• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

When I first saw the NK riding the dragon I did laugh a bit, it looked kinda ridiculous. He's always been this super cool robotic operator, then all of a sudden he's like "wooohoo I'm riding a fucking draaagooon!"

Little Finger's end was about as good as they could have wrapped it up considering the mess they made. The setup could have been better, but I am glad it is over.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
They actually fell in the the water, the first scene of season 8 will be Bronn pulling of them of them from the water. Bronn is top lifeguard in Westeros.

Nikolaj did say that there was a scene the director's cut that showed that Bronn was a well regarded lifeguard at KL lol.

"What you didn't know, and I think Bronn should have [said], he was for years working on the beaches outside King's Landing as a lifeguard...He was like an expert swimmer and he won the Westeros 1000 meter. So he's pretty cool."

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...nister-deep-river_us_5995f87ce4b01f6e801d2ef3

hG5nmid.jpg

wandering

Banned
I have. His choice to honor the pledge he made to Dany does not at all contradict what we know about him as a character. To me you really have to want there to be problems with the writing to cite that as an example of them.

You've gotten weirdly personal about all this. I don't find it convincing that either romance or honor would override his concern about the greater good, the trait that has essentially been the spine of his character. Simple as that.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
So when Jaime reaches Winterfell, all of the major valyrian steel weapons (that we know of) should be in one place right?

Jon - Longclaw
Arya - dagger
Brienne - Oathkeeper
Jaime - Widow's Wail
Sam - Hearteater

I guess they could have Gendry reforge Ice but I'm thinking it'll be more of a thematic reforging with Brienne and Jaime fighting (and fucking?) for the same side. Arya's dagger will probably go unnamed as it should be, and Sam could end up giving his sword to someone else to fight with, but after this season and "Sam the Slayer" he'll probably end up keeping it.

When Tywin turned Ice into two swords, were they Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail?

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I think Tyrion turned and betrayed Dany.
I think that's what happened after he found out Cersei is pregnant.
He betrayed Dany.

Mark my words.

Temp_User

GOT Editors: "Could we put a bit of incest to top of our R+L=J revelation?"

I felt strangely nostalgic seeing Daenerys naked. Has it been that long?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
He betrayed Dany.

Mark my words.

It's possible, but Tyrion wants peace. Killing her would severely hurt their chances against the White Walkers, which would mean the opposite of peace. It would mean annihilation. I don't see how Tyrion would do something that would be bad for all the people of Westeros.

Everyone but Cersei, Euron, and possibly Qyburn at this point just want peace in Westeros or at the very least, the survival of humanity.

Moff

He betrayed Dany.

Mark my words.
So cersei told him she was lying?
Doesnt seem to make sense from her perspective.

Or will Tyrion sabotage Dany with bad counsel?
He already did that all the time. If he tried to do it on ourpose he might end up helping Dany.

Ladekabel

What was Tyrion's look supposed to mean when he saw Jon coming to Daenarys? Has he developed feelings for her? Is he sad that he isn't the Westerosi on her side like he said her she should get? Or am I overthinking stuff?

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
What if Tyrion kept bringing up the fact that she can't have a child because he wanted her to not have any children with anyone.

What was Tyrion's look supposed to mean when he saw Jon coming to Daenarys? Has he developed feelings for her? Is he sad that he isn't the Westerosi on her side like he said her she should get? Or am I overthinking stuff?

Some helpful crossposts from the other thread:

Dinklage character described it as dangerous. I don't know why

Besides that fact you're sleeping with a close relative

I didn't really feel like jealousy to me. I think Tyrion was mulling over the repercussions of their inevitable relationship. Like all the people in the North just seeing their King return with a new, foreign Queen lol...But whatever hate or objection they have will soon be stamped out by the army of the dead

SgtCobra

It's probably nothing more than "oh well the two key players are getting it on right now, wonder what it will mean for our battle and what for consequences will it will have?" I think. Lots of people are looking at other stuff though like Tyrion secretly being in love with Dany but that would've come out of nowhere outside of some veeery vague and small hints that could've been interpreted in another way.
They were on the side of the wall that didn't collapse.
You sure? The collapse seemed pretty damn close to me lol

Kadayi

Banned

No. I kind of read it that he has a crush on her.

Hoping that Bronn hooks up with Jaime on his trip north. It was odd seeing Jaime riding on his own.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Tyrion looked troubled since their union could possibly complicate things and cause Dany and Jon to lose focus.

Jon and Dany having sex at Winterfell.

Tyrion knocks on the door: "Ummm, guys... the Night King is approaching the gates of Winterfell and he has an undead dragon"

Tyrion looks down sees a "Do not disturb sign on the door: "Dammit"

nubbe

He betrayed Dany.

Mark my words.

No, Tyrion thinks what they are doing is a mistake, they are going to be distracted by each other and it will get worse when Bran drops the bomb

Radec

Great finale.

Cersei you cunning bitch! I love it. Jaime will probably die alongside her next season after killing her.

So does Nymeria and her wolf pack help the humans at some point next season? But what if they die and they turn into Dire Wights T_T

Bran's wolf is now Dire Wight for all we know.

duckroll

So does Nymeria and her wolf pack help the humans at some point next season? But what if they die and they turn into Dire Wights T_T

My fanfiction has it covered.

All I ask for in S8 is one sequence in the big battle where Ghost and Nymeria's pack charges together, and Bran uses his super powers to call upon the family legacy, and the pack is joined by spirit versions of all the dead wolves as they break through the white Walkers and take down a giant.

And when this is happening, Jon turns to Dany and says, "There is a time for dragons, and... A Time for Wolves." then he winks at the camera and it cuts to the Starks banner flapping in the wind.

So I assume we're probably going to end with no dragons by the end of the show. Both will probably die fighting the undead one, with Rhaegal dying first then Drogon taking it down but dying at the same time?

Chirotera

Banned

Tyrion knocks on the door: "Ummm, guys... the Night King is approaching the gates of Winterfell and he has an undead dragon"

Tyrion looks down sees a "Do not disturb sign on the door: "Dammit"

Tyrion knocks on the door: "Ummm, guys... just talked to Bran. He says that Jon isn't a bastard after all, and is actually a Targaryen and the nephew of Dany"

Tyrion looks down sees a 'Do not disturb sign' on the door:

A356jiI.gif

Bulby

Wish Bran was able to do some more things with his powers than be a plot device. He went through a lot to get here, and I feel all they are going to amount to is finding out about Jon's true heritage.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Am I the only one that found it weird that Bran had a more open (less weird) and normal conversation with Sam, than with either of his sisters or Meera?

J2 Cool

Am I the only one that found it weird that Bran had a more open (less weird) and normal conversation with Sam, than with either of his sisters or Meera?

It was one of his better scenes in the last 2 seasons, I actually am starting to enjoy his performance.

Why doesn't Bran tell Jon and Danny about Cersei betraying them?

He doesn't know. He can see everything but he needs to know where to look. It's like having access to wikipedia, but he doesn't know about all the contents and pages on the site.

That's why Sam told him about the secret wedding between Lyanna and Rhaegar.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'd say it's because he had emotional connections with Sansa and Arya, so how do you react to that when you intellectually know you have emotions towards those people but you no longer feel them because they're not really yours anymore. When it comes to Sam, though, he hasn't bring any of that baggage with him, he just met him for a little bit before parting ways.

So when Jaime reaches Winterfell, all of the major valyrian steel weapons (that we know of) should be in one place right?

Jon - Longclaw
Arya - dagger
Brienne - Oathkeeper
Jaime - Widow's Wail
Sam - Hearteater

I guess they could have Gendry reforge Ice but I'm thinking it'll be more of a thematic reforging with Brienne and Jaime fighting (and fucking?) for the same side. Arya's dagger will probably go unnamed as it should be, and Sam could end up giving his sword to someone else to fight with, but after this season and "Sam the Slayer" he'll probably end up keeping it.
Needle too right?

He was trying to keep her from making an irrational move, this is kinda one.

In all honesty, Tyrion knows Dany needs to be focused. He is the one who got her to keep Daario back, remember?

I don't get it though he made her leave Daario behind so that she could find someone suitable to marry for an alliance, she's in love with Jon who is the King in the North so wouldn't this be a good thing?

Machina

Banned
Where the hell is my boy Ghost at?

Presumably (or at least I'm hoping) the reason the final season is 2 years away is because HBO has decided to send the series out with a bang with a massive budget and they need time to make use of it. Ghost and Nymeria will be back to fight the WW

Top Bottom