• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

BTM

Bran: He is Jon Sand.

Sam: Actually Rhaegar and Lyanna got married.

Bran: Fuck, can you send me a link to that scene?

Where is Jamie going? What about Bron ? The best bromance in the show can't end like that.

Is Jamie gonna bang Brienne? Join Tyrion ? Man I can't wait for next year
Sounds like they're all gonna meet up in Winterfell.

Wouldn't be surprised if Bronn showed up as well considering his talk with Tyrion.

Now that you mention it though, it's kind of disappointing that Jaime didn't bring Bronn with him.

zelas

The way I've processed Bran's abilities is he pretty much has a wikipedia article of everything in existence. But he still has to go to each page to learn whatever it is he wants to know. So he has access to everything there is to know. But he still has to access it.

But he's been "reading" the page about Lyanna death scene for god knows how long. What would stop him from reading the Quotes section by now. I think its more than just a matter of him not knowing where to look or there being too much history to cover.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Takes more than a giant wall of ice to kill Tormund Giantsbane.

Yeah, his "death" didn't hit me hard 'cus I'm sure Beric and him survived that. They don't usually kill characters off off-screen like that and when they do, it's obvious they died by the way the scene was shot.

Speaking of offscreen, I'm surprised we didn't see Yara. I thought for sure we would've seen her but she seems to be one of the hooks for season 8 and Theon's true redemption arc. He has now redeemed himself in the eyes of half of his family, especially his sister, now he has to redeem himself to his other sister.

Plan=smashing
tumblr_nn6fqpBvjU1qk7ou6o2_250.gif

I mean at the very least you can't blame the man. Sophie Turner is one pretty lady

Where is Jamie going? What about Bron ? The best bromance in the show can't end like that.

Is Jamie gonna bang Brienne? Join Tyrion ? Man I can't wait for next year

Jaime told us where he was going, to honor his word. He's going North to help fight the dead.

Bronn and Pod are at the local brothel.

PixelatedBookake

Bran: He is Jon Sand.

Sam: Actually Rhaegar and Lyanna got married.

Bran: Fuck, can you send me a link to that scene?

Lol Bran was so excited to share that with somebody. I feel like the next person who walked through that door would cause him to scream "JON SAND!"

I didn't like the way it ended, would have liked to have seen the look on everyone face, after the word got back about the wall being destroyed and the Night King having a dead dragon.

Steejee

GF is crying over Tormund, I thought it was obvious that he survived the breach.

Yeah him and Berric definitely survived. They were land-side, not sea-side when the wall collapsed. They'll be back. No point in having them survive the Wight expedition to have them die off-screen as the wall fell.

For whoever mentioned taking out the Ice Dragon with plain fire - he's still got scales, so while it may be a Wight it may still be incredibly difficult to actually light it on fire, especially with the Night's King riding on him. I imagine the other two dragons could take him down.

Edit: On Theon's cockless scene, I thought that was hilarious. Somehow it worked well for me - being hit there repeatedly just broke a mental wall in him that, combined with the talk with Jon, just enraged him enough to go to town on that guy. Like all that shit together finally got through to him and broke his fear. I'm assuming the guy is alive, just because him beating him to death would be a bit much vs just winning a fist fight.

Einchy

So Sam basically confirmed Jon's not a product of rape but of love correct?

Yeah, it was speculated since the Tower of Joy scene confirmed that the official timeline was already bullshit. Rhaegar supposedly killed Lyanna but then we find out he was already dead when she died, so a lot of people thought this meant that he never kidnapped anyone and he actually loved her. This season confirmed that they actually loved each other and ran away together.

Also shoutout to Sam for actually remembering the Rhegar wedding thing since the scene made it look like he was not paying attention at all.

Einchy

Also shoutout to Sam for actually remembering the Rhegar wedding thing since the scene made it look like he was not paying attention at all.

And people shit on him for not listening to his lady, Sam continues to prove he is the GOAT dad and husband of Westeros.

Dreez

So Jaime's going to the North by himself, no army? -___-

"Hey guys uhh yea just me..."

Edit: also family drama's a dynamic that's been sorely missed...

ViciousDS

Banned
Man haven't finished yet, but it just started snowing in kings landing. Those shots would have looked unreal in 4K HDR on my C7.

Hope they upgrade for the final season

As Bran said, the war was started on a lie. A lie pushed by Robert Barratheon that Rhaegar kidnapped and raped his betrothed. So anyone else that believed he wasn't a good man was based on that lie.

Literally the only way we know of that he "cast his children aside" was in forfeiting their claim to the throne. That in no way means that he didn't love or care for them or that they didn't live incredibly privileged lives as the children of a prince. Rhaegar's first marriage may have been an arranged marriage.

His first marriage was. There's a point in the show where Cersei talks about how she was in love with Rhaegar and Tywin (who was Mad King's Hand) wanted her to marry Rhaegar, but the Mad King rebuffed that since she wasn't worthy. I don't know why he wanted to marry his son into Dorne though, but I'm sure the Mad King had some reason.

As Bran said, the war was started on a lie. A lie pushed by Robert Barratheon that Rhaegar kidnapped and raped his betrothed. So anyone else that believed he wasn't a good man was based on that lie.

Literally the only way we know of that he "cast his children aside" was in forfeiting their claim to the throne. That in no way means that he didn't love or care for them or that they didn't live incredibly privileged lives as the children of a prince. Rhaegar's first marriage may have been an arranged marriage.

I understand.
Though his first marriage being arranged is besides the point, that is the world they lived in.
He literally annulled his previous marriage in secret and ran off with someone elses' betrothed.
I'm not even blaming Lyanna, she was in her right, she didn't want Robert.
It's Rhaegar I have a problem with, surely he knew what this looked like.

Robert's been a scumbag, that is known. It's just why didn't they hear from Lyanna during those months in hiding? Why didn't they clarify what happened? The war raged on for a pretty long time before Rhaegar was even heard of, Lyanna though? Nothing.

The bedroom scene also had you shook. Enjoy it.

xjsz6LN.gif

Volimar

I feel like the major theme of this entire show is love vs honor. Every character is either a slave to one or the other or is trying to navigate between the two and bollocksing it up.

we have to research shows now in order to follow them? I stand by my statement. They should have shown him in more flashbacks and connected the dots better.
I should have said "any ounce of research" to refresh yourself on a massive plotline of the show, as you're clearly clueless.

Or just a troll.

Top Bottom