• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So what happened to Ghost? It's weird how Jon has suddenly abandoned him.

297D6U8.gif

So what happened to Ghost? It's weird how Jon has suddenly abandoned him.

Sansa namedropped him in this episode. something like, "Did Jon really think all the Northern lords would just sit around and wait for him to come back like Ghost?"

also, is Jon still wearing the same fur cloak Sansa made for him? After rewatching that Youtube video of him meeting Drogon it looks like the straps are missing the Stark sigils.

Lulubop

So I only watched the whole thing like last week, so I might have missed something but what the hell happened to Ilyn Payne? Even Arya stopped saying his name I noticed.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It was the affidavit Sansa wrote testifying that Ned rebelled against Joffrey and was killed justly.

This was years back during S1 or S2 maybe.

Why would Petyr put Sansa in danger

Also I wonder if Petyr knows about the faceless men? And could already tell that Arya was stalking him?

I'm really not liking that after seeing Arya grow over the years, with so little episodes left, her storyline is basically climaxing with crappy Littlefinger scheming.

She shouldn't have turned around to head north.

I suppose there's still time for Cersei to betray their alliance and murder Jon and then Arya will teleport into KL for the next scene to kill Cersei.

I don't think you gain your fire resistance until later in your life. The first time dany was burned, she wasn't expecting to come out alive.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I don't understand why they don't recast him, he was apart of Arya's list!

Yeah, I don't like that they just dropped that plotline.
I don't think you gain your fire resistance until later in your life. The first time dany was burned, she wasn't expecting to come out alive.

She always knew she couldn't get burned, though. The first time we see her she walked into that scalding water and doesn't even flinch since she knows it won't hurt and then she grabs the dragon eggs from a fire and doesn't burn her hands but her servants get really nasty burns.

RedAssedApe

Banned
jon will probably be in the thick of things and the dragons just toast everyone including him and that's when he'll find out :p

I think Jon is living on borrowed time. He was brought back into the world by the fire god for a reason. Once his job is finished so is he I think.

Vectorman

Banned
Man wouldn't it be something if Jon, Dany, Jamie, and Cersei all end up dead and somehow Gendry takes the throne and the show comes full circle with a Baratheon ruling Westoros. Maybe they just end the kingdoms and the entirety of Westoros becomes a united republic.

RulkezX

The thing that gets me about this though is that if you watch interviews they say all they do is film the pup and increase it's size post production by 50%.

This cannot cost a lot of money so I can't believe that it's for budget reasons.

Flying the cast and crew to Canada to film the Ghost scenes went be cheap.

Kadayi

Banned
Yeah, I don't like that they just dropped that plotline.

Firstly the actor dropped out due to the cancer issue. Which thankfully he survived. However, by then they'd re-orientated Bronn into his role effectively as a sparring partner/sidekick to Jaime. Secondly Payne was a mute in both the book and the show, so it wasn't a bad move given as far as sounding boards go, it would have been all grunts and looks versus fucks and cunts and exposition from Bronn.

DoomGyver

What was written on the scroll Arya found? I didn't quite catch it

yD2VVnymTpK3RLy7RsZX_Dick%20Butt%20Breaking%20Bad.gif

So we're supposed to believe that Bronn and a cripple held their breath until the battle was over, the fire was smoldered, and everyone had been round up to bend the knee?
seh6p.gif

Good episode overall though, Gendry and seal team 7 saved the episode.

I don't like all the scheming and hidden shadow staring going on in Winterfell, it's making me nervous! >_< Something gonna happen.

I loved the scene with Jon and the dragon, just last week I mentioned hoping for one like that!

I think Cersei feels like she was losing 'control' over Jaime and is either lying about preggers to get him back on her 'we win everything or nothing' mentality side or she's already decided to screw him over for still having love for Tyrion and is just doing some scheming.

I can see her getting him to do some drastic shit for 'our new family' and then betray him and like tell everyone it's Euron's baby or something. Would completely crush him.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Man, this was the most 'wink wink, nudge nudge' episode in a long while but I liked it :). Also took a while to sink in the whole dynamic of Jon and Gendry meeting up and talking about their respective fathers, then realizing it was actually Gendry's old man smashing in Jon's at the Trident.. Baratheon/Storm offspring sure like their hammers.

PatjuhR

Okay, the hunting party is pretty awesome, but...

Isn't there an easier way to do this? If I recall correctly there was a dead member of the Knight's Watch in S1 or S2 that came back alive and tried to attack Commander Mormont.

It may be a bit more cruel, but couldn't they just finish off one of their men and cage it up when it comes alive?

Also I wonder if Petyr knows about the faceless men? And could already tell that Arya was stalking him?

I think the ideal resolution for me is that Petyr plays himself straight into a trap because Arya knew he was trying to play her and was just giving him enough rope to hang himself, and when he has his big Scooby Doo moment where he demands to know how she unraveled his brilliant Xanatos Gambit, Arya just replies:

"Sansa told me. She said you're a lousy cunt and this is exactly the sort of inane bullshit you'd try to do, and that's why no one likes you."

And then there's an 80's big sis hi-five freeze frame, roll credits.

Okay, the hunting party is pretty awesome, but...

Isn't there an easier way to do this? If I recall correctly there was a dead member of the Knight's Watch in S1 or S2 that came back alive and tried to attack Commander Mormont.

It may be a bit more cruel, but couldn't they just finish off one of their men and cage it up when it comes alive?
That depends, are we sure that would actually make a Wight? Does he not need to be killed by a White Walker/Raised by the Night's King?

Found it:
Samwell Tarly said:
"They were touched by White Walkers. That's why they came back. That's why their eyes turned blue. Only fire will stop them."

Volimar

I'd say that Gendry Longbottomed, but Arya was all about that boy even back in the day. Hope he lives long enough for them to see each other again.

Timbuktu

Littlefinger is just buying time by sowing mistrust between the Stark siblings, mainly because he can't figure out Bran.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I'm scared about Sunday. I really really don't want either of those characters to die and I don't see how at least one doesn't die if not multiple.

Gonna be some waterworks on Sunday. I'm bracing myself so I'm mentally prepared for it Sunday lol. I absolutely love Jon, The Hound, Jorah, Tormund, Gendry, and like Beric and Thoros a little too.

If they fall, I hope it's memorable and they don't go out like chumps.

RulkezX

I'm scared about Sunday. I really really don't want either of those characters to die and I don't see how at least one doesn't die if not multiple.

Gonna be some waterworks on Sunday. I'm bracing myself so I'm mentally prepared for it Sunday lol. I absolutely love Jon, The Hound, Jorah, Tormund, Gendry, and like Beric and Thoros a little too.

If they fall, I hope it's memorable and they don't go out like chumps.

Given how this season has went and the direction the show is taking......

RIP Beric/Thoros

The show is too afraid to kill off main characters now , who was the last really popular character tho get a shock death ?

Top Bottom