• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

I think Dany will be happier about the news that Jon is actually a legitimate Targaryen instead of a bastard.
Because the latter would mean
she had Sand in her p***y
, and as we know that would upset anyone.

I am not sorry
she should/would definitely be happy because all this time she thought she was alone with no more family, but she has a nephew. and she has her in laws by extension; with Jon, the Starks are her family

Speely

Banned
I think Dany will be happier about the news that Jon is actually a legitimate Targaryen instead of a bastard.
Because the latter would mean
she had Sand in her p***y
, and as we know that would upset anyone.

I am not sorry

That was rough.

exactly; Bran says "his last name isn't Snow, it's Sand." - but if he heard Lyanna right the first time, wouldn't he have heard her say "Aegon Targaryen"?

No.

Because he would have been born out of wedlock, are you reading what I'm saying??

Why isn't Jon called Stark?

Why wasn't Ramsay called Bolton?

What about Oberyns childern? They were all Sand. Not Martell.

Because they were Born out of wedlock, in which case they are bastards.

molnizzle

Dany's totally going to insist on calling him Aegon once she finds out the truth isn't she? lol

Once she finds out his real name it's gonna be like a waterfall down there.

No.

Because he would have been born out of wedlock, are you reading what I'm saying??

Lyanna wouldn't have called him Aegon Targaryen then. She'd have called him Aegon Sand, or Jon Sand, or whatever else. Calling him a Targaryen tells Bran that the baby is a legitimate heir.

No.

but then Lyanna would've said "his name is Aegon Sand" but she said "his name is Aegon Targaryen"

I get the bastard concept dude, if Bran actually heard what Lyanna said back in the season 6 finale then he would've heard her saying "his name is Aegon Targaryen" that's literally what she says...

Lyanna wouldn't have called him Aegon Targaryen then. She's have called him Aegon Sand, or Jon Sand, or whatever else.

but then Lyanna would've said "his name is Aegon Sand" but she said "his name is Aegon Targaryen"

I get the bastard concept dude, if Bran actually heard what Lyanna said back in the season 6 finale then he would've heard her saying "his name is Aegon Targaryen" that's literally what she says...

Are you kidding?

SHE WAS MARRIED AND SHE KNEW IT.

BRAN DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE MARRIED SO HE ASSUMED SAND.

caps to get my point across.

molnizzle

No, they were married briefly. Ae(Jon) is a legitimate Targ.

...that's what I said.

Are you kidding?

...are you kidding?

IF BRAN HEARD HER CALL THE BABY TARGARYEN HE WOULD THEN KNOW SHE AND RHAEGAR WERE MARRIED

HE WOULDN'T HAVE ASSUMED SAND BECAUSE HE HEARD HIS MOTHER PRESENT HIM AS AEGON TARGARYEN, MEANING R+L WERE MARRIED

lol

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
He did hear it.

But he assumed that he was born out of wedlock, so he would have still been called Sand, it wasn't until Sam pointed him towards the wedding that the pieces came together.

How did he hear "Aegon Targaryen" the first time and then go, "yeah I think my aunt doesn't know what she's talking about, Aegon Sand, cool"?

Are you kidding?

dude...Lyanna says "his name is Aegon Targaryen..." surely, Lyanna was educated and knew a bastard from a trueborn, so if Jon was a bastard she would've said "his name is Aegon Sand..."

Forum needs a sticky about Jon Snow.

-Jon's familial relationship to Dany
-who Rhaegar Targaryen is
-he was married to Jon's mother Lyanna
-Why Jon is a legitimate Targaryen and heir to the Iron Throne.

I'm pretty sure he's just kind of in shock of what he's seeing and isn't paying attention. He wouldn't have thought there was a reason to listen to her whisper the name because he already knew it was Jon and, at that point, believed the story that Rhaegar had kidnapped Lyanna and raped her.

Once Sam tells him of the marriage he checks that first then goes back to the moment Lyanna talks to Ned and listens closer.

I'm pretty sure he's just kind of in shock of what he's seeing and isn't paying attention. He wouldn't have thought there was a reason to listen to her whisper the name because he already knew it was Jon and, at that point, believed the story that Rhaegar had kidnapped Lyanna and raped her.

Once Sam tells him of the marriage he checks that first then goes back to the moment Lyanna talks to Ned and listens closer.

Yeah, I don't think he heard the whisper. He was standing at a distance (and apparently that matters in these warg backs?), and was probably paying more attention to his own father.

It was clear from his monologue revelation he still thought Rhaegar had raped Lyanna.

...that's what I said.

...are you kidding?

IF BRAN HEARD HER CALL THE BABY TARGARYEN HE WOULD THEN KNOW SHE AND RHAEGAR WERE MARRIED

HE WOULDN'T HAVE ASSUMED SAND BECAUSE HE HEARD HIS MOTHER PRESENT HIM AS AEGON TARGARYEN, MEANING R+L WERE MARRIED

lol

How did he hear "Aegon Targaryen" the first time and then go, "yeah I think my aunt doesn't know what she's talking about, Aegon Sand, cool"?

dude...Lyanna says "his name is Aegon Targaryen..." surely, Lyanna was educated and knew a bastard from a trueborn, so if Jon was a bastard she would've said "his name is Aegon Sand..."

You're all right, I admit defeat. Apologies.

I guess we can just consider it all to be a mistake in writing, or the fragments thing Bran talked about earlier in the season.

that goes back to the original question of, did Bran just not hear her the first time just like the audience didn't? coz I thought it was just the audience who couldn't hear her.

sangreal

Interesting that you mention that, because what Cersei is doing with the wights is exactly what Tywin did in Robert's Rebellion... of course the Wights are less a generic army and more an existential threat. This is a good example of Cersei emulating Tywin, but removing his wisdom and perspective and jacking up cunning and power hungry-ness.

She'll do whatever it takes to not have to feel responsibility or grief. Lena Headey said in an interview that it's totally a coping mechanism for her, she doesn't want to dwell on her mistakes, so she pushes them on other people. The problem with the "if Tywin hadn't died" logic is that if you follow it for long enough, you can still blame her for it since she pushed for Tyrion's trial and conviction more than anyone.

Yeah I made this point earlier but it's her fault Bo matter how you cut it and specifically it's because she always blames Tyrion so she hasn't even learned anything.

She accuses Tyrion of killing Joffrey with no evidence besides that which she manufactures. She then uses her influence to stop anyone from defending Tyrion in the trial by combat which leads to Oberyn doing it. Which leads to Oberyn and Tywins deaths. Myrcella is killed out of revenge for Oberyn and Cersei even helped things along with her dumb ploy to have Jaime invade Dorne with Bronn. Tywin being dead just lets Cersei engage in a series of increasingly worse decisions until Tommen finally kills himself in response to her actions. Of course she could have also listened to Jaime in Tywins absence during any of these events but she chose not do that either.

She is directly responsible for her own woes

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Eh. I lost my virginity to my cousin (I'm from Florida, so not super-shocking.) There's tons of incest in human history. Shit gets weird sometimes.

My parents wanted to set me up in an arranged marriage with a cousin as well. Told them "hell no!" Lol

molnizzle

that goes back to the original question of, did Bran just not hear her the first time just like the audience didn't? coz I thought it was just the audience who couldn't hear her.

I guess that is the implication here.

Would have helped to do a quick shot of Bran leaning in closer to better hear Lyanna. Something, I dunno.

Bran gotta learn to work those visions like a DVR. But yeah...that's what I thought. Bran is physically standing there like the rest of us, kinda, and heard just as much/little. You'd think he'd lean in or somethin'....I dunno.

I guess that is the implication here.

Would have helped to do a quick shot of Bran leaning in closer to better hear Lyanna. Something, I dunno.

I just checked both scenes and it's just a copy and paste from last season.

You're right, they should have at least made a quick cut of Bran wearing a different outfit to show that he's now revisiting the scene.

Like I said, I think he's pretty much in shock at seeing what he's seeing. Warging through time is still new and he similarly was in shock at seeing how the fight between Ned and Sir Dayne actually went compared to the story he's heard repeatedly for years.

This is probably part of why the original 3 Eyed Raven limits Bran's exposure to the past. Bran just wasn't ready for it. Didn't know what to look for or how to handle it.

It's probably not healthy to spend all your time living in the past. It probably causes you to lose your sense of self and start acting like a little dick to everyone who cares about you.

Just a theory.

Like I said, I think he's pretty much in shock at seeing what he's seeing. Warging through time is still new and he similarly was in shock at seeing how the fight between Ned and Sir Dayne actually went compared to the story he's heard repeatedly for years.

This is probably part of why the original 3 Eyed Raven limits Bran's exposure to the past. Bran just wasn't ready for it. Didn't know what to look for or how to handle it.

even if he's in shock though, how could that impair his hearing? whether or not Lyanna was raped, her words were, "his name is Aegon Targaryen"

VDenter

Banned
The scene with Jamie leaving Kings Landing just as snow is starting to fall was probably my favorite scene this season. The music and the way it was shot was pretty much perfect. I got chills when it happened. The Winter can last for decades and most characters probably wont live to see spring ever again. It is perfectly dark yet fitting in that Game of Thrones way.

Man, I feel like so many characters are going to have unsatisfying conclusions to their stories. There's so much to fit into these last 6 episodes.

Like there's the whole war against the dead, the war against Cersei and the Golden Company, CLEGANEBOWL, Theon's redemption, political drama with Jon's heritage etc.

Like how are the Stark children going to have a satisfying ending? They've basically been the protagonists since the first episode, and now that Arya and Sansa have risen back to power in Winterfell I feel like there's not really any time for them to do much of anything.

Maybe Arya and the Hound can team up and tag team the Mountain, then afterwards Arya can slit the throat of a cowering Cersei.

Man, I feel like so many characters are going to have unsatisfying conclusions to their stories. There's so much to fit into these last 6 episodes.

Like there's the whole war against the dead, the war against Cersei and the Golden Company, CLEGANEBOWL, Theon's redemption, political drama with Jon's heritage etc.

Like how are the Stark children going to have a satisfying ending? They've basically been the protagonists since the first episode, and now that Arya and Sansa have risen back to power in Winterfell I feel like there's not really any time for them to do much of anything.

Maybe Arya and the Hound can team up and tag team the Mountain, then afterwards Arya can slit the throat of a cowering Cersei.

i hope every episode next season is 2 hours.

even if he's in shock though, how could that impair his hearing? whether or not Lyanna was raped, her words were, "his name is Aegon Targaryen"

Because when he was there the first time, he didn't know what he would find or that there was anything there worth listening to.

People do that all the time. Sort of tune out portions of conversations when they're having them or miss elements of dialogue in a show or movie they're watching.

Oberon

Banned
It's probably not healthy to spend all your time living in the past. It probably causes you to lose your sense of self and start acting like a little dick to everyone who cares about you.

Just a theory.

"I know you held a knife to my fathers throat little finger, you looked beautiful that day"

Top Bottom