• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Volimar

So do you think there are still caches of wildfire under the city or did they round them all up for that hallway to and under the sept?

So do you think there are still caches of wildfire under the city or did they round them all up for that hallway to and under the sept?

I think between that and what Tyrion used at the Battle of the Blackwater you're probably looking at about enough to have roasted the entire city, which is apparently what Aerys's rainy-day wildfire fund was for.

I'm sure there's some left, but probably not enough to burn King's Landing down.

CGwizz

DIBkg2bXsAEFX06.jpg

Rixxan

After listening to 'Truth' 1000 times I'm convinced
it's a song of ice and fire as much as there ever will be one

Fucking lovely

-griffy-

Banned
Just bought the season 7 soundtrack, being very careful not to listen to anything from the finale. Man I love how Ramin has evolved Dany's theme and added these layers to it that make it such a stirring piece of music now.

Going from this and this to this and this and this. Good shit.

He was really under-appreciated early in the series, but I'm glad he's getting his due now.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
For people wondering about the spear through, it's been implied that white walkers are way above human strength and that the only thing capable of stopping them is the magic of Valyrian steel over human strength.
Hw10wo9.gif

So damn right I believe those things are more effective than a human made ballista.

Volimar

Just getting real nervous that so many good characters are gonna be in one place on opposite sides in a finale episode.

This'd be a great time to bring back Ilyn Payne. Just to have Pod go say hi or even have him in the background.

Time is a flat circle.

On Gendry, I seriously don't see a difference in looks, he's just a bit older, has a different haircut and less facial hair.

So first, the argument is that he got a makeover because he was in hiding, and now the argument is he had no makeover

We wouldn't be having this conversation if he looked the same. His hair is shorter, his goatee is much lighter, and he's skinnier. He looked better before.

Wasn't my argument to start with, he just doesn't look that different.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just getting real nervous that so many good characters are gonna be in one place on opposite sides in a finale episode.

Yeah, watching the promo got me hyped on that episode. Only a few days left!

I'd say, the lack of leak this time is almost refreshing. Kinda stupid when you think about it. At least I can browse YouTube without worrying too much.

Doomsayer

I mean, it's a season finale, someone's gotta bite the big one.

I'm thinking
Yara
at an absolute minimum, and probably more.

I'm going to ahead and guess
The three main Ironborn characters are going to bite it. Yara, Theon, and Euron are all going to die. It also wouldn't surprise me to see someone like Littlefinger as well.

I'm INSANELY hyped for this Sunday.

CGwizz

RRmartin is pissed at the show for killing 20 characters that are alive in the books and you guys want them to kill more on finale xD

RRmartin is pissed at the show for killing 20 characters that are alive in the books and you guys want them to kill more on finale xD

Even normal dramas tend to kill off a character or two in the season finale of their penultimate season, the only reason I could possibly imagine Game of Thrones not offing a few would be the pure novelty of it.

Sephzilla

If we are making guesses on character deaths for Sunday here are mine;

Euron
Theon
Yara
Littlefinger

and the biggest one will be

Tyrion

For people wondering about the spear through, it's been implied that white walkers are way above human strength and that the only thing capable of stopping them is the magic of Valyrian steel over human strength.
Hw10wo9.gif

So damn right I believe those things are more effective than a human made ballista.

Yes, they are far stronger, maybe not as strong as Giants, but definately Gregory Clegane level if not stronger.

That's why the Night King's spear shot travelled so far with such force to kill Viserion.

Hydrus

If we are making guesses on character deaths for Sunday here are mine;

Euron
Theon
Yara
Littlefinger

and the biggest one will be

Tyrion

I wish those first four would die Sunday, but they wont and
Euron
is gonna end up being the final boss of thrones. I already know this shits gonna happen. Why bring him in this late into the series with all the plot armor he's had, just to see him die in a few episodes by freaking Theon?

Why bring him in this late into the series with all the plot armor he's had, just to see him die in a few episodes by freaking Theon?

I mean, the obvious answer is "because he's in the books".

I will say that as soon as I saw the casting for him I had no real expectations of him making it in the long haul, though. That's a mug you want to to eat a blade.

Ingeniero

Ok my death prediction for the finale:

-Yara.
-Greyworm.
-Littlefinger.
-Sansa.
-Another dragon (Qyburn machinery has to have an impact).
-The Mountain.

Sephzilla

Euron
is gonna end up being the final boss of thrones. I already know this shits gonna happen. Why bring him in this late into the series with all the plot armor he's had, just to see him die in a few episodes by freaking Theon?

Euron is almost entirely there to be an avenue for Theon's redemption. Theon wants to die and he's probably going to take Euron with him.

The Mountain is probably going to be the true final boss of Game of Thrones, because he's the Garl Vinland to Cersei's Maiden Astraea

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Death prediction:

Littlefinger is definitely dead, his scheming and backstabbing nature has no room in the wars to come and he has had his compens since season 1. What better way for him to go than by Starks and one being the Cat replacement?

Theon and Yara, both of their stories have been through a lot but I don't see where else they can go. Either they both die or it's just Theon who redeems himself as Theon and not Reek while trying to save Yara. Otherwise, though, boats aren't important so there's not much for them to do with the war against the Night King.

Euron will die, he is one of the "villains" of the show and is completely boat centrist, he's useless to the story and him dying will he satisfying for the audience. Theon probably kills him and dies doing so.

In terms of major characters, I think there's a toss up with Cersei. Pre-preggos, I would have said that she's too cray cray to ever try to hold an alliance for Dany but Cersei's ruthlessness comes from the death of her children, maybe a part of her will see that's truly at stake here now that she has her future kid to think about. Pre-prego she was definitely dead, and Jaime was the cleary candidate to kill her but now it's a bit iffy that she's pregnant.

I'm sure we will have other deaths, even some of major characters, but I can't really imagine the scenario where it happens or why D&D would off them.

Hw10wo9.gif

See guys, plot holes are nothing new for season 7!

Jon should've died right here, White Walker literally has the sharp end pointed at him and then decides to use the blunt end.

- dragon #2
- euron
- mountain
- hound
- littlefinger
- cersei or danny.. im go with cersei by jaime

Let the bodies hit the floor. Having that many characters meet in one place spells for a likely disaster.

Euron is almost entirely there to be an avenue for Theon's redemption. Theon wants to die and he's probably going to take Euron with him.

It felt to me like he was brought on just to give Dany some L's and Cersei a fighting chance.

I also think Theon wants to die, but he's too scared to die. Poor dude is trapped in his messed up mind.

Can Tyrion safely step foot back into King's Landing after beging sentenced to death for regicide, and then killing the hand of the King before escaping his fate? I do see him dying in Sunday's episode.

Cersei goes mad and has Tyrion killed, Jamie kills Cersei, the Hound kills the Mountain, the Yara and Theon killed by Euron, Euron killed by Jamie. Daenerys walks past Jamie and assumes the throne. Everyone watches.

It's the craziest events my mind can muster, I think the season might just end on a cliffhanger, but it would be nice to have the Iron Throne settled so that the White Walkers are the primary focus for S8.

The Hound can't die, he's destined to wield that flaming sword.

Sephzilla

It's already been established that Cersei knows Tyrion is innocent of killing Joffrey and she didn't give a fuck. Plus Dany has been needing his council less and less. Tyrion's a goner.

Doomsayer

Euron

I also think Euron was another avenue for them to rid themselves of the Dorne plot. They figure they can use him as a redemption for Theon and tie up loose ends with an area/group of characters they wrote themselves into a wall with.

I will lose my fucking mind if they kill Tyrion.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
It's already been established that Cersei knows Tyrion is innocent of killing Joffrey and she didn't give a fuck. Plus Dany has been needing his council less and less. Tyrion's a goner.

And they know for a fact he killed Tywin.

I don't think he dies, though, unless D&D want to fake us out with this possible alliance and it actually just turns into a bloodbath where Dany kills Cersei and takes over King's Landing. I could see Tyrion's death leading to that, too.

HvySky

The Mountain is probably going to be the true final boss of Game of Thrones, because he's the Garl Vinland to Cersei's Maiden Astraea

Astraea was a rather caring and humble figure, though, and ultimately had good intentions. She didn't deserve what happened to her, unlike Cersei, who most certainly does.

Can a dragon please eat her already? Please?

Sephzilla

And they know for a fact he killed Tywin.

I think at the very least Cersei is going to have some kind of plan to kill Tyrion.

I don't think he dies, though, unless D&D want to fake us out with this possible alliance and it actually just turns into a bloodbath where Dany kills Cersei and takes over King's Landing. I could see Tyrion's death leading to that, too.

Sounds kind of like a reverse Red Wedding. I dig it, actually. Don't have to strike a deal with Cersei if Cersei is dead and you just took over.

DCIPAYgWAAAvTS8.jpg

That would actually be a really good fake out. Have Cersei trying to set up her own devious plan to weaken Dany and Jon all episode and then surprise Dany and Jon had a devious plan the entire time.

silva1991

Does anyone else feel like Gendre got ugly? Like, before he was kinda handsome, now he looks weird and ugly (TV show ugly, not real life ugly). It was so jarring I asked my wife if they recast him, but she said they had not.

From this:
latest

To this:
game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-5-gendry.png

Ugly? have you actually seen ugly people? and no, he is just older with different haircut that made him slightly different

Top Bottom