• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

By the way, I just realized.... why do they want Cersei to join them again?

I mean, why don't they just completely ignore her, and then team up together to take on the dead with their (would be) 3 dragons?

Or is the Lannister army that big?

I believe their original intent was not for help, but not to be a pest as they were fighting in the north. Dany having all her forces go north opens the south up.

Why did Tyrion have that look of disgruntled in his face when he saw Jon and Dany in the room together?

I'm guessing either he too has hidden love for Dany a la Jorah or might he assume that the whole reason Jon chose to pledge to Dany
(which Tyrion didn't find out until the meeting in King's Landing)
is because he (Jon) loves her, which in turn could get in the way of bigger objectives later on.

Why did Tyrion have that look of disgruntled in his face when he saw Jon and Dany in the room together?

I'm guessing either he too has hidden love for Dany a la Jorah or might he assume that the whole reason Jon chose to pledge to Dany
is because he (Jon) loves her, which in turn could get in the way of bigger objectives later on.
Tyrion was still in King's Lands for when the aftermath of the Red Wedding was going on. He knows exactly what this kind of thing can lead to

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
"Shit, these two kids who are in charge of the only army defending humanity from the dead are falling head over heels for each other at a critical point in time."

mfw everyone stars fucking when the world is dying
pXBQD3r.png

NolbertoS

I thought Tyrion was disappointed that Dany is letting her personal ambitions be governed by romance with Jon Snow, which could become a liability. Just the way he was staring for long means he's disappointed that both are having a romance during thr Great War and the old saying "Romance makes people have weaknesses which could be exploited by there enemies.

The entire reason littlefinger's plot failed is because of theon and jon.

Littlefinger successfully fucked the starks, stannis and tyrells due to his fuckery.

If theon didn't help sansa escape and jon didn't come back and fight, littlefinger had already planned to wipe out the boltons with the vale with cersei.

The idea was he'd consolidate control of the north with that move. But the starks messed that plan up which forced him to try to politick his way into victory.

That's why if jon and theon plot didn't happen, littlefinger was just cersei's death away from the iron throne.

Would have been nice for Littlefinger to interact with Theon and show some resent then

The premises are still kind of stretching it, but the difference between this episode and the last was all of the great actors were back and fucking killing it. Cersei Jaime, and Tyrion were all great. And unlike the awful Jon and somewhat lame Tormund death fakeouts last week this week I was legitimately scared for Tyrion and Jaime. Yes they were still fakeouts, but at least I felt like they were in real danger, and they survived thanks to a complex character making a choice rather than pure plot armor.

Good finale, looking forward to the last season. Hope the Lannister kids survive, because Jon Dany and the Night King trying to carry this show acting wise would be rough.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
The wall came down so easily. I'm starting to think the NK did somehow did have the foresight to wait for Dany to deliver a dragon.
It doesnt mean much but in the intro to the show when Eastwatch comes up you can see fissures in the wall bulging out. im guessing that point was chosen for the breach because of seismic activity weakening the wall.

i cant remember if it was Maester Aemon or if it was in the DVD commentary lore tracks but i do remember there being talk about how all the dozens of castles on the wall only three are garrisoned at all and maintenance on the wall itself hasnt happened in centuries.

jfkgoblue

Now that I think about it, Jon, the Song of Ice and Fire, will end up sitting on the Iron Throne. His entire arc has been being thrust higher and higher up into positions of power but not desiring it. Dany will die in childbirth to parallel her giving her child's life for her dragons birth, with her giving her own life for her child's life.

GRRM has stated in the past that he loved Tolkien's scour of the shire, so the Others will probably be defeated in episode 4 or 5 and the finale will be Jon leading his army to finish off Cersei.

I believe their original intent was not for help, but not to be a pest as they were fighting in the north. Dany having all her forces go north opens the south up.

What do you "opens the south up"?

Couldn't Dany and her forces just said "alright, we're pulling out and going north to finish this fight first"?

Im not understanding why they would feel threatened by Lannisters since they'd be south

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It doesnt mean much but in the intro to the show when Eastwatch comes up you can see fissures in the wall bulging out. im guessing that point was chosen for the breach because of seismic activity weakening the wall.

i cant remember if it was Maester Aemon or if it was in the DVD commentary lore tracks but i do remember there being talk about how all the dozens of castles on the wall only three are garrisoned at all and maintenance on the wall itself hasnt happened in centuries.

It's mentioned a few times in the show, especially when anyone talks about the Wall and the Castles.

Now that I think about it, Jon, the Song of Ice and Fire, will end up sitting on the Iron Throne. His entire arc has been being thrust higher and higher up into positions of power but not desiring it. Dany will die in childbirth to parallel her giving her child's life for her dragons birth, with her giving her own life for her child's life.

GRRM has stated in the past that he loved Tolkien's scour of the shire, so the Others will probably be defeated in episode 4 or 5 and the finale will be Jon leading his army to finish off Cersei.

It would be really weird in my opinion, to have this incredibly huge world-ending evil force, that has binded the show from the start, and that encompasses the supernatural nature of the show's universe... to be killed off mid season.

And if Cersei really is the final bad guy, then she really still needs to do something nasty.

She had her chance to kill Jamie in such a dishonourable way just now.

Everything is going to plan.

- Jon is going to finally 'die' and join the Night King (or replace him as their new ruler).
- Danny will lose another Dragon (to the Night King Dragon) and it will be glorious to see.
- Danny will be forced to flee and try to live out winter on the Island. It will be her only chance of survival.
- Winter is here, Winterfell will fall, Kings Landing will be overrun, everyone we love will perish, the dead will win.

Long live the the Dead.

Danny and Jons son will return to Westeros 20 years later to try and finally kill his Father (Jon) and end Winter.

The dead winning is actually the good guys winning. They cleanse the land of evil. It will be back to the age of the First Men.

The witch said that to give a life one must be taken. She already lost a dragon....

UberLevi

isn't incest frowned upon, what will people do when they find out

Jaime and Cersei's whole purpose of their relationship on the show was to teach us that sometimes incest is okay by the time they officially unveiled Jon x Dany, lol. That's why Jaime leaves Cersei literally moments before Jon and Dany's sex scene. Their work together was done.

Jarmel

Banned
All I ask for in S8 is one sequence in the big battle where Ghost and Nymeria's pack charges together, and Bran uses his super powers to call upon the family legacy, and the pack is joined by spirit versions of all the dead wolves as they break through the white Walkers and take down a giant.
Don't forget the dragon vs. dragon action happening above.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It would be really weird in my opinion, to have this incredibly huge world-ending evil force, that has binded the show from the start, and that encompasses the supernatural nature of the show's universe... to be killed off mid season.

And if Cersei really is the final bad guy, then she really still needs to do something nasty.

She had her chance to kill Jamie in such a dishonourable way just now.

If word gets out to the public about Jon you can bet your ass she's going to make a move against him. If he manages to beat back the Night King he'll be the guy that saved the world and the true-born king of Westeros. She can't expect to have a solid grasp on power if he survives the war, even if he wants the throne people will want it for him.

I can't imagine Dany being overjoyed at this news either. She'll take it better than Cersei for sure, but it's definitely going to make their little romance complicated as hell.

Fox Mulder

Littlefinger's death was incredibly disappointing. Dude deserved a much better downfall than that. Can't say I was surprised given how terrible everything at Winterfell has been this season. Hell...how terrible everything has been this season.

It was obvious they were playing him so I'm glad it was finally over. Boring scenes the whole time.

If word gets out to the public about Jon you can bet your ass she's going to make a move against him. If he manages to beat back the Night King he'll be the guy that saved the world and the true-born king of Westeros. She can't expect to have a solid grasp on power if he survives the war, even if he wants the throne people will want it for him.

I can't imagine Dany being overjoyed at this news either. She'll take it better than Cersei for sure, but it's definitely going to make their little romance complicated as hell.

Does being the queen really matter that much to her?

Besides, they'd be ruling together

Now that all of the major political intrigue characters are dead now the show is going to be generic high fantasy next season.

I miss the subtlety of the earlier seasons.

There were many tense scenes in this episode. My body couldn't take the scene between Jaime and Cersei. I was convinced he was just about to die.

I'm so glad Jon x Dany happened!

Amazing season. The next two years will be long.

Maximo

Littlefinger's death was incredibly disappointing. Dude deserved a much better downfall than that. Can't say I was surprised given how terrible everything at Winterfell has been this season. Hell...how terrible everything has been this season.

A diseased rat deserves to die like one.

Jarmel

Banned
Those Tyrion scenes, when Dany and Jon were having sex, was amazingly awkward. What exactly was the director trying to portray?

Surfinn

And then he left KL alone without Lannister gear, covering his golden hand.
He's like a hedge knight roaming the land in search of redemption.

Been waiting for Jaime to wise up.
It's also cool how last season he came back to KL to see the city burning, now he leaves and it's snowing lol.

Damn.

I gotta watch this episode again, I missed a bunch of shit sitting in awe like a dummy

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

And what army does Jon have that can win him the Iron Throne against Cersei Lannister, her house armies, and the Golden Company? Y'all are acting like Jon and the North can just roll south and take the Iron Throne. They can't. Jon just mentioned that they've got more people living in KL than the entire north. Not to mention the Northern forces would be heavily decimated by the time they win that war. No Dothraki, and no Unsullied (why would either side with Jon over Dany), means that Cersei flicks the Jon's Northern forces off like flies.

They'll be no conflict between Jon and Dany. Book it.

Vectorman

Banned
Those Tyrion scenes, when Dany and Jon were having sex, was amazingly awkward. What exactly was the director trying to portray?

Couldn't they have had a scene where our main man the Onion Knight was hyping up Jon to go have sex with Dany. I would have loved Davos getting some dialogue.

Out of curiosity, how do they film those sex scenes?

Are Danaerys and Jon both totally naked?

They basically are. Usually they have a thin flesh-colored article to cover themselves that can't be noticed. I know Lena Headey used a body double for the Walk of Shame. But I think Emilia Clarke always does her own scenes.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Does being the queen really matter that much to her?

Besides, they'd be ruling together

She had that whole spiel about her desire to rule Westeros being the thing guiding her through all the hardship she's been through earlier in the season. She's no one's second banana. She gets what she wants and this could complicate that.

And what army does Jon have that can win him the Iron Throne against Cersei Lannister, her house armies, and the Golden Company? Y'all are acting like Jon and the North can just roll south and take the Iron Throne. They can't. Jon just mentioned that they've got more people living in KL than the entire north. They'll be no conflict between Jon and Dany. Book it.

I'm not saying he'll roll south. Imagine this: your a peasant in King's Landing (or anywhere else) or a lord somewhere and you hear about how the King in the North saved the world from an army of the dead. Then you hear he's actually the true-born king of Westeros. Now you've got Cersei on the throne and she's got no issues with killing random people to sure up her power base. She rules exclusively through fear while this KitN has people following him because they respect him and he's willing to die for people he's never met. You think Cersei is going to have an easy time ruling the Seven Kingdoms so long as Jon's alive? With every lord and peasant in the kingdom knowing there's someone a billion times better up North who can take the throne?

She's gonna try and have his ass assassinated for sure.

Top Bottom