• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Talon

Man, GRR and B/W have written Cersei to be a Men's Rights Activists greatest boogeyman with this turn of using a pregnancy to manipulate or lying about a pregnancy.

Anybody 'Shop Godzilla's head onto Viserion yet?

giphy.gif

Zolo

He broke his oath in season 2 (and I'm not talking about sleeping with Ygritte, did y'all forget that he killed Qhorin Halfhand?) in order to survive and spy on the Wildings for the Night's Watch.

He kept his oath in this episode because of... some idealism about the sacred nature of promises and trust?

What kind of theme are you seeing?

Hey. Nothing in the oath saying you can't kill other Night's watch members....plus, Qhorin would have been tortured to death and attacked Jon first.

I just don't know if I like it. They didn't even talk beforehand. Dany never acknowledges Jon as an equal. So is Jon just another Daario to her?

Petyr hinted at it but Petyr is dead. The last thing they mentioned about each other is him bending the knee and declaring her queen. She never offered him marriage, or to keep the title as King in the North...

i guess that's where Bran's dialogue comes in.
"and she loved him" when Dany opens the door.

HOLY SHIT! i just remembered when Dany's servant back in Vaes Dothrak (i forget her name) is showing her how to make love and she tells Dany "loves comes in at the eyes."

the last thing we see of Dany and Jon is them looking at each other deeply in the eyes.
she loves him

Askani

Why was Tyrion so worried/concerned when Dany and Jon were having sex? Was he worried about Jorah?

I took it as he's in love with her. It's in the back of his mind it won't happen but this is that slap in the face moment of actually knowing it will never happen.

FiggyCal

Banned
I just don't know if I like it. They didn't even talk beforehand. Dany never acknowledges Jon as an equal. So is Jon just another Daario to her?

Petyr hinted at it but Petyr is dead. The last thing they mentioned about each other is him bending the knee and declaring her queen. She never offered him marriage, or to keep the title as King in the North...

Lol come on man. I think that might've been the first tasteful sex scene in got in at least three seasons.

I took it as he's in love with her. It's in the back of his mind it won't happen but this is that slap in the face moment of actually knowing it will never happen.

Nope, he's been concerned since she flew North of the Wall.
He's concerned for her in that he hopes she isn't blinded by love.

Many rulers and would-be rulers fell to it.

KHarvey16

He broke his oath in season 2 (and I'm not talking about sleeping with Ygritte, did y'all forget that he killed Qhorin Halfhand?) in order to survive and spy on the Wildings for the Night's Watch.

He kept his oath in this episode because of... some idealism about the sacred nature of promises and trust?

What kind of theme are you seeing?

Like his signature line is basically "Forget all your petty squabbles, the Night King is coming for us all." How does that square with his sudden need to be loyal to Dany?

Qhorin told him to kill him.

zewone

So...I'm curious as the why RR Martin went with the incest storyline.

Does he want Jon to be consumed with guilt and disgust? The king taken down by a mental breakdown.

I think the incest is less important to the forced drama we're going to get when Dany realizes she isn't heir. I was really hoping we would have 0 politics to fuck with next season.

Now that we've seen the Dragon take the Wall down I really do think that theory that the Night King is also a Warg / Greenseer like Bran is probably legit

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
One thing that confused me about Cersei and Jamie's final scene that I'm hoping someone can clear up - Jamie says (paraphrasing) "Do it then - give the order to stop me/kill me" and she DOES - she nods. The Mountain then draws his sword, Jamie says "I don't believe you" and then... leaves?

Like... didn't Cersei just order it? What happened?
Qybern installed two step verification

FiggyCal

Banned

I think it was more of a "it's about time" type of thing. Tyrio, at least, understands the importance of marriage to politics.

LF's end was satisfying for sure, but it's fucking BS that the lead-up to it included scenes like Arya holding a knife to Sansa for no reason other than to throw the audience off.

Littlefinger didn't see them. They don't make sense in hindsight in light of this new information. Those scenes are all just... stupid. Lazy. What a show worse than GoT does in order for a scene to have the tension the writers needed it to have.

I liked the finale a lot overall, besides that.
Arya and Sansa never quite got along before Ned died either. But this time Arya wanted to test and see what Sansa was really trying to do, and did it involve backstabbing Jon Snow. Arya was right to distrust Sansa because of how close she was to Littlefinger. So she played the part LF wanted her to play. But when she handed her the dagger, it was clear that Arya realized Sansa was not scheming to pull the rug from under Jon Snow.

I think the incest is less important to the forced drama we're going to get when Dany realizes she isn't heir. I was really hoping we would have 0 politics to fuck with next season.

6 episodes, they can't waste time with more forced drama.
They might as well end it with Jon not knowing but since Bran is adamant about it :/.

kevin1025

Banned

I'm thinking we get three episodes of walkers vs main characters, three episodes to settle Cersei vs everyone plus reversal with Jon reveal.

BTA

And "shipping" is the dumbest term I've ever heard. When did this catch on?

A long time ago. Looks like The X-Files specifically. Which is to say you're yelling at clouds right now.

I'm barely a year older than the term apparently.

One thing that confused me about Cersei and Jamie's final scene that I'm hoping someone can clear up - Jamie says (paraphrasing) "Do it then - give the order to stop me/kill me" and she DOES - she nods. The Mountain then draws his sword, Jamie says "I don't believe you" and then... leaves?

It was a bluff. Cersei told Mountain that when she says do it, just draw sword, but dont swing it. Jaime called the bluff.

i guess that's where Bran's dialogue comes in.
"and she loved him" when Dany opens the door.

HOLY SHIT! i just remembered when Dany's servant back in Vaes Dothrak (i forget her name) is showing her how to make love and she tells Dany "loves comes in at the eyes."

the last thing we see of Dany and Jon is them looking at each other deeply in the eyes.
she loves him
I think she loves him. But I don't know if she wants to marry him and have him be her King.

Like...I don't want Jon addressing her as "your grace" - she's his woman, it would just be better to call her something endearing instead.
Lol come on man. I think that might've been the first tasteful sex scene in got in at least three seasons.
Hey don't get me wrong, I've been wanting this waaay back before I knew anything; when I knew nothing lol but it could've been done better. Bran didn't have to voiceover it...they could've kept it silent like the r+l=j reveal last season

kevin1025

Banned
A long time ago. Looks like The X-Files specifically. Which is to say you're yelling at clouds right now.

I'm barely a year older than the term apparently.

It existed before then, even, but maybe the term wasn't invented yet. Moonlighting was the big one back in the day (which is around when I was born, haha).

FiggyCal

Banned
I think she loves him. But I don't know if she wants to marry him and have him be her King.

Like...I don't want Jon addressing her as "your grace" - she's his woman, it would just be better to call her something endearing instead.

Hey don't get me wrong, I've been wanting this waaay back before I knew anything; when I knew nothing lol but it could've been done better. Bran didn't have to voiceover it...they could've kept it silent like the r+l=j reveal last season

I hope they get over the "bend the knee" business real quick. They are equals now.

KHarvey16

And? Dany wanted him to lie.

Again, what's the consistency that you see?

Huh?

Qhorin told Jon to kill him. No oath is broken there. He did what he said so that he could infiltrate the wildlings as a double agent for the Night's Watch. That was keeping his oath.

Jon cares about Dany very much and stood behind the oath he made to her. It wasn't a practical decision, he did it because he has feelings. The same reason he pursued Ygritte and broke that oath.

VeeP

Basically she still had to give the order kill him. Kind of like a "Ready, Aim, Fire". She gave the nod for the aim but not the go ahead do it.

BTA

It existed before then, even, but maybe the term wasn't invented yet. Moonlighting was the big one back in the day (which is around when I was born, haha).

Oh, yeah, conceptually I'm sure it existed much earlier! According to Wikipedia the specific term evolved out of 1996-1997 Usenet posts for X-Files, though.

i'm probably in the minority, but I think when Dany finds out that Jon is the rightful heir, she will back down and let it be so.
and when that time comes, he will ask her to be his wife soon after

Top Bottom