• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Jombie

Jorah:
ouHfsl.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
yes plssss

Wait a second so Jaime really left for the North?

and Cersie let him???? He is just going to tell them what Cersie is planning right?

Yeah, dude realized that everything didn't mean anything when compared to the Great War. He is off to actually do something worth a damn and not help Cersei backstab Dany and Jon.

Cersei tried to stop him, by saying the Mountain would kill him but he totally called her fluff.

"Only a fool makes threats he's not prepared to carry out." - Jaime Lannister

She lost all position of power the second he walked away from her after specifically saying no one walks away from her.

Krogan

"Seems every bad idea has some Lannister cunt behind it"

So disappointed in you Tyrion. If you just shut your stupid mouth, Night King wouldn't have gotten a dragon to use to bring the wall down.

Why would anyone but Dany get the blame for the NK getting a dragon, the dragons don't take orders from Tyrion. Tyrion tells her to stay and do nothing and if she had listened to him at that moment no dragons would have gone north.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I'm listening to some of the podcasters out there, and I think every single one of them is taking that "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives" quote waaaaay wrong.

A lot of them are trying to figure out who the lone wolf is. I think even looking at it in that way is all wrong. To me it's not a prophecy as much as it is a life lesson.

I took it as meaning "You either stick together or you die alone." Basically trying to encourage them that there is always strength in numbers and unity.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Why would anyone but Dany get the blame for the NK getting a dragon, the dragons don't take orders from Tyrion. Tyrion tells her to stay and do nothing and if she had listened to him at that moment no dragons would have gone north.

Tyrion came up with the plan though. Telling her not to go save an ally is stupid as fuck after wards. Plus Jon did go and do his whole, "a need a few more kills for the trophy" bit.

Here's how they rank in fault:

• Tyrion
  • Jon
  • Dany

kAmui-

So I wasn't 100% correct, but I did predict the final scene of the season over a month ago!

The wall being magic could make this theory invalid, but my prediction is that this season we find out that the walkers actually built the wall and one of the last things if not the last thing we see this season is them bringing the wall down, setting the stage for the final season.

Tyrion came up with the plan though. Telling her not to go save an ally is stupid as fuck after wards. Plus Jon did go and do his whole, "a need a few more kills for the trophy" bit.

Here's how they rank in fault:

• Tyrion
  • Jon
  • Dany

Sure, blame everyone but the Night King.

Nere

Personally I didn't like, it was too predictable.
  1. Cercei not accepting to help, everyone could tell before they went to their silly quest to abduct a wight.
  2. Littlefinger dying, it's not that I liked his character but what was his purpose all this season? Absolutely nothing, he did nothing and with his death now I realized he was just stealing screen time all this time.
  3. Jon's heritage which we already knew, revealed by the all seeing Bran who is a bit ridiculous.
  4. And Danny and Jon getting together, yeah nobody could predict that.

I don't know maybe I am asking too much but I wanted something to happen that was unexpected. I think the rush of the writers is obvious, something which was evident the whole season and it is a shame to rush such a beloved series. But I don't know maybe it is just me since everyone loves it.

duckroll

I'm listening to some of the podcasters out there, and I think every single one of them is taking that "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives" quote waaaaay wrong.

A lot of them are trying to figure out who the lone wolf is. I think even looking at it in that way is all wrong. To me it's not a prophecy as much as it is a life lesson.

I took it as meaning "You either stick together or you die alone." Basically trying to encourage them that there is always strength in numbers and unity.

House Stark campaign slogan: Stronger Together

House Targ campaign slogan: Make Westeros Great Again

House Lannister campaign slogan: Feel the Burn

So I wasn't 100% correct, but I did predict the final scene of the season over a month ago!

Woooooooooooow ONE MONTH AGO! Line the fuck up. Some of us said the Wall coming down would be the season ending event over a year ago. When S6 ended. :p

Well that wasn't the Cleganebowl I was promised.

It pretty much is guaranteed to happen next season, especially since Cersei is scheming while everyone is trying fight in the North. She probably will start a 2 sided war for the armies in the North and the only way they are getting to her is through the Mountain, so the Cleganebowl would officially be on.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

I predicted Brienne would play a role in convincing Jaime to turn on Cersei for this episode.

I'm proud. It felt like the writers wrote her there for a reason, so it just made sense.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
House Stark campaign slogan: Stronger Together

House Targ campaign slogan: Make Westeros Great Again

House Lannister campaign slogan: Feel the Burn

I think you've got those two bottom slogans mixed. Cersei literally pulled from Trump's campaign this season lol.

Einchy

The Hound should've looked at the camera and said "Cleganebowl coming to you next season ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"

FeD.nL

Wait wait... is it possible that Tyrion shared with Cersei that Dany cannot have a child and that he would convince her to give Cersei's child the throne?

Considering she wanted Tyrion to know she was pregnant it could very well be.

But it doesn't line up with her bailing out on the deal though.

Einchy

Considering she wanted Tyrion to know she was pregnant it could very well be.

I need to re-watch that scene later now that I know she was playing him the whole team. I thought for sure she still felt something for Tyrion and that's why she wasn't able to kill him like she truly was with Jaime but it was just her playing 4D chess.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Btw, was this a plot hole?

At the dragon pit, The Hound cut that wight up multiple times and it didn't die. But north of the wall, the Magnificent Seven were using normal weapons(some of them anyway) and it was killing them.

So, can wights die from normal weapons or not? I'm confused.

This season was too actiony and predictable to me. Main characters becoming lovers, no main characters dying (meh Littlefinger) and just the predictable march of the white walkers.

Einchy

Btw, was this a plot hole?

At the dragon pit, The Hound cut that wight up multiple times and it didn't die. But north of the wall, the Magnificent Seven were using normal weapons(some of them anyway) and it was killing them.

So, can wights die from normal weapons or not? I'm confused.

I'm sure it was done just so it was more impactful but a lot of the Wights they've fought have been pretty much bone, so hitting them just breaks them apart, while this one still had guts and whatnot, maybe that could be why?

Speely

Banned
That Stark sisters work was wonderful. I NEEDED that to be a work to make me care about either of them, and it was glorious.

Ready for Dark Sansa and Dark Arya to be antagonists next season.

Klocker

little finger being put to death at Sansas word was to me, showing how she had truly become the Lady of Winterfell and with Arya by her side would be ready to lead the North after Jon's succession to his rightful place.

If they ever beat the NK

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
This season was too actiony and predictable to me. Main characters becoming lovers, no main characters dying (meh Littlefinger) and just the predictable march of the white walkers.

I get that, but IMO it's only like that because people are obsessed with the show(and books) and they have forever to dwell on plot points and come up with theories.

I mean, what are they going to do, kill off Jon Snow just for the sake of a big shocker? It would be contrary to everything the story has been about and built toward.

Twists are great, but only when they fit with the plot, and these major characters are needed for the great war, and even though stuff was predictable, most of it made sense in context to the story.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
little finger being put to death at Sansas word was to me, showing how she had truly become the Lady of Winterfell and with Arya by her side would be ready to lead the North after Jon's succession to his rightful place.

If they ever beat the NK

They can never beat North Korea.

I get that, but IMO it's only like that because people are obsessed with the show(and books) and they have forever to dwell on plot points and come up with theories.

I mean, what are they going to do, kill off Jon Snow just for the sake of a big shocker? It would be contrary to everything the story has been about and built toward.

Twists are great, but only when they fit with the plot, and these major characters are needed for the great war, and even though stuff was predictable, most of it made sense in context to the story.

Well, the fight beyond the wall where all the heroes can just stand around near thousands of white walkers with lightspeed dragons saving them didn't make sense to me. They should have all died there, but they were main characters. It seems the first seasons did just that, but maybe I remember wrong.

Ferox

Neo Member
So when Jaime reaches Winterfell, all of the major valyrian steel weapons (that we know of) should be in one place right?

Jon - Longclaw
Arya - dagger
Brienne - Oathkeeper
Jaime - Widow's Wail
Sam - Hearteater

I guess they could have Gendry reforge Ice but I'm thinking it'll be more of a thematic reforging with Brienne and Jaime fighting (and fucking?) for the same side. Arya's dagger will probably go unnamed as it should be, and Sam could end up giving his sword to someone else to fight with, but after this season and "Sam the Slayer" he'll probably end up keeping it.

SgtCobra

Of course they had to keep us in the dark about Tormund and Beric, of course.

It seems that's what a lot of people want, death. Meh.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Well, the fight beyond the wall where all the heroes can just stand around near thousands of white walkers with lightspeed dragons saving them didn't make sense to me. They should have all died there, but they were main characters. It seems the first seasons did just that, but maybe I remember wrong.

They killed off main characters, but once you dwindle them down to a certain point, the number of deaths has to come to a crawl, because they all have a role to play in the upcoming war. Without them, they probably can't win this thing. They need special fighters, not just generic soldiers, we saw how easily they fell north of the wall.

oti

Banned
And I just saw a "Why Littlefinger will win the Game of Thrones" video on YouTube last week lol.

Kind of anticlimatic though.

Top Bottom