• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Taker666

Maybe Cersei won't cooperate before Tryion is put on trial for the murder of Tywin. Trial by combat!!

Possible..although if her aim is to keep the crown...

.. then Cersei would be smart to say to Dany "there's no reason for thousands of innocent men to die to decide who is Queen, lets just pit my champion against yours" (echoes of what Jon tried with Ramsay).
Cersei would believe The Mountain would be guaranteed the victory (while she'd face almost certain defeat otherwise)...and if Dany refuses, she's painted as the bloodthirsty warmonger who will stop at nothing for power, while Cersei looks like the peacemaker.

Either the crown itself or a trial for the life of Tyrion, could be possible catalysts for Cleganebowl.

Of course it may not happen at all.

Either way I'm fairly certain The Hound will survive until series 8..

..if only because Beric said "we'll meet again Clegane". They don't tend to put lines like that in the script unless they already know they'll meet again.

Volimar

POnyquq.jpg

Night King?

That's Gendry.

I had no problems with this last episode but I'm. It feeling the finale.

I hope I'm wrong but I get the feeling that everyone is gonna live and they'll cash in for the next season with deaths. Maybe the conflicts in winterfell will wrap up, but I just don't see anything else epic in this one. It feels like it will all be setup for next season.

Hope I'm wrong though and there's something mindblowing that happens.

nubbe

Shit if I was in grieving
for a loved one I just lost, I don't care whose meeting I'm supposed to attend, I'm not going because I'm in mourning.

It breaks my heart reading all this mean stuff being said about Tyrion. He doesn't need to die guys. He just has to sit out till Cersei is dealt with due to a conflict of interest.

Tyrion is a traitor
Every tactical advice he has given has cost Dany dearly

Offering Tyrion to Cersei would benefit everyone

Ferrio

Banned
I had no problems with this last episode but I'm. It feeling the finale.

I hope I'm wrong but I get the feeling that everyone is gonna live and they'll cash in for the next season with deaths. Maybe the conflicts in winterfell will wrap up, but I just don't see anything else epic in this one. It feels like it will all be setup for next season.

Hope I'm wrong though and there's something mindblowing that happens.

I'm betting on a big clash happening. The episode is too long for everything just to peacefully get resolved.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
director-episode-viii-ix-star-wars.gif

Tyrion and Cersei hate each other. If anything I think Tyrion and Jamie would have the conflict of interest

I'm addressing his internal conflict in regards to fighting his family as whole. While he hates Cersei, fighting her absolutely means he's fighting Jaime as well. They come as a package.

I have a hard time believing anyone but Jon would legitimately do it for Tyrion.

The Hound would do it only to kill Sandor, Tyrion would have nothing to do with that decision I don't think.

Greyworm, Dany?

I haven't watched the preview so don't quote me with a preview spoiler please, but I don't think Greyworm would walk his way to KL just to save Tyrion. That goes for anyone who won't already be there.

I'm quite confident Dany would never allow Tyrion to be put in that position by Cersei. She's got two armies, dragons, Jon Snow, and you think you're going to pull that shit off Cersei? Please.

Possible..although if her aim is to keep the crown...

.. then Cersei would be smart to say to Dany "there's no reason for thousands of innocent men to die to decide who is Queen, lets just pit my champion against yours" (echoes of what Jon tried with Ramsay).
Cersei would believe The Mountain would be guaranteed the victory (while she'd face almost certain defeat otherwise)...and if Dany refuses, she's painted as the bloodthirsty warmonger who will stop at nothing for power, while Cersei looks like the peacemaker.

Either the crown itself or a trial for the life of Tyrion, could be possible catalysts for Cleganebowl.

Of course it may not happen at all.

Either way I'm fairly certain The Hound will survive until series 7..

..if only because Beric said "we'll meet again Clegane". They don't tend to put lines like that in the script unless they already know they'll meet again.

There is no goddamn way Cersei would be in any negotiating position to do that with Tyrion, when his Queen can wipe Cersei off the map with a single command.

"Let me hear you float that idea one more time Cersei. I swear on all the gods you dumb fuck, I will have Drogon take giant shits right on top of your stupid head."

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
^^ Dammit that one really hurts :(

Yeah, bending the knee isn't good enough Jon.

giphy.gif

You're going to have to do much more than that to make up for not only losing us a dragon, but allowing the Night King to pick him up on a free transfer.

Sephzilla

^^ Dammit that one really hurts :(

Yeah, bending the knee isn't good enough Jon.

giphy.gif

You're going to have to do much more than that to make up for not only losing us a dragon, but allowing the Night King to pick him up on a free transfer.

It was Dany's idea to go down there with the dragons

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
oh my god you guys

what if the Night King is actually Jon's father. (as in, it's Ragger)

The Season finale will be Star Wars 2.0 with the Night King going JON, I AM YOUR FATHER

I call dibs on the rewards for being right on this one

SgtCobra

Euron must die, he has to, I loathe that mf'er lol
I swear if they kill off The Hound and/or Tormund I'll riot.

I haven't read any leaks so I'm going fresh into the last epiaode of this season, might watch it at a cinema with a big group of friends. The expectations are definitely high for me.

Taker666

There is no goddamn way Cersei would be in any negotiating position to do that with Tyrion, when his Queen can wipe Cersei off the map with a single command.

Cersei won't agree to a full truce unless there's something in it for her personally...

..she'd dig her heels in even if they had a zombie bear, a zombie giant and a white walker to show her. She'll dig her heels in even harder if she thinks Jon and Dany are honourable and won't draw first blood.

Sendero

Someone important has to die (I hope).

*Daenerys hasn't reached her prophecy.
*Jon dying at this specific point, would be sort of pointless.
*Cercei is the only one preventing everyone to rally against the WW, so shouldn't be her time yet. Jaime's fate is likely attached to her, so no.
*Arya and Sansa will probably remain in "conflict".
*Littlefinger likely will be become a major thorn next season. So, unless his plan carries on after his death, it shouldn't be his time yet. I fully expect a hint the Northern leaders are splitting.
*We know Varys time will come later on. So not yet.
*Euron and his forces are the major supporters of Cercei. When he goes down, it means that Cercei death is close too.
*On one hand, Tyrion is RR Martin's favorite character (by his own admission).
On the other, if he were to die, a season's finale would be the perfect time to do it.
So.. perhaps?

Those are the major players. So, aside of possibly Tyrion, the only other massive hit would be another Dragon dying thanks to Qyburn. I mean, Cercei has to have a big win, before being defeated. And all those scorpions are totally being used.

So, I'm going with that, with perhaps Cleganebowl and one or two surprising demises: Bronn? Beric? What about the 3-eyed Raven? That would be highly unexpected (since we are all assuming he will warg a Dragon, mess with history via time-space again or perhaps even become The builder). And now that Sam/Gilly can theoretically vouch for Jon's identity, he could be used as a chekov gun.

Volimar

Oh shit Melly Sanders told Varys that he would die in Westeros. Her prophecies usually have something to do with fire. Cersei is gonna burn poor Varys!

oh my god you guys

what if the Night King is actually Jon's father. (as in, it's Ragger)

The Season finale will be Star Wars 2.0 with the Night King going JON, I AM YOUR FATHER

I call dibs on the rewards for being right on this one

OMG~ Dude, Night King has been around for thousands of years. They even showed you the skinny guy who became the Night King.

I'm quite confident Dany would never allow Tyrion to be put in that position by Cersei. She's got two armies, dragons, Jon Snow, and you think you're going to pull that shit off Cersei? Please.

She hasn't been too impressed, or confident in him recently. She down right questions his loyalty more than once.

To stop and risk everything and go to KL just for him? No...To save him while taking care of other business, sure.

Elandyll

Banned
Look at that twist: Qyburn's scorpion ending up being used for good, spear with Dragonglass tip, killing undead Dragon and saving Drogon at the last second.

Looking forward to seeing Zombie Viserion in action. Will he breath an ice blast, blue flames, or regular ole fire?
I hope it's ice, and we get an awesome clash of dragon fire and dragon ice. Maybe most of the battle is over, and we're in the final moments. Viserion lines up a blast of ice, and Drogon counters with some hot fire. But Drogon is hurt. His right wing is crippled. He doesn't know if he has it in him. But Dany speaks to him. Motivates him. Let's him know he has more power and he just needs to let it out. If he's worried about the planet, it's all right. Any damage he does they can wish back with the dragon balls. In the final moments when he is about to give up, Rhaegal rains down a final fireball into Viserion. It hardly scratches him, but it's enough. Viserion is distracted. And that is when Drogon unleashes everything he has left, annihilating Viserion in a final, vicious blast. And our heroes win the day.

Top Bottom