• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Zyzyxxz

The entire reason littlefinger's plot failed is because of theon and jon.

Littlefinger successfully fucked the starks, stannis and tyrells due to his fuckery.

If theon didn't help sansa escape and jon didn't come back and fight, littlefinger had already planned to wipe out the boltons with the vale with cersei.

The idea was he'd consolidate control of the north with that move. But the starks messed that plan up which forced him to try to politick his way into victory.

That's why if jon and theon plot didn't happen, littlefinger was just cersei's death away from the iron throne.

Hmm thats right, I felt like that plotline ran for way too many seasons until the present day in which I forgot why he was even scheming in the first place? Totally forgot about his ambitions to become warden of the North.

Vectorman

Banned
I just hope they don't waste too much time on the inevitable "When Dany finds out Jon is the true heir, it makes her insecure and creates tension between them, which hurts their unity in fighting the White Walkers" storyline next season.

I mean let's be honest here, Jon will not be cool with it lol. He's gonna be all honorable and be like, 'I can't fuck you Auntie. I don't wanna be King of everything and be an incest boy." But maybe they'll do the thing of 'I don't care who you are! I love you and that's that.'

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Shitty how the show forgot completely about the Direwolves, did a Ghost even get a single scene this season?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Littlefinger thrived within King's Landing and among the power-hungry. How powerful is his silver tongue and conniving among a society that values honor, oaths, and historical tradition and is built on a history of duty, rebellion, and independent spirit over back-stabbings and shifting alliances

Littlefinger was done the moment he set foot in a Stark-controlled Winterfell

More specifically, Littlefinger was done the moment Bran became the 3 Eyed Raven. You can't manipulate and out-scheme everyone when someone exists who can see the past and visions of the present and even future. Immediately negates his biggest strength and skill, and takes away the secrets buried that were keeping him alive.

jviggy43

I just hope they don't waste too much time on the inevitable "When Dany finds out Jon is the true heir, it makes her insecure and creates tension between them, which hurts their unity in fighting the White Walkers" storyline next season.

people on other forums are literally trying to tell me it would be in character for him to fight her for the iron throne, Jon doesn't even want to be king of the north and has said so several times over. How can you be so out of touch with one of the most fleshed out characters on this show? Literally makes me mad people think he'll all of a sudden decide he wants to rule the seven kingdoms when he doesnt even want to rule one,

I mean i guarantee the god damn writers are going to use easy conflict to take up screen time with this but its so absurd.

Kyoufu

Wtf? Nowhere in the show has it ever said that Visery's raped Dany. She was a virgin until her wedding night. Was Visery's bitch made? Absolutely but did he rape his sister. No. "Waking the dragon" was just his insecure ass way of saying "don't make me angry".

Calm down. He was touching her in their first scene so the possibility of a mentally unstable man who inherited the mad king's mental instability made me wonder.

Anyway I wonder if it's true that Daenerys can't conceive children. If that's the case then it's up to Aegon to continue the family bloodline.

Vectorman

Banned
So here's the real thing that could occur. Perhaps Sansa and Arya aren't cool with Dany and with Jon being the rightful heir, they might be not fully behind Dany. That might lead to tension there for sure.

jviggy43

How are they going to explain how Tormund & Berric lived when they were on the top of the wall when it collapsed?

No one of importance dies anymore. Most likely he found a small puddle of water and took refuge in it and next season will start with him lifting his face out of it, five miles away from the collapse.

zewone

I mean let's be honest here, Jon will not be cool with it lol. He's gonna be all honorable and be like, 'I can't fuck you Auntie. I don't wanna be King of everything and be an incest boy." But maybe they'll do the thing of 'I don't care who you are! I love you and that's that.'
Dany is going to be pregnant. Jon will be drawn back into the relationship by this.
Shitty how the show forgot completely about the Direwolves, did a Ghost even get a single scene this season?

They upgraded the CGI budged to dragons.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
How are they going to explain how Tormund & Berric lived when they were on the top of the wall when it collapsed?

Aye he's made O sturdy stoff.

Seriously, I'll be surprised if the first shot of season 8 isn't him bursting though the rubble, gasping for air.

Servbot24

Banned
Well that was a pretty fun season, way better than last to me. But I don't really know much about the world and am the type to forget who everyone is by the time the new season starts.

zewone

So if Tormund and all those other knights of the watch survived, why wouldn't the undead army or the night king try and kill them and just keep on truckin'?

tumblr_inline_ovdi7d6iyo1qeanlb_540.jpg

So the thing about seasons lasting for several years, that's just a Westeros thing, right? If that's the case then aren't all the people in Esso's safe from the white walkers?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
people on other forums are literally trying to tell me it would be in character for him to fight her for the iron throne, Jon doesn't even want to be king of the north and has said so several times over. How can you be so out of touch with one of the most fleshed out characters on this show? Literally makes me mad people think he'll all of a sudden decide he wants to rule the seven kingdoms when he doesnt even want to rule one,

I mean i guarantee the god damn writers are going to use easy conflict to take up screen time with this but its so absurd.

I don't think he will fight her for the throne, but I think his people will push for him to take the throne.. IF they find out the secret, and IF they still accept him as their king since hs has Targaryen blood. If they still accept him as one of them, guarantee you they will push for him to take the throne since he's the true heir, and even if Jon doesn't agree, he will be conflicted. Won't want to hurt Dany or his family. And Dany will be embittered because she will view him as a threat to her, unless she's so in love she doesn't care. But she is immature, she has snapped at Tyrion and other counsel many times.

lmaooooo

Great fucking episode. Lets go 2019, I'll be ready for that GoT. Whoever said the show might kill NK and then go back to politics of the main characters mighta been right. Seven hells!

Also Sansa came through. With Arya. Beautiful.

Even the writers have been #TeamNightKing since the beginning. No way they're going to kill him.

nubbe

Calm down. He was touching her in their first scene so the possibility of a mentally unstable man who inherited the mad king's mental instability made me wonder.

Anyway I wonder if it's true that Daenerys can't conceive children. If that's the case then it's up to Aegon to continue the family bloodline.

The scene in the dragon pit makes it seem like they are going with a "eh, the witch was probably full of shit"

Dany will likely be pregnant next season
even though Daario smashed Dany while they were in Meereen

jviggy43

I don't think he will fight her for the throne, but I think his people will push for him to take the throne.. IF they find out the secret, and IF they still accept him as their king since hs has Targaryen blood. If they still accept him as one of them, guarantee you they will push for him to take the throne since he's the true heir, and even if Jon doesn't agree, he will be conflicted. Won't want to hurt Dany or his family. And Dany will be embittered because she will view him as a threat to her, unless she's so in love she doesn't care. But she is immature, she has snapped at Tyrion and other counsel many times.

see I can buy that for sure. What I can't buy is jon as a character actually wanting the throne or creating conflict over it.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
So here's the real thing that could occur. Perhaps Sansa and Arya aren't cool with Dany and with Jon being the rightful heir, they might be not fully behind Dany. That might lead to tension there for sure.

Who gives a fuck about the Iron Throne? Arya and Sansa are going to march with their little bandit of Northern men and take KL? No they're not lol. Plus, Dany saved Jon's life, why would they hate her? LF mentioned a marriage alliance, Jon mentioned to Dany that the witch might have been lying to her. I'm almost 100% confident Dany is getting pregnant, and that's the new heir.

The Targaryen family wasn't exactly popular with the North, and without Dany's forces, Jon can't wage a war of conquest against the Lannisters and the Golden Company. The North doesn't even care about the south, so the idea that the Northern lords would even want to make a play for Westeros is ridiculous to me.

Also, that's Tyriom sulking in the corner felt so weird to me.

I think lot of characters going to die next season. If you kill off everyone now who will be left to fight the WW. There arent many characters left in the show anyway.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
setting yourself up for disappointment

They played that hand earlier, I don't think he goes back on it after Jon's conversation. He might not kill Euron and save Yara but at least he will die as Theon Greyjoy son of Ned and not Reek.

duckroll

All I ask for in S8 is one sequence in the big battle where Ghost and Nymeria's pack charges together, and Bran uses his super powers to call upon the family legacy, and the pack is joined by spirit versions of all the dead wolves as they break through the white Walkers and take down a giant.

jfkgoblue

It's been foreshadowed to almost certainty that Jon will knock Dany up.

zewone

If the Night King's goal isn't to kill all living humans, than what is his goal?

I don't see why he would leave men alive at the "Wall".

Littlefinger thrived within King's Landing and among the power-hungry. How powerful is his silver tongue and his conniving among a society that values honor, oaths, and historical tradition and is built on a history of duty, rebellion, and independent spirit over back-stabbings and shifting alliances

Littlefinger was done the moment he set foot in a Stark-controlled Winterfell

Exactly

El-Suave

Apart from Theon's ridiculous "Eunuch Power!" fight scene and the usual movie trope of heroes probably surviving what they couldn't durvive at the Wall, I can't think of too many complaints.
Edit: Yay, we'll probably get combat elephants next season!

Gleethor

Is the final season confirmed for 2019? I was hoping it would be next year! Why the long wait for such a short season?

It is not confirmed and I have no idea why people keep parroting the idea like it's gospel.

Filming starts in October, which likely means (but doesn't guarantee) we're looking at a Fall 2018 premiere date for season 8

GreyWind

Is the final season confirmed for 2019? I was hoping it would be next year! Why the long wait for such a short season?

According to an article I just read they hinted a '19 release.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, HBO programming chief Casey Bloys hinted that the eighth season (only six episodes long) might not air until 2019. Discussing why showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss aren’t going to be involved in any spinoff series in a major way, Bloys said, “By the time the final season airs, Dan and David will have been at this for 12 years.” Though Weiss and Benioff first met Martin in 2006, HBO didn’t order the pilot of Game of Thrones until November 2008, and production didn’t begin until October 2009. It’s not clear where Bloys is measuring from, but to me the math looks a little depressing.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/2/15731682/hbo-game-of-thrones-season-8-2019-speculation

Top Bottom