• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Yeah, it was really dumb that Bronn and Jaime came out of the river like at least quarter of a mile away.

My assumption is that they were spending extended periods underwater to remain undetected, so it didn't take me out of it too much.

So she wasnt sure if he was resistant then?

She probably suspected after living with him for so long.

Slaythe

It was clearly indicated throughout the season that she was highly heat resistant

s7tnjCY.gif

RAke4p0.png

Her brother got robbed

Grinchy

Banned
It seems like the white walkers travel in pretty big groups. Is the abduction crew just gonna like hope that one of the walkers strolls off by itself to take an icicle piss in the woods?

_Rob_

It seems like the white walkers travel in pretty big groups. Is the abduction crew just gonna like hope that one of the walkers strolls off by itself to take an icicle piss in the woods?

Well, one on it's own did attack Sam and Gilly at one point, so I imagine they sometimes peel off from the main army (possibly only to steal a baby?).

Well, one on it's own did attack Sam and Gilly at one point, so I imagine they sometimes peel off from the main army (possibly only to steal a baby?).

That was a white walker though, not a Wight.

The smart thing would be just to kill someone (a volunteer?) a few miles beyond the wall, bring the body back, let it turn, then lock it in a large crate and ship it south.

Edit: the whole plan is stupid though. Hopefully next week doesn't turn into an episode of the walking dead. Give me Hardhome: Firesword Edition.

Do dead people really animate on their own just because they die in the north? I assumed that NK or his guys needed to actively raise them.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I swear, if Arya fight/hurt/kill Sansa(or Brienne, maybe their little combat practice last week was a warmup for the real incoming fight) because of Littlefinger's trap...ugh, she's smarter than that.

RulkezX

i dont understand why the maesters dont believe in the nights king but have no problems acknowledging the existence of dragons

The citadel is just poorly done imho. Its the hub of learning in Westeros, there would be Allan kind of nutty professors running round researching weird shit.

I swear, if Arya fight/hurt/kill Sansa(or Brienne, maybe their little combat practice last week was a warmup for the real incoming fight) because of Littlefinger's trap...ugh, she's smarter than that.

Is she ? Her chat with Sansa showed last night showed how niave she is concerning the politics of leading.

I think this is all heading towards LF's downfall at the hands of a Sansa plan. They've spent 7 seasons building her up as a student of the game.

Volimar

There are still people alive that remember the dragon skulls being in the throne room in the Red Keep before Robert moved them to the basement. No one has seen a white walker in thousands of years. It'd be like the difference between trying to convince someone that you saw a dodo versus trying to convince someone that you saw an army of Neanderthals.

i dont understand why the maesters dont believe in the nights king but have no problems acknowledging the existence of dragons

Crispy75

Dragons only died out 300 years ago, and there's hard physical evidence to corroborate the historic accounts (their bones, the ruins of Harrenhal). The WWs haven't been seen in millenia. They're creatures of myth.

Gin-Shiio

The progression of magic in the show never made much sense anyway. We go from no one believing in magic to faceless magic men, flaming swords and an undead Mountain all popping up in the span of a few years. That's not even including Bran or the White Walkers, or murderous shadow babies.

So she wasnt sure if he was resistant then?

If you were fire-resistant would you also be resistant to molten metal though?
I mean there are things that could withstand flames but would be decimated by liquid hot metal being poured over them.

The reunions are happening so thick and fast that if Gendry and Jon make it back to Winterfell we'll just see Arya high fiving them before they cut to the next scene.

Nameless

The progression of magic in the show never made much sense anyway. We go from no one believing in magic to faceless magic men, flaming swords and an undead Mountain all popping up in the span of a few years. That's not even including Bran or the White Walkers, or murderous shadow babies.

Season 1 opens with White Walkers and closes with dragons. Season 2 introduced warlocks, faceless men, plus a fire god and his mystical acolytes.

Do dead people really animate on their own just because they die in the north? I assumed that NK or his guys needed to actively raise them.

Wasn't the guy who attacked mormont in season 1 in Castle Black just lying in a ditch next to the tree Jon and Sam swore their oaths at north of the Wall? And then reanimated hours later south of the wall? I suppose it's never been fully delved into.

Zutroy

Is it possible Arya know's what Littlefinger is up to because she intercepted the first letter he gives to the young woman, and that she's just playing with him?

If you were fire-resistant would you also be resistant to molten metal though?
I mean there are things that could withstand flames but would be decimated by liquid hot metal being poured over them.

The reunions are happening so thick and fast that if Gendry and Jon make it back to Winterfell we'll just see Arya high fiving them before they cut to the next scene.

Molten gold is hotter than your average flame. Although the show already established that Dant isn't hurt by hot water, so with the same powers Viserys could maybe have dealt with the gols. It kind of makes sense to be heat resistant rather than flame resistant.

She still sweats, so being in molten metal would get uncomfortable pretty quickly.

Window

I'd like Arya to be fallible to be honest. Her being the best at everything after her 'training', especially compared to someone who's spent his entire life engaging in deception is a bit much tbh (wasn't a fan of her drawing against Brienne either).

_Rob_

That was a white walker though, not a Wight.

The smart thing would be just to kill someone (a volunteer?) a few miles beyond the wall, bring the body back, let it turn, then lock it in a large crate and ship it south.

Edit: the whole plan is stupid though. Hopefully next week doesn't turn into an episode of the walking dead. Give me Hardhome: Firesword Edition.

Ah, you're right. Although in this case I don't suppose the distinction matters; either would suffice as proof, no?

Sendero

Was The Mountain really revived? I thought he was dying from the poison, and Qyburn just enhanced his body, making him insanely stronger in the process. But that he never truly died.

On the other hand, he seems fully obedient and almost devoid of his original personality, so I guess it's possible.

Anyone know how Beric Dondarrion's flaming sword works? Magic?

I'm not sure its explained in the show, first time we see him activate fire sword he seems to run his hand along the blade, so maybe his blood?

Although in the previews for S7 it just seems to ignite on its own so.... gas?

(Probably magic)

Ah, you're right. Although in this case I don't suppose the distinction matters; either would suffice as proof, no?

I suppose not. But every time they're killed a White Walker it has just exploded into....well ice and water vapor, which wouldn't be useful evidence. Perhaps there's a way to stop that from happening?

trembli0s

The citadel is just poorly done imho. Its the hub of learning in Westeros, there would be Allan kind of nutty professors running round researching weird shit.

Is she ? Her chat with Sansa showed lady night showed how niave she is concerning the politics of leading.

I think this is all heading towards LF's downfall at the hands of a Sansa plan. They've spent 7 seasons building her up as a student of the game.

Yeah, this has to be the case. The only other person at Winterfell who would know about the letter is Sansa. Well, Bran could as well but he gives zero shits basically.

On that note I am somewhat disappointed we haven't seen anything out of Bran other than his social dislocation. He could be sending dreams to everyone by this point but he seems happy to just be morose and take small actions.

It was clearly indicated throughout the season that she was highly heat resistant

s7tnjCY.gif

But Ice can! I fear for Sunday's episode, someone will die, Baeric and Man bun Priest seem like easy choices to die, the most expendable
It would be unfair to kill Gendry and Jorah after they've just come back, but this is GOT

I'd put good money on Benjen coming back sunday too and saving them as all hope seems lost.

It would be interesting if they can't capture a wright, but a mortally wounded member becomes one? say the Hound and then we have Zombie Hound vs Zombie Mountain?

Dragons have been around in relatively recent times and their skeletons are beneath King's Landing. If I'm not mistaken, the Night King hasn't marched on Westeros in thousands of years, so you can see why one would be believable and the other feel more like a myth.

Daedardus

My assumption is that they were spending extended periods underwater to remain undetected, so it didn't take me out of it too much.

I don't know about you, but most people can't breath underwater. And giving that they were wearing heavy armour and cottons, and sank 10 meters deep, I seriously don't know how they could ever survive that. You have like 1 minute max to get out of the water to get some air when you're in an emergency situation.

Top Bottom