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

I went back and rewatched this scene. When they pulled him from the hole, it was completely frozen over in ice and them pulling up Viserion broke through it. So basically, they someone climbed down there and wrapped chains around him without making a hole in the ice.

Atomic Odin

You would think that anyone making a weapon this powerful would have a means to counter act it right? It is so incredibly stupid of them not to imagine a scenario where they lose control. Seriously, I want to know what they had in place originally to control him.

Probably (incredibly) stupid enough to believe he will recognize them as his masters and do their bidding. I guess we will never know what with exposition taking a back seat.

No. Bran is the old man. The 3 Eyed Raven from the tree. And Bran the Builder.

I still bet my left shoe on that first part.

Bran is Bran the builder so he gets a bonus n . Brann
Brann is the three eyed raven so he has an extra i. Briann
Bran cant walk so he gets pushed/pulled everywhere so life is eazy on his legs. So he gets a big e for that. Brianne.

In conclusion Bran is Brianne. Thats where all his emotions for his sisters went, into Brianne.

They are?

tormund-drag.gif
I was being careful with my wording for this reason. I said submerged, because I remembered this scene specifically - were the zombies' torsos still above the water? Or were they submerged and popped their heads out?
I went back and rewatched this scene. When they pulled him from the hole, it was completely frozen over in ice and them pulling up Viserion broke through it. So basically, they someone climbed down there and wrapped chains around him without making a hole in the ice.
Someone climbed down where? Into the lake? The water under the sheet of ice is still frozen though. What do you mean?

DarkKyo

They deactivate in water? Is this true? I thought they just sink but are still active until they freeze. If this is the case then I'm guessing they'd sacrifice a couple guys to wrap the chains and just freeze forever down there. A few normal undead aren't worth nearly as much as an ice wyvern.

Heshinsi

Probably (incredibly) stupid enough to believe he will recognize them as his masters and do their bidding. I guess we will never know what with exposition taking a back seat.
These fuckers seriously deserved to be crushed by the first men. If you've got magic powerful enough to create something like the Night King, how are a bunch of Bronze Age humans punking you?

There is a hole in the ice though, all around the chains.

They deactivate in water? Is this true? I thought they just sink but are still active until they freeze. If this is the case then I'm guessing they'd sacrifice a couple guys to wrap the chains and just freeze forever down there. A few normal undead aren't worth nearly as much as an ice wyvern.
I guess it is unclear. I don't know why the zombie army wouldn't come after Jon Snow & the wildlings in the water at Hardhome, if that's the case.

In this episode when Jon gets knocked into the water it looks like all the other zombies in the water with him became motionless.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I was being careful with my wording for this reason. I said submerged, because I remembered this scene specifically - were the zombies' torsos still above the water? Or were they submerged and popped their heads out?
Someone climbed down where? Into the lake? The water under the sheet of ice is still frozen though. What do you mean?

When they pull Viserion out of the lake, the water froze over. It's completely solid and frozen over when they pull him out.

So either the writers/director overlooked it, or the undead climbed down there tied the chains around him and just sat around doing nothing until the lake totally froze over in that spot before pulling Viserion out. It's not really a big deal, I was just poking fun at a little goof(if it is one).

Armadilo

Banned
just hope that we get something that is unexpected because as of right now, all the pieces are coming together and we all can tell whats going to happen

Heshinsi

So every time the undead got ahold of one of the no name guys, they stabbed them, and they ripped them apart. When something like 5 of them get all over Tormund, no one is stabbing him, and the one dude breathing his nasty breath on his face, doesn't even bite his face off.

Atomic Odin

I dunno, I see them emerge from water like they were submerged. It just inconsistencies that frustrates me. With WW so close the water in that hole should have frozen over in the first place. Likewise when they pulled Viserion up (ignoring the chain shenanigans) that water should have instantly frozen with more than WW present there along with NK.

Its just at the convenience of writers. When they see fit, wights are wasted interacting with water. When they want a scene with tension wights manage just fine.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
just hope that we get something that is unexpected because as of right now, all the pieces are coming together and we all can tell whats going to happen

Dragons fighting the White Walkers in this episode was pretty unexpected, I mean, not so much when Jon tells Gendry to go get Dany but going into it, I had no idea that fight was going to happen.

When they pull Viserion out of the lake, the water froze over. It's completely solid and frozen over when they pull him out.

So either the writers/director overlooked it, or the undead climbed down there tied the chains around him and just sat around doing nothing until the lake totally froze over in that spot before pulling Viserion out. It's not really a big deal, I was just poking fun at a little goof(if it is one).
The surface is frozen over but the water is still frozen underneath. I guess what I'm confused about is what do you mean when you say they climbed to get to his neck?
I dunno, I see them emerge from water like they were submerged. It just inconsistencies that frustrates me. With WW so close the water in that hole should have frozen over in the first place. Likewise when they pulled Viserion up (ignoring the chain shenanigans) that water should have instantly frozen with more than WW present there along with NK.

Its just at the convenience of writers. When they see fit, wights are wasted interacting with water. When they want a scene with tension wights manage just fine.
Yeah you're right, it's just an inconsistency and it annoys me too. I wasn't even thinking about it when the scene happened because you're like all caught up in the moment of wtf what's gonna happen to Tormund

zoukka

Why not? Littlefinger has spent a lifetime manipulating far smarter people, and he managed to pit them against each other with nothing more than the truth.

Arya is a faceless... come on.

So every time the undead got ahold of one of the no name guys, they stabbed them, and they ripped them apart. When something like 5 of them get all over Tormund, no one is stabbing him, and the one dude breathing his nasty breath on his face, doesn't even but his face off.

Plot armor has been incredible this season.

Goodstyle

This's basically Arya right now.
This is a great meme that is actually true to the 2016 election. Arya is trying to make a bullshit scandal out of irrelevant, out of context private communications.

Sidenote, I'm glad people are realising what a brat Arya is and that Sansa is the best Stark.

Top Bottom