• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

I'm literally talking about how
someone had a theory that Jon will have to kill Dany or some shit
. Please, let me know what episode that's mentioned, I must've missed it.

that's the lightbringer prophecy, not mentioned in the show directly.

there's been a few flaming swords in the show thus far, none of which were lightbringer technically.

Tagg9

Completely OT but this got me curious. How do they hide the guy's hard on? I mean if the actor is heterosexual and is making out with a hot female actress - and they are both pretty much naked - I think it'd be kind of difficult not to have an erection.

Keep in mind you will be surrounded by at least a dozen cast and crew, so the whole situation is actually very awkward. I suspect if Kit Harrington got a boner, they would take a break for 5 minutes and cum back to it in a bit.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Also a possibility. No matter what, the Hound has to make his way South at some point during the next season.

They're naked in a room with at least 3 or 4 other people just watching them. I imagine popping a woody isn't a problem in that situation.

Of course. Only reason he can even get a Raven saying that something happened to his unborn child and it is really a trap. Getting the Hound to go with him probably is a no brainer. Heck he will probably offer to do so.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Jon isn't the one who is gonna be pushing for him to be king, Bran and Sam will be and those are two powerful people with Bran as 3ER and Sam commanding one of the largest armies left when he inevitably takes over as Lord of Highgarden. It isn't gonna be as simple as you hope.

Dany's entire thing has been based on her "birthright", how is she going to respond to finding out that she has no birthright?

Dany only came to Westeros in this season, and as Messandei pointed out, what she accomplished in Essos and nothing to do with her last name. When she came to Westeros she did so knowing full well that the Iron Throne has to be won through conquest. Birthright doesn't matter. The person sitting on the throne right now, had their husband smash the Targaryen birthright to it. Right by conquest is the way to take back that throne.

What I'm asking is, even with Sam and Bran wanting to get Jon to take the throne, how does he do it with just the North and the Vale? A second Targaryen claimant to the throne isn't going to pursue Cersei to give up the throne. On top of that, forget Dany's reaction, what's the North's reaction going to be when they find out that the man they though was Ned Stark's son, is in fact the son of the man who they lost thousands fighting against? Lord Glover is already miffed about Jon's rule, and Lord Royce hates Targaryens. Something tells me that there is where the majority of your human v human conflict in the north would stem from.

Megatron

When the cuck doesn't get to go in the room.

Enjoyed the episode. But damn they have a lot to go through in 6 episodes.

Is there really only six left?

You cheeky fucks, you know I was talking about Bran's "legitimate heir" bit lol. He's already declared as a king that Dany is his queen. He's already made a big deal out of being a man of his word. It would be weird to me that being Rhaegar's son suddenly changes him.

It won't change him, but it will piss off Dani.

They have established that Jon is the rightful heir, but that's weird to me that the king's grandson would have more of a claim than his actual child.

normslly the girl has a modesty patch on which is seamless underwear. They have the same sort of thing form men that tapes it all down. Kit Harrington has probably had his share of women so him getting super turned on while working is probably not going to happen.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I still say they dedicate a massive portion of an episode if not an entire episode to the Night King's backstory next season.

At some point we have to learn of his motivations somehow, and it's hard to do when he doesn't talk.

jfkgoblue

Completely OT but this got me curious. How do they hide the guy's hard on? I mean if the actor is heterosexual and is making out with a hot female actress - and they are both pretty much naked - I think it'd be kind of difficult not to have an erection.
They wear a modestly patch of sorts, so it isn't able to ahem freely wander.
Is there really only six left?

It won't change him, but it will piss off Dani.

They have established that Jon is the rightful heir, but that's weird to me that the king's grandson would have more of a claim than his actual child.
Just because Rhaegar died before his father, that doesn't mean his children get jumped in the line of succession.

LotusHD

Banned
Tyrion:
tommy103btl.gif

RADIOACTIVE!!

Lmao

UrokeJoe

Keep in mind you will be surrounded by at least a dozen cast and crew, so the whole situation is actually very awkward. I suspect if Kit Harrington got a boner, they would take a break for 5 minutes and cum back to it in a bit.

If I was Kit I would cum back as many time as necessary to get it right.

Heshinsi

This whole Jon being legitimate thing is a moot point if they get married and stay married after the revelation. Plus, White Walkers hello! Why would Jon's focus be on the Iron Throne when you've got the Night King busting down walls and marching on humanity? That's been his focus for 6 seasons. I'm not buying that he's suddenly going to pivot to the throne.

Nyanmaruz

I actually wished we got Varys and Littlefinger to meet again for the last time. Their conversations/banters were some of the highlights in GoT imo.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
This whole Jon being legitimate thing is a moot point if they get married and stay married after the revelation. Plus, White Walkers hello!

Since the King is seen as the one with all the power, I think a part of her will feel like she's playing second fiddle to Jon, though, I don't think we will get a happy ending like that. I think he lost the war the day he bed her.

They both have. It was the whole point of Ser Davos and Messandei's quips in episode 3 and 4. Dany is to Essos what Jon is to the North. But without Jon, Dany can't get that across to the Northerners, and without Dany, the Essos elements of Dany's forces don't give two shits what Jon did for the Northeners. They're two halves of a coin. It reminds me of the greek concept of soul mates.

Yeah, I suppose that's true. It's just always been an more awkward and controversial affair for Dany to usurp lands she is a foreigner to, but I guess that's how she gained her ruler street cred. It seemed more natural for Jon, as he was amongst his own people (i.e., the northerners), though he did gain the trust of the remaining free people in a controversial fashion.

De_Legend

Banned

This. It's more funny than exciting.

Heshinsi

Since the King is seen as the one with all the power, I think a part of her will feel like she's playing second fiddle to Jon.

Eh, it depends on their relationship. She did already mention last season that she had to prepare herself for marriage. I'm pretty certain she assumed it would be a marriage out of political necessity. But it's clearly not going to be the case if they marry.

sangreal

Dany only came to Westeros in this season, and as Messandei pointed out, what she accomplished in Essos and nothing to do with her last name. When she came to Westeros she did so knowing full well that the Iron Throne has to be won through conquest. Birthright doesn't matter. The person sitting on the throne right now, had their husband smash the Targaryen birthright to it. Right by conquest is the way to take back that throne.

What I'm asking is, even with Sam and Bran wanting to get Jon to take the throne, how does he do it with just the North and the Vale? A second Targaryen claimant to the throne isn't going to pursue Cersei to give up the throne. On top of that, forget Dany's reaction, what's the North's reaction going to be when they find out that the man they though was Ned Stark's son, is in fact the son of the man who they lost thousands fighting against? Lord Glover is already miffed about Jon's rule, and Lord Royce hates Targaryens. Something tells me that there is where the majority of your human v human conflict in the north would stem from.

I think that's why they threw in that while you can be a stark and greyjoy thing. So later they can say he is a stark and targaryen

Heshinsi

They also showed that Dany was a fantastic conquerer, but an awful ruler.

Is it her rule or the people she had to rule over? Give me an example of any character in Westeros that could rule a region where one group wants to slave 3/4 population, and the other group don't want to be enslaved. People who nail children to posts and cut off the limbs of slaves. Yeah the Starks would have killed the Masters. The Lannisters would have ruled through force and fear. Even the mighty Tyrion fucked that shit up hard, and he even thought he had it all figured out. Westeros is a god damn walk in the park in comparison to the dynamics at play in Essos.

I think that's why they threw in that while you can be a stark and greyjoy thing. So later they can say he is a stark and targaryen

Yeah but Theon spent time as a child as a Greyjoy. He knew who his parents were, and even under the Starks, he carried his family's name. There's nothing Targaryen about Jon on a paractical level. That's going to be the reason most of the North would have no issues with him, but guys like Royce don't care.

TuXx

Loved how they had to use Bran's time powers just so they can justify Jon and Danny having sex.

Good job, D.B. and Dave

Heshinsi

One of my favourite parts of the episode was when Euron interrupted Tyrion, and Tyrion looks at Jaime and gives this look of pure confusion and disgust. Had me cracking up.

jfkgoblue

Is it her rule or the people she had to rule over? Give me an example of any character in Westeros that could rule a region where one group wants to slave 3/4 population, and the other group don't want to be enslaved. People who nail children to posts and cut off the limbs of slaves. Yeah the Starks would have killed the Masters. The Lannisters would have ruled through force and fear. Even the mighty Tyrion fucked that shit up hard, and he even thought he had it all figured out. Westeros is a god damn walk in the park in comparison to the dynamics at play in Essos.
It isn't though. It has different dynamics, but not easier dynamics.

A person that could rule slavers bay better than Dany did? Tywin for one.

Also Tyrion has shown to be a complete idiot since he left KL, and he wasn't that great at being the Hand there either.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What was up with Tyrion sulking in the hallway?

Thought that lil bit with Theon's stuff being snipped actually being his saving/redeeming moment was darkly humorous and clever.

It seriously complicates the politics. The idea he's secretly in love with Dany seems ridiculous. There's subtle and there's completely out of nowhere.

Heshinsi

It isn't though. It has different dynamics, but not easier dynamics.

A person that could rule slavers bay better than Dany did? Tywin for one.

Also Tyrion has shown to be a complete idiot since he left KL, and he wasn't that great at being the Hand there either.

Tywin could perhaps, but he'd be doing it by instilling fear. I'm asking of anyone that can rule it without either executing all the slavers, or ruling by threatening to execute anyone who disobeys. What I'm getting at is that anyone that would recoil at the brutality of the slavery in practice in that region, would either full stop crush the Masters, or be advised against doing so, and then be stuck in the situation Dany was in. You can not negotiate with the Masters as Tyrion found out, and if you don't want to kill them all, what can you do?

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
If you think about it, if they didn't decide to go to war against the dead they wouldn't be dangerous at all. If they just ignored them they wouldn't have a Dragon and would just rot north of the wall.
But of course it all had to have happened the way it did, self fullfilling prophecy and all.

FeD.nL

Is there really only six left?.

Yes, there should be. I kinda hoped that in this last episode the pieces would have been set, Jon reunited with the rest of the Starks/Sam. Big part of their armies already at Winterfel, ending on him being told on his lineage. So they could just open the next season with a battle. Now I'm thinking the first episode is gonna encompass all the meeting and greeting.

Ah well, we'll see.

NimbusD

But that's what's great about it. All his scheming caught up to him. The schemer was out-schemed. His machinations were cynical and done for the sake of scheming. He had lost sight of having any goal or ideals. So It was inevitable. He had an impressive run though.
Yeah except he wasnt in a well written way. No one ever believed Arya would kill Sansa or that Sansa was that stupid. Everyone was acting out of character and you can't even say they knew it the whole time cuz Arya and Sansa had scenes alone together that drove the 0lotline forward.

The idea that he gets outscored is cool and poetic, how it happened was lame and poorly done.

WaterAstro

The scene was weird but Cersei said in the Jaime scene where she revealed her plot that she has no intention of working with the man that killed their father

It feels like the arya/Sansa stuff all over again. The writers thinking they're more clever than they are. Tyrion isn't turning on Dany

Yeah, that Tyrion scene when Jon x Dany was humpin, that part was very suspicious.

jfkgoblue

Tywin could perhaps, but he'd be doing it by instilling fear. I'm asking of anyone that can rule it without either executing all the slavers, or ruling by threatening to execute anyone who disobeys. What I'm getting at is that anyone that would recoil at the brutality of the slavery in practice in that region, would either full stop crush the Masters, or be advised against doing so, and then be stuck in the situation Dany was in. You can not negotiate with the Masters as Tyrion found out, and if you don't want to kill them all, what can you do?
The whole point of the Mereenese knot was so that Dany could become a competent ruler. She did not become a competent ruler, no matter how many excuses people come up with.

it's all moot though as there is close to a zero percent chance that Dany sits the Iron Throne. I'm guessing she dies in childbirth to loop around to her starting arc, but that's just me.

Heshinsi

If you think about it, if they didn't decide to go to war against the dead they wouldn't be dangerous at all. If they just ignored them they wouldn't have a Dragon and would just rot north of the wall.
But of course it all had to have happened the way it did, self fullfilling prophecy and all.

I was actually ready to start blaming Jon for it. But then I realised, that if Tyrion wasn't so adamant they try to convince Cersei to believe them, Jon would never have gone to retrieve an undead, and no dragons would have been beyond the wall.

^ That's an almost impossible feat though. How do you successfully rule a place where a portion of the population wants to actively enslave the other, and you don't like this group? Almost everyone would fail this test.

Or you know, there won't be an iron throne.

Tyrion in the hallway checking on Jon and Dany was Peter Baelish level creepiness... say a lot because Littlefinger was the Michael Jordan of creeps in westeros.

Heshinsi

I don't know why it shocked me, but I was taken aback to know that Cersei planned to back stab them from the moment they said "hi!" I totally bought Euron being a punk ass loser and running off. He's question in regards to whether they could swim, just solidified it for me.

Zolo

I don't know why it shocked me, but I was taken aback to know that Cersei planned to back stab them from the moment they said "hi!" I totally bought Euron being a punk ass loser and running off. He's question in regards to whether they could swim, just solidified it for me.

I'm kinda curious what Euron's end-game is. He seems too smart to think Cersei actually plans on marrying him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I mean, she said she was going to use this to stab them in the back the second Jamie got back from meeting with Tyrion.

orochi91

Might as well post this here too:

What's the significance of Jon's Targaryen heritage?

He stated himself that he never even wanted to be King in the North, so I can't imagine he'd suddenly want to claim the Iron Throne; he wouldn't ever get in Dany's way.

It all seems rather pointless, and I kinda hope Sam & Bran keep that info to themselves next season because that revelation would probably bring about unintended consequences.

Top Bottom