• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Kaizer

Banned
Definitely one of, if not the best episode of the season. Felt very satisfying, but that Bran scene was very funny. It just felt very awkward to have Bran suddenly spilling this diatribe about Jon interspersed with Jon & Dany getting it on lol

zeemumu

I think part of the Jon / Dany incest thing with the narrating was to show that there could be two legitimate heirs to the throne born in the next year - both products of incest.

The show had that conversation about Dany's infertility for a reason, they had Tyrion address it for a reason - she is 100% having a baby.

Also, how the fuck did Bran know that Jon was Rhaegar's son but he couldn't investigate Rhaegar's marriage? How does his shitty sight even work? Does he have to wait for new seasons of episodes like the rest of us?

This is when we find out that the whole thing was a prequel to Mortal Kombat and Jon and Dany's son is Onaga

I don't think you have your hand on the pulse of popular opinion if you think these last few seasons will be remembered negatively for any reason.

Like there are issues here, but a vast majority of the viewing audience is still loving what they are seeing.

They are popular now because it's high quality action, but will it be remembered as fondly once the dust has settled? I'm not so sure. Take last week's episode for example. Watching it for the first time without knowing what happens it's tense and engaging. Enter it knowing that 6 of the 7 characters who have gone on the so called "suicide" mission are going to survive and you start noticing just how contrived it is that they did so and just how poorly written that episode was.

I concede that I'm probably just talking about people who exist within the sub-culture where Game of Thrones is going to remain a presence, and that the general audience who will never think about it again once it's over will probably remember it extremely fondly, but I can't help but be disappointed at the direction the show has taken.

Apologies if this has already been asked but what happened to Podrick after everything was said and done? We see him walk off with Bronn and that was it or did something happen while I was in the bathroom?

I asked that earlier and I don't recall seeing either of them again.

Maybe Bronn wanted some Podrick to teach him to please the ladies.

vaderise

Lol at people pointing out the incest stuff as a con .
It's SUPPOSED to make the viewers feel super weird.
Many people were begging to see Dany and Jon together. There you go, you finally get it but it's not an epic love story moment because it's Game of Thrones. Years of shipping is now real but you gotta take the incest too.
Deal with it.

Night King
night-walker-king.gif

VS

Marvel and DC universe
marvel-dc-comic-movies.png

Brock Lesnar, The Rock, and John Cena
126.jpg

Goku
5555614-super_saiyajin_azul___background_by_nekoar-dapq6k3.jpg

= Night King still wins
5795551-3925112083-night.gif

Faith in Fate

Neo Member
So Jon will have a son then I guess and Cersei a daughter, they propose a marriage for when they're older something something kingdoms united.

Or the kids end up fighting in Game of Thrones the New Generation

Fucking Cersei is making very hard for me to keep going on my #TeamCersei crusade.

I was so happy when she accepted the whole deal and talked about joining the war in the north. FUCK. It would be perfect. Everyone together.

WHY GOD WHY

Now they are going to make Arya or Jaime kill her

FUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKK

I know, I was so damn happy and then nope, fucking Cersei can eat a dick at this point...and now everyone else is squished between her dumb ass and the WW's....

nbraun80

what an awful plot device then to dig up some corny ass 7 year old lore 95% of the audience would have forgotten in order to tie this show together. and no, I do not remember it.
i'm going to say you're in the 5% that don't pay attention to any dialog. They've been talking about all of this for many seasons on and off, with many flashbacks and such.

Griss

How do you figure? The only person to ever get the better of him was a kid that can magically see everything that has ever happened. If all the supernatural elements of the series were removed, he probably would have ended up being as influential and powerful as Tywin was in the early seasons.

Exactly. I knew he was dead when he ended up in the same castle as Bran - a psychic was the only one who was ever going to beat him at political chess. Once he ended up in the same place as a psychic whom he had wronged multiple times, it was all over.

As far as I'm concerned, it means he basically went out undefeated.

void666

Banned
Fucking Cersei is making very hard for me to keep going on my #TeamCersei crusade.

I was so happy when she accepted the whole deal and talked about joining the war in the north. FUCK. It would be perfect. Everyone together.

WHY GOD WHY

Now they are going to make Arya or Jaime kill her

FUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKK

Evil Cersei is best Cersei

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Many people were begging to see Dany and Jon together. There you go, you finally get it but it's not an epic love story moment because it's Game of Thrones. Years of shipping is now real but you gotta take the incest too.
Deal with it.

Dude, have you seen people's reactions to Dany and Jon? The vast majority of people are shipping this hard as fuuuuck and not caring about the incest bit.

I'm really curious to see what becomes of Jaime now that he's finally woken the fuck up to the fact that his sister is a lunatic and he's bounced out of King's Landing.

Honestly, he's a far better military adviser than anyone on Dany's team. Might as well join up with Tyrion and Brienne.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Deal with it.
Yep.....so weird.... (._. )
r2vj7xn.png

Betty

Banned
Apologies if this has already been asked but what happened to Podrick after everything was said and done? We see him walk off with Bronn and that was it or did something happen while I was in the bathroom?

He and Bron went to have a drink and we never saw them again.

Eggiem

It's something I wouldn't think of doing in real life but c'mon it's just a show and they don't even know they are related.

Also, that was common practice in the medieval era, the union of two related houses. If incest is going to bother you for season 8 then i think you should have stopped watching after the moment Jaimie and Cersie fucked in S1EP1

I know that. Dosn't make it less disgusting. lol

qcf x2

I don't know why but the thought never even occurred to me the Night King would actually be riding the Dragon. When I saw that he was straight up on that thing I freaked out a little bit

How did you not see that coming

I don't see any way for them to beat the white walkers

It's simple, you kill the right 5 and the rest of them fall down, magical asspull style. It's like those Puyo Puyo games.

REV 09

It was an ok finale. The show is a bit predictable now, but the execution is good fun. Jaime leaving was the most surprising thing tonight.

Top Bottom