• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
inhPC9q.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Literally did not happen. Your complaining does not make sense without that misconception.

Stannis said "I know what it is, we have it on Dragonstone." That's it. For all Sam knew at the time they had a dragonglass wind chime.

Excuse me of getting my phrasing wrong in my first sentence. But it's still literally in the third sentence of the post. "All Sam did was find the location of the dragon glass Stannis told them about." Just because you keep ignoring it that doesn't make it go away.

Fanuilos

And she was totally hot for him in that moment.

Absolutely, he turned it from a moment where they could have gotten into an argument into one where he's asking for her trust. Tyrion and Jorah can see it happening too. That little look of approval from Tyrion after Jon says "goodbye" is great.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Absolutely, he turned it from a moment where they could have gotten into an argument into one where he's asking for her trust. Tyrion and Jorah can see it happening too. That little look of approval from Tyrion after Jon says "goodbye" is great.

Tyrion found his way to get through to her from the look of it. "I'm not sure Jon would like it if you burned people to death, he's not a fan of it. He'd like you, I mean it, much better if you found another way."

Gin-Shiio

Excuse me of getting my phrasing wrong in my first sentence. But it's still literally in the third sentence of the post. "All Sam did was find the location of the dragon glass Stannis told them about." Just because you keep ignoring it that doesn't make it go away.

I get where you are coming from, but keep in mind Stannis never clarified the quantity of dragon glass present on Dragonstone. It wasn't until Sam found that the quantity is actually massive that they developed an interest in mining it from there.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I get where you are coming from, but keep in mind Stannis never clarified the quantity of dragon glass present on Dragonstone. It wasn't until Sam found that the quantity is actually massive that they developed an interest in mining it from there.

He's getting on me for not reading my entire post, it's annoying as fuck. If you're going to participate in a discussion read the whole damn post. That's all I ask. All I want from him.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I loved Dany's look to Tyrion for approval as well. Our girl is falling for the King in the North. Even Jorah backs off the moment he sees Jon walking towards them on the beach. He knows that his place is being Dany's protector and friend.

Jorah sees Jon as a solid marriage prospect and likes him well enough to go with him on a suicide mission beyond the wall. He said he'd do it to serve Dany, but if you think that through it boils down to Jorah keeping the man he could tell she likes safe. I wouldn't be surprised to see him die protecting Jon, telling him about Dany's feelings for him. And he does it all for her. What a man.

hm...I like what you thought of here, it is a good way to do things for Jorah. However, I don't think there's been enough exposition of these 2 characters together. Jon greeted Jorah after introducing himself as serving his father, just like Sam did, but other than that, I don't think they've literally said a word to each other since then.

So we don't really know what Jorah thinks of Jon. Not until they talk.

Zabka

He's getting on me for not reading my entire post, it's annoying as fuck. If you're going to participate in a discussion read the whole damn post. That's all I ask. All I want from him.

I read your post and I don't understand why you're choosing this as your hill to die on. You even admitted you were wrong about Stannis telling him there's a mountain of dragonglass. The third sentence doesn't add to or correct anything from that. It just reinforces what you stated earlier in the paragraph.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I read your post and I don't understand why you're choosing this as your hill to die on. You even admitted you were wrong about Stannis telling him there's a mountain of dragonglass. The third sentence doesn't add to or correct anything from that. It just reinforces what you stated earlier in the paragraph.

You're trying to tell me I didn't write "All Sam did was find the location of the dragon glass Stannis told them about."

I'll gladly take the L for my memory in the first sentence, but we both know I literally wrote the third. It doesn't change anything. All Sam did was find the dragon glass that Stannis mentioned. That point remains true regardless. That's all Sam did.

Its weird, how almost no one thinks its weird, that shipping incest is "normal". Only with Game of Thrones.

I see normal, run of the mill average people pumped about the prospect of Dany banging her nephew. Its so strange how this one series everyone's kinda like "eh, let it slide"

someone in the previous thread said that the Sansa/Arya conflict is contrived and is mostly just so that there can be something going on in the North...

...now the thing with that is, yes that's true - I agree with that, but part of the reason is because of this season's, or at least this particular episode's pacing. It's pretty unbelievable how so much stuff happens in this episode. It just seems rather not so ordinary or contrary because there's no sex/bloodshed, or at least very little bloodshed compared to the average episode.

That meeting Sansa had with the Northern lords + the Vale, this meeting like why are people already starting to doubt Jon? Obvious plot reasons aside if the show is foreshadowing Night's Watch betrayal 3.0, then honestly I don't think it's a good direction to go in.

And Lyanna Mormont, the one northern lord who has had Jon's back most of the time, she was conveniently not at that meeting and we couldn't hear her thoughts?! Wtf?

Also shouldn't Dany have checked up on the Unsullied before she came back to Dragonstone? Or is that what the Dothraki are gonna do next?

dankir

Goddammit I was totally hoping that Jon was going to take a dragon out to find a White Walker

#HowToTrainYourDragon3

WHAT AN EPISODE!!!!!

CERSEI IS PREGGERS
GILLY FOUND OUT THAT WHERE Jon's parents got married (right???)
GENDRY is fucking badass with the heavy hammer!

Shit is going to get crazy!!!!!!!

sam12

The Sansa/Arya conflict, along with LF's dagger given to Arya and the all seeing Bran will probably result in LF's death. I feel like that's what the whole conflict is leading up to.

Its weird, how almost no one thinks its weird, that shipping incest is "normal". Only with Game of Thrones.

I see normal, run of the mill average people pumped about the prospect of Dany banging her nephew. Its so strange how this one series everyone's kinda like "eh, let it slide"

it's actually a funny comparison to when the show first came out. Everyone immediately hated the Lannister because of it.

fuck da Lannisters

The Sansa/Arya conflict, along with LF's dagger given to Arya and the all seeing Bran will probably result in LF's death. I feel like that's what the whole conflict is leading up to.

not that satisfying of a way for him to go.

I would've liked to see him talk to Tyrion & Varys one last time.

I really wish this was a 10 ep season with the extra 3 eps worth of content being 'filler'.

It's moving so fast that it's glossing right over things.

What are the Unsullied doing right now?
Since they got stranded at Casterly Rock, Danaerys and the Dothraki have travelled towards Highgarden to battle the Lannisters and returned, then Davos and Tyrion sailed to King's Landing and back, then Jon and the crew travelled all the way to Eastwatch...
Are they still there? They wouldn't have the supplies to just chill there for months, are they hiking across the continent to just miraculously return to Dragonstone when the plot requires them?

Euron as well, he hasn't shown up for the last 2 episodes. For a character introduced so late, they really need to give him some more screen time for us to give a fuck about him for any kind of emotional payoff for when he inevitably kicks the bucket. Like throw in a scene here and there of him messing with Yara in a KL dungeon or something.

If Jon x Dany was brother & sister like Jaime & Cersei then it's still a no no no...and in general yeah I also wouldn't ship aunt x nephews either.

But with this show how "2nd degree" incest like cousins, and now aunt/nephew is deemed acceptable, especially how they are the "last 2 Targaryens" I just find it cute and poetic tbh.

However...in a bittersweet ending let's say if it's something like Dany giving birth to fraternal twins - brother and sister and it is foreshadowed that they will end up like Jaime/Cersei, no. No no no. Jon and Dany are the last 2 Targaryens, so they should be the last 2 Targaryens committing to this incest to keep their bloodline pure for their daughter/son. After that, the offspring has to move on and start mating like a regular human.

jayu26

Okay here is what I'm thinking...

I equip Barbarian with stealth gear and ranged weapon. Put him on high ground before the battle.

Knight and Ranger are my guys to fight the White Walkers. I equip them with Sword made from Valyrian Steel and basically make a b-line for the Night King and his posse.

Surround Knight and Ranger with Undead Knight and Soldier. These two are my guys for fighting Wights. Cast firaga with Undead Knight right at start. Put Soldier in condition: "If surrounded by five or more enemies, cast 'Fuck Your Life'."

Cleric is obviously the healer so he stays back. Equip him with potions to keep his mana up because he is going to be casting pretty much nothing but healing spells (and his liver can handle all that "potion" so that's a bonus). Put him in couple of conditions: "If health of a teammate falls below 30%, cast heal" and "If health of four or more teammates falls below 50%, cast party heal".

Warrior is equipped with hammer. He is slow, so I cannot put him in the thick of it or he will get surrounded and overwhelmed. He stays behind with Cleric and mainly protects him and takes out stragglers who get past Undead Knight and Soldier.

Or I can say fuck it and drop it to easy and just press A for Awesome.

Why isn't there a hardcore Game Of Thrones RPG, Dungeon Crawler or RTS yet?

It for sure seems bizarre we haven't gotten a major AAA Game of Thrones RPG yet. There was that one low budget looking one a while back and then there was the Telltale Game.

But yeah I'm surprised no major studio has gotten on a large scale Game of Thrones RPG. Seems like it would be easy money at this point as long as it wasn't a piece of shit

wandering

Banned
Okay here is what I'm thinking...

I equip Barbarian with stealth gear and ranged weapon. Put him on high ground before the battle.

Knight and Ranger are my guys to fight the White Walkers. I equip them with Sword made from Valyrian Steel and basically make a b-line for the Night King and his posse.

Surround Knight and Ranger with Undead Knight and Soldier. These two are my guys for fighting Wights. Cast firaga with Undead Knight right at start. Put Soldier in condition: "If surrounded by five or more enemies, cast 'Fuck Your Life'."

Cleric is obviously the healer so he stays back. Equip him with potions to keep his mana up because he is going to be casting pretty much nothing but healing spells (and his liver can handle all that "potion" so that's a bonus). Put him in couple of conditions: "If health of a teammate falls below 30%, cast heal" and "If health of four or more teammates falls below 50%, cast party heal".

Warrior is equipped with hammer. He is slow, so I cannot put him in the thick of it or he will get surrounded and overwhelmed. He stays behind with Cleric and mainly protects him and takes out stragglers who get past Undead Knight and Soldier.

Or I can say fuck it and drop it to easy and just press A for Awesome.

Cleric doesn't have Heal though, only Life.

Man leave Sam alone lol. I've never really liked Sam, but he's grown on me this season.

I'll admit I'm being too harsh on Sam. It's not really his fault the writers decided that the whole Citadel plot thread isn't worth pursuing and needed to get him back to the rest of the cast.

The way they went about it did his character no favors, though.

Loxley

Why isn't there a hardcore Game Of Thrones RPG, Dungeon Crawler or RTS yet?

It is kind of sad how absent GOT/ASOIAF has been in the video game space so far. The only notable games we've gotten are the "eh" Telltale series and that mediocre action-RPG from Cyanide.

I would kill for a Civilization or Total War-style strategy game.

It is kind of sad how absent GOT/ASOIAF has been in the video game space so far. The only notable games we've gotten are the "eh" Telltale series and that mediocre action-RPG from Cyanide.

I would kill for a Civilization or Total War-style strategy game.
The telltale game of thrones would've been more entertaining if it was running on the Uncharted 4 engine.

So should Jon also be impervious to fire?

If so, I assume that will be the big reveal at some point. Having all his clothes burned off will also show his scars.
I don't think so, no. He might have more resistance than the average man but he's not immune to it like Dany is.

Viserys also wasn't, but like...how can you not you and your sister are so inbred how could she have inherited something that you couldn't

The combat isn't the best but the story is so good, great characters, you get to visit a few great locations and it uses music from the show. I love the game, even platinumed it.

But yeah I'm surprised no major studio has gotten on a large scale Game of Thrones RPG. Seems like it would be easy money at this point as long as it wasn't a piece of shit

Bethesda was asked to make an open world game set in the GoT universe but turned it down and we got Skyrim instead.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I wonder, does Jorah see Jon as another Daario? I know Jorah didn't respect Daario and Daario was a bad influence on Dany anyway. I'm not sure what Jorah thought of Khal Drogo though.

Jon is a King and he doesn't present himself as someone who enjoys fighting and fucking like Daario. So Jon is probably a massive step up in his eyes.

Rob to Ned: You got fat.
Ned to Rob: ...
Rob to Ned: xD
Ned to Rob: :D

Jon to Gendry: You're a lot leaner.
Gendry to Jon: And you're a lot shorter,
Jon: ...
Gendry: ...
Jon to Gendry: =]
Jon is a King and he doesn't present himself as someone who enjoys fighting and fucking like Daario. So Jon is probably a massive step up in his eyes.
Well they haven't talked yet. Besides what we can make out of facial expressions we don't know fully what Jorah thinks of Jon yet.

Top Bottom