• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
intensely dirty and creepy

giphy.gif

Someone add LF for maximum fuckery

well she said she will die in westeros and that she will meet arya again

other than that who knows. Six episodes doesn't leave room for much outside the great war

i really dont think the showrunners even know what they're doing. 6 episodes. Now granted, we know they'll have a longer run time.

Surfinn

Man, that LF scene was a top 5 moment for me. Fucking classic.

That was an incredible season and finale. A little clunky with the pacing in the beginning but MAN

GoT the best show on TV by a mile.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
So annoyed by the arya/sansa plotline. I'm so glad it's over, but what a shitty way to end littlefinger. His whole sceming amounted to nothing at all.

But that's what's great about it. All his scheming caught up to him. The schemer was out-schemed. His machinations were cynical and done for the sake of scheming. He had lost sight of having any goal or ideals. So It was inevitable. He had an impressive run though.

Goodstyle

Even though Cersei's basically heartless by this point, it's so clear that she doesn't have what it takes to directly kill either of her brothers.

Trouble

Banned
Two Northmen were sitting on top of a hill that overlooked Winterfell. During a break in the conversation, one man lets out a sigh as he's looking down at the castle, and his friend asks him what's wrong.
"Look at that castle down there." he replied. "I captured in in the battle of the bastards. But do they call me Jon Snow, Lord of Winterfell? No."
"The lords of the North were so inspired they declared me King. And do they call me...Jon Snow, King in the North? No."
He pauses, and looks over at his friend. "But fuck your own aunt ONE time."

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
What role do you guys think Melisandre will play? You know she's coming back. She admitted as much in her visions to Varys.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Man, that LF scene was a top 5 moment for me. Fucking classic.

That was an incredible season and finale. A little clunky with the pacing in the beginning but MAN

GoT the best show on TV by a mile.

The writers totally had me going there, I thought for sure Arya was gonna have to kill her way out of there. The Jaime scene had me clenching my booty hole, too.

Yeah but Viserys raping her was before he sold her to Drogo. Did she not get pregnant from those times?

Viserys was messed up. :/

When he told her "You don't to awaken the dragon do you?" Implying that the dragon was his cock, pretty much. Then in a later episode when she invites him for supper he gets mad and calls her a slut then says she has awakened the dragon and is about to rape her before she wacks him in the head.

And ruin the price he'd fetch from a virgin targaryen? no he just whipped her.

Volimar

What role do you guys think Melisandre will play? You know she's coming back. She admitted as much in her visions to Varys.

The same visions that showed Stannis being the prince who was promised? I mean they probably will have her come back and meet Arya etc. but she's not the most reliable vision lady.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Man, I really enjoyed this episode. This episode was more like classic GoT and not like every other episode this season. Every scene was dripping with tension between characters. (Only unbelievable one was Theon's fight imo.) Warping is fine as long as the character interactions are all there, and they are. Shame the middle of the season sagged like it did.

Kyoufu

The writers totally had me going there, I thought for sure Arya was gonna have to kill her way out of there. The Jaime scene had me clenching my booty hole, too.

My thoughts during that scene:

"She can't be that stupid can she? She's totally getting played by Littlefinger! She's your sister damm- oh, nice!"

Zyzyxxz

Dam I wasn't happy with the way Littlefinger's story ends. After all his scheming and moves he makes in the back it ends so anti-climatically.

This is the guy who brought us "chaos is a ladder" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxlIraEV8n4

After that speach I thought of him as someone who would stay steps ahead of his enemies.

He was suppose to be the most dangerous man in Westeros and once he had an army it would solidify his position.

But is it me or did his plotline seemed to have ended out of insignificance? Because in the grand scheme of things his powerplay meant little compared to what Dany and Cersei were capable of and the threat of the army of the undead? I thought it would have been interesting if he aimed to allow the dead to decimate the other armies so he could choose which side to favor.

I'm not sure if Cersei was in love with Rhaegar as much as she was infatuated by him, and we know the Mad King refused Tywin's offer for her to marry Rhaegar. I wonder how Cersei will react if she finds out Jon is Rhaegar's offspring—and that a Stark was involved too.

v1lla21

LF scene was dope as fuck. Have no problem with how his story ended. Schemin caught up to him and bit the dust, in a cool ass way too may I add.

Also great to see Jaime finally realize his sister is batshit crazy and fucked up that he decides to leave. I hope Arya kills Cersei next season though and not Jaime.

Fuuuuuck now the long wait for the final season begins. A little disappointed that we didn't get a major battle but that just means a jam-packed final season awaits.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
The same visions that showed Stannis being the prince who was promised? I mean they probably will have her come back and meet Arya etc. but she's not the most reliable vision lady.

I don't think her visions showed Stannis himself. They showed "The prince that was promised" and she interpreted that as Stannis, but it was actually Jon.

Gleethor

Melisandre and Bran is a meeting I desperately want. Time for her to get shook after talking to someone even more enigmatic than her.

Confirm for the audience they're related right as they hook up.

The juxtaposition of these two scenes is soooo gross.

lmaooooo

Great fucking episode. Lets go 2019, I'll be ready for that GoT. Whoever said the show might kill NK and then go back to politics of the main characters mighta been right. Seven hells!

Also Sansa came through. With Arya. Beautiful.

Can anyone remember the list of crimes Sansa stated? I couldn't remember half of the stuff she said. I completely forgot about the shit with the knife she was talking about.

Neece

Oh yeah, I think she's lying for sure. The only time I thought it might be true is when I thought for a split second she was actually joining the fight in the north.

Jaime's not going to be happy when he finds out either.

I absolutely don't think she is lying. She looks genuinely happy about it because she feels like the prophecy is wrong and she has a future to look forward to now.

I feel like if they were writing the pregnancy to be fake, then when she first told Jaimie and they did a close up of her face as she hugged him, then the lie would have reflected there. But instead when they did a close up she looked happier than she has been in years.

sangreal

Can anyone remember the list of crimes Sansa stated? I couldn't remember half of the stuff she said. I completely forgot about the shit with the knife she was talking about.

murder and treason

murdered jon arryn and their aunt lysa
Made Lysa tell the Starks that the Lannisters killed Jon Arryn
betrayed ned stark
hired the assassin to kill Bran with the knife and claimed it was Tyrion

v1lla21

Edit: disregard.
Damn, was about to say. Lol. All good.

Don't yall think Tyrion knows about who Jon is though? I think I remember a part where he said he reads a lot so maybe he read certain things and put two and two together and figured who Jon really was. Maybe not but he Def mad about dany and Jon knocking boots and Dany losing sight.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Dam I wasn't happy with the way Littlefinger's story ends. After all his scheming and moves he makes in the back it ends so anti-climatically.

This is the guy who brought us "chaos is a ladder" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxlIraEV8n4

After that speach I thought of him as someone who would stay steps ahead of his enemies.

He was suppose to be the most dangerous man in Westeros and once he had an army it would solidify his position.

But is it me or did his plotline seemed to have ended out of insignificance? Because in the grand scheme of things his powerplay meant little compared to what Dany and Cersei were capable of and the threat of the army of the undead? I thought it would have been interesting if he aimed to allow the dead to decimate the other armies so he could choose which side to favor.

The entire reason littlefinger's plot failed is because of theon and jon.

Littlefinger successfully fucked the starks, stannis and tyrells due to his fuckery.

If theon didn't help sansa escape and jon didn't come back and fight, littlefinger had already planned to wipe out the boltons with the vale with cersei.

The idea was he'd consolidate control of the north with that move. But the starks messed that plan up which forced him to try to politick his way into victory.

That's why if jon and theon plot didn't happen, littlefinger was just cersei's death away from the iron throne.

Doesn't it make perfect sense that some like him would have a ignoble end though? His schemes had become aimless and cynical. Scheming for the sake of it. It caught up with him. A rat meeting a rat's end.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I just hope they don't waste too much time on the inevitable "When Dany finds out Jon is the true heir, it makes her insecure and creates tension between them, which hurts their unity in fighting the White Walkers" storyline next season.

Loke13

Yeah but Viserys raping her was before he sold her to Drogo. Did she not get pregnant from those times?

Viserys was messed up. :/

When he told her "You don't to awaken the dragon do you?" Implying that the dragon was his cock, pretty much. Then in a later episode when she invites him for supper he gets mad and calls her a slut then says she has awakened the dragon and is about to rape her before she wacks him in the head.
Wtf? Nowhere in the show has it ever said that Visery's raped Dany. She was a virgin until her wedding night. Was Visery's bitch made? Absolutely but did he rape his sister. No. "Waking the dragon" was just his insecure ass way of saying "don't make me angry".

Doesn't it make perfect sense that some like him would have a ignoble end though? His schemes had become aimless and cynical. Scheming for the sake of it. It caught up with him. A rat meeting a rat's end.

His final scheme to try and get Arya executed made perfect sense.
Arya would get in the way of him manipulating Sansa. He needed her gone.

Too bad for him he trained Sansa well.

Paz

I actually liked the way LF went out, chaos is indeed a ladder but someone like him who played everyone from the shadows for so long was always going to struggle when he had a more prominent position in the spotlight.

His death being a result of a scheme backfiring was pretty good. Didn't deserve anything more grandiose than what he got.

Littlefinger thrived within King's Landing and among the power-hungry. How powerful is his silver tongue and his conniving among a society that values honor, oaths, and historical tradition and is built on a history of duty, rebellion, and independent spirit over back-stabbings and shifting alliances

Littlefinger was done the moment he set foot in a Stark-controlled Winterfell

Top Bottom