• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Jarmel

Banned
Tyrion probably struck a deal with Cersei involving her child becoming Dany's successor. That's why he's all "fuuuuck" with Snow and Dany hooking up, possibly conceiving. It'd make sense considering the hamfisted BUT WHAT ABOUT YOUR SUCCESSOR thing they did earlier, and the hard cut from Tyrion finding out she's pregnant to her agreeing to the truce and "joining" the war.

I thought about that but then why would Cersei fuck them over?

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Where is Edmure Tully :(

Is he the new Gendry now?

Nah, his wife probably freed him and he's out being a family man. More importantly, where are the Tully forces that Jaime allowed to leave Riverrun and head north? Brianne's whole mission to Riverrun was to get those forces to come to Sansa. Well we saw them leave, where are they?

Addi

Finally got to watch the episode. Nice ending to the season.

I predicted Littlefinger dying this episode, but I thought it would be Sansa doing it in a one on one conversation. The way they did this was probably better, ensuring the support of the Vale and letting all truths come out in the open. I was worried for a second when Sansa revealed to LF that Arya was a faceless man though. Arya's quick kill was awesome, she doesn't give a fuck :p Funny how LF's comments about ravens makes last episode even less plausible.

I guessed the blue fire from Viserion, that was cool to see. Makes sense if there is an arial battle to have different colours so it's easier to see which dragon is doing what.

Jaime! Finally! Hopefully he kills Viserion (or an other dragon if it's turned too) and has the pages filled out in the book of knights.

Ralemont

not me
I thought about that but then why would Cersei fuck them over?

Because Cersei doesn't actually have a child, and she was just using it as a ruse to get them to cease hostilities and go north while she reconquered, just like she invented the child as a way to control Jaime

Zolo

In retrospect, LF's biggest mistake was not bringing Robin to Winterfell. He could have appealed to Robin to have the Vale forces go back if he were killed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
People in this thread thinking Tyrion is jealous of Jon Snow or had some secret love for Danny is the weirdest thing ever. Weird to see a debate about what was one of probably the clearest parts of that episode next to Littlefinger's machinisms ending up biting him in the ass.

Heshinsi

You guys honestly believe Tyrion would make a deal of that nature on his own and without telling Dany or getting her permission? Why on earth would Cersie agree to a deal that doesn't even have Dany signing off on it? Tyrion might have become dumber than a bag of rocks, but Cersie isn't dumb enough to agree to a deal that would never be accepted by Dany. If Tyrion honestly believed that she would, he is beyond redeemable.

Nah, his wife probably freed him and he's out being a family man. More importantly, where are the Tully forces that Jaime allowed to leave Riverrun and head north? Brianne's whole mission to Riverrun was to get those forces to come to Sansa. Well we say them leave, where are they?

They never went North, no deal was struck. They were disarmed by the lanister/frey armies.

Ralemont

not me
You guys honestly believe Tyrion would make a deal of that nature on his own and without telling Dany or getting her permission? Why on earth would Cersie agree to a deal that doesn't even have Dany signing off on it? Tyrion might have become dumber than a bag of rocks, but Cersie isn't dumb enough to agree to a deal that would never be accepted by Dany. If Tyrion honestly believed that she would, he is beyond redeemable.

I'm not really saying it's a great plan, just saying it's what's gonna come to pass in the show, lol.

But yes, I think Tyrion would make that deal and count on being able to convince Dany later.

-griffy-

Banned
So you guys think Selyse's baby jars are still just chilling in some room at Dragonstone?
3f55feb0-f042-0132-f0c8-0ed54733f8f5.gif

Nah, his wife probably freed him and he's out being a family man. More importantly, where are the Tully forces that Jaime allowed to leave Riverrun and head north? Brianne's whole mission to Riverrun was to get those forces to come to Sansa. Well we saw them leave, where are they?
They got lost. Probably ended up Essos.

Heshinsi

I'm not really saying it's a great plan, just saying it's what's gonna come to pass in the show, lol.

But yes, I think Tyrion would make that deal and count on being able to convince Dany later.

If he actually, truly made that deal, he deserves to be executed. That shit is borderline treason, and he is a liability. His council and advise are suspect now, and he truly can't be trusted if he's making deals of this nature behind people's back.

RDreamer

i see it coming but i really fucking hope Tyrion doesnt fuck them over.

Tyrion seems to be in a weird spot. I truly believe he's not a fucking moron and thus knows Dany would make a much better queen than Cersei. Cersei shouldn't be anywhere near the crown. That said, he does feel bad about fucking over his family and even though his sister's a complete cunt he probably feels some loyalty.

So, he has indeed been kind of fucking them over in that he's advised Dany not to just go after King's Landing. I don't think/hope he'll do nothing more to specifically help Cersei other than trying to keep her alive.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Tyrion seems to be in a weird spot. I truly believe he's not a fucking moron and thus knows Dany would make a much better queen than Cersei. Cersei shouldn't be anywhere near the crown. That said, he does feel bad about fucking over his family and even though his sister's a complete cunt he probably feels some loyalty.

So, he has indeed been kind of fucking them over in that he's advised Dany not to just go after King's Landing. I don't think/hope he'll do nothing more to specifically help Cersei other than trying to keep her alive.

Real talk, he probably just guaranteed the baby's safety if she agreed to the terms. Maybe a situation like Theon was in where it's raised by him or Dany after the war, at the very most.

Heshinsi

Real talk, he probably just guaranteed the baby's safety if she agreed to the terms. Maybe a situation like Theon was in where it's raised by him or Dany after the war, at the very most.

Yeah, that makes more sense. Promising Cersei that her child would succeed Dany is something that is unbelievable.

bionic77

Would be awesome if Cersei was sent to the Watch (or whatever is left of it after this war).

Death is too good for her. She needs something worse than that.

Artanisix

i'm of the opinion that cersei will be the final boss of the last season

night king will get wiped halfway through, finishing off cersei being the last of it

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, that makes more sense. Promising Cersei that her child would succeed Dany is something that is unbelievable.

I mean, if Dany can't have kids then that child may well become the de facto successor to the throne. He probably pointed this out while making his pitch.

RDreamer

I could see him offering that, but that's not really something he can agree to and it'd be weird and suspicious for Cersei to agree to it without Dany actually agreeing to it in person.

Ralemont

not me

But fits what we've seen in the show better. It explains Tyrion's weird look at the Jon/Dany hookup, and retroactively gives narrative sense to the bizarre successor talk that people were making fun of when it aired.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I could see him offering that, but that's not really something he can agree to and it'd be weird and suspicious for Cersei to agree to it without Dany actually agreeing to it in person.

Dany gets nothing from killing a baby. If she was willing to off a newborn then she's not the person Tyrion thought she was in the first place and doesn't deserve the Iron Throne. She'd be betraying her whole "I want to break the wheel" thing. If she were willing to kill the kid she'd just be more of the same.

But fits what we've seen in the show better. It explains Tyrion's weird look at the Jon/Dany hookup, and retroactively gives narrative sense to the bizarre successor talk that people were making fun of when it aired.

Tyrion is likely worried about what this means going forward. He's already seen Dany willing to potentially throw her own life away to save Jon once, and Jon's willing to sacrifice himself to beat the Night King and save the world. That's not a great combination when you want Dany to survive all this and ascend to the Iron Throne.

Oberon

Banned
I find it kind of weird that they didn't even try to negotiate to get Yara Greyjoy and the 2 people from Dorne back. I get that there are more pressing manners but it was still weird.

zewone

No, it doesn't.

People are looking into this Tyrion look way too much.

He's concerned where her head is and right now it's falling in love with Jon and not doing what's best for her campaign.

They touched on it in the previous episode when Tyrion and Dany were talking about her feelings for Jon.

Heshinsi

I mean, if Dany can't have kids then that child may well become the de facto successor to the throne. He probably pointed this out while making his pitch.

Here's the problem with that, no one amongst Dany or Jon's crew are going to accept that. Not one of them would accept a Lannister ruling over them. So how does he make a deal like this knowing that it would be rejected? How does he not know, that Cersei wouldn't go for this without assurances from Dany and Co that they've signed off on it?

Dany: "Jon so because I can't have a baby, Tyrion here made a deal behind my back to allow Cersei's baby to become your new King/Queen after me. Cool?!"

Jon: "Fuck that shit. I already have my hands full thinking about how I'm going to smooth bending the knee to you over with the North, you want them to accept Cersei's kid as their future monarch on top of that?!"

Dothraki: "Nah fuck that."

Unsullied: "Fuck Lannisters!"

And on and on lol.

Ralemont

not me
No, it doesn't.

People are looking into this Tyrion look way too much.

He's concerned where her head is and right now it's falling in love with Jon and not doing what's best for her campaign.

They touched on it in the previous episode when Tyrion and Dany were talking about her feelings for Jon.

It's not just the Tyrion look. If all Tyrion promised was that the baby'd be safe, there's no reason to cut that out of the scene. The only reason to not show the details of Tyrion's deal is so it can be revealed later in a more shocking way.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Here's the problem with that, no one amongst Dany or Jon's crew are going to accept that. Not one of them would accept a Lannister ruling over them. So how does he make a deal like this knowing that it would be rejected? How does he not know, that Cersei wouldn't go for this without assurances from Dany and Co that they've signed off on it?

It's not really a deal though. It's a "you know, if Dany winds up raising your kid, she can't have her own you know, she may well decide he/she's the right person to succeed her after she's gone" thing. She'll have to pick someone at some point, why not the kid she's raised almost from birth and instilled with her own values?

He doesn't need to make it a deal, the situation would be such that she'd potentially make the decision on her own.

night king will get wiped halfway through, finishing off cersei being the last of it

I don't know how to feel about that. On one hand it makes sense because Cersei is the one who has the developed backstory and we can get a really emotional ending for a bunch of characters.

Cersei is also so evil that she's worse than the Night King, who is just a rogue A.I created by magic.

Cersei also has a human side, as seen with her love for Jamie, but she's also tragic in her own way.

She is a fitting villain, and mirrors the mad king well enough. But for all of that, she just doesn't have the power that dragons or the undead have.

She can trick and scheme, but Dany and Jon have to be pretty dumb to fall for her any of tricks.

On the other hand, the Night King is too meta. His story is supernatural, and also divine in the roles that the God of Light and Dragons play. He also compliments Jon's story arc better.

I can't see the show having Cersei in the end because her battle would have to be between herself and Dany.

But the entire series is about the Starks and the White Walkers, so Jon/Night King has to be the ultimate fight.

But the ordering makes that difficult since we can't possibly have the entire season be between the dead and Jon Snow.

RDreamer

Dany gets nothing from killing a baby. If she was willing to off a newborn then she's not the person Tyrion thought she was in the first place and doesn't deserve the Iron Throne. She'd be betraying her whole "I want to break the wheel" thing. If she were willing to kill the kid she'd just be more of the same.

I understand it, it just feels a bit off. I do agree that's it's actually what was happening. Tyrion said if she help she could get mercy on her child and he'd go to bat for her with Dany. She says yes, I'll do it and then you get the scene in the show of her coming back.

Now the issue that I have here is that Tyrion's kind of a moron for believing Cersei just goes along with it without any actual concrete word from Dany about it. Like in what world would Cersei give in on some vague fucking hope Dany might spare her child off in the future? She wants concretes. It's why she asked what she did of Jon and then noped it the fuck out when he said he already pledged.

Krogan

I find it kind of weird that they didn't even try to negotiate to get Yara Greyjoy and the 2 people from Dorne back. I get that there are more pressing manners but it was still weird.

It should be more important because they would still want the Dornish army involved.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I understand it, it just feels a bit off. I do agree that's it's actually what was happening. Tyrion said if she help she could get mercy on her child and he'd go to bat for her with Dany. She says yes, I'll do it and then you get the scene in the show of her coming back.

Now the issue that I have here is that Tyrion's kind of a moron for believing Cersei just goes along with it without any actual concrete word from Dany about it. Like in what world would Cersei give in on some vague fucking hope Dany might spare her child off in the future? She wants concretes. It's why she asked what she did of Jon and then noped it the fuck out when he said he already pledged.

Maybe he promised to pull a Ned and protect the kid's identity?

RDreamer

I kind of think that's how it'll go, but man that would kind of blow. They've been hyping up the White Walkers for 7 goddamned season and they get offed in like 3 episodes? That seems spectacularly dumb.

Maybe he promised to pull a Ned and protect the kid's identity?

I could see that, but then that kind of separates it from the weird creeper Tyrion look at the end that started most of this speculation. If he just offered to take the baby as his own and hide who it's from or something then I'm not sure why Dany fucking Jon worries him so much.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Who watches TV like this??

8FKiZvs.png

Nothing's even happening on screen when they're reacting like that. I was watching some clips from this bar last week. It's kind of entertaining, in a "How overdramatic can this room full of hipsters behave?" kind of way.
Because they know what is going to happen, they put 1 and 1 together and knew it equals Night King.

Top Bottom