• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
So next season, Jon, Dany, and friends, are going to be sandwiched between the Night King to the North, and Cersei to the south. She's mentioned how she plans on taking back what Dany took from her. My only hope is a sudden emergence of the Dornish army to throw a wrench in Cersei's southern ambitions.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So next season, Jon, Dany, and friends, are going to be sandwiched between the Night King to the North, and Cersei to the south. She's mentioned how she plans on taking back what Dany took from her. My only hope is a sudden emergence of the Dornish army to throw a wrench in Cersei's southern ambitions.

No one expects the Dornish inquisition.

Zolo

Ellaria and her daughters died meaning there's no people left to lead Dorne's armies
despite Ellaria herself not being a proper ruler and a kinslayer.

Fliesen

Uhm, were Tormund's / Beric's deaths explicit or just implied (as in: "how would they have survived this?")

If so - there's waaay too many characters alive, still. :/
We'd have to be killing off characters left and right next season, making each individual death possibly less impactful.

This season we only lost the sand snakes, the Tarly's, Olenna and Littlefinger.

Might as well post this here too:

What's the significance of Jon's Targaryen heritage?

He stated himself that he never even wanted to be King in the North, so I can't imagine he'd suddenly want to claim the Iron Throne; he wouldn't ever get in Dany's way.

It all seems rather pointless, and I kinda hope Sam & Bran keep that info to themselves next season because that revelation would probably bring about unintended consequences.

Homie is going to get to ride/control a fucking dragon!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

He stated himself that he never even wanted to be King in the North, so I can't imagine he'd suddenly want to claim the Iron Throne; he wouldn't ever get in Dany's way.

It all seems rather pointless, and I kinda hope Sam & Bran keep that info to themselves next season because that revelation would probably bring about unintended consequences.
Drama engine.

Heshinsi

No one expects the Dornish inquisition.

Right? Cersei thinking she's hot shit and planning this incredible fuckery, but in comes the forgotten and incredibly pissed and untouched Dornish army to just rain all over Cersei's parade. But then, as all hope seems lost to her, she makes a dark and secret pact with the Night King and reveals her final form. Enter, Nighy Queen Cersei.

Ellaria and her daughters died meaning there's no people left to lead Dorne's armies

There are five more Sand Snakes lol. Oby told Cersei when she asked him what he was doing when he was in the gardens writing a poem (I think) for one of them.

I'm hoping the Hound bellows out a good "Fuck the Queen..." before he takes out the Mountain in the Cleganebowl. I think that'll kill her more than actually killing her.

Oh man, can't wait for this moment. The Hound is such an awesome character. I'm afraid that they are going to wind up killing each other. That would be a suitable fate for them after all.

Uhm, were Tormund's / Beric's deaths explicit or just implied (as in: "how would they have survived this?")

If so - there's waaay too many characters alive, still. :/
We'd have to be killing off characters left and right next season, making each individual death possibly less impactful.

This season we only lost the sand snakes, the Tarly's, Olenna and Littlefinger.

They didn't die. The half of the wall that remains standing is where they were last seen.

UberLevi

I think the Night King just smashed a hole over at Eastwatch, the Wall is pretty huge so if they moved far enough west they could probably get back to Castle Black while the undead focus on marching south.

saher

Banned
Looking forward to Pregnant dany vs pregnant cersei fight next season, only the rightful insect child will be the future king.

This show.

ramparter

Banned

He never cared for power but he will become a great ruler alongside Danny.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Lena heady has been on fire this season.
She's completely locked down this character and her scenes command attention.

Such wow.

nubbe

Season 8 is going to kick off when there is already a full blown war going on with the walkers and Dany will be pregnant

Will be glorious

Not willing to do it, no. But that's how Lightbringer was born the first time, by killing that which Azor Ahai loved most in the world. His wife's soul combined with the blade to bring Lightbringer to life.

"There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him/"

Given that Dany's whole thing is being a creature of Fire, too, it makes sense for him to plunge the sword into her, that which he loves, her fiery soul giving birth to the fabled sword that can save the world once again.

I just don't see an outcome where both of them survive the war, either way.

Guys, none of this was discussed in the show. Please do not talk about book theories or plots.

finowns

Dorne is a big place there are plenty of nobles who are owed fealty. Ellaria ever being leader of Dorne is nonsense.

-Plasma Reus-

Why was the sex scene between Jonni boi and Danny so tame? They were hugging naked.
Agreed.
Some arse play. Needed Dany winking at the screen. Needed Tyrion there ploughing into Dany as Jon Snow, oops, Aegon Targaryen, watches from the corner wearing a dragon mask.

And Jorah looking out the window.

Einchy

GoT has toned down the T&A for a couple seasons now. Its HBO's model. Tack it on in the first few seasons than taper it off. First season has tons of it.

Also, Emilia Clarke doesn't like being nude on screen.

Also also, it'd be weird if their sex scene was super raunchy with the music and Bran's narration, it was supposed to be more loving than Littlefinger's brothel.

Jombie

Best episode of the season, definitely got the taste of last week out of my mouth. The snow montage in KL is one of my favorite scenes in the series.

I would be shocked if Jon ended up sitting on the Iron Throne. It goes against everything GRRM has talked about and done in GoT in being almost an anti-LOTR. It's too easy, too simple, too cliche. Jon being half Targaryen? Neat, and has been set up since season 1. Job being the rightful heir? Neat, it makes sense especially given what book readers have said about even more hints and small details. However, Jon being a bastard that is the epitome of two of the most common genre conventions, especially of high fantasy, with the metaphorical Jesus character AND the one person destined and capable of overcoming the great evil that will otherwise destroy the world. I would be very disappointed, but I have faith that Jon won't win the war and then claim his place on the Iron Throne.

Maybe Jon survives the war, but Cersei backstabs Jon, and Dany gets the Iron Throne like she always dreams of but it costs her the love of her life (which I am not and was never a fan of JS+DT). But the show ending with Jon as king? I'd bet against it.

After this episode, I'm 100% certain Dani dies. Jon is the new Aegon the Conquerer. That scene with him bonding with Drogon was a clue.

Now we know the Night King will fight on top of a dragon. It's always been Night King vs. Jon. And it will be Jon (Aegon) who will take on the Night King, not Dany.

Heshinsi

Also, Emilia Clarke doesn't like being nude on screen.

Also also, it'd be weird if their sex scene was super raunchy with the music and Bran's narration, it was supposed to be more loving than Littlefinger's brothel.

That was 100% her last season, and she even mentioned that the rumours that she told HBO no more nude scenes was false.

"Seems every bad idea has some Lannister cunt behind it"

So disappointed in you Tyrion. If you just shut your stupid mouth, Night King wouldn't have gotten a dragon to use to bring the wall down.

giphy.gif

Einchy

That was 100% her last season, and she even mentioned that the rumours that she told HBO no more nude scenes was false.

So disappointed in you Tyrion. If you just shut your stupid mouth, Night King wouldn't have gotten a dragon to use to bring the wall down.

giphy.gif

If I remember correctly, she talked about how she did that nude scene because of how important it was for the scene but she never said the first report was false, which I believe is 100% true because right after that came out, she stopped doing any nudes scenes.

She could've been nude in this one, too, but Kit's arms were placed right in a spot where her breasts were covered.

Moff

giphy.gif

Where she burns the Khals? That was Clarke?

Was that the same actor who played Viserys?

That was really dumb on their part. Should have given him straight hair or a better shot of the face. It was confusing for casual viewers.

My wife was like: OMG! Dany's annoying brother is Jon's father? His real name was Rhaegar?

I just slapped my forehead.

Future

giphy.gif

Actually Tyrion told Dany to stay and not fly the dragons over there.

It was Jon Snows sexy ass that made Dany weak to the knees and sacrifice a dragon and end the world

-Plasma Reus-

Tyrion has had one dumb lannister cunt idea after another this season.

"Let's get a wight and bring it to Cersei because she'd believe us because we need her help!" When they don't even need her help. Dany could have taken kings landing, then turned to the north.
Oops, now the Nights King has a dragon.

"Let's go to cersei and ask her for her help! Hey, she said yes! Let's completely forget the conniving lannister cunt she is."

Now cersei intends to stab them in the back.

It was Jon Snows sexy ass that made Dany weak to the knees and sacrifice a dragon and end the world

Her last ally would have been fucking dead otherwise. She already lost 2 of her allies thanks to Tyrion's dumb lannister cunt idea.

Heshinsi

If I remember correctly, she talked about how she did that nude scene because of how important it was for the scene but she never said the first report was false, which I believe is 100% true because right after that came out, she stopped doing any nudes scenes.

She could've been nude in this one, too, but Kit's arms were placed right in a spot where her breasts were covered.

2015:

"The Game of Thrones star dismissed a widely circulated Daily Mail report claiming to quote the actress at a party, saying the Emmy nominee ”can't stand" sex scenes and that they ”should be more subtle."

http://ew.com/article/2015/09/16/emilia-clarke-sex-scenes/

2016:

”This is all me, all proud, all strong," Clarke told EW. ”I'm just feeling genuinely happy I said ‘Yes.' That ain't no body double!...Taking off my clothes is not the easiest thing, but with the magic of the effects, I don't have to do a season one and go on a cliff and do it, I'm in control of it."

"That's a point Clarke also emphasized last year, when tabloids erroneously reported that she couldn't stand her Thrones sex scenes."

http://www.vulture.com/2016/05/emilia-clarke-that-got-nude-scene-was-real.html

Yes.

Einchy

Yeah, she confirmed it.

Also, here's her talking about nude scenes.
https://www.instagram.com/p/7shoBno1Np/?hl=en

So, like, that's why she covers her breasts when she talked with Daario that one time, since there was no real reason for her to be nude other than T and A. Which is why I think she didn't show any nips in this episode, the scene completely worked without her having to do that, while the fire scene wouldn't have worked without a full body shot.

[edit]

I expended on that post above.

She doesn't refuse to do nude scenes, as we've seen, but she does them when they are important to the plot.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Yeah but anyone with a pulse would know Dany would do some fool shit for Jon including Tyrion unless that scene from last episode between Dany/Tyrion was literally meaningless.

Did Lyanna tell Ned she married Rhaegar? Did Ned know anything about the annulment?

Ned only knew Jon was Lyanna's son, and a bastard of Rhaegar - through rape. I doubt she had time to go through all the other shit while she lay dying.

Ned didn't need to know that. As a highborn girl, educated by a Septa or Maester at Winterfell, Lyanna would know that her son cannot be called Aegon Targaryan, but Sand. The Starks of all people would follow the rule of names.

As soon as she said it, Ned knew that she wasn't raped that she was married to Rhaegar.

Robert would have killed the baby 100%. And even if he didn't, Tywin would have to keep the Lannisters in the Royal family.

Heshinsi

Yeah, she confirmed it.

Also, here's her talking about nude scenes.
https://www.instagram.com/p/7shoBno1Np/?hl=en

So, like, that's why she covers her breasts when she talked with Daario that one time, since there was no real reason for her to be nude other than T and A. Which is why I think she didn't show any nips in this episode, the scene completely worked without her having to do that, while the fire scene wouldn't have worked without a full body shot.

[edit]

I expended on that post above.

She doesn't refuse to do nude scenes, as we've seen, but she does them when they are important to the plot.

Yeah, I was still replying to "she doesn't like to do nudes" lol. We're on the same page now.

Einchy

I know we joke about Jorah but he knows his place, he knows he will never be with Dany because she loves and respects him but as a friend and not a lover. He expected this long ago and I don't think he would actually show that he was broken up about Jon being with Dany.

Top Bottom