• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

FiggyCal

Banned
It's possible that Cersei told Robert Strong ahead of time to threaten Jaime, but to not actually kill him. I don't think there's a problem here.

MartyStu

I think the incest is less important to the forced drama we're going to get when Dany realizes she isn't heir. I was really hoping we would have 0 politics to fuck with next season.

0 politics? What would be the point?

And it is not forced at all. The show checking Dany is a long time coming.

jfkgoblue

"He needs to know."
"We need to tell him"

Which basically means that moment will be dragged out.

Also Tyrion is up to no good.

And "shipping" is the dumbest term I've ever heard. When did this catch on?
The inside the episode seems to indicate that they will find out pretty quickly, and Dany isn't gonna like the fact that he is the true heir.

kevin1025

Banned
Oh, yeah, conceptually I'm sure it existed much earlier! According to Wikipedia the specific term evolved out of 1996-1997 Usenet posts for X-Files, though.

I actually didn't know it started there! Lost felt like the show with the most shipping talk I've ever seen, haha.

I hope they get over the "bend the knee" business real quick. They are equals now.

I agree. And how the hell will Jon's family respond? "Sansa, Arya, Bran, so good to see you all! By the way, this is my girlfriend, Queen Daenerys and I think she's pregnant."

I think Arya will be loyal to Dany quickly because she loves Jon, especially if Dany is pregnant with Jon's child, she will want to protect Dany.

Sansa, I dunno, I think she would be annoyed that Jon didn't keep her updated with ravens "I haven't heard from Jon in weeks" she said in the previous episode

And Bran when he reveals everything, forget Jon & Dany's reactions what will the Northern lords think?

The Starks...really are all the family Dany has left. Jon is her nephew, Rhaegar married Lyanna, which means Sansa, Bran, and Arya are her in laws

FiggyCal

Banned
I agree. And how the hell will Jon's family respond? "Sansa, Arya, Bran, so good to see you all! By the way, this is my girlfriend, Queen Daenerys and I think she's pregnant."

I think Arya will be loyal to Dany quickly because she loves Jon, especially if Dany is pregnant with Jon's child, she will want to protect Dany.

Sansa, I dunno, I think she would be annoyed that Jon didn't keep her updated with ravens "I haven't heard from Jon in weeks" she said in the previous episode

And Bran when he reveals everything, forget Jon & Dany's reactions what will the Northern lords think?

The Starks...really are all the family Dany has left. Jon is her nephew, Rhaegar married Lyanna, which means Sansa, Bran, and Arya are her in laws

Right I think you and I are basically on the same page. My thing is that it might better if Jon doesn't know - better for him, Daenerys and the Northern Lords. I'm hoping Sam and Bran keep it to themselves, at least for a a while. I think Sam is a smart guy, once he knows they are pregnant, he'll do the right thing and keep it quiet.

i'm probably in the minority, but I think when Dany finds out that Jon is the rightful heir, she will back down and let it be so.
and when that time comes, he will ask her to be his wife soon after

Dude I think when she finds out he's not only a Targaryen but Rhaegar's son, she's gonna get turned on even more.

She's never known Rhaegar but is convinced that he was a good man and if she is with her brother's son, she's going to feel so happy inside that a piece of her brother is still on the earth, in the form of Jon, and she's never gonna wanna leave his sight after that.

jfkgoblue

I didn't even think of them being in-laws. That is good stuff.
Not really. Rhaegar is their uncle by marriage, but an uncle by marriage sister isn't really anything. I definitely don't consider my uncles by marriage siblings family or in laws.
Dude I think when she finds out he's not only a Targaryen but Rhaegar's son, she's gonna get turned on even more.

She's never known Rhaegar but is convinced that he was a good man and if she is with her brother's son, she's going to feel so happy inside that a piece of her brother is still on the earth, in the form of Jon, and she's never gonna wanna leave his sight after that.
No way she will like it, she has spent the last 6 years talking about her "birthright" that when she finds out that she has no birthright she will not be happy.

giphy.gif

Sunster

ok ok ok I know this is common knowledge among even casuals but can someone explain to me how Jon and Dany are not blood relatives? Or are they?

SIDE NOTE: was the washing of Theon's face supposed to be a rebirth by the drowned god of some sort? i know he had been reborn before in season 2, but he hardly earned it that time. this time he paid the iron price for it

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So with this marriage thing, if there were no witnesses except a kid who can see the future-past and an old diary, why would anyone believe them anyway?

i'm probably in the minority, but I think when Dany finds out that Jon is the rightful heir, she will back down and let it be so.
and when that time comes, he will ask her to be his wife soon after

I think so too. She was about restoring the Targaryen name to the its former glory.

Jon doesn't want to be king and would probably tell her, look at all she's done, she hasn't rebuilt the Targaryen name, she's built a new Targaryen imagine, etc...

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I am 100% convinced of something after this finale....you all write it down to my other prediction:

1) Jon will die. He doesn't want to be king, so finding out this news made me think he would turn it down. Combine pregnancy? Nah. He goes out, and leaves an heir with Dany.

2) Bran is still the old man 3 eyed raven from tree. One and the same.

sangreal

ok ok ok I know this is common knowledge among even casuals but can someone explain to me how Jon and Dany are not blood relatives? Or are they?

they are. she is his aunt

also Jon had another conversation this week about her being the last Targaryen without mentioning he knew aemon targaryen wtf

Zolo

So with this marriage thing, if there were no witnesses except a kid who can see the future-past and an old diary, why would anyone believe them anyway?

Technically, Howland Reed is still alive I believe. Bran also seems to be trusted already as well.

sangreal

They said last week or the week before that everyone trusts the citadel. Seems it would be as simple as asking them to look it up

with 6 episodes and the dead past the wall I doubt we will get much more character driven stuff anyway

redfox088

Banned
just because he can see doesn't mean he knows where to look
I don't know how to build a car engine from household appliances but can find out how to build a car engine with household appliances via YouTube. Same concept he can't know it if he doesn't have the desire to see it or the location of said information.

VeeP

I think what I'm looking forward to most next season is Dany meeting Ghost. Maybe we could get Ghost riding Drogon? Like Pikachu flying on Pidgeotto.

CokLcOyUsAA9z4D.jpg

wandering

Banned
You make it sound like it was just a white lie. We're talking about Jon turning his army against someone after he swore he wouldn't

Wasn't Cersei's demand that he stay neutral, not "turn his army against" Dany?

Huh?

Qhorin told Jon to kill him. No oath is broken there. He did what he said so that he could infiltrate the wildlings as a double agent for the Night's Watch. That was keeping his oath.

Jon cares about Dany very much and stood behind the oath he made to her. It wasn't a practical decision, he did it because he has feelings. The same reason he pursued Ygritte and broke that oath.

His stint with the Wildlings involved lying, lots of it. All of it for the "greater good." The exact thing he seemed so adamant against doing in this episode because of the "value of words" or whatever. I'll have to rewatch the scene but I recall that his refusal to comply wasn't even about his loyalty to Dany, it was about not being willing to lie.

He feels for Dany so much that he won't even lie to Cersei in order to fight against the army of the dead?

Kyoufu

Okay so here's the thing.

Can Dany really get preggers? Didn't Viserys rape her numerous times? That's what he implied during some of his scenes.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
A long time ago. Looks like The X-Files specifically. Which is to say you're yelling at clouds right now.

I'm barely a year older than the term apparently.

Proud to be cloud berater since it deserved in this case. XD

Top Bottom