• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Arya
3J5Vaei.png

Maisie Williams
Tasogipl.png

Same person?

I would say you could gloat over the aryia=waif nut jobs but they probably wont let that go until season 8 is over.....if ever.

I don't mind the nut jobs and their doped up theories, it's usually pretty funny and much better than people doing nothing but complaining about shit.

Plus, I've had a few dumb ass theories over the years myself which at the time seemed alright, in hindsight though, not even...

Man I hope Bran doesn't die.
We're paralyzed bros 4 life.
No but seriously how the fuck would the people fight against the dead, when the wall comes down?
Also how far is winterfell from the wall? Will Arya/Sansa/Bran even get out in time? Who would carry him? Would Jon use instant transition?
Oh man I am hyped to the max

Winterfell is nearly as far away from the wall as Winterfell is 1/2 way to king's landing. The wall is very far.

Remember that Stannis Army was fully ready to take Winterfell. The long travel and weather decimated them.

Khansolo1

So when nighty breaks the wall, is he still going to leisurely march on? Or will he make the wights go ape shit.
If bran and Jon die, then I'm jumping ship.

I do wonder if Cersei hid that anti-dragon projectile, so when the meet begins, she kills the dragon.
If the mountain is sort of like a zombie does that mean Nighty can control him?
Lol, Bran takes control of the hound vs nighty controlled mountain .
Let the clegan bowl begin.

So when nighty breaks the wall, is he still going to leisurely march on? Or will he make the wights go ape shit.
If bran and Jon die, then I'm jumping ship.

I do wonder if Cersei hid that anti-dragon projectile, so when the meet begins, she kills the dragon.
If the mountain is sort of like a zombie does that mean Nighty can control him?
Lol, Bran takes control of the hound vs nighty controlled mountain .
Let the clegan bowl begin.

I don't think he could control The Mountain, he doesn't have the blue eyes...I know people want clegane bowl, but imagine The Mountain fighting for the living, that would be so cool to see.

I don't mind the nut jobs and their doped up theories, it's usually pretty funny and much better than people doing nothing but complaining about shit.

Plus, I've had a few dumb ass theories over the years myself which at the time seemed alright, in hindsight though, not even...

This show brings the nutjobs. I watched a video on YouTube saying that Ned said a prayer as he was being executed to warg himself into a nearby bird and his mind and consciousness lives in a raven. Lol.

No wonder GRRM can't finish his books, he's too busy laughing his ass off at some of these dumb theories.

This show brings the nutjobs. I watched a video on YouTube saying that Ned said a prayer as he was being executed to warg himself into a nearby bird and his mind and consciousness lives in a raven. Lol.

No wonder GRRM can't finish his books, he's too busy laughing his ass off at some of these dumb theories.

LOL man, so stupid.

Amazing how there are so many youtube channels with these horrible theories and breakdowns and shit with so many views.

Though I've watched a few interviews with GRRM where he said he stopped reading fan theories a long time ago because he doesn't want them to conflict with his own ideas or something like that.

There's an interview with Kit where he says that a fan approached him with a theory that the show will end with Ghost waking up and having dreamt everything. Kit was like, dumbest theory I ever heard, I hope the guy never becomes a screenwriter, lol. Just tears into him, haha.

https://youtu.be/jBMkOjjSlng

Watching this video from Season 2 makes this season's excursion to the north and lack of character development in general feel even more disappointing. All of the dread of going into the North got replaced with a school play sketch level of dialogue and action...

Yep, it's gonna suck.

And in a couple weeks this thread will be dead, which will also suck.

Yeah, it will suck. I rarely post in this particular topic but read it religiously whenever a new episode comes out. I'm going to miss reading the regular banter and discussion on r/gameofthrones and r/freefolk too.

But to make the wait to 2019 ( ;_; ) more manageable I am finally going to go through all of the books now that I am finishing college. That should keep me busy for a while. I bought all of them some 2 years ago but barely got through 2/3 of GoT not because it wasn't interesting but because reading anything for leasure during an academic year makes one's reading sessions feel like a guilt trip.

Now that that's no longer an issue I have more than a year to get caught up with the books so I can get to feel the pain of book readers too :D

Not too keen on the finale either. Think this is the worst season ever. Maybe S5 is worse, but it doesn't carry the weight this season does. And I have zero faith that the finale will be at least decent. They effed up too many things that bother me, so fudge them.

Is cleganebowl a possibility in the final Episode of the season?

Surely the hound it's going to kings landing with the captured wight to show cersei.

I'm thinking it's 60% chance of happening.

Is cleganebowl a possibility in the final Episode of the season?

Surely the hound it's going to kings landing with the captured wight to show cersei.

I'm thinking it's 60% chance of happening.

If the Hound is going to King's Landing, they will certainly meet next episode. But as far as having them fight? I don't think so. Not without good reason.

Hydrus

My mind was blown what Maisie Williams (Arya) is 20, just one year younger than Sophie Turner who plays Sansa. They looked many years apart to me.

I'm still blown away they are that young. I thought Sophie was like 30 by now and Maisie in her mid twenties.

Ferrio

Banned
The Hound will fight the mountain. He'll be losing badly until he runs his hand across the blade lighting it on fire.
Please let this happen

Isn't the good enough reason that they hate each other?

Weren't they fighting the last time they saw each other?

Yeah, except Gregor is no longer "sentient" in the way he was before. Unless Cersei orders him to do something, I don't think he will lift a finger. And I doubt Cersei would randomly order him to attack Sandor in a peace negotiation where everyone wants to leave an impression of goodwill. Sandor would be the more logical one to strike first but attacking without provocation (while in character) would simply feel forced for the sake of fanservice.

The Hound will fight the mountain. He'll be losing badly until he runs his hand across the blade lighting it on fire.
Please let this happen

Thankfully becoming a zombie has made the Mountain significantly smarter than he was, so now they can finally have a decent fight!

Jacob4815

I hope for some crazy event happening at that big meeting.

Otherwise I will be very disappointed. This season needs some crazy twist and shocking death.

Jon took it down in the same manner. Pattern recognition down pat.

GDrMV6i.gif

It's like Punch Out. Easy patterns until you get to Tyson, I mean the Night King.

Einchy

Dragonglass wasn't able to pierce their armor when Meera hit once in the chest-ish area, she had to hit an expose area to actually kill it. They've be set to fight White Walkers if everyone had Valyrian Steel swords.

Einchy

The difference of direction compared to last episode, lol
Also I love that he almost trips after the kill. It means so much more than the "cool pose" many directors would have just chosen instead.

Well, to be fair, it's a completely different scene that is trying to portray something different. One is Jon being scared and completely shocked, like you said, that wasn't a cool pose but more him just pausing for a sec because what just happened blew his mind while the one in the new episode is him being completely confident that he could take on that White Walker.

Jon took it down in the same manner. Pattern recognition down pat.

GDrMV6i.gif

It's like Punch Out. Easy patterns until you get to Tyson, I mean the Night King.

I've said it before but GODDAMN is Kit Harington good at making Jon Snow look like the best swordsman in Westeros.

I think this season's been frustrating for Sansa because they're basically setting her and Arya up to be the new shadow council sort of characters in the world to come. Basically, I think they're going to have them provide the things that Daenerys and her army are hilariously bad at: soft power and subtlety.

I guess you could say she's becoming a "good" Littlefinger, though it's a bit reductive.

At any rate, it's one of those things like the High Sparrow plotline that's sort of frustrating to watch in-progress because it's more about the destination than the journey. Like, let's be real, 90% of the Sept/High Sparrow scenes were absolute trash in a vacuum, we just remember them fondly because the conclusion to that arc was so good.

Top Bottom