• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Does anyone else feel like Gendre got ugly? Like, before he was kinda handsome, now he looks weird and ugly (TV show ugly, not real life ugly). It was so jarring I asked my wife if they recast him, but she said they had not.

From this:
latest

To this:
game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-5-gendry.png

His old haircut was sexier, but that's about it.

zoukka

Didn't kill Jon and Pals? He sent an entire horde after them, killed Thoros, almost killed Thormund, would have killed Jon if it wasn't for Jon's Valyrian blade when the general went after him, Jon almost drowned and then got attacked while he was out, and threw a spear at one of the Dragons with all of his friends on it.

Yet he could've just impaled Jon and the gang while they were stuck on a small cliff for days.

NK didn't really try.

They didn't let Jon live. They tried to kill him. Is everyone forgetting him getting tackled and breaking the ice?

getting pushed into ice vs the massive swarm of wrights? idk, when he got out of the ice it was just the tail end of the swarm and enough time for benjen to save him. perhaps the delay of time was necessary for benjen to arrive in time and save jon? or maybe this is all the lord of the lights doing?

nothing will ever make sense until its revealed and i love it! i love GoT

Why do the Night King need to break the wall? Viserion can easily transport 300+- wights for his new boss over the wall every day. Assuming 10-person occupancy.

I found it weird when Gendry introduced himself as a Baratheon. I wonder how this will turn out after all.

I don't think it will have any negative impact for anyone.

He'll want some fair share of what should be his, and he'll get it. I doubt he would ever even consider going for the crown or anything like that. Dude probably just wants to live out his days without having to break his back as a blacksmith.

Either that or he dies in Arya's arms.

Volimar

I don't think it will have any negative impact for anyone.

He'll want some fair share of what should be his, and he'll get it. I doubt he would ever even consider going for the crown or anything like that. Dude probably just wants to live out his days without having to break his back as a blacksmith.

Either that or he dies in Arya's arms.

I think he likes smithing, just not for the Lannisters.

Timbuktu

His old haircut was sexier, but that's about it.

I remember Gendry being stoic and didn't say much. Seems like he's changed in the years or had a personality transplant. As the Hound said, he's always 'whinging', just in case people forgot where they last saw him. That probably made him less 'attractive' so to speak.

Harmen

Whoa, watching that again made me think that the Night King never wanted to kill Jon because he knows his role in the future. That white walker could have just stabbed him in the back when he bent over to grab the dragonglass! but plenty of moments the WW just used other means to beat him around. As if the night king is controlling all of the other white walkers as how bran would worg into other things in the world. #mindblown

I don't buy it, the WW seems pretty intent on slaying him and surprised when he is blocked by Valerian steel.

I think the scene is just like many combat scenes in film and tv in general, where the villain is chilling while the hero is crawling around in despair until finding the means to defeat said villain.

Timbuktu

I don't buy it, the WW seems pretty intent on slaying him and surprised when he is blocked by Valerian steel.

I think the scene is just like many combat scenes in film and tv in general, where the villain is chilling while the hero is crawling around in despair until finding the means to defeat said villain.

At least this villain won't/can't monologue while doing that.

Does anyone else feel like Gendre got ugly? Like, before he was kinda handsome, now he looks weird and ugly (TV show ugly, not real life ugly). It was so jarring I asked my wife if they recast him, but she said they had not.

From this:
latest

To this:

Yeah his old look was better. He got skinnier. They shouldn't have had him buzz his hair or shave his goatee.

Volimar

I always wonder about bearded shaggy haired smiths. Doesn't it make more sense to have less hair that can catch fire from errant sparks? Also, forges are fooking hot.

He was in hiding, so how was he supposed to keep the exact same look?
He was in hiding from Stannis, not the gold cloaks. Davos even asks him if they know what he looks like and he said no. So he went right back to King's Landing, right back to where he was and where he worked, no need for a makeover

He was in hiding from Stannis, not the gold cloaks. Davos even asks him if they know what he looks like and he said no. So he went right back to King's Landing, right back to where he was and where he worked, no need for a makeover

There was no makeover, he has a haircut. He looks the same, lmao.

Pagusas

Elden Member

Ugly shaved head, lost the nice shadowy facial hair, his eyes seemed to have popped out and are more bug eyes now, he looks alot skinnier now, and overall his movements and such are janky, like he had a stroke between seasons.

Seriously his eyes really bother me now. They look like "I've seen some shit and do meth" now.

So first, the argument is that he got a makeover because he was in hiding, and now the argument is he had no makeover

We wouldn't be having this conversation if he looked the same. His hair is shorter, his goatee is much lighter, and he's skinnier. He looked better before.

-griffy-

Banned
So first, the argument is that he got a makeover because he was in hiding, and now the argument is he had no makeover

We wouldn't be having this conversation if he looked the same. His hair is shorter, his goatee is much lighter, and he's skinnier. He looked better before.

He's also a human who has aged 4 years.

Volimar

Dear God we need Sunday to get here fast. The bickering is reaching peak ridiculousness.

Anyone else really want to see a quality Jaime/Dany interaction? I feel like we were robbed of one when he escaped with Bron.

-griffy-

Banned
Anyone else really want to see a quality Jaime/Dany interaction? I feel like we were robbed of one when he escaped with Bron.

This meeting is gonna be so fucking weird and wild. Presumably damn near every major character left (minus Sansa, Arya, Bran and Littlefinger) is gonna be in one location.

From this:
latest

To this:

i think you have a "bad eye for faces".

From this:
latest

To this:
He looks like Christian Bale to me now.

You're acting like they actively gave him some weird new look. He's the same guy, aged 4 years, who has shorter hair. That's it.
I'm not acting like anything dude. I just wish they would've kept his looks the same as when they introduced him, that's all. Minor complaint but it's still a complaint I got nonetheless

OrionX

Wow poor Gendry. I think it's mainly just the hair, not really a fan of the buzz cut. I'd still help him polish his hammer anytime though.

They just made him look more rugged and worn, which is like the most generic thing you can do to a character to show physical growth and hardship.

There's no way he should look the same. He isn't one of the main characters, but he's seen some shit.

From this:
latest

To this:

He accepted that he's a Baratheon, and that it's his duty to dissolve into an unattractive lump the moment he hits 30. He's just getting a head start.

Top Bottom