• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

duckroll

All I ask for in S8 is one sequence in the big battle where Ghost and Nymeria's pack charges together, and Bran uses his super powers to call upon the family legacy, and the pack is joined by spirit versions of all the dead wolves as they break through the white Walkers and take down a giant.

And when this is happening, Jon turns to Dany and says, "There is a time for dragons, and... A Time for Wolves." then he winks at the camera and it cuts to the Starks banner flapping in the wind.

JimiNutz

Banned
Everything is going to plan.

- Jon is going to finally 'die' and join the Night King (or replace him as their new ruler).
- Danny will lose another Dragon (to the Night King Dragon) and it will be glorious to see.
- Danny will be forced to flee and try to live out winter on the Island. It will be her only chance of survival.
- Winter is here, Winterfell will fall, Kings Landing will be overrun, everyone we love will perish, the dead will win.

Long live the the Dead.

Danny and Jons son will return to Westeros 20 years later to try and finally kill his Father (Jon) and end Winter.

wandering

Banned
You're not willing to look past the surface here. Yes, he said lying was bad and yet he lied before. First your position assumes he can't change as a character and secondly, as I've been saying, this desire to keep an oath is inspired by his feelings for Dany. As a character he has always been motivated by romantic feelings when they're present, even and especially when it meant doing something that wasn't practical.

I see it more as flanderization than consistent writing, which is honestly a problem that's affected most of the characters in the show. Jon was never so honorable nor so smitten so as to forget his greater goal, even with Ygritte.

Nafai1123

Banned
They played that hand earlier, I don't think he goes back on it after Jon's conversation. He might not kill Euron and save Yara but at least he will die as Theon Greyjoy son of Ned and not Reek.

Euron might not even be there when they go save Yara in the Iron Islands. Could be an easy rescue.

Macka

Littlefinger's death was incredibly disappointing. Dude deserved a much better downfall than that. Can't say I was surprised given how terrible everything at Winterfell has been this season. Hell...how terrible everything has been this season.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Did they really use Vyserys' actor to play Rhaegar Targaryan or was that just someone who looked just like him?

Anyway, by far the best episode of the season. Mainly because they used the primary GoT formula and didn't rush things but took their time for the dialogues and everything.

Random thought: is the a time limit for WW resurrecting wights?

That there are wight skeletons, I mean, I don't think the wights are decomposing after risen. So in theory every corpse in Westeros is a potential risk unless burnt. Makes we wonder if we'll see wight Littlefinger or any of the fresher deaths.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
They better make sure they burn Littlefinger's body or we're gonna get a Baelish wight... without a face because Arya took it.

EmiPrime

I'm glad the Starks were playing the long con.

The Theon fight scene was cartoonish. It really feels like the show has lost its teeth sometimes.

jfkgoblue

Wouldn't they want for them to join houses? Don't get why he's so worried - he's been wrong about almost everything this season, anyway.
The theory is that he promised Cersei that her child would be Dany's heir and if Jon inevitably knocks her up, that throws a wrench into said plan.

rec0ded1

So did Tyrion finding out Cersei is pregnant spark his loyalty to family and is now on team Lannister again? It would explain why he bummed out under the stairs while Jon walks into the room.

I wonder if John finds out his heritage when the undead dragon fire doesn't hurt him. They're going to set it up like he's toast and then he just walks out of it.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Wouldn't they want for them to join houses? Don't get why he's so worried - he's been wrong about almost everything this season, anyway.

Tyrion's reaction only makes sense if he wanted and assumed Dany would name him her heir. And now he is worried that Dany and Jon will in fact produce their own heir. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. Tyrion was already talking to Dany about Jon liking her, so why would that make him upset?

Er, is Tyrion jealous of Jon?

He looked so sad when he saw Jon go in for the SEX! Oh my god, they had sex.

I am pretty sure Jorah would kill himself

UberLevi

Littlefinger's death was incredibly disappointing. Dude deserved a much better downfall than that. Can't say I was surprised given how terrible everything at Winterfell has been this season. Hell...how terrible everything has been this season.

He deserved something better than the three stark children serving as judge, jury, and executioner after outplaying him in the game? And what about Arya slitting his throat with his own dagger when he himself held a dagger to the throat of Ned all the way back in Season 1? Shit was so satisfying, especially when you think about how many times people have grabbed Baelish by the neck throughout the show and threatened to kill him only for him to weasel out of it.

200w.gif

Surfinn

The writers totally had me going there, I thought for sure Arya was gonna have to kill her way out of there. The Jaime scene had me clenching my booty hole, too.
Dude.

"I don't believe you"

Was one of the best GoT moments

This episode was fucking classic

By the way, I just realized.... why do they want Cersei to join them again?

I mean, why don't they just completely ignore her, and then team up together to take on the dead with their (would be) 3 dragons?

Or is the Lannister army that big?

Tyrion's reaction only makes sense if he wanted and assumed Dany would name him her heir. And now he is worried that Dany and Jon will in fact produce their own heir. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. Tyrion was already talking to Dany about Jon liking her, so why would that make him upset?

I like this take on it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=247145566&postcount=12136

I mean, why don't they just completely ignore her, and then team up together to take on the dead with their (would be) 3 dragons?

It's a truce, to stop the war until the dead are defeated. Without it, they've got an enemy coming at them from the North, and another one potentially coming at them from The South...Which is exactly what is happening anyway.

A cease fire sort of thing, and it definitely helps to have the Lannister army.

Dude.

"I don't believe you"

Was one of the best GoT moments

This episode was fucking classic

And then he left KL alone without Lannister gear, covering his golden hand.
He's like a hedge knight roaming the land in search of redemption.

Been waiting for Jaime to wise up.
It's also cool how last season he came back to KL to see the city burning, now he leaves and it's snowing lol.

televator

The wall came down so easily. I'm starting to think the NK did somehow did have the foresight to wait for Dany to deliver a dragon.

Winterfell shenanigans have been salvaged. Wish they had written that more cleverly.

Bran's exposition on Jon was terrible. Did they say Jon's name was Aegon?

I fucking called it on Jaime and Cersie
Jaime be like: OK we totally gotta help these guys in the North.

Cersie be like: OK we're totally killing these guys.

Jaime: WUT
Cersie is a buffoon. Don't know how people defend her.

Looks like team incest has won the day. lol Jon smashed his aunt. High chance Dany dies next season. Also possible that Jon makes her preggers because he got that LoL magic seed to cancel out Dany's curse. If that happens, then both Dany and Jon (err...Aegon) die and their son/daughter becomes ruler of the world... and is very strong in the force. :p

Pffffffffft

You can't be worrying about an army of the undead AND a brutal dictator with a sizable army against you

Top Bottom