• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

zoukka

Which places are you taking about?

Dragonstone when daenarys arrives (not even thieves are there), the beach at king's landing, we see two random guards in a place that could be used for landing by the enemy. It seems that armies just appear out of nowhere without any scouts/watchtowers/ships alerting anyone... it's just ridiculous.

And how the fuck do you sail on open sea on a rowing boat!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Dragonstone when daenarys arrives (not even thieves are there), the beach at king's landing, we see two random guards in a place that could be used for landing by the enemy. It seems that armies just appear out of nowhere without any scouts/watchtowers/ships alerting anyone... it's just ridiculous.

Dragonstone didn't have anyone since they wanted a quiet scene for Dany's arrival. Putting some civis in there ruins that would've all been waiting season 7 to see.

And that beach was super tiny and they were only able to sneak in there because they were in a small boat. An actual army would've been spotted if they tried sneaking in.

-griffy-

Banned

Nobody is sailing an open sea in a row boat. They take a ship that is anchored off shore and get to shore in a row boat.

Also, remember THIS is King's Landing:
Kings-Landing-Game-of-Thrones-1.png

Kings_Landing.jpg

It is the biggest city in Westeros. There's constant naval traffic in and out, it's a HUGE city, and not every inch of the perimeter is heavily guarded. Davos knows where to land a small boat to sneak in easily, even in broad daylight. Cause a single boat isn't gonna draw any attention amongst all the other boats anyways.

Hydrus

So... Does anyone think they will make a big deal about Dany being Jons aunt when the eventual targaryen reveal comes or they gonna just brush it off to the side and downplay it, especially when they eventually bang and marry?

Einchy

I still wann know what's up with the flaming sword cus it feels like it's magic but normal people have brought it up, which makes it seem like it's not something that's crazy to them.

SArcher

Banned
Something I've been thinking about recently. Was it ever said when Cersei and Jaime started their relationship? In their youth before Robert or after. I remember Cersei saying she was actually happy when she got promised to Robert but I'm not sure.

pringles

Such an amazing episode. Damn I've been waiting for the day the brotherhood teams up with Jon, with the addition of Gendry, Tormund and Jorah that's one of the most badass groups of warriors possible. Don't want any of them dying !

zoukka

Nobody is sailing an open sea in a row boat. They take a ship that is anchored off shore and get to shore in a row boat.

Kings_Landing.jpg

It is the biggest city in Westeros. There's constant naval traffic in and out, it's a HUGE city, and not every inch of the perimeter is heavily guarded. Davos knows where to land a small boat to sneak in easily, even in broad daylight. Cause a single boat isn't gonna draw any attention amongst all the other boats anyways.

Yeah I would buy that if King's Landing wasn't preparing to get rekt. They should be waterproof in case of spies and assassins. But whatevs, this season threw away any shred of realism the show might've had, I'm just staying for the slaughter anyways.

Also how the fuck did littlefinger fool and spy on Sansa who's skills should be almost suoerhuman by now???

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah I would buy that if King's Landing wasn't preparing to get rekt. They should be waterproof in case of spies and assassins. But whatevs, this season threw away any shred of realism the show might've had, I'm just staying for the slaughter anyways.

Also how the fuck did littlefinger fool and spy on Sansa who's skills should be almost suoerhuman by now???

You can't get a city of that size waterproof without shutting down all traffic into and out of the city.

Volimar

You mean Arya

Guessing Beric dies trying to hold off the wights and then top knot dies trying to revive him. Everyone else makes it back.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Such an amazing episode. Damn I've been waiting for the day the brotherhood teams up with Jon, with the addition of Gendry, Tormund and Jorah that's one of the most badass groups of warriors possible. Don't want any of them dying !

Yep. and the crazy thing is that it's still not an all-star cast.

An all-star cast would include Arya, Breinne, Khaleesi and her dragons, Jaime and Bronn, Bran warging into one of the Dragons and the greatest swordsman that ever lived, Syrio Forell making a triumphant return.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

An all-star cast would include Arya, Breinne, Khaleesi and her dragons, Jaime and Bronn, Bran warging into one of the Dragons and the greatest swordsman that ever lived, Syrio Forell making a triumphant return.

Send Syrio North of the Wall with a Valyrian Steel sword and the whole mess gets cleaned up in a weekend.

Einchy

Makes you remember just how many amazing characters this show has and even more so when you remember all the ones that have died.

roytheone

Kings_Landing.jpg

Seeing that I kinda want one of the spin offs to be focused on kings landing. So many stories to tell there.

-griffy-

Banned
They could do a police procedural called "Gold Cloaks: King's Landing." Then a couple seasons in they do spin-off "Gold Cloaks: Braavos."

Zampano

Just watched. So is everyone travelling by private jet now or what? Didn't Jaime spend an entire season travelling across Westeros at one point and now he can just nip back when he feels like it. Meanwhile Tryrion returns from the battle, then travels to and from Kings Landing in the space of an episode.

It's so disappointing to see all attention to detail fall to the wayside as they motor toward whatever ending Martin sketched out for them.

I'm pretty sure Arya is playing a trap of her own. Sansa and Arya both know what a sneaky rat he is...maybe they're setting him up with a little misdirection. Arya has to have learned not to be so easily tricked by now...

pablito

Just watched. So is everyone travelling by private jet now or what? Didn't Jaime spend an entire season travelling across Westeros at one point and now he can just nip back when he feels like it. Meanwhile Tryrion returns from the battle, then travels to and from Kings Landing in the space of an episode.

It's so disappointing to see all attention to detail fall to the wayside as they motor toward whatever ending Martin sketched out for them.

How long did it take Cat to get to King's Landing in episodes after Ned in season 1? 1? 2? That's a month long trek.

It's definitely more jarring now. You have 2 major conflicts involving all of the left over characters, the character developments are wrapping up, and they're in the endgame. You have all of the people needing to be everywhere they need to be.

However time travel is not a new thing.

silva1991

We only have 2 episodes left and 6 episodes in next season. This time travel is probably necessary

I'm pretty sure Arya is playing a trap of her own. Sansa and Arya both know what a sneaky rat he is...maybe they're setting him up with a little misdirection. Arya has to have learned not to be so easily tricked by now...

Yeah, I hope it's Arya who's actually tricking LF and not the other way around. After like two seasons of her learning to be one of those no ones, it will be disappointing to see her tricked so easily.

Yeah, I hope it's Arya who's actually tricking LF and not the other way around. After like two seasons of her learning to be one of those no ones, it will be disappointing to see her tricked so easily.

That's what I'm thinking, too. Although, I was also hoping that she'd be smarter or have a plan when she was wandering around in broad daylight to lure that not-so-nice girl into stabbing her, too...

pringles

The "attention to detail" would just be filler if they needed to convey the time passing between every major scene. Sure they could have stretched these episodes out as 10 and inserted filler scenes that show characters traveling back and forth, but would it have made the show better? I'm absolutely LOVING the pace of this season. Tyrion and Varys spending an entire season traveling towards Daenerys was painful. This show is on fire right now.

You mean Arya

Guessing Beric dies trying to hold off the wights and then top knot dies trying to revive him. Everyone else makes it back.
It's so interesting though. Every character in that group seems to have at least some "purpose" left to fulfill. The Hound is obvious, Jon too, it's hard to see Gendry being brought back after several seasons just to die, Tormund is pretty much the leader and face of the wildlings which makes him hugely important not to mention he needs to get with Brienne before he's done.. and in the case of Beric and Thoros, I really want to believe that their role in the show is not just going to end with a regular old death. Mainly perhaps because I think they are two awesome acted roles and I want them to be major players in the endgame of the show.

Neece

Davos managed to smuggle onions into Storms End when it was under an actual siege. Getting in and out undetected is his established specialty. That is what made him one of the most renown pirates in the world.

televator

Davos managed to smuggle onions into Storms End when it was under an actual siege. Getting in and out undetected is his established specialty. That is what made him one of the most renown pirates in the world.

Agreed. It's his goddamn namesake. The Onion Knight. If there's a situation where Davos can't smuggle into, then no one else can.

Is it just my childish humor or was anyone else expecting to see one of the dead guards of Kingslanding sporting a boner after they ate Davos crab-aphrodisiac and got hit by Gendry's hammer?

The camera view with their bodies in the foreground and the boat in the background made me think of that.

And btw. what was Quiburn talking about with Cersei before Jamie came in and told her about his talk with Tyrion?
Or did he just tell her exactly that?

Einchy

And btw. what was Quiburn talking about with Cersei before Jamie came in and told her about his talk with Tyrion?
Or did he just tell her exactly that?
Ah, I didn't think of that. I was thinking he was checking up on her because of her pregnancy but it's probably more likely that she was told about Tyrion.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
God that shot of Jon & company going north through the wall... those are like all my favorite asskickers. That's the westerosi seal team six right there. Im so hyped for the next episode, that flaming sword hnnnnngggg

molnizzle

VOECEQO.png

We're asked to believe that Euron's been sailing his entire fleet within spitting distance of Dragonstone the entire time, once to ambush Yara, once when delivering Euron's captives, and a third time to ambush Greyworm. Also it's implied Dany still has ships in reserve, which is what they used to ferry the Dothraki troops to the mainland.

?????

Yeah, this is the only "teleporting" complaint that's valid to me. Mainly just because they showed Euron's ship at Casterly Rock.

Earlier Dany's council was talking about how they had no way of knowing where Euron's fleet was—or if it was all even in one place. His traveling would make much more sense if it was just a portion of his fleet at Casterly Rock. They fucked up by putting the shot of his actual ship in there.

Yeah, this is the only "teleporting" complaint that's valid to me. Mainly just because they showed Euron's ship at Casterly Rock.

Earlier Dany's council was talking about how they had no way of knowing where Euron's fleet was—or if it was all even in one place. His traveling would make much more sense if it was just a portion of his fleet at Casterly Rock. They fucked up by putting the shot of his actual ship in there.

Maybe he has two flagships

One of them will before they all die and Gendry ends up on the iron throne.

Little birds like to chirp.
I'm just playing on the "how do you sail there unnoticed?" posts because obviously they did indeed get noticed. Unless the complaints are "why did they think they wouldn't be noticed?" and to that I guess it's just a matter of arrogance and skill?

Top Bottom