• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
He did take credit for the discovery, though.

Well, he said he transcribed this information, right? I would need to see if Gilly is reading the new copy or the old rotten copy, if it's the latter than Gilly discovered it and if it's the former, it was Sam.

Anyone else doubt that Cersei is actually pregnant? Or was there some confirmation of it that I missed.

I kind of do, and intentionally putting her hand on her belly when she was talking to Tyrion seemed like she wanted him to think that, and not the oops, you caught me reaction she had afterwards...

jett

D-Member
TFW they don't trust the best damn team on the show and you show them what's what:
E9QH5wi.png

TFW when you aren't just going to sit there and take some truly garbage-ass writing. Because that's what Winterfell has been the entire season.

Gleethor

Nah, we're not doing this.

I'm not suggesting we ban anyone for spoiler thought crimes or even attempt to enforce shit like that. But an idea for next season might be to have an active leak discussion thread so folks can mostly get it out of their system instead of posting their "theories" in the no book thread.

Only thing I did not like about Littlefinger's death was the Knights of the Vale person just...abandoning him? Just the word of Starks is enough to kill somebody? The Knights went into battle because LF is their...king/ruler/whatever. That was somewhat dumb. Littlefinger deserved a trial.

How are people viewing Ned's honor?

His friend started a war over a lie and when Ned learned the truth he did nothing to restore balance to the realm. Robert sat on a throne of lies while Ned hid away in the North with the true king of Westeros being treated poorly by his wife.

Zolo

Only thing I did not like about Littlefinger's death was the Knights of the Vale person just...abandoning him? Just the word of Starks is enough to kill somebody? The Knights went into battle because LF is their...king/ruler/whatever. That was somewhat dumb. Littlefinger deserved a trial.

The only reason LF hadn't been killed yet is because Sansa testifying on his behalf. He also outright threatened the Vale dude last season.

His friend started a war over a lie and when Ned learned the truth he did nothing to restore balance to the realm. Robert sat on a throne of lies while Ned hid away in the North with the true king of Westeros being treated poorly by his wife.

Just another day in Westeros, really

Littlefinger deserved to die like the weasel he was.
Good riddance.

He made a promise to his sister to keep him secret and that's what he did.
His honour's intact.

Pkaz01

The Vale has been pro stark going back to the rebellion days with the jon arryn, robert, and ned alliance. They wanted to kill littlefinger before Sansa cried on his behalf. I don't think they give a shit about littlefinger and are happy he is gone

qcf x2

So where is Gendry? Dude just disappeared after he got to the wall last episode and was no where to be found in the finale.

They gave him his courtesy scene, he's done.

Jaime should swap his golden hand for a dragon glass blade, just go around chopping with valeryian steel in one hand and dragon glass in the other.

Presumably they were informed of the depth of his betrayal, that he killed Lysa and tried to poison her son (where is he?).

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Yeah him and Berric definitely survived. They were land-side, not sea-side when the wall collapsed. They'll be back. No point in having them survive the Wight expedition to have them die off-screen as the wall fell.

For whoever mentioned taking out the Ice Dragon with plain fire - he's still got scales, so while it may be a Wight it may still be incredibly difficult to actually light it on fire, especially with the Night's King riding on him. I imagine the other two dragons could take him down.

Edit: On Theon's cockless scene, I thought that was hilarious. Somehow it worked well for me - being hit there repeatedly just broke a mental wall in him that, combined with the talk with Jon, just enraged him enough to go to town on that guy. Like all that shit together finally got through to him and broke his fear. I'm assuming the guy is alive, just because him beating him to death would be a bit much vs just winning a fist fight.

I for sure got the idea he beat him to death.

Volimar

Ned learned the truth after the war was pretty much over. Rhaegar was dead and nothing, not even Ned was going to convince Robert that he hadn't kidnapped and raped her. If he had spoke up, Jon would be as dead as the Martell children.

nbraun80

He didn't like LIttlefinger, he knew LF was manipulating Robin into doing whatever he wanted.

jfkgoblue

What was Ned supposed to do?

kevin1025

Banned

He admitted to the murders of the two that came before him. Kind of. I figure they let it happen at that point.

Total cringe-worthy hypothetical here:

--Jon is Daenerys' Nephew.

--Jon is Sansa's Cousin.

What's higher-rated on the Incest Scale? Marrying your cousin or marrying your aunt?

And for giggles, which one do you marry and which one do you kill - taking into consideration political alliances.

Zolo

The war started when Aerys killed Ned's brother and father. Lyanna was kinda like Catelyn taking Tyrion. It's an event that happened up to the start of the war with Ned being executed being what caused the war.

Khaz

Bran bs is getting frustrating.

Bran: I am the three eyed raven I can see everything and everyone, ALL AT ONCE. -cites false claim-
Sam: Actually this is what happened
Bran: Oh shit really? Let me go check real quick.

We are on the Internet, we have access to the entire knowledge of humanity. It doesn't prevent us to assume stuff we were told as children or stuff that we incorrectly deduced through flawed logic. And we're posting these assumptions and deductions on a forum and debating them because we know we're right, without fact-checking.

Bran grew up with the kidnapping and rape story. He went to see wtf happened at that tower, I think because he wanted to see the big fight he was told about. It made him find out about Jon, but Jon being who he is doesn't invalidate the kidnapping and rape story in any way, just that not everybody died then.

I understand.
Though his first marriage being arranged is besides the point, that is the world they lived in.
He literally annulled his previous marriage in secret and ran off with someone elses' betrothed.
I'm not even blaming Lyanna, she was in her right, she didn't want Robert.
It's Rhaegar I have a problem with, surely he knew what this looked like.

Robert's been a scumbag, that is known. It's just why didn't they hear from Lyanna during those months in hiding? Why didn't they clarify what happened? The war raged on for a pretty long time before Rhaegar was even heard of, Lyanna though? Nothing.

It was a scumbag move, but Rhaegar and Lyanna's circumstances were caused by an established order. I took it as Rhaegar and Lyanna defying that order, and maybe Rhaegar was planning to usurp his own father (who everyone hated and was tearing the Kingdom apart). They were in love and naively wanted to change things.

It's also kind of like what Dany is doing now in "breaking the wheel."

Robert would've killed Aegon-Jon. Ned learned the truth after the trident. There was too much momentum for Ned to do much else besides protect his nephew.

Gleethor

His execution served to highlight the fact that Littlefinger had zero actual friends. He was never loved, only tolerated out of necessity.

The only reason LF hadn't been killed yet is because Sansa testifying on his behalf. He also outright threatened the Vale dude last season.

Actually, that's a good point you bring up.

Shouldn't Sansa be held accountable for conspiring with LF after he killed her?

The Vale has been pro stark going back to the rebellion days with the jon arryn, robert, and ned alliance. They wanted to kill littlefinger before Sansa cried on his behalf. I don't think they give a shit about littlefinger and are happy he is gone

Totally agree, they had no love for LF.

jfkgoblue

Total cringe-worthy hypothetical here:

--Jon is Daenerys' Nephew.

--Jon is Sansa's Cousin.

What's higher-rated on the Incest Scale? Marrying your cousin or marrying your aunt?

And for giggles, which one do you marry and which one do you kill - taking into consideration political alliances.
Aunt is a generation closer. Also with the Targaryan incest past, they are closer to siblings genetically.

Top Bottom