• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Volimar

So Yara and Theon took all his best ships and he still managed to catch up with Greyworm just with the clunkers left behind?

Even their shitty ships are probably capable. And it's not hard to catch up with ships that are staying in one location for who knows how many hours they were sitting there while the unsullied killed everyone.

pablito

They did fuck up Euron's teleporting by showing his ship there, or by not showing any passage of time at Casterly Rock. Couple questions though

Did we specifically get word that Grey Worm and Yara/Ellaria all left at the same time?

Is 2 flagships a thing in any kind of naval situation or whatever?

Maybe Euron is cool with lending his flagship to his second in command? If he can build a whole fleet from tree barren islands, what's a flagship to him anyway?

aBarreras

So Yara and Theon took all his best ships and he still managed to catch up with Greyworm just with the clunkers left behind?

yara and theon stole about 100 ships, while the iron fleet is about 1000 ships. what do you think?

edit: also, do we see the flagship at casterly rock?

That was the plan actually. But they wanted to take Casterly Rock first and rally Dorne.

VOECEQO.png

We're asked to believe that Euron's been sailing his entire fleet within spitting distance of Dragonstone the entire time, once to ambush Yara, once when delivering Euron's captives, and a third time to ambush Greyworm. Also it's implied Dany still has ships in reserve, which is what they used to ferry the Dothraki troops to the mainland.

?????
If I want to make this make sense in my head, maybe those who ambushed at Casterly Rock was reserve forces leftover from Iron Islands since they are nearby?

Never mind. I see I am WAY late on this.

wandering

Banned
yara and theon stole about 100 ships, while the iron fleet is about 1000 ships. what do you think?

edit: also, do we see the flagship at casterly rock?

Where was it mentioned that it's a thousand ships?

Regardless it would take years to build a single flagship of that size. Even longer considering the Ironborn apparently don't have any lumber stores.

edit:

All I can see is that Euron ordered his men to build a thousand ships, nothing about the original size of the fleet.

MikeyB

Accept that it is fan fiction designed to please the broadest possible audience at this point and enjoy the ride.

They are looking for the most epic and magical conclusion to the series. They cannot capture the personality and depth of the first few seasons, so they are going for melodrama and fireworks.

aBarreras

Where was it mentioned that it's a thousand ships?

Regardless it would take years to build a single flagship of that size. Even longer considering the Ironborn apparently don't have any lumber stores.

edit:

All I can see is that Euron ordered his men to build a thousand ships, nothing about the original size of the fleet.

dude, even dany said to yara that euron fleet was bigger, why would take yara and theon as allies when Euron proposal was better for her.

thats when they say to her that he would want to marry her or there is no fleet

kc44135

So, uhhh, I was wondering... what happened to Grey Worm and the unsullied??? Are they all just dead off-screen? Are they still fighting Euron two episodes later? They can't just teleport back to Dany like everybody else? Did the writers just forget because of the awesomeness that it is Jon, the Hound, and Gendry "the hammer" Baratheon fighting White Walkers together?

Volimar

So, uhhh, I was wondering... what happened to Grey Worm and the unsullied??? Are they all just dead off-screen? Are they still fighting Euron two episodes later? They can't just teleport back to Dany like everybody else? Did the writers just forget because of the awesomeness that it is Jon, the Hound, and Gendry "the hammer" Baratheon fighting White Walkers together?

They're either still holding Casterly Rock with no supplies or they're marching across Westeros with no supplies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
They burned their ships so they eventually will have to leave Casterly Rock since there's no food there. We have not been told if they left yet or are they still, it's not that the writers forgot, it's that it's supposed to be a mystery right now.

Anyone else notice that the number of people north of the wall at the moment doesn't add up with the number we saw in the Season 7 trailer?
There's clearly 12 people in that scene.

Edit: It's a really old trailer but spoiler tagged to be safe.

Anyone else notice that the number of people north of the wall at the moment doesn't add up with the number we saw in the Season 7 trailer?

They have a bunch of wildling red shirts going with them as well at the end of this episode.

Vashetti

Banned

There were people behind Jon and crew at the end of the ep.

Neece

Some wildlings go along with the group of 7. They are just shown in the background when the main 7 walk out.

Having a big longer battle for the final episode means there not a lot of time left to wrap up I'd guess the big battle will take place in mostly episode 5 and wrap it up in 6 that way we could get a good 20-30 min epilogue for the show which it deserves IMO

Yes, I agree. Episodes 4 & 5 should be the huge battle to destroy the Night King's army, and then the final episode should mostly be surveying the damage and characters making their final moves in the Game.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
That was the plan actually. But they wanted to take Casterly Rock first and rally Dorne.

VOECEQO.png

We're asked to believe that Euron's been sailing his entire fleet within spitting distance of Dragonstone the entire time, once to ambush Yara, once when delivering Euron's captives, and a third time to ambush Greyworm. Also it's implied Dany still has ships in reserve, which is what they used to ferry the Dothraki troops to the mainland.

?????
In fairness, his entire fleet didn't need to go to KL, only his ship needed to. The rest of the fleet could've stayed outside of Blackwater Bay while he delivered his captives.

kc44135

They're either still holding Casterly Rock with no supplies or they're marching across Westeros with no supplies.
Lol, OK.
They burned their ships so they eventually will have to leave Casterly Rock since there's no food there. We have not been told if they left yet or are they still, it's not that the writers forgot, it's that it's supposed to be a mystery right now.

Yeah, I guess so. Idk, it's just wierd to have any specific plot just kind of stall like that when everything else is moving at a breakneck pace. I'm really undecided if the accelerated pace and reduced episode count this season is a good thing or not. On the on hand, things feel really rushed and even a tad sloppy at times. On the other hand, there's all kinds of epic shit going down every episode, and there's almost never a dull moment.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Dragons only died out 300 years ago, and there's hard physical evidence to corroborate the historic accounts (their bones, the ruins of Harrenhal). The WWs haven't been seen in millenia. They're creatures of myth.

Dragons didn't die out 300 years ago, but rather that Aegon conquered Westeros 300 years ago with dragons lol.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There's one plausible explanation for the Yara/Ellaria ambush, which is that when Euron first showed up in KL, he's been ranging the coasts between KL and Dorne a few weeks before Dany and friends arrived. This is how he managed to ambush Yara (Jaime/Cersei was expecting an expedition to Dorne already).

The rest is just straight up teleportation though. I assume the battle for Casterly Rock took a day because there's no evidence at all to the contrary and Euron showed up by the end of that day. There's another possibility of a fleet simply waiting near Casterly Rock waiting for the Unsullied to disembark before going after the ships. But I have to wonder why Cersei is bothering with these maneuvers when she could just blockade Dragonstone entirely.

So... Does anyone think they will make a big deal about Dany being Jons aunt when the eventual targaryen reveal comes or they gonna just brush it off to the side and downplay it, especially when they eventually bang and marry?

I dunno about that, but I can see Jon upgrading to his own dragon by the end of this season.

Something I've been thinking about recently. Was it ever said when Cersei and Jaime started their relationship? In their youth before Robert or after. I remember Cersei saying she was actually happy when she got promised to Robert but I'm not sure.

I recall her saying at some point that they've been screwing since they were young.

You mean Arya

Guessing Beric dies trying to hold off the wights and then top knot dies trying to revive him. Everyone else makes it back.

Someone else said it first, but I can see Beric being killed and Top Knot becoming faithful to Jon. The Lord of Light has already brought him back once.

Ah, I didn't think of that. I was thinking he was checking up on her because of her pregnancy but it's probably more likely that she was told about Tyrion.

I thought he was there giving info about Bronn/Tyrion, but my wife thought he said something like "is there anything I can get you" before he left, believing he was referring to the pregnancy.

They're basically trapped in Casterly Rock for now. Unless they march back across the land or Dany sends more ships to retrieve them.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I guess he's got some claim to the throne, being Robert Baratheon's blood. Watch Jon and Dany sacrifice it all for the Seven Kingdoms, only to pave a peaceful world for the kid to rule.

He has no claim to the throne due to being a bastard. The best he could hope for is a monarch legitimising him so he could become the boss dude of the Stormlands.

GoT is really becoming Hollywood with cliche romance and heroic scenes. Suckssssss!

There really hasn't been any cliche romance though, actually I don't even remember the last time there was any new romance.

This season all we've had was Missandei and Grey Worm but they've been building that shit up for years now. And Jaime/Cercei a couple times but that's nothing new.

Compared to what we used to get, it's nothing.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
GoT is really becoming Hollywood with cliche romance and heroic scenes. Suckssssss!
After the heroes have taken SOOOO many Ls in this series, seeing the fruits of all their efforts come to fruition is refreshing.

There really hasn't been any cliche romance though, actually I don't even remember the last time there was any new romance.

This season all we've had was Missandei and Grey Worm but they've been building that shit up for years now. And Jaime/Cercei a couple times but that's nothing new.

WalDXY2.jpg

CPYCpnX.jpg

But seriously, they're very attracted to each other.

Fanuilos

He has no claim to the throne due to being a bastard. The best he could hope for is a monarch legitimising him so he could become the boss dude of the Stormlands.

Hopefully this happens, but I don't think the show has mentioned the Stormlands for years. Maybe season 2.

Danny and Jon for sure...

I think GoT is going to crumble like Lost did. ☹️

After the heroes have taken SOOOO many Ls in this series, seeing the fruits of all their efforts come to fruition is refreshing.

WalDXY2.jpg

CPYCpnX.jpg

But seriously, they're very attracted to each other.

Isn't it true that close family members that have been separated from birth want to fuck the shit out of each other?

Danny and Jon for sure...

I think GoT is going to crumble like Lost did. ☹️

Dany and Jon hasn't even happened yet. I hope it doesn't but until it does I ain't complaining.

But there's no way this is going to crumble like Lost, Lost fell apart well before the end, quantity over quality. We're in the final stretch now and it would be hard for them to fuck it up at this point, and unlike Lost and most TV shows they're intentionally doing less instead of trying to squeeze filler episodes for money so hopefully quality over quantity.

Jombie

I really can't believe the hyperbole surrounding the two having feelings towards one another. The whole series has been leading up to it.

Top Bottom