• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Plum

It's crazy that Sunday's episode is going to be the last season (instead of series) finale we'll be getting for GoT. Really hoping some crazy unexpected shit happens. I'd be highly disappointed if it's like last episode and all we get are two minor character deaths.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What if Bran warged into Rhaegar to seduce and run away with Lyanna to father Jon himself

Smiley90

If Bran wargs into Jaime and has sex with Cersei is it incest still y/n

What if Bran wargs into Jaime to push himself off the ledge, sending himself on the path to become the 3-eyed raven in the first place

What if Bran wargs into Jaime to push himself off the ledge, sending himself on the path to become the 3-eyed raven in the first place

"I'll be like Professor X, and you can be like Magneto, it'll be super cool!" Bran told the Night King. Little was Bran to know, the Night King was really into Apocalypse.

nubbe

please stop, make it stop

giphy.gif

Smiley90

What if Bran is actually the waif is actually Arya is actually Jaquen is actually the Night King

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Oh shit Melly Sanders told Varys that he would die in Westeros. Her prophecies usually have something to do with fire. Cersei is gonna burn poor Varys!

That comment by Mel got this reaction from me, while everyone else was freaking out.

billbored.gif

You're going to die on the continent you spent most of your life living on? That's so pedestrian as far as prophecies and visions go.

That comment by Mel got this reaction from me, while everyone else was framing out.

billbored.gif

You're going to die on the continent you spent most of your life living on? That's so pedestrian as far as prophecies and visions go.

It doesn't help that Mel is the bint that followed Stannis around for years telling everyone he was the Prince Who Was Promised.

The Hound is a more reliable prophet. Those chickens got fucking wrecked.

Nameless

That comment by Mel got this reaction from me, while everyone else was framing out.

billbored.gif

Ahh, and we were doing so well...

Me8OcIj.gif

Obviously I kid but, seriously, Mel has probably had a bigger impact on the story and world than any other character:

-Killed Renly, giving Stannis back his army. 1/5 Kings in the War of the Five Kings down.
-"The Usurper Robb Stark." 2/5 Kings in the War of the Five Kings down.
-"The Usurper Joffrey Baratheon." 3/5 Kings in the War of the Five Kings down.
-"The Usurper Balon Greyjoy." 4/5 Kings in the War of the Five Kings down.
-Influenced Stannis to go North(and bring Shireen) instead of King Landing which saved The Wall but led to his downfall. 5/5 Kings in the War of the Five Kings down.
-Set Mance on fire prompting Jon's mercy arrow. King Beyond the Wall down.
-Told Gendry who his kingly father was.
-Told Arya of her murderous future.
-Resurrected The One True King and true heir to the Targaryen dynasty.
-Brought Ice & Fire together which probably saved the world.

You can bet your ass when she returns to that strange country to die it will have profound ramifications.

The Hound is a more reliable prophet. Those chickens got fucking wrecked.

I think You're more on the nose than you think. Hound has seen the Lord of light's work. He totally believes in it now. With Thoros dead, i think the Hound will take up the mantle of Red priest once the fighting is done.

Heshinsi

Ahh, and we were doing so well...

Me8OcIj.gif

Obviously I kid but, seriously, Mel has probably had a bigger impact on the story and world than any other character:

-Killed Renly, giving Stannis back his army. 1/5 Kings in the War of the Five Kings down.
-"The Usurper Robb Stark." 2/5 Kings in the War of the Five Kings down.
-"The Usurper Joffrey Baratheon." 3/5 Kings in the War of the Five Kings down.
-"The Usurper Balon Greyjoy." 4/5 Kings in the War of the Five Kings down.
-Influenced Stannis to go North(and bring Shireen) instead of King Landing which saved The Wall but led to his downfall. 5/5 Kings in the War of the Five Kings down.
-Set Mance on fire prompting Jon's mercy arrow. King Beyond the Wall down.
-Told Gendry who his kingly father was.
-Told Arya of her murderous future.
-Resurrected The One True King and true heir to the Targaryen dynasty.
-Brought Ice & Fire together which probably saved the world.

You can bet your ass when she returns to that strange country to die it will have profound ramifications.

I don't know why people keep saying that like it means anything lol. Visarys wasn't a prince, he was styled a King, and with Jon in the Watch and Visarys dead, Dany rightfully became Queen Daenarys not crown princess Daenarys. So sure, Jon is the legitimate heir (thanks to a technicality), but he's the heir to the already established Queen.

On top of that, the Targaryens lost the right to throne by way of succession anyways. The only way Dany or Jon can get Cersei's ass off of the throne is by way of conquest. I hope he tries making that claim, just to see Cersei laugh in his face. "Come and get it Snow King! What's that? You only have your puny Northern army and the Vale supporting you, and you can't march them south to fight me? Well then I think you need to shut the fuck up right?!" It would actually make me like Cersei a bit. Just a giant fuck you to all these fans who think being Rhaegar's legitimate son is suddenly going to make him special.

But I do agree with the rest of your points. Mel like Cersie have been people of action. I was just pointing out that telling Varys he's bound to die where he lives, is neighbourhood psychic lady levels of foresight.

"I see death in your future, and it is going to happen somewhere in this vast continent you call home."

I could have told Varys that lol.

I mean, I don't know why fans get hung up on "the true king" anyway.

I get why it matters in-setting, but as a viewer you are (or should be) entirely aware that the Targaryens were just a bunch of fucking assholes who murdered everyone and took their shit because they had big lizards.

Then other assholes murdered them and took their shit.

Then a right proper bitch murdered them and continued having their shit.

Having a preference for one of these assholes over the other based on their birth name is honestly kind of weird, you aren't a 13th century serf.

Vic_Viper

Kinda off topic, but are there any good pc games similar to GoT? Something where you build your empire and then fight other empires like the Total War series. Would like some sort of resource management along with battles if possible. Don't play many strategy games.

Maybe Bran will warg into Littlefinger and we'll find out where he got that name

I was also thinking.....if the Lord of Light is the Night King is he going to turn Dany and John to fight for him? Will Cersei have to save the 7 Kingdoms lol

Ferrio

Banned
Kinda off topic, but are there any good pc games similar to GoT? Something where you build your empire and then fight other empires like the Total War series. Would like some sort of resource management along with battles if possible. Don't play many strategy games.

Crusader Kings II? Seems it even has GoT mod, but some shitty DLC practices.

Heshinsi

Well at least I think one of the contenders has put together an A-List line up to actually wrestle the throne from Cersei. People jumping up and down like, "he's the right heir to the throne" puzzle me. I don't see a Baratheon father listed on that birth certificate and marriage license, so how is he the heir to the throne? Plus buddy doesn't even have the means to take the throne even if he wanted it.

It's hilarious to me that people think Cersei gives a rat's ass that Jon is the legitimate son to the dude whose family got the boot. "Oh you're Raggar's son? Well why didn't you say that? Come sit on the throne your family built." The lady took the throne by killing the previous Queen, and helping the previous king commit suicide. She isn't about to bend the knee because Jon Snow is really Jon Targaryen. She is defiant to the Targaryen with dragons, she isn't in the least concerned with the one with a rag tag army and a brooding demeanour.

Pretty much. Even if they had a protracted legal custody battle over the Seven Kingdoms and Daenerys lost, she would presumably just remember, "Oh right, I'm a Targaryen. The entire reason we were in charge to begin with was because my ancestor rumbled in from Essos with a dragon entourage and ganked that shit. Yoink!"

I doubt there are many chivalrous knights who actually care about the rites and lineages left in Westeros, at this point in the story. Brienne, I suppose? That's probably about it.

Heshinsi

Pretty much. Even if they had a protracted legal custody battle over the Seven Kingdoms and Daenerys lost, she would presumably just remember, "Oh right, I'm a Targaryen. The entire reason we were in charge to begin with was because my ancestor rumbled in from Essos with a dragon entourage and ganked that shit. Yoink!"

I doubt there are many chivalrous knights who actually care about the rites and lineages left in Westeros, at this point in the story. Brienne, I suppose? That's probably about it.

Even in our own history, once your family gets the boot, those of you left in exile still styling yourselves the King/Queen in exile, it doesn't matter unless you can come back and take your shit by force. Does Jon have the means to take back the Iron Throne by force? Nope. So I guess that's a moot point.

On top of that, the only major houses that were loyal to the Targaryens were the Tyrells and the Martells. Both of which have been destroyed. So he doesn't even have previous crown loyalists to butter up for a move on the throne. Also, he's going to have a bigger problem close to home if he's true identity is revealed. Forget the Iron Throne, can King Snow keep his home in order if who his father is becomes known?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Does anyone know if the Night King can make White Walkers(not wights) out of corpses? Has it been confirmed anywhere if he can only make wights out of them or WW's too?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Does anyone know if the Night King can make White Walkers(not wights) out of corpses? Has it been confirmed anywhere if he can only make wights out of them or WW's too?

I don't think so or he would've done that to all the Wildlings at Hardhome. Seems like they have to be living people.

Heshinsi

I thought the White Walkers were living (the Night King, the babies) and the zombies were reanimated dead corpses. What I want to know is who are the class of White Walkers that are made to run around beyond the wall like the ice version of Tarzan? Those guys do their business in loin clothes while Night King and his squad have tailored matching armour.

Also, he's going to have a bigger problem close to home if he's true identity is revealed. Forget the Iron Throne, can King Snow keep his home in order if who his father is becomes known?

I assume the Northern lords would immediately rebel against him.

I think that's basically always a safe assumption, under all circumstances.

Heshinsi

I assume the Northern lords would immediately rebel against him.

I think that's basically always a safe assumption, under all circumstances.

*The Northern Lords are informed that Jon Snow is really Jon Targaryen*

Lord Glover:

giphy.gif

"There was a reason I never was 100% in with this guy!"

Lord Royce:

giphy.gif

"A Targaryen can never be trusted!"

Lady Mormont:

tumblr_o92mnhVvIx1s2wio8o1_500.gif

"I'm going to have to take back my vote. I only bend knees to Starks."

Heshinsi

Homies first bruh

That's it, that's our way in. Appeal to the White Walker working class. Some one is making those armours and weapons, is also being tasked with collecting babies, and doing all sorts of other menial work. Night King and his buddies dress sharp, look fed, while Tom and his mates look like they just stepped out of a bread line, and have been working on less than minimum wage. The tyranny of the Romanovs White Walker elites has to be ended.

The way royal succession typically works Dany would be behind Jon. The same way Harry is like 5th of something now rather than 3rd.

But Dany is already queen by lawful means through the Targ chain of succession. Her brother dying and Jon joinig the watch, allowed her to become the lawful Targaryen Queen, and she ruled as queen in Mereen before Jon's death and resurrection. I've never heard of a sitting queen who's ascension was lawful, losing her crown due to a technicality like Jon's.

Harry's situation is different due to the fact that he's never in a position where he rightfully has no one else ahead of him including the sitting monarch of his line.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
What I want to know is who are the class of White Walkers that are made to run around beyond the wall like the ice version of Tarzan? Those guys do their business in loin clothes while Night King and his squad have tailored matching armour.

Its hot in the South.

Top Bottom