• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Mine:

3 > 7 > 2 > 1 >> 4 >>> 6 >>> 5

Agree here. I like this season a lot better than the rushed 6 (despite good second half of the last). Even if some choices were mind boggling, they were in many ways fair and made sense compared to how things had been built up.

I was afraid of them going with the Cersei being too "kind" angle or the winterfell suplot ending up with littlefinger winning. It is still silly how quickly Danny and Jon got along, and believed in another. How they dealt with the zombies was just comical, suicide mission to grap a zombie to convince your enemy!. Which is still is a stupid side plot and typical cliche.

So what do you think Ned's endgame was with Jon? During their last meeting, Ned said he would soon tell Jon the truth about his mother.

Was he just waiting for Jon to official join the Night's Watch so Robert couldn't do anything to him? Surely he knew of the wars to come if Jon decided to go public with it.

RangerX

Banned
Man the dialogue and plot contrivances became really bad this season and especially in the finale. You can tell the show runners are just working from bullet points now and they aren't up to it. The spectacle is still cool but the show really has taken a dive since those masterful first three seasons.

Megatron

storafötter;247179096 said:
Agree here. I like this season a lot better than the rushed 6 (despite good second half of the last). Even if some choices were mind boggling, they were in many ways fair and made sense compared to how things had been built up.

I was afraid of them going with the Cersei being too "kind" angle or the winterfell suplot ending up with littlefinger winning. It is still silly how quickly Danny and Jon got along and believed in another and how they dealt with the zombies. Oh suicide mission to grap a zombie to convince your enemy still is a stupid side plot.

Well how else was the Night King going to get a dragon?

- So what were the WW's going to do without the dragon? Seems like that was their only way across the wall. Did no one on the team ever wonder how the dead would even make it through? And that maybe potentially gifting them their siege weapon by sending the dragons out there would basically be the only way they could actually lose?

Have the giant penetrate the entrance at the bottom and swarm that shit and take over I assume.

E92 M3

Yeah, I also think the WW will somehow show up in KL first, with the final battle taking place in Winterfell. If they reach Winterfell early next season, it's pretty much gone since they won't make the good guys win the first battle.

I think Winterfel has plot armor, while they are telegraphing King's Landing as soon to be Westero's Raccoon City

That literally makes zero sense. I'd laugh at the script all the way to the shredder.

OrionX

LF's death was anticlimactic but served a deeper satisfaction of seeing Sansa mature to the point she is no longer anyone's tool. The ultimate twist is that LF taught her how to play the game like an expert, and that will make her a force for the rest of her life. A queen who is a master spider, backed up by a sister that is a Faceless Man assassin.

Well said. I feel bad for doubting the Stark sisterly bond. LF was pretty much screwed as soon as Bran and Arya came to Winterfell. He couldn't have predicted it and ended up getting triple-teamed. Bran supplied the weapon, Sansa issued the order, and Arya carried out the execution. There's a certain beauty to it even though it was surprising to see LF fall so easily.

Ned and Catelyn would be so proud. ;_;

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Cersei telling Jaime that he was the dumbest Lannister had be coughing from laughter. That whole scene was the me of the best scenes of the entire season. Jamie's desperation in trying to get his psychotic sister to realise the stupidity of her actions was beautiful.

"Someone is going to win, you do realise that?! If the dead win, they're going to come south and kill us. If the Northerners win, they're going to remember we betrayed them, and come and kill us!"

Cersei: "I'm good!"

Hahaha!

SkylineRKR

Sansa was stupid they said. It went exactly as I predicted earlier, she isn't stupid.

But I do think they're convinced kinda easily, the Lannisters I mean. One undead guy doesn't make thousands. They have a golem themselves. What if they're being duped by some witchcraft as well?

WaterAstro

Rewatching the episode, I'm pretty sure Tyrion has turned.

Probably feels guilt for the children, even though it's not his fault, but he's probably going to protect Cersei's last child.

Man the dialogue and plot contrivances became really bad this season and especially in the finale. You can tell the show runners are just working from bullet points now and they aren't up to it. The spectacle is still cool but the show really has taken a dive since those masterful first three seasons.
Yeah....I mean, I liked this season. Did not care for the finale. But these guys aren't too great at times. For instance, The Hound walking up to The Mountain as an example felt so unnatural. That was a conversation for them as the were coming in or heading out. But just cutting into the meeting by walking up to him felt like, framing at least, something out of a theater performance.

Sansa is still kind of stupid. But mostly Arya. All hints seem to indicate she didn't turn on LF til damn near the final episode. He still had her going, potentially up to his last dumb speech about "imagine the worst." I wish we could pretend Arya and Sansa had him going the whole time, but unfortunately all their annoying spats were real.

UrbanRats

Jesus, this finale was dull as fuck.
Also they killed my boy LittleFinger, after an absurdly dumb plan (from him).
It's fine though, the writers clearly didn't know what to do with him.

Anyway, i found myself compelled to check my phone more than once, something that rarely happens.

jviggy43

Sansa was stupid they said. It went exactly as I predicted earlier, she isn't stupid.

But I do think they're convinced kinda easily, the Lannisters I mean. One undead guy doesn't make thousands. They have a golem themselves. What if they're being duped by some witchcraft as well?
Lol sansa is still stupid. Why would you wait that long to kill lf? This did not redeem that entire arc. Should have been 2 episodes max.

aBarreras

Sansa is still kind of stupid. But mostly Arya. All hints seem to indicate she didn't turn on LF til damn near the final episode. He still had her going, potentially up to his last dumb speech about "imagine the worst." I wish we could pretend Arya and Sansa had him going the whole time, but unfortunately all their annoying spats were real.

naah, they knew LF had eyes on the walls, they needed to fake, so LF wouldnt see that twist coming

I've had a thought. Stupid one but whatever.

We've seen snow fall a lot more this season but we've seen it before (wall expeditions).

But... has there been any rain at all the entire series?

I haven't rewatched the series in years but I can't think of any scene having full on rain. Closest I know is the approaching storm front with the Dothraki but there was no rain there either.

Well how else was the Night King going to get a dragon?

Thats true. It was very deliberate. I kept thinking why the fuck does he have spears and not throw it at Jons crew. They were just waiting and chilling for the dragon!

The finale would have had been so much better if jorah fedorah saw them having sex. I know he wasnt around but it was a missed opportunity.

Sansa is still an idiot and there is no way she was in on the ride the whole time.

It was mostly Arya guiding her, while Bran was probably feeding her bits of information.

Without Arya and Bran you think any of this would have happened? Shit no, lol.

sam12

Don't agree, her sending Brienne away earlier was proof enough that she had a plan at least

Gonna go with 4 > 3 > 6 > 2 > 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5 and 7.

Kings Landing used to be such a delight. Cersei's had nobody to bounce off of this season except Jamie, who just isn't that type of character. I hope somebody can have good scenes with her. Cersei just having Euron and Qyburn is boring and a waste of an actress and character.

Wads

Banned
I've had a thought. Stupid one but whatever.

We've seen snow fall a lot more this season but we've seen it before (wall expeditions).

But... has there been any rain at all the entire series?

I haven't rewatched the series in years but I can't think of any scene having full on rain. Closest I know is the approaching storm front with the Dothraki but there was no rain there either.

There was a scene with Dany in season 7 where the show opened with rain, and they were telling her how it rained like this the night she was born.

Because she probably wasn't going to decline had Jon bent the knee to her.

This would ensure that once the WW were defeated, Jon would stay loyal and protect the realm from Dany.

Once he said he already bent the knee to Dany, Cersei was out.

The idea of Euron leaving is a little sketchy to me, but probably still part of the play, if anything goes wrong, you leave, we'll work it out later.

She wasn't even asking Jon to bend the knee to her though. From what I understood, Cersei just wanted Jon to stand on the sidelines and not get involved when Dany inevitably takes her crack at the throne. Either way, Jon wasn't even the threat...the dragons, Unsullied, and Dothraki armies are what Jaime was warning her about.

Heshinsi

If Cersei says she's not going, Dany and Jon can't really afford to focus 100% on the WW because they know they're vulnerable to attacks. With her pledging to help, they're all in on the white walkers.

Yeah, which lasts until Jaime shows up and tells them about the fuckery that's about to come at them from the rear. Euron and the Golden Company coming would for sure give Jon and Dany some stuff to think about. What's the chances that Daario catches wind of this, and shows up to help Dany?

Didnt theon kill that dude wth a stone?

I was hoping it didnt have to end in death but rather the other guy "ok ok u proved your point". Theon already has too much bad blood on his hands and that other guy seemed to be showing some sympathy to theon

As for the wall magic, cant we assume dragon breath counters magic? Arent dragons creatures of magic more than nature?

Yeah....I mean, I liked this season. Did not care for the finale. But these guys aren't too great at times. For instance, The Hound walking up to The Mountain as an example felt so unnatural. That was a conversation for them as the were coming in or heading out. But just cutting into the meeting by walking up to him felt like, framing at least, something out of a theater performance.

Oh, I actually thought that was a pretty cool moment. Basically, The Hound not giving a shit about proper etiquette of however these meetings are supposed to go, walking right up to his brother and telling him straight up what the situation is.

If I so much as see a mid sized dog going crazy, I freak out

Yet Cersei calmly sits when the dragon brings in Dany.

But then she totally freaks out at the dead lol

Steejee

She wasn't even asking Jon to bend the knee to her though. From what I understood, Cersei just wanted Jon to stand on the sidelines and not get involved when Dany inevitably takes her crack at the throne. Either way, Jon wasn't even the threat...the dragons, Unsullied, and Dothraki armies are what Jaime was warning her about.

That's what she said she wanted, but as Cersei said she lies to protect her family. She would have gone back on her promises the moment it suited her.

Storming out as a result of Jon saying he'd already sworn for Dany was simply part of the game.

If I so much as see a mid sized dog going crazy, I freak out

Yet Cersei calmly sits when the dragon brings in Dany.

But then she totally freaks out at the dead lol

She didn't believe in the Wights, and it came right the fuck for her. She already knew about the Dragons, and Jaime had warned her plenty of them, and was ready and waiting for that demonstration. She used up her resolve keeping that stone face for the Dragon coming down but couldn't keep up the act for the Wight.

Hydrus

Rewatching the episode, I'm pretty sure Tyrion has turned.

Probably feels guilt for the children, even though it's not his fault, but he's probably going to protect Cersei's last child.

Nah. I thought that aswell, but it's him playing her. Remember his speech about lying when he was talking to Jon? He doesn't want another inbred Lannister sitting on the throne, and now even Jaime has turned on Cersi. If anything, he's gonna steal her child away from her, and she's gonna be killed. As far as the whole creepy staring scene at the end, I think it's just him being concerned that Dany is in love and it is gonna cause her to do stupid things and ruin his plan. Peter Dinklage even says it on the behind the scenes video.

You're right, I just went back and watched that part again. I'm not even sure then, I'll have to do a rewatch of the full ep and try to piece it all together.

Volimar

Didnt theon kill that dude wth a stone?

I was hoping it didnt have to end in death but rather the other guy "ok ok u proved your point". Theon already has too much bad blood on his hands and that other guy seemed to be showing some sympathy to theon

As for the wall magic, cant we assume dragon breath counters magic? Arent dragons creatures of magic more than nature?

I think it has more to do with the magic being infused in the wall. Once it fell, the magic was gone.

kmax

Well then.

* They shouldn't have gone on their stupid suicide mission just to "convince Cersei". Cersei was always going to fuck them over regardless. There's no reason to convince crazy. She should of either been put in a position to submit to the cause or die on the spot. I guess the Night King is happy though, now that he gets to play with one of Daeny's dragons.

* Jamie should of learned by now that his sister is completely crazy. He's slow, but even he realised that the Lannisters were on borrowed time.

* LF had a finger in teaching the girls how to manipulate others to have it your way. His demise is the product of his own actions. He has sunken so many houses, and he too was living on borrowed time. Can't say I'm sad to see him go, but he was a very cunning man.

Heshinsi

I think it has more to do with the magic being infused in the wall. Once it fell, the magic was gone.

What if Bran crossing is what allowed the magic in the wall to truly break? The Night King might have already had a long and slower plan to just bash through the gates and come through, but the Dragon helped do that faster. However, what if the Dragon wasn't able to truly do that without Bran's passing?

Top Bottom