• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

ASIS

I think this season's been frustrating for Sansa because they're basically setting her and Arya up to be the new shadow council sort of characters in the world to come. Basically, I think they're going to have them provide the things that Daenerys and her army are hilariously bad at: soft power and subtlety.

I guess you could say she's becoming a "good" Littlefinger, though it's a bit reductive.

At any rate, it's one of those things like the High Sparrow plotline that's sort of frustrating to watch in-progress because it's more about the destination than the journey. Like, let's be real, 90% of the Sept/High Sparrow scenes were absolute trash in a vacuum, we just remember them fondly because the conclusion to that arc was so good.
I mean, some fans of the show think the entire show, books, pacing, etc. is garbage. But for the majority of us the bolded is not true. The sparrow arc may have lacked some of the political intrigue but it was really good drama. It was possibly the best part of season 5 and I don't need to say much about the conclusion.

leng jai

Warden of the North
gallery-1485437470-game-of-thrones-sansa-stark-black-dress-steps.jpg

Sophie Turner
tumblr_msjxi27NnA1qk9g91o2_250.gif

Same person?

It's impressive how plain they manage to make Sophie Turner look in the show.

Nameless

Meereen, Dorne, House of Black & White, and some of the Winterfell stuff sunk S5. The Wall plotline with Stannis' crew and Jon was great, and while King's Landing couldn't really help but take a step back after losing Tywin,Tyrion,Joffrey,Sansa,Littlefinger and Varys the season before, it was still damn solid. I also enjoyed most of Tyrion's trek to Meereen -- the journey through Old Valyria being the highlight.

goddammit, why is youtube and google telling me that scenes from tomorrow's episode are online already

wtf HBO? can't you figure out already wtf you are doing wrong?

goddammit, why is youtube and google telling me that scenes from tomorrow's episode are online already

The only thing I see are articles talking about the scripts, contact info and salaries being leaked, but since the outlines were leaked last year its not that big a deal.

The only thing I see are articles talking about the scripts, contact info and salaries being leaked, but since the outlines were leaked last year its not that big a deal.

it still is a big deal dude. it's one thing for a plot outline to leak but it's another for whole episodes or scenes from episodes to leak.

Ithil

My mind was blown what Maisie Williams (Arya) is 20, just one year younger than Sophie Turner who plays Sansa. They looked many years apart to me.

Odder still is knowing Tyene Sand's actress is younger than Sophie Turner, she's around Maisie Williams' age

So she would have also been a little kid during the first season of the show, like Williams.

I do wonder if Cersei hid that anti-dragon projectile, so when the meet begins, she kills the dragon.

Oh fuck now that you've said this I kind of expect it to happen. A sneak attack like that is Cersei's only hope of surviving this war.

Dany better not lose two dragons in two episodes :(

Oberon

Banned
Odder still is knowing Tyene Sand's actress is younger than Sophie Turner, she's around Maisie Williams' age
So she would have also been a little kid during the first season of the show, like Williams.

That makes her whole character's scenes feel way more screepy. She and everyone at Dorne deserved better than what they got.

that's all? I guess that's not that bad then I thought it was actual scenes

Nope, there running articles for the clicks but there is no major thing out aside from the full scripts, but as I said its really old news. There is a reason HBO didnt pay the hacking group, they didnt get anything good.

Yeah, I saw a few videos with that title in my recommended videos. Thankfully the thumbnails didn't spoil anything. Still, that shit is really annoying. Haven't been spoiled this season yet so crossing my fingers it doesn't happen.

Nope, there running articles for the clicks but there is no major thing out aside from the full scripts, but as I said its really old news. There is a reason HBO didnt pay the hacking group, they didnt get anything good.

yeah the script leak is old news. looks like we're in the clear for the next 24 hours

Yeah, I saw a few videos with that title in my recommended videos. Thankfully the thumbnails didn't spoil anything. Still, that shit is really annoying. Haven't been spoiled this season yet so crossing my fingers it doesn't happen.
wow, you've done a great job then lol. i remember sooo many people in this thread at youtube recommendations, the week of episode 4 (since that leaked too)

edit: sorry for double post

I really hope that Winterfell arc has a good resolution. I mean at this point late in the game Littlefinger has to be finally getting what's coming to him right? I can't really see him surviving.

Vashetti

Banned
I really hope that Winterfell arc has a good resolution. I mean at this point late in the game Littlefinger has to be finally getting what's coming to him right? I can't really see him surviving.

I think he's a dead man tomorrow if they want to 'satisfactorily' wrap up this Winterfell mess before next season.

Jombie

I would definitely be living in Dorne.

I'm expecting some Phoenix Wright type shit. Bran pulling out witness testimonies outta nowhere and Sansa pulling 3 seasons worth of evidence.

If Bran isn't involved somehow I'm going to be pissed. I expect Arya to kill him using one of her many faces, but since she gave the dagger to Sansa in the previous episode I'm not to sure she will. That has to be what is going to be used to do it since it has been a focal point of most of those scenes. It would be pretty satisfying if Sansa was the one to do it.

Vashetti

Banned
I'm expecting some Phoenix Wright type shit. Bran pulling out witness testimonies outta nowhere and Sansa pulling 3 seasons worth of evidence.

If Bran isn't involved somehow I'm going to be pissed. I expect Arya to kill him using one of her many faces, but since she gave the dagger to Sansa in the previous episode I'm not to sure she will. That has to be what is going to be used to do it since it has been a focal point of most of those scenes. It would be pretty satisfying if Sansa was the one to do it.

I'm sure Bran will be involved. It's an ~80 minute finale and he was absent for the last two eps.

Meereen, Dorne, House of Black & White, and some of the Winterfell stuff sunk S5. The Wall plotline with Stannis' crew and Jon was great, and while King's Landing couldn't really help but take a step back after losing Tywin,Tyrion,Joffrey,Sansa,Littlefinger and Varys the season before, it was still damn solid. I also enjoyed most of Tyrion's trek to Meereen -- the journey through Old Valyria being the highlight.

I loved the House of BnW stuff in S5. Party due to it having some of my favorite music from the series. But I never knew some considered it to have sunk S5. The S6 Arya stuff was worse imo.

PixelatedBookake

The One and Done™;247029762 said:
Just a heads up once again, spoilers are all over YouTube. See you all again in 35 hours.

Thanks for the heads up. I hate leaks. Still excited for the episode though. Shit is gonna go down. It just has to be the end for Cersei tho. The show loves subverting our expectations. I don't expect Dany to take an L after last episode.

Jon took down that Walker way too easily in the latest ep. Should have been more of a struggle.

Since Hardhome, Jon has gotten much better with a sword is a very good explanation. Also, White Walkers do the same over the shoulder side cross which Jon already knew. This was a more realistic fight. Dumb move by white walker countered immediately.

Also, don't forget that the first white walker hit Jon so hard, he went flying 20 feet and landed a floor below. He was hurt, scared and didn't have dragonglass. Now he knows his sword would kill them.

I think Jon could take on multiple White Walkers.

the thing about Sansa is, she seems more like her mother than her father. As in, more Tully-like than Stark. That's my takeaway from her arc this season.

Theorry

I am scared. The whole season has been a fan service. Its to good to be true. They are killing alot of people this sunday and i am scared for alot of my favorites. Dont trust Cersei at all.

I didn't even realize Sansa was supposed to be taking after LF/Cersei.

She's been surrounded by LF, Cersei, Lannisters and the Boltons for a long time. One way or another some of them and their personalities are rubbing off on her because for years it's all she knew.

She's gonna fuck something up at WF, I just know it, and it won't be LF.

The finale will be 80 minutes of Bran doing a recap of everything that has happened previously so everyone gets up to speed
Or a clip show hahaha. Just telling everyone in his fuck-all monotone voice "remember that time when you..." and the scene plays after the camera zooms into his eyes. Fuck, I actually want this now lol.

OrionX

I am scared. The whole season has been a fan service. Its to good to be true. They are killing alot of people this sunday and i am scared for alot of my favorites. Dont trust Cersei at all.

tumblr_inline_ocn6lrdnNC1sjht11_500.gif

Deep breaths. Jon and Dany will kill all the bad people and ride off into the sunset on Drogon. You'll see.

louiedog

How's the 5.1 mix on this show?

Unless UPS screws up today, part of my weekend is setting speakers up and I feel like the season finale is going to be a good time to have it.

Vashetti

Banned

Unless UPS screws up today, part of my weekend is setting speakers up and I feel like the season finale is going to be a good time to have it.

It's better on the Blu-rays because it's lossless.

But yeah, it's inconsistent. This season in particular has been frustrating with quite a lot of poorly mixed dialogue and muted soundtrack.

You listen to the official soundtrack separately and it sounds so much better than it does mixed for the show.

Pagusas

Elden Member

Bipolar and crazy, action scenes tend to be mixed better, but most of the time its so inconsistent that you wonder what the hell the audio engineer is doing. Also on the stream, the LFE is completely out of wack compared to the bluray.

You listen to the official soundtrack separately and it sounds so much better than it does mixed for the show.

Strangely I find this true of almost every TV soundtrack out there. Buffy, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Grimm and several others. You listen to the soundtrack and your like "WOAH! where was this awesome music in the show??!?! Then you rewatch the show and catch the amazing soundtrack and realize they literally buried it under everything, completely killing it. GoT is the biggest offender though as ALL the subtle amazing parts of the soundtrack are lost and they seem to only concentrate on repeating the same few tracks.

roytheone

That's my thought too. It will probably be a massacre to kill off a lot of prominent characters and to create human on human conflict for next season. Else next season would just be humans vs white walkers and that would be boring as shit. Cersei is going to do some fucked up shit :(

Sansa confirmed to be the true bastard would make me so happy. But agreed--she is more of a Tully.
which is refreshing since there hasn't been any Tully representation this season. Edmure is still in jail, Robin has been nowhere to be found; unless he shows up in the next episode

If Sansa is confirmed to be the true bastard, that would mean Catelyn cheated on Ned yeah? I heard a theory about Robb being the son Cat & Ned's brother, not Ned, but I think that that is bullshit.

Timbuktu

I would definitely be living in Dorne.

Dorne seems like the place to be. Every one apart from the royals just enjoy themselves, don't get invaded or conquered, don't have to fight, barely get affected by winter. Doran sacrificed himself for his people.

molnizzle

the thing about Sansa is, she seems more like her mother than her father. As in, more Tully-like than Stark. That's my takeaway from her arc this season.

That's how the family is described at the beginning of the first book, which I just started reading. Don't think that's a book spoiler. it's in the first couple of chapters. Jon and Arya take after Ned and the others after Cat. Also they call her "Horseface Arya." lol

That's how the family is described at the beginning of the first book, which I just started reading. Don't think that's a book spoiler. it's in the first couple of chapters. Jon and Arya take after Ned and the others after Cat. Also they call her "Horseface Arya." lol
yeah and that could be another thing she resents about Jon, him, the bastard, looking more like he's from the Stark family than all of his own half siblings (except for Arya)

and they got it on the show right, too. Arya is lookin like her dad, while all her brothers and sisters look more like her mom

Top Bottom