• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Vashetti

Banned
I'm just gonna say it: Jamie Lannister's mounted charge toward Dany and Rhaegon was the most epic moment of the season. And it was, in terms of this series, probably the most incredible individual moment I've seen. He's the fucking best. Tell me someone else feels the same way.

Drogon

The other two are:

Rhaegal
Viserion (now undead)

Timbuktu

Only if it's mirrored by a Cersei moment with Wight Walker baby Lannister....

clawing its way out Alien John Hurt style?

It would be quite amusing if Dany gets a death like that assistant lady in Jurassic World. The outrage would be entertaining.

_Rob_

Gotta get through the scales. Normal arrows cant get through. Need another scorpion or Night King ice javlen.

If only Ollie were still with us...
5658b917dc24d5de23d9ce31c26f140e.gif

i think it's a shame that the series/story moved away from the grey morality of warring kingdoms to the evil big bad of the white walkers. granted it was always designed that way but still, something is lost i feel.

duckroll

i think it's a shame that the series/story moved away from the grey morality of warring kingdoms to the evil big bad of the white walkers. granted it was always designed that way but still, something is lost i feel.

Did it move away though? The biggest dynamic in the story right now is how the warring factions maneuver around each other after accepting that such a threat is real. I don't think there was ever much Grey morality though. Starks good, Lannisters bad. What has changed?

Does anyone else find it a little weird that Jon has said nothing about being saved from death by his undead uncle who's been missing forever or expressed any interest in what the fuck that was all about? Ibkniw there are more immediate pressing matters, but you'd like to think he'd still be mad curious about it.
I think the idea that all of this stuff is just happening off screen. They must have spent days/weeks sailing from Eastwatch to King's Landing so plenty of time to talk about things.

Did it move away though? The biggest dynamic in the story right now is how the warring factions maneuver around each other after accepting that such a threat is real. I don't think there was ever much Grey morality though. Starks good, Lannisters bad. What has changed?
you're very right, the threat of cersei is still there. i think 'grey morality' is incorrect, what i really meant is enemies with reasoning behind what they do, some of it understandable.
the night king, by design, has none of that.

as an aside, did i hear the hound tell the mountain that someone else is to kill him? any ideas who?

MCN

Banned
Anyone else think that Jon and Dany are now married? Married offscreen, but kind of alluded to when they showed Rhaegon and Lyanna's secret wedding? It would explain why Jon so willingly "consumated", when his honour would normally prevent him from doing that.

you're very right, the threat of cersei is still there. i think 'grey morality' is incorrect, what i really meant is enemies with reasoning behind what they do, some of it understandable.
the night king, by design, has none of that.

as an aside, did i hear the hound tell the mountain that someone else is to kill him? any ideas who?
The show needs to explain why Night King wants to wipe out humanity. We already got the generic explanation for it (he was created to kill men), but it rings pretty hollow.

I dunno. Did the battle against the Lannisters not feel 'grey'? They definitely focused on the horror of the thing more than 'fuck yeah, Dragons', it was haunting.

Also, I think its as grey as its ever been really. Its not exactly like Robb or the Tyrells were these massive villains because people like Joffrey were so cartoonishly awful that you'd never root for them anyway.

But I've always had big reservations about Dany so maybe that's making me see it as more grey than some.

My only issue is that the Night King is still undeveloped, intentional as it is, the idea that he and the White Walkers are these end-game bosses who are just pure evil and want to kill everything doesn't sit right with my just yet.

My only issue is that the Night King is still undeveloped, intentional as it is, the idea that he and the White Walkers are these end-game bosses who are just pure evil and want to kill everything doesn't sit right with my just yet.
yeah i was wrong with my initial description, but this is my main issue. we went from having motives and reasoning behind our villians, even with jeoffrey, to having a supernatural big baddy that just exists to destroy.

Matt Frost

So i think the beginning of the next season is that Jamie arrives alone at Winterfell and tells Jon that Cercei bettayed them, and at the same time Beric and Tormund tells them that the wall is broken and they have a undead dragon. Then Tryrion will say “were fucked” once again. Even more than before. Cant wait!!!

I dont know how to feel about the show atm. I feel as though the white walkers have lost there sense of mystique, and they have jsut devolved into mindless generic bad guys.

I feel like most of this season was exposition and characters basically talking in the 4th

pestul

Bronn would've totally left with him, he likes to talk the talk but dude is a big softy that likes Tyrion and Jaime a bunch.
Season 8 will begin with Bronn catching up to Jamie on the road. "You fucker.. I told you I was the only one allowed to kill you."

DoomGyver

So it's up to Theon to catch and kill Euron and take over the rest of the fleet once he saves Yara. All of that would have to be done before the golden company is delivered from Essos. Good luck.

bratpack

they surely wouldn't delay this till 2019 if all the scripts are done right??

I need more GOTs now lol I hope maybe a September 2018 release please please please!!

how long did it take to complete this season from production start to air date??

i still don't understand why the mountain didn't kill jaime right there and then when cersei nodded
also i didn't think jaime leaving cersei just because he gave tyrion and co. his word he will ride north is a strong enough reason to leave her in my view, he's literally an oath breaker when he backstabbed the mad king
i thought his love for her is too strong for such a thing to bring discord between them, that's my opinion anyway
Because it was a bluff and Jaime called it. Cersei coached Mountain to just draw sword on her command (not swing it) to scare Jaime.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I saw the final episode yesterday in a cinema. It was pretty cool to watch it with an audience of +/- 1000, cheering shouting and applauding at certain scenes :).

It is going to be a dificult long wait for the next season..

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Someone explain to my dumb ass how Jon is more of an heir to the Iron Throne than Daenerys is? Shouldn't that title go directly to the kids of Aerys before the grandkids? Is it simply because he's a man?

Also that final scene with Littlefinger was the best. Loved seeing him begged for his life after 7 seasons of scheming and treachery.

I saw the final episode yesterday in a cinema. It was pretty cool to watch it with an audience of +/- 1000, cheering shouting and applauding at certain scenes :).

It is going to be a dificult long wait for the next season..

I can't imagine anything worse tbh... Glad you enjoyed it though.

Someone explain to my dumb ass how Jon is more of an heir to the Iron Throne than Daenerys is? Shouldn't that title go directly to the kids of Aerys before the grandkids? Is it simply because he's a man?

Also that final scene with Littlefinger was the best. Loved seeing him begged for his life after 7 seasons of scheming and treachery.

(Oops, apologies for double)

Jon's father was the mad king's eldest son. The throne would pass to he eldest son and then his children before it would pass to any other children of the mad King.

fuzaco

The firstborn son is the heir, so Rhaegar. And his heir is Jon. For example, Viserys could never have been king as long as Rhaegar had kids.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ah i get it, that make sense. Dany won't be happy about that lol. Well that and the fact she fucked with him. Oh boy, their reactions will be something.

RangerX

Banned
I'm still confused as to what littlefinger was actually trying to achieve with the Winterfell plot. If Sansa gets rid of Arya what happens then? He is already leader of the vale with an army. I still can't buy he didn't figure out he was being played either. The whole bullshit plot was beneath him.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Ah i get it, that make sense. Dany won't be happy about that lol. Well that and the fact she fucked with him. Oh boy, their reactions will be something.

Game of Thrones uses agnatic-cognatic primogeniture. The eldest son is the preferred heir, and the eldest son's children would be preferred to any of the eldest son's younger brothers - it doesn't loop back to the younger brothers until it has been through the entirety of the eldest son's line. A daughter is ranked lower than all her brothers.

So:

1. Aerys
_2. Rhaegar
___3. Aegon (Jon)
_4. Viserys
_5. Danaerys

Just_one

i really hope they dont go with this route...

Jon...sorry Aegon sacrifices himself to win the great battle
Denarys dies giving birth to their son , who becomes the king on the iron throne with tyrion as the hand.

REALLY LAME ending if they go this route

So it's up to Theon to catch and kill Euron and take over the rest of the fleet once he saves Yara. All of that would have to be done before the golden company is delivered from Essos. Good luck.

I think stopping the fleet will be Theon's redemption (and death). He has no other purpose that can be resolved.

Jumeira

Banned
I wouldn't blame it all on Littlefinger. He didn't kill Robert after all.

Or did he?

Also Arryn and Ned snooping around Joffrey's legitimacy. If they'd just kept their noses out of it they wouldn't have had to do the honorable thing.

He wouldnt be trusted amongst all the schemers if he didnt. Jon is right, when the Starks speak, words mean something.

Ned survives still to this day, his honour and duty protected Aegon Tygarian (Jon). Jon follows Ned teaching in everything he does and st the main mover for the great war, he'll end up the saviour of the living most likely.

Ned done the right thing.

I've been rewatching older Thrones episodes and Robb Stark might be the stupidest protagonist in the show. His stupidity doesn't excuse the evil that was done to him, but he is really really fucking dumb, even for a Stark.

DBT85

I don't think it'll matter as Jon will continue to not want the power or control, same as always.

He wouldnt be trusted amongst all the schemers if he didnt. Jon is right, when the Starks speak, words mean something.

Ned survives still to this day, his honour and duty protected Aegon Tygarian (Jon). Jon follows Ned teaching in everything he does and st the main mover for the great war, he'll end up the saviour of the living most likely.

Ned done the right thing.
I thought it was poor form of Eddard Stark to not tell his hateful wife that Jon Snow (who she wished death and disease upon) wasn't his illegitimate love child. He could've saved that boy's childhood from Catelyn Stark.

I thought it was poor form of Eddard Stark to not tell his hateful wife that Jon Snow (who she wished death and disease upon) wasn't his illegitimate love child. He could've saved that boy's childhood from Catelyn Stark.

Too much risk of letting anyone know. Anyone. Take that shit to the grave.

Top Bottom