• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

I bet they are and you will see a lot of it brought up on twitter and facebook

people on here just have a super high standard for knowing everything about this show because they like to discuss it on the internet.

most people were lost like me at that part.
I dont think "people like you" care. You're just there for dragons and ice zombies.

Fanuilos

Bran bs is getting frustrating.

Bran: I am the three eyed raven I can see everything and everyone, ALL AT ONCE. -cites false claim-
Sam: Actually this is what happened
Bran: Oh shit really? Let me go check real quick.

That's not a false claim. He can see everything and everyone, but has to take a closer look to understand and interpret things. Does someone who glances at a book instantly know what's in the book? No, they have to read it first to understand it.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Speaking of Mountain, why was Cersei so spooked about the Wights? Isn't the Mountain basically a zombie?
Basically a science vs magic situation. Mountain is the result of her maester, and no way he'd be doing things like controlling limbs once they were dismembered.

I still have no idea what Littlefinger was trying to accomplish while stuck in Winterfell.
He's been hot on banging a Stark for a while. Plan was likely to snare Sansa, turn her on Jon, when she becomes Queen of the North then he's both the Lord of the North and the Vale. I assume he was angling in this direction to ally himself against Cersei with as much strength as he could find, since he wanted to be King of Westeros.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
He does have access to everything. But I imagine going through all that information will take some time.

Yup, the second he found out this information, he went there to confirm what Sam told him. He can see everything but he has to know where to look to see it.

Volimar

In GOT, love fucks everyone over.

Examples:

Rhagaer loved Lyanna: Both end up dead and start this whole ball rolling.

Robert loved Lyanna: Went to war over nothing, married a woman he never wanted, and got killed over a boar.

LF loved Cat: Jealous fuckboi betrays Ned and tries to get with Cat and when that didn't happen, he took the downgrade with her sister and then tried with her daughter. Still ends up dead over it lol.

I could list every single one. Basically GOT laws state that if you're in love, you will make very bad life decisions and will most likely end up dead. It is known.

Jon loved Ygritte, still did the right thing. C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

I still have no idea what Littlefinger was trying to accomplish while stuck in Winterfell.

His death is so fitting for the worm that he is. I'm literally dying at him begging on his knees only to be denied again the thing he wants most. He will never lay between the legs of a stark woman. Finger was just too little.

Speaking of Mountain, why was Cersei so spooked about the Wights? Isn't the Mountain basically a zombie?

Keep in mind that's one dude, who we didn't see technically fully die, that her crazy doctor dude created.

Not a 100,000+ army of the dead who's numbers will only grow the more they kill

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Jaime when Cercei threatened him.

giphy.gif

I can't believe I missed this! Hahahaha!

Neece

Bran bs is getting frustrating.

Bran: I am the three eyed raven I can see everything and everyone, ALL AT ONCE. -cites false claim-
Sam: Actually this is what happened
Bran: Oh shit really? Let me go check real quick.

The way I've processed Bran's abilities is he pretty much has a wikipedia article of everything in existence. But he still has to go to each page to learn whatever it is he wants to know. So he has access to everything there is to know. But he still has to access it.

The properties of dragon glass on wights is slightly confusing. Doesn't appear to be a one hit kill like the WW. To kill the wight dragon, without using another dragon, you'd still need to hit its vitals with a scorpion bolt?

But if they burn easy, a regular fire arrow could set it ablaze, right?

Einchy

His biggest mistake was telling us exactly what he was doing there, he was there to get with Sansa and one day worm himself into being the King of the North with Sansa by his side. Love got him killed.

Goodstyle

As in it was badly written or that the character embarrassed himself? Because I think it's the latter and that's why it was so good.

Definitely the latter, scene was good. It just made me lose all respect for his character. Like damn, I thought he'd go out like Olenna. Say something like "Well, I suppose the game is up for me." But nope. He blubbered, begged, and grovelled like a fucking baby. He got his throat slit and he was still begging. God damn.

Einchy

Definitely the latter, scene was good. It just made me lose all respect for his character. Like damn, I thought he'd go out like Olenna. Say something like "Well, I suppose the game is up for me." But nope. He blubbered, begged, and grovelled like a fucking baby. He got his throat slit and he was still begging. God damn.

Should've had him shit his pants. He died the way he lived, like a damn rat.

He's been hot on banging a Stark for a while. Plan was likely to snare Sansa, turn her on Jon, when she becomes Queen of the North then he's both the Lord of the North and the Vale. I assume he was angling in this direction to ally himself against Cersei with as much strength as he could find, since he wanted to be King of Westeros.

Yep, he was just a player in the game and what you described was the next phase of his play. It's also where his game ended.

The properties of dragon glass on wights is slightly confusing. Doesn't appear to be a one hit kill like the WW. To kill the wight dragon, without using another dragon, you'd still need to hit its vitals with a scorpion bolt?

But if they burn easy, a regular fire arrow could set it ablaze, right?
The dragon's weaknesses don't really matter. The Night King's the one who needs to and will be killed. They foreshadowed that too heavily for it to not happen.

Artdayne

I know what they say about him. Yet he cast his children aside before the war even begun so he could have his union of Ice and Fire.
I just can't see Rhaegar as a good person, he may have been before but this marriage changed that.

So Ned, Brandon and many other Lords when the war begun were fine with Rhaegar?
Robert was not the only one to say what he said about Rhaegar.

How is that a good man?

As Bran said, the war was started on a lie. A lie pushed by Robert Barratheon that Rhaegar kidnapped and raped his betrothed. So anyone else that believed he wasn't a good man was based on that lie.

Literally the only way we know of that he "cast his children aside" was in forfeiting their claim to the throne. That in no way means that he didn't love or care for them or that they didn't live incredibly privileged lives as the children of a prince. Rhaegar's first marriage may have been an arranged marriage.

In GOT, love fucks everyone over.

Examples:

Rhagaer loved Lyanna: Both end up dead and start this whole ball rolling.

Robert loved Lyanna: Went to war over nothing, married a woman he never wanted, and got killed over a boar.

LF loved Cat: Jealous fuckboi betrays Ned and tries to get with Cat and when that didn't happen, he took the downgrade with her sister and then tried with her daughter. Still ends up dead over it lol.

I could list every single one. Basically GOT laws state that if you're in love, you will make very bad life decisions and will most likely end up dead. It is known.
Biggest example of this was Robb and his mother even warned him.

That visuals for the dragon taking down the wall with the blue flames was so fucking good. I love that they showed it in extended fashion.

The way they showed its first shot before that was great too, it made the reveal of its flames being blue even cooler.

All I know is that the Jon/Arya reunion next season is going to wreck me.

Yup.

Where is Jamie going? What about Bron ? The best bromance in the show can't end like that.

Is Jamie gonna bang Brienne? Join Tyrion ? Man I can't wait for next year

Littlefinger has been trying to put a stooge in Winterfell for three seasons. He thought he could use Sansa to control the north through her marriage with Boltons, but Ramsay was too much of a livewire. After Ramsay, he felt that Jon Snow was the defacto ruler of North. So he tried to convince Sansa to declare herself true ruler. When Arya arrived, he saw her as a threat in that plan, and tried to convince Sansa to kill her. His entire plan was to have Sansa rule the North, and then marrying/killing Sansa to become the Warden.

kevin1025

Banned
GF is crying over Tormund, I thought it was obvious that he survived the breach.

Yeah, to me it looked like Beric and Tormund got to the far right, since the break in the wall he saw ended right in front of them.

Plus, they'll totally be fine, since someone has to run and tell Winterfell shit just got real.

Top Bottom