• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

I thought the White Walkers were living (the Night King, the babies) and the zombies were reanimated dead corpses. What I want to know is who are the class of White Walkers that are made to run around beyond the wall like the ice version of Tarzan? Those guys do their business in loin clothes while Night King and his squad have tailored matching armour.

Somewhere it was explained that the White Walkers started wearing armour once they knew that "men" have found a way to kill them. Think it was D&D.

After Sam stabbed one in the back I don't think we see them in loin cloths anymore.
Unless I'm mistaken.

That's it, that's are way in. Appeal to the White Walker working class. Some one is making those armours and weapons, is also being tasked with collecting babies, and doing all sorts of other menial work. Night King and his buddies dress sharp, look fed, while Tom and his mates look like they just stepped out of a bread line, and have been working on less than minimum wage. The tyranny of the Romanovs White Walker elites has to be ended.

White Walkers are no match for politics.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Somewhere it was explained that the White Walkers started wearing armour once they knew that "men" have found a way to kill them. Think it was D&D.

After Sam stabbed one in the back I don't think we see them in loin cloths anymore.
Unless I'm mistaken.

That's a baloney explanation from D&D considering that the first men fought them with the dragon glass Sam had on him lol.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I wanna see the White Walker that's forced to make armor. Poor guy wanted to be a warrior but is stuck sowing on some glacier.

Nah, she seems resistant to all manner of heat. She went into boiling water, she picked up a dragon egg from burning coals. She's immune to dragonfire. No reason the expect wildfire would he any different.

makes me think how cool it would be if Cersei tries to be cute and drops wild fire on Jon and Dany only to discover they don't burn. Have we seen Jon react to fire?

I'm guessing they just didn't want to do the full-body make-up/CGI effects for longer and more complicated scenes with a lot of fight choreography, to be honest.

Heshinsi

White Walkers are no match for politics.

We've tried the Magnificent 7 route with a team of bad ass warriors. Now we put our hopes on an A-Team of whose who in the political theatre. Littlefinger, Tyrion, Varys, and Cersei get inserted deep behind White Walker lines. Give it a few week at most of them interacting with those at the bottom of the Walker hierarchy, and the seeds of dissent against the Night King would have been sown.

I would honestly be willing to forgive Cersei for killing Marg for this.

Seems like a job for wights.

I want to see what's the class between White Walkers and wight. The guy doing all the middle management.

But someone has to control the wights right? That would still be a shitty job. Bob wants to control the battle zombies but he's instead given the duty of looking after the maintenance and building team. Shit, it's like they have a division of labour just like the Night's Watch.

Rangers = Battle Command Walker
Builders = Armourment and Weapons R&D Walker
Stewards = Collect babies and other menial task Walker

That's a baloney explanation from D&D considering that the first men fought them with the dragon glass Sam had on him lol.

I guess.
They "woke up" in S1(a little earlier to be exact) and men haven't killed any of them in thousands of years, don't think those WWs running around killing and toying around with men North of the Wall expected to be killed, the Children of the Forest weren't in the game since they were in hiding, so Sam killing one with dragonglass had to be luck.
Things changed since the first one died.

I don't know..It's a lame explanation but it makes some sense.

FiggyCal

Banned
So I went back to Season 5 episode 1. There's actually a really cool parallel between Mance Rayder then with regards to Stannis and Jon's current position with regards to Dany. Back then, Jon was urging Mance to bend the knee to save the wildling's lives and Mance refused because they had put their trust in him to be their leader. This is exactly the position that Jon was in last episode and maybe he needed Tormund to remind him of that. I definitely appreciate what they were going for.

It is a really neat and well done call back to season 5.

Heshinsi

So the dead dragon even though brought back is just gonna rot and not fly, right?

Doesn't that Dragon have a hole in its neck where the spear hit it, and also where the explosion happened? Don't know how something dead breaths, but even if it did breath fire it would come out like Kylo Ren's lightsabre right?

I guess.
They "woke up" in S1(a little earlier to be exact) and men haven't killed any of them in thousands of years, don't think those WWs running around killing and toying around with men North of the Wall expected to be killed, the Children of the Forest weren't in the game since they were in hiding, so Sam killing one with dragonglass had to be luck.
Things changed since the first one died.

I don't know..It's a lame explanation but it makes some sense.

Sam killed a White Walker and then afterwards we got the scene where the Night King turns the baby correct? So even after Sam kills one of them, they were still sending the grunts to pick up babies half naked.

Sam killed a White Walker and then afterwards we got the scene where the Night King turns the baby correct? So even after Sam kills one of them, they were still sending the grunts to pick up babies half naked.

Yeah, but he was armoured when he journeyed to the alter.
That WW wasn't half naked, you can see some of the same armour they have in the later seasons but he was less clothed.
There was a change from before Sam killed the WW to after.

Just rewatching Hardhome, and my wife finally noticed that there was a different actor for Night King. She thinks the older one was much more creepy looking.

Her words: "The new guy looks like he eats hotdogs all day"

Doesn't that Dragon have a hole in its neck where the spear hit it, and also where the explosion happened? Don't know how something dead breaths, but even if it did breath fire it would come out like Kylo Ren's lightsabre right?

it's almost a given that viserion will breathe cold air which will freeze on contact.
you might see the kylo ren effect, but likely of cold air

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
it's almost a given that viserion will breathe cold air which will freeze on contact.
you might see the kylo ren effect, but likely of cold air

i would like it if it didnt breathe anything. id like to see it make an attempt and have like some kind of horrible sounding rattle roar.

Heshinsi

Yeah, but he was armoured when he journeyed to the alter.
That WW wasn't half naked, you can see some of the same armour they have in the later seasons but he was less clothed.
There was a change from before Sam killed the WW to after.

Wow, I seriously visualised Ice Tarzan being the one doing the drop. I stand corrected.

Would boner blood be coagulated if they are dead? They might have an eternal stiffy.

White Walkers aren't dead. The baby never stopped being a baby while the Night King turned him. Seriously though, does the Night King do all the diaper changes and potty training himself, or does he once again have someone down the hierarchy whose job that is?

Einchy

So, I think it's obvious he will fly over it but what does that mean for all the Wights? it's not like he's going to fly thousands of dudes over the wall little by little, I mean, I guess he could be that would be so silly. Just imagine Night King taxing thousands of Wights. Anyway, since that's not gonna happen, I wonder how he will get them over, I don't think he will reset his army to start bringing back people as Wights south of the Wall.

Heshinsi

So, I think it's obvious he will fly over it but what does that mean for all the Wights? it's not like he's going to fly thousands of dudes over the wall little by little, I mean, I guess he could be that would be so silly. Just imagine Night King taxing thousands of Wights. Anyway, since that's not gonna happen, I wonder how he will get them over, I don't think he will reset his army to start bringing back people as Wights south of the Wall.

Dude has been planning his revenge tour for 8000 years. What's a few days to ferry his army over in the face of that? The living are the ones that are staring down the clock, not him.

-griffy-

Banned
No way they just have them fly over and miss out having a dramatic epic scene where the wall is destroyed to close the penultimate season.

They technically need to only takeover 1 keep, since it is not like they are trying to take territory. Then they can just pop open the gates and have the army walk through. It would be pretty easy with a dragon.

Heshinsi

They technically need to only takeover 1 keep, since it is not like they are trying to take territory. Then they can just pop open the gates and have the army walk through. It would be pretty easy with a dragon.

Is Bran going to warn anyone that he has a weird relationship with the Night King? Tell the people buddy left a mark on your arm Bran.

Is Bran going to warn anyone that he has a weird relationship with the Night King? Tell the people buddy left a mark on your arm Bran.

Pfff, you make it sound like that would be the most plausible and practical thing to do! You know that never happens in television.

Dr. Branhattan has to be as vague as possible and draw it out for another season.

Considering how far Mag the Mighty got through the tunnels at castle black when the wildlings attacked, I think The Night King can manage to get through the same way there, if not through Eastwatch.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!

Thats not what Benjen said to Bran about the Wall. Benjen couldnt cross because of the magic on it.

If you can fly over the wall as the NK you dont need to bring the wights from the north. Get you WW buddies on your shiny new Sindragosa and then fly south dropping them off in different areas. Each one starts small and builds up their own army. There have to be enough mass graves over Westeros after all the wars going on. Those skeletons at the tree looked downright ancient. Think of the possibilities here. Keep in mind that earlier in the seaon Littlefinger did mention that he returned Ned Starks body to Cat (and thus Ned was in the crypt).

All this speculation is pointless because we barely know anything about the WW and what their motivations are. Do they want to kill all humans? Dont they need the living to propagate? Seemingly they can communicate with humans because Craster had a deadl with them. Can they talk?

Heshinsi

Your body starts falling apart with medieval standards of burial for regular people. Or if you come from a fancy house and they keep you in a crypt, how exactly would a human skeleton get out under of a stone slab?

Volimar

They probablt just started taking his sons and letting him live so they could farm him and that's how the deal started. No communication necessary.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Thats not what Benjen said to Bran about the Wall. Benjen couldnt cross because of the magic on it.

If you can fly over the wall as the NK you dont need to bring the wights from the north. Get you WW buddies on your shiny new Sindragosa and then fly south dropping them off in different areas. Each one starts small and builds up their own army. There have to be enough mass graves over Westeros after all the wars going on. Those skeletons at the tree looked downright ancient. Think of the possibilities here. Keep in mind that earlier in the seaon Littlefinger did mention that he returned Ned Starks body to Cat (and thus Ned was in the crypt).

All this speculation is pointless because we barely know anything about the WW and what their motivations are. Do they want to kill all humans? Dont they need the living to propagate? Seemingly they can communicate with humans because Craster had a deadl with them. Can they talk?

Wasn't there a part about the wall's magic being broken after the wight was taken to Castle Black, because it was carried through the barrier? or because the NK touched Bran and he took the mark across the wall? I don't remember

Wasn't there a part about the wall's magic being broken after the wight was taken to Castle Black, because it was carried through the barrier? or because the NK touched Bran and he took the mark across the wall? I don't remember
Most speculation is that Bran done fucked up, and now that he is marked the White Walkers can go south.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!

Whether the barrier is still up is only speculation afaik. The only thing we have seen in the show is Benjens comment and thats long after the wight in S1 reanimates. We've seen the NK reanimate just being in proximity with dead humans at Hardhome. We know the other can raise wights because of the wights dying when their animator died. So the NK or another WW could have been close enough to Castle Black to be able to reanimate from outside the castle. The WW set up a trap to cause havoc in the Nights Watch.

The NK and co are doing weird shit and we still know barely fuck all about these guys.

Khansolo1

Man I hope Bran doesn't die.
We're paralyzed bros 4 life.
No but seriously how the fuck would the people fight against the dead, when the wall comes down?
Also how far is winterfell from the wall? Will Arya/Sansa/Bran even get out in time? Who would carry him? Would Jon use instant transition?
Oh man I am hyped to the max

OrionX

Also how far is winterfell from the wall? Will Arya/Sansa/Bran even get out in time? Who would carry him?

Bran: "We must hurry. Send a raven to Meera and inform her that I'll be in need of her services once more."

*raven returns*

"Fuck off." - Meera

Einchy

One more day and the year+ wait begins.
9RbH1MS.gif

Man I hope Bran doesn't die.
We're paralyzed bros 4 life.
No but seriously how the fuck would the people fight against the dead, when the wall comes down?
Also how far is winterfell from the wall? Will Arya/Sansa/Bran even get out in time? Who would carry him? Would Jon use instant transition?
Oh man I am hyped to the max

Winterfell is left of the compass

Top Bottom