• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
latest

RIP again CIA guy

5bJicYC.jpg

If he's not their then they're going to wonder where he is. Here he can play it off and convince them he's really dropping out.

So they wouldn't think he was up to something when Cersi has him up to something.

Did you miss the part where Cersei played everybody?

Did you watch the episode? Cersei tells Jaime she sent him to bring back an army.

Yeah, but Cercei didn't know what the meeting was for, right? Did she tell Euron to wing it and find an excuse to leave? What if Euron was actually scared of the zombie? What if Theon and Euron kept going on with their nonsense?

And like, what if Tyrion didn't go back to convince Cercei? That whole trick was super convoluted.

Eyeh4wk

I don't know how anyone thinks the sansa arya arc was garbage this season. It would have been better off just not having them be in this season much at all. It was pretty much filler

I wouldn't say garbage, more like pointless considering how doomed Westeros is.
Honestly though, I was just happy to see the Stark siblings (and Bran) interacting again.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
LF's end was satisfying for sure, but it's fucking BS that the lead-up to it included scenes like Arya holding a knife to Sansa for no reason other than to throw the audience off.

Littlefinger didn't see them. They don't make sense in hindsight in light of this new information. Those scenes are all just... stupid. Lazy. What a show worse than GoT does in order for a scene to have the tension the writers needed it to have.

I liked the finale a lot overall, besides that.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
"He needs to know."
"We need to tell him"

Which basically means that moment will be dragged out.

Also Tyrion is up to no good.

And "shipping" is the dumbest term I've ever heard. When did this catch on?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
LF's end was satisfying for sure, but it's fucking BS that the lead-up to it included scenes like Arya holding a knife to Sansa for no reason other than to throw the audience off.
I had understood it that Arya wanted to see Sansa's reaction, and by giving her the knife, acknowledged that they were on the same side. She could've killed Sansa right there if she wanted to.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
One thing that confused me about Cersei and Jamie's final scene that I'm hoping someone can clear up - Jamie says (paraphrasing) "Do it then - give the order to stop me/kill me" and she DOES - she nods. The Mountain then draws his sword, Jamie says "I don't believe you" and then... leaves?

Like... didn't Cersei just order it? What happened?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
This is so obvious, lost in all the hysteria I didn't even think of it, but Jaime going to Winterfell opens the door for Arya to take his face and kill Cersei.

I don't think the show is headed in that direction, but suddenly, it's way more possible than it was 24 hours ago.

Jon: So I'm still a bastard AND my father that I've always admired wasn't my real father?

Just like he told Theon. Ned was Theons real father....Jon will feel the same.

I legit do not think he cares about ruling or being a bastard or successor, he just wants to save the people from extinction.

I mean, debates about the actual content itself (I think Cersei is stupidly irredeemable and this pregnancy thing changing her entire outlook is already as cliche as her change after the haircut), I just think that having the same scene play out twice is just bad writing. If they wanted to bring that up by having her confront both her brothers, they should have found a way to create two different types of confrontations. Hell, maybe have Cersei aim a crossbow at Tyrion so that it at least looked different from the subsequent Jaime scene.

I think your wrong about the pregnancy thing Cersei used it to trick Tyrion into thinking she had changed enough to join them. And she tried to use it to make Jamie stay.

a916

I had understood it that Arya wanted to see Sansa's reaction, and by giving her the knife, acknowledged that they were on the same side. She could've killed Sansa right there if she wanted to.

Agreed. It would've been far less affective of a swerve when the trial was for LF and not Arya.

PixelatedBookake

One thing that confused me about Cersei and Jamie's final scene that I'm hoping someone can clear up - Jamie says (paraphrasing) "Do it then - give the order to stop me/kill me" and she DOES - she nods. The Mountain then draws his sword, Jamie says "I don't believe you" and then... leaves?

Yeah I was confused a bit at that scene too. I thought I was about to see Jaime's head get cut the fuck off.

Talon

The show has shown Brothers of the Night's Watch whoring in border towns, so it's not like boning is disallowed out of hand. Probably frowned upon but so is prostitution around us military bases yet that happens.

Lmao he's been waiting for this scene for a long time
I just don't know if I like it. They didn't even talk beforehand. Dany never acknowledges Jon as an equal. So is Jon just another Daario to her?

Petyr hinted at it but Petyr is dead. The last thing they mentioned about each other is him bending the knee and declaring her queen. She never offered him marriage, or to keep the title as King in the North...

It was a bluff to try and force Jamie to stay. She likely told the Mountain to never harm Jamie ever even under her own orders

Askani

Yeah, but Cercei didn't know what the meeting was for, right? Did she tell Euron to wing it and find an excuse to leave? What if Euron was actually scared of the zombie? What if Theon and Euron kept going on with their nonsense?

And like, what if Tyrion didn't go back to convince Cercei? That whole trick was super convoluted.

I thought Tyrion told Jamie in the meeting they had in KL. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Haha yeah I found that pretty funny

He really really wanted Jon to know his real last name was Sand

Welllllll

I would imagine some people in the North only follow him because they think he’s Ned’s son, legitimate or not. And they would REALLY not like that he’s half Targ. It’s important information, even if it’s not AS important as the real story

wandering

Banned
And why did he do that? And why did he keep this oath?

The reasons are the same. His writing is consistent.

He broke his oath in season 2 (and I'm not talking about sleeping with Ygritte, did y'all forget that he killed Qhorin Halfhand?) in order to survive and spy on the Wildings for the Night's Watch.

He kept his oath in this episode because of... some idealism about the sacred nature of promises and trust?

What kind of theme are you seeing?

Like his signature line is basically "Forget all your petty squabbles, the Night King is coming for us all." How does that square with his sudden need to be loyal to Dany?

Top Bottom