• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

CheckMate

What was the Night Kings original plan of destroying the wall prior to acquiring a Dragon?

Why do the characters have to keep reminding the viewer of every little detail? Why are there so many terrible jokes? Bronn making an Unsullied joke was pure cringe. Season 1 writing was night and day

Where was the Horn that Sam found?

How did Sam know about Jon when Gilly read it and he didn't pay attention?

Why did Jon Snow have sex outside of marriage if he is trying to be as honorable like his father? He didn't have choice before since he was undercover and under oath, but now he can get married and raise children. His principle on bastard children and that he didn't want any was admirable tbh.

I like the show but I guess I'll continue the books since I don't think it will have a good conclusion.

The explanation fits the GoT universe. If you're curious, you could look into it.
Even if there is a legitimate explanation for it (why wasn't it explained in the episode then) it's still a weak point of the GoT universe.
You're damn right he did.
:( doesn't he have the decency to respect privacy
I agree with you, I wish he was named after Aemon or Jaehaerys.
Aegon is just...weird, I can't even call him that.
I understand why, but I think it's still a bad decision.
Jaehaerys would be perfect. Both names start with J, would've been fitting that the first name Ned thought of would be Jon, and he looks like a Jaehaerys. He don't look like a fucking Aegon.
Yeah man, remember he wargs into Longclaw so he had ringside seats.
I gotta go watch the episode again

zewone

nah i don't think the dragon is stronger now that it's a zombie. it's just that dragons are magical creatures. and magic undoes the spell of what kept the wall up.exactly. but it's hot blue on cold blue.

No. He's confirmed stronger than before he was alive. When was ol' boy shooting blue flames when he was living? It's hotter.

I think 2v1 dragon fighting he'll still have the advantage. I'd wager he has other unique abilities that have yet to be revealed.

The blue parts of a flame is hotter than the orange parts.

s c i e n c e

? bro you are proving my point here. blue fire is hotter than orange fire, therefore, if the zombie dragon misfired, he would do even more damage to the NKing's army than Jon & Dany ever could

Isn't that wahat you said?
yes, which is what is confusing me
No. He's confirmed stronger than before he was alive. When was ol' boy shooting blue flames when he was living? It's hotter.

I think 2v1 dragon fighting he'll still have the advantage. I'd wager he has other unique abilities that have yet to be revealed.
where was this confirmed dude?

edit: sorry for double post

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Season 1 writing was night and day

It's been getting worse with each season. Characters becoming caricatures of themselves, and I'm sure there's some amount of the writers being aware of what a lot of the "fans" like and what gets spread around as memes and having that influence some of their work. It's still a good show in my book, but I think this kind of stuff is inevitable with every show that goes on for a long time.

What was the Night Kings original plan of destroying the wall prior to acquiring a Dragon?

Why do the characters have to keep reminding the viewer of every little detail? Why are there so many terrible jokes? Bronn making an Unsullied joke was pure cringe. Season 1 writing was night and day

Why did Jon Snow have sex outside of marriage if he is trying to be as honorable like his father? He didn't have choice before since he was undercover and under oath, but now he can get married and raise children. His principle on bastard children and that he didn't want any was admirable tbh.

I like the show but I guess I'll continue the books since I don't think it will have a good conclusion.

The Lord of Light has Jon's back, so he can cut back on the honour shit when hot af Dany the Dragon Queen is eyeing him.

Oberon

Banned

Or maybe, the more logical rasion is that it's blue because everything else about the Ww is blue.

First of all, how do we know the other Aegon was dead before Jon was born? And second of all, so what? If he had a child that died why would he give another of his children the same name? It's still fucking stupid. It's not difficult to parse at all. But it's difficult to accept. I'm calling it a flaw. Yah exactly it's a Targaryen name so I've got no doubt in my mind that Rhaegar was the one who chose the name why would Lyanna choose the same name as her husband's other chuld it's stupid. Him having the last name Targaryen signifies his birthright.

Well, I'm over here talking about how dumb it is. It's not confusing, it's fucking dumb. Jon should've been named Jaehaerys.

We know Aegon 1 was dead because we know that Ned was at the tower in Dorne when Lyanna dies after giving birth to Jon but we also know that Ned was at the Sacking of Kings Landing and had a falling out with Robert over the Lannisters killing the Targaryen children. They only became close again later on after Lyanna dies.

Lyanna is from House Stark and ALL the Lords and Ladies of the houses know the lineage of the Targaryen's. It makes perfect sense that she would name her son with Rhaegar after someone from his family now that we know they loved each other and were married and he was dead when Jon was born.

I'm assuming that since Robyn still isn't old enough to lead them that Royce assumes the title of Lord Protector of the Vale now, which is probably better for everyone involved. He seems to keep his head further from his ass than the average Game of Thrones character.

That would make sense, yes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
? bro you are proving my point here. blue fire is hotter than orange fire, therefore, if the zombie dragon misfired, he would do even more damage to the NKing's army than Jon & Dany ever could
That's true but..

Dany burning her own soldiers: political/moral nightmare
NK burning his soldiers: no one cares, can make more

CLEEK

It's a moot point considering that regular dragon fire is already plenty hot enough to wipe out any enemy, army or defensive position. Hot enough to turn people into ash, melt castles, the works.

It's more like Team Living have a couple of 10KT nukes and the Night King has one 20KT nuke. A weapon of even-more-mass-destruction.

Haly

They could chuck a piece of dragonglass at Viserion and the magic animating him should break.

Obviously they're not going to but there's no reason why it shouldn't, unless the NK being in contact means the magic is unbreakable.

CheckMate

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Did Cersei say the Golden Company has elephants? I hope they're LOTR-style fantasy elephants and not equivalent to ours, could make for some dope battles next season.

Haly

How is Cersei going to teleport the elephants to Westeros without Euron?

How is Cersei going to teleport the elephants to Westeros without Euron?

Not sure what you mean, Euron is going to be the one to bring the golden company to westeros.

Man, Jon and Dany will suffer a lot of casualties against the WW's, with the golden company Cersei will end up with the upper hand.
Or maybe NK just kills everyone.

Sadist

Whens Kaioken x 10

Then dragons get much bigger than they are now though right? I doubt the dead dragon keeps growing so when it meets drogon the size difference will be even bigger.

pablito

Sam told Gilly what an annulment was. He was annoyed and preoccupied with other things, but he heard her.

You ask why writers remind people of details. Seems like people actually need it.

Venture

It's been getting worse with each season. Characters becoming caricatures of themselves, and I'm sure there's some amount of the writers being aware of what a lot of the "fans" like and what gets spread around as memes and having that influence some of their work. It's still a good show in my book, but I think this kind of stuff is inevitable with every show that goes on for a long time.
This is pretty much where I'm at right now. The previous episode was so dumb. I've just stopped thinking about the show and try to enjoy it for what it is. Still, that was a pretty good finish to the season.

Doomsayer

Sam told Gilly what an annulment was. He was annoyed and preoccupied with other things, but he heard her.

You ask why writers remind people of details. Seems like people actually need it.

This so much. It must be frustrating when people say "they don't let us figure anything out and everything is obvious." While on the flip side others will forget pretty big details and blame it on shitty writing.

Granted the writing wasn't the best this season, someone asking who Rhaegar was is hilarious.

jfkgoblue

Not when you consider piracy. Mash and many other shows were on OTA tv and available at any house. Once you add in piracy it's one of the biggest pop culture phenoms of all time absolutely.
Even if you add piracy, which is measured worldwide, it doesn't equal the 130m that watched the Mash finale in the US alone.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Watching the Burlington Bars reactions.. the Littlefinger part had them going wild lol

edit:

And that Littlefinger trial is great. i love how everything is just laid out. Everything he came up with Sansa had the answer that would make him look as bad as possible lol

jfkgoblue

She was reading the notes he had already transcribed, he says it right in the episode.

Yes, Tywin being alive would have prevented that.

Hard to say actually. Tywin agreed with Margaery marrying Tommen and it was Margaery gaining Tommen's ear through seduction that caused him to reject Cersei's advice leading down the path she took.

Who knows if Tommen actually listens to Tywin or if he rejects his advice the same way he did his mothers and where that leads.

Top Bottom