• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

zeemumu

0fod918l3eiz.jpg

nubbe

They basically are. Usually they have a thin flesh-colored article to cover themselves that can't be noticed. I know Lena Headey used a body double for the Walk of Shame. But I think Emilia Clarke always does her own scenes.

not the first time Kit and Emilia played out that scene
just speculating

NolbertoS

Awesome season and finally, imo.

So the last season is really 2019 then?

HBO has come out abd stated that 2018 or 2019 will be the start of season 8, depending on D & D's needs. They both have claimed they seema bit burnt out and wanna flesh out the final season more with a good script, so everybody is noe expecting 2019 to be the release date most likely.

She had that whole spiel about her desire to rule Westeros being the thing guiding her through all the hardship she's been through earlier in the season. She's no one's second banana. She gets what she wants and this could complicate that.

I just don't see that being the case.

Dany wants to be a good ruler unlike her dad. She sees Jon is just that.

Jon doesn't want to rule anyway.

They both bang, and care for each other, and they can work out that they can rule together and create a golden age of peace and <3
and wincest

Ok, I change it to this:

Damn...

Is this still possible? But Bran was alive much after the Night King dammit.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just don't see that being the case.

Dany wants to be a good ruler unlike her dad. She sees Jon is just that.

Jon doesn't want to rule anyway.

They both bang, and care for each other, and they can work out that they can rule together and create a golden age of peace and <3
and wincest

This is probably how it turns out, that or Jon dies heroically and solves the problem that way, I'm just saying it might make things a little more complicated. Not that they'll be plotting against each other or anything, just a small side-plot where Dany works out her feelings over the whole thing. At most she'd have a conversation about it with Tyrion and he says don't worry about it he doesn't want to be king, you do you.

I think Littlefinger's death was the most satisfying thing to ever happen on this show. I always love when antagonists who are smug pieces of shit that think they're better than everyone just break the fuck down when they're about to get got, and this was a great example of that.
That coupled with Jon Snow's butt makes this a 10/10 for me.

De_Legend

Banned
HBO has come out abd stated that 2018 or 2019 will be the start of season 8, depending on D & D's needs. They both have claimed they seema bit burnt out and wanna flesh out the final season more with a good script, so everybody is noe expecting 2019 to be the release date most likely.

Alrighty then, thanks guys.

What could the Night King's endgame even be?

What, he marches down Westeros getting every last human on the continent into his army? Then grab some ships, sail to Essos, and do the same thing? Eventually he has the entire world under his control, then what? Does he throw a party?

I assume I shouldn't think about it and that the white walkers as a whole are simply the absolute evil, but the fact that they have a leader who is shown to be quite intelligent intrigues me. The army of the dead aren't just your usual mindless zombies. They follow a leader.

I would be shocked if Jon ended up sitting on the Iron Throne. It goes against everything GRRM has talked about and done in GoT in being almost an anti-LOTR. It's too easy, too simple, too cliche. Jon being half Targaryen? Neat, and has been set up since season 1. Job being the rightful heir? Neat, it makes sense especially given what book readers have said about even more hints and small details. However, Jon being a bastard that is the epitome of two of the most common genre conventions, especially of high fantasy, with the metaphorical Jesus character AND the one person destined and capable of overcoming the great evil that will otherwise destroy the world. I would be very disappointed, but I have faith that Jon won't win the war and then claim his place on the Iron Throne.

Maybe Jon survives the war, but Cersei backstabs Jon, and Dany gets the Iron Throne like she always dreams of but it costs her the love of her life (which I am not and was never a fan of JS+DT). But the show ending with Jon as king? I'd bet against it.

Chirotera

Banned
My season 8 predictions;

- The war against the Undead will go poorly.
- Jon will hear the story of Azor Ahai and learn of his true lineage
- Jaime will pledge himself to help the fight and reveal Cersei's treachery
- The war against the Undead is going catastrophically bad, the north is in ruins
- Theon will kill Euron, save Yara, and bring the Greyjoys into the fight.
- Jaime rides South to convince Cersei that, no, really, she needs to commit her forces
- The Hound goes with him for reasons
- Cersei refuses, Jaime kills her
- Cleganebowl happens
- Jon will plunge Longclaw into the heart of Dany, killing her, but giving birth to Lightbringer.
- Jon wrecks the undead army with a host of Lannisters at his back.
- Jon has a moment where he's in a wrecked King's Landing, staring at the Iron Throne - is like, naw boy, and leans on Tyrion to build a better society - one without kings.

Lots of other details too. Like I'm sure there will be another Dance with Dragons at some point. And I'm sure Bran will become the Professor X of Westeros. But those are the broad strokes. Etc etc.

Just got done watching it, and it was amazing, near-perfect episode and certainly what I needed after last week's disappointing episode. Hope my boy Tormund is ok.

KHarvey16

Feel free to actually lay out your argument.

I have. His choice to honor the pledge he made to Dany does not at all contradict what we know about him as a character. To me you really have to want there to be problems with the writing to cite that as an example of them.

GreyWind

What, he marches down Westeros getting every last human on the continent into his army? Then grab some ships, sail to Essos, and do the same thing? Eventually he has the entire world under his control, then what? Does he throw a party?

Ships to move the dead? Nah he rides Viserion burns Essos and resurrect all the dead.

Nafai1123

Banned

I assume I shouldn't think about it and that the white walkers as a whole are simply the absolute evil, but the fact that they have a leader who is shown to be quite intelligent intrigues me. The army of the dead aren't just your usual mindless zombies. They follow a leader.

"I'm pretty tired from all this killing...think I'll go home now."

"Finally these noisy fucking neighbors can stop bothering my tea time."

My season 8 predictions;

- The war against the Undead is going catastrophically bad, the north is in ruins
- Jaime rides South to convince Cersei that, no, really, she needs to commit her forces
- Cleganebowl happens
- Jon will plunge Longclaw into the heart of Dany, killing her, but giving birth to Lightbringer.
- Jon has a moment where he's in a wrecked King's Landing, staring at the Iron Throne - is like, naw boy, and leans on Tyrion to build a better society - one without kings.

Lots of other details too. Like I'm sure there will be another Dance with Dragons at some point. And I'm sure Bran will become the Professor X of Westeros. But those are the broad strokes. Etc etc.

I hope we dont get to farm some Tier armor from Ulduar then fight again to Arthas

jfkgoblue

And what army does Jon have that can win him the Iron Throne against Cersei Lannister, her house armies, and the Golden Company? Y'all are acting like Jon and the North can just roll south and take the Iron Throne. They can't. Jon just mentioned that they've got more people living in KL than the entire north. Not to mention the Northern forces would be heavily decimated by the time they win that war. No Dothraki, and no Unsullied (why would either side with Jon over Dany), means that Cersei flicks the Jon's Northern forces off like flies.

They'll be no conflict between Jon and Dany. Book it.
Well D&D say otherwise in the inside the episode so...

My season 8 predictions;

- Cleganebowl happens

Why does Jon have to kill Dany, and do you really think he of all people would be willing to do it?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I bet Arya winds up killing Cersei and impersonating her, bringing the Lannister forces North. She goes down there with the Hound and that's how we get Cleganebowl.

Top Bottom