• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

The Jawless Wight (aka Dumb Cunt) needs to return with Thoros' topknot to taunt Clegane.

e4AB7Sa.gif

EP6 - Jon is getting wrecked and looks like he will lose, but then Brann comes in and is able to restrain the NK with his crazy ass powers. Jon manages to kill the NK and all the WW disappear with him. Westros is completely wrecked. The story flashes forward. Jon and Dany give an epic speech about rebuild the world as a better place blahblah. Jon and Dany sit on new thrones as equals along with their child, Eddard Targaryen Stark. All the dragons die, but new eggs are left behind. Most of the main cast lives and get somewhat happy endings.

Hear me out, what if Dany gives birth to the dragon eggs?

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I dunno. I think back to Maester Aemon's talk with Jon about why love is forbidden.

What happens to Dany's level head if Cersei murders Jon now?

The same Dany that was worrying about Jon and rushed to his side the moment she heard he needed help? Tyrion is being a moody asshole because he realises that Dany actually stepped up from a fuck buddy in Daario, to a real potential life partner in Jon. Can't easily have her abandon this man Tyrion. Know you're place buddy, and start formulating actual legit plans again.

It's sad that Varys had no speaking lines this episode at all. Also, Mel's comment to him in regards to his death is sorta making sense to me. If Dany leaves her advisors like Messandei and Varys behind at Dragonstone, and Cersei makes a move on the Island now that it doesn't have dragons protecting it, than Varys will end up either dying in the attack, or being executed for treason.

Goodstyle

I have a friend who's still broken up about what happened to Littlefinger. A few hours ago, I sent him this pic:

And now he won't talk to me. I expected him to have a "badass" death too, but one should be happy at how unique and fitting his end was.

Hydrus

I have a friend who's still broken up about what happened to Littlefinger. A few hours ago, I sent him this pic:

And now he won't talk to me. I expected him to have a "badass" death too, but one should be happy at how unique and fitting his end was.

What an absolutely great picture! Your a great friend!

Edit: Lmao you edited your post and fixed it.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Do you guys think LF would have been killed if he didn't try to play Arya and Sansa against each other? All the stuff he was accused on that were capital crimes were things he did in the past. But had he fully committed to helping House Stark, and decided to truly be there for Cat's daughters, does Bran still tell Sansa the things he knew? I'm thinking no, and that it was actually Sansa going to Bran that got Bran speaking.

I want to see Theon and the I R O N B O Y S wreck Euron and either bring the Golden Company to Dany's service through some "Orders were changed" type thing or just straight up leave them where they are.
I have a feels that Theon does not make it out alive trying to rescue Yara. Dying while trying to do the right thing is probably his only redemption arc.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Do you guys think LF would have been killed if he didn't try to play Arya and Sansa against each other? All the stuff he was accused on that were capital crimes were things he did in the past. But had he fully committed to helping House Stark, and decided to truly be there for Cat's daughters, does Bran still tell Sansa the things he knew? I'm thinking no, and that it was actually Sansa going to Bran that got Bran speaking.

Yea, if he didn't try and do anything Sansa seemed willing to leave well enough alone given his experience running a country was valuable to her and Jon both.

I have a feels that Theon does not make it out alive trying to rescue Yara. Dying while trying to do the right thing is probably his only redemption arc.

Agreed. No way he survives that. At most he takes down Euron and sets Yara free. Or sets Yara free, dies, and she takes down Euron.

I'm confused? Bran ?

nah Petyr. If you remember back in season 5, when Sansa is in the crypts of Winterfell and Petyr comes to her. She goes "Rhaegar chose my Aunt Lyanna, and then he kidnapped her and raped her." Petyr does this smirk, implying he knows more to the story than she does, and that's it.

and, that's it. he's dead, so we'll never know what he knew.

Vectorman

Banned
Real talk, Sansa needs to meet a chill guy. I'm shocked that our conquerer of women Podrick was in Winterfell and didn't introduce himself.

nah Petyr. If you remember back in season 5, when Sansa is in the crypts of Winterfell and Petyr comes to her. She goes "Rhaegar chose my Aunt Lyanna, and then he kidnapped her and raped her." Petyr does this smirk, implying he knows more to the story than she does, and that's it.

and, that's it. he's dead, so we'll never know what he knew.

what

that means nothing

He knew nothing about that situation.

Goodstyle

What an absolutely great picture! Your a great friend!

Edit: Lmao you edited your post and fixed it.

Damn, I was hoping I'd fix it before any of you jokers caught on.

I think if he used the letter he found to turn the lords against Sansa and earn their trust through manipulation, he would have won. But I don't think he had it in him to hurt Sansa like that.

man, for all the criticisms this show deserves, the acting in this episode has been top notch. from practically everyone

Obviously Baelish, but I LOVED Jaime's actor's performance in the scene in the end where he's arguing with Cersei. Absolutely fantastic.

And Jon x Dany, that was simply the hottest sex scene of all time. Of ALL TIME.

That looked more like he was self reflecting on what she said

'Sucks that the same will happen to you' kinda look
oh yeah I suppose that is another legit way of looking at it. before r+l=j was revealed though, a lot of people looked at that scene as another clue.

edit: sorry for double post

mokeyjoe

I agree, it was fitting. There wasn't a moment before that when he was anything less than smug and composed. Him going out grovelling on the floor was just right.

I think if he used the letter he found to turn the lords against Sansa and earn their trust through manipulation, he would have won. But I don't think he had it in him to hurt Sansa like that.

You think the man that traded Sansa to Ramsey 'Flayed Man' Bolton wouldn't have it in him to hurt her?

Keep in mind that Little Finger has a spy network that rivals Varys' so he most certainly knew exactly what kind of person Ramsay was.

yukonrye

I want to see a montage of Bra....Three Eyed Raven...having to search through hours of the High Septon logging his shit before he arrives at Rhaegar's wedding. I wonder how good his search function is.

redfox088

Banned
The same Dany that was worrying about Jon and rushed to his side the moment she heard he needed help? Tyrion is being a moody asshole because he realises that Dany actually stepped up from a fuck buddy in Daario, to a real potential life partner in Jon. Can't easily have her abandon this man Tyrion. Know you're place buddy, and start formulating actual legit plans again.

It's sad that Varys had no speaking lines this episode at all. Also, Mel's comment to him in regards to his death is sorta making sense to me. If Dany leaves her advisors like Messandei and Varys behind at Dragonstone, and Cersei makes a move on the Island now that it doesn't have dragons protecting it, than Varys will end up either dying in the attack, or being executed for treason.
Varys asked Bronn how much he was being compensated by the Lannisters

Goodstyle

You think the man that traded Sansa to Ramsey 'Flayed Man' Bolton wouldn't have it in him to hurt her?

Keep in mind that Little Finger has a spy network that rivals Varys' so he most certainly knew exactly what kind of person Ramsay was.
I feel like LF has a bootleg spy network. He doesn't have birds, just a few folks loyal to him. He genuinely thought Ramsay was a sweet kid, you can see it in their conversation. He actually thought Sansa could manipulate him.

It wasn't that LF knew and didn't care, it was more that he badly miscalculated. Also, I'm not saying LF had a selfless love for Sansa, but he had this idea that he could always control her and that she would one day submit to him. He wanted that pretty picture in his mind so bad, and it cost him in the end.

Gin-Shiio

Great final episode to cap the season off. You don't need tons of action to make a good impression. Politics is where this show used to shine, and I am glad they made one last comeback.

Littlefinger going out like a bitch makes sense, a scheming character always should go down like that. Him crying and begging was great, and he was one of my favorite characters. You ought to feel at least a little bad though, dude had no chance against someone who can see past and present.

As for Jon and Dany, I really didn't feel that sex scene. I don't see chemistry between them, and the show constantly shoving their romance into our faces was rather grating. We get it, they'll fuck. To be frank, the show being so aggressive with it made their lack of on-screen chemistry even more apparent to me. Everyone had to point out that Jon couldn't get his eyes off her, but his actor always bears the same expression. I felt like it was the show admitting to his shortcomings.

Anyhow, the one year wait begins. Seven episodes go by way too fast. I hope they finish things off strong.

Seriously. It literally looked like Tormund was fucked there. I don't even think we saw confirmation that they even escaped. I too was bracing myself and was sure he was a goner. I was sure the dragon was gonna aim right for them.
I wouldn't be surprised if their plan was to bring tormund back, but with the blowback this season regarding character plot armor, instead decides that he was killed off (I hope not).

Overall I liked the season, but the writing was not great. The reason.felt rushed and in a hurry to tie up loose ends which often lead to illogical or uncharacteristic character moves, or dropped storylinep. It should have probably been a full season and I worry they are going to rush the final one too. The show has previously been very thought out, but many things this season was .. Well rushed.

Regardless though. It has been an amazing looking season, and lots of things we have been waiting for for a long time are finally coming together, so it's been very exciting.

hoos30

Seriously. It literally looked like Tormund was fucked there. I don't even think we saw confirmation that they even escaped. I too was bracing myself and was sure he was a goner. I was sure the dragon was gonna aim right for them.

Tormund and Beric watched Prometheus. When a massive object is falling in one direction, run sideways.

Honey Bunny

Could Tyrion's weird look on the ship be related to his guilt over his possible betrayal of them with Cersei? The cut away from their conversation in Cersei's room seemed very intentional.

I'm just gonna say it: Jamie Lannister's mounted charge toward Dany and Rhaegon was the most epic moment of the season. And it was, in terms of this series, probably the most incredible individual moment I've seen. He's the fucking best. Tell me someone else feels the same way.

I'm just happy the season ended on somewhat of a high note, I was worried after last week. The season felt a lot more focused on bombastic action and drama than good writing, but I guess I can sorta deal with that if they don't throw all logic out of the window.

Kaizer

Banned
Does anyone else find it a little weird that Jon has said nothing about being saved from death by his undead uncle who's been missing forever or expressed any interest in what the fuck that was all about? Ibkniw there are more immediate pressing matters, but you'd like to think he'd still be mad curious about it.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Could Tyrion's weird look on the ship be related to his guilt over his possible betrayal of them with Cersei? The cut away from their conversation in Cersei's room seemed very intentional.

I was coming in here to post the same thing, I think Tyrion has betrayed them because of the child

Top Bottom