• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

no, too anime

Too anime would be the dragon turning around and killing the Night King. Her getting nuked that way would be a brutal GoT thing to happen lol

I've been rewatching older Thrones episodes and Robb Stark might be the stupidest protagonist in the show. His stupidity doesn't excuse the evil that was done to him, but he is really really fucking dumb, even for a Stark.

haaaaaaaave you met Jon? Both are really fucking stupid, but I love both of the bros (fuck the bloodline, they're bros)

Damn I love episode 7, shit got redeemed big time in this episode. Felt like a lot of scenes could relax and there wasn't much rush in the dialogue/scenarios if that makes any sense. Incredible scenes:
- Littlefinger's demise, the entire 8 minute sequence. Probably my fave this season and one of my favorites in the show. The guy who plays him is an amazing actor, and the sisters complimented him extremely well.
- Jon Theon conversation was amazing. Loved the dialogue, and the scene with Theon on the throne room when Jon leaves is one of the best scenes in the entire season, it just looks amazing.
- Jaime leaving and almost getting killed. Whew.... The scene with the snow finally falling on KL is fucking amazing. I love scenery live shots they take on location.
- Qyburn taking the hand lol

i'm wondering why Tyrion is so upset about Jon & Dany hooking up? He made Dany break up with Daario to marry a more suitable heir. Them hitting it off should make it easier and an opportunity for Tyrion to say "Hey, since you guys are doing everything why don't you get married? That'll make the alliance with everyone up north much easier..."

edit: sorry for double post

Too late

qWMC99n.png

I laughed then that last panel...

Nightmare fuel.

I stand for the Night King.
He will clean up Westeros from all these clueless people and grant a fresh start for the coming spring.

His intentions are clear, he's pretty focused and perfectly motivated.
He can do it.

Let's do this.
Jon Snow lied when he said NK was a general you couldn't negotiate with. Jon Snow remembers full well that Craster from beyond the Wall cut a deal with the Walkers: surrendering the male infants and he was left in peace.

Jon Snow lied when he said NK was a general you couldn't negotiate with. Jon Snow remembers full well that Craster from beyond the Wall cut a deal with the Walkers: surrendering the male infants and he was left in peace.

Would have been crazy if Cersei handed over a newborn Lannister baby to the NK to be spared as the only survivor of King's Landing. I think the timeline will no longer allow for this, though.

Volimar

Who says that Craster cut a deal with them? Maybe they just started showing up and taking his male offspring. He wasn't being left in peace, they were farming him like a chicken for eggs.

I thought it was poor form of Eddard Stark to not tell his hateful wife that Jon Snow (who she wished death and disease upon) wasn't his illegitimate love child. He could've saved that boy's childhood from Catelyn Stark.

You forget, when Ned came back after the war he had only ever spent a week or two at most with Cat, enough to get married and get her pregnant. He had no reason to trust her with anything that large.

Too much risk of letting anyone know. Anyone. Take that shit to the grave.

This, even telling Jon would honestly seem like a bad idea. Kid is stupid enough to get himself killed over it especially when he had no proof and no power.

Ninja Dom

He's not leaving simply because he gave his word. He's leaving because fighting the dragons and Dothraki + seeing the wight made him realized how fucked they are and how delusional Cersei is.

Assuming his love for her and their (Euron's?) child is so strong, it only makes sense that he would leave her side to fight the only war that matters. He doesn't care about winning against other houses anymore if that means everyone, including his sister and their child, is doomed to a fate worse than death.

When Cersei said "you were always the stupidest Lannister", I wish he'd replied "it seems another Lannister took the crown from me just now". He's clearly much more sensible than he used to be, and his heart is in the right place. Cersei fails to see how much he's grown over the years, and that's because she herself became stupider and stupider as time went on. Not to mention paranoid and desperate. The Cersei of season 1 would never have killed Ned Stark - remember, Joffrey made that choice, she wasn't on board -, but the Cersei of season 7 would revel in it.

Why didn't The Mountain kill Jaime?

I thought it was poor form of Eddard Stark to not tell his hateful wife that Jon Snow (who she wished death and disease upon) wasn't his illegitimate love child. He could've saved that boy's childhood from Catelyn Stark.

This is the woman who freed Jamie Lannister, hoping that he would set her daughters free even though he was high value prisoner.

Same woman who, instead of going to Lysa, to understand her meaning of the letter, went hotheaded and kidnapped Tyrion. Never once asking him, Littlefinger told us he lost a valyrian knife to you. Tyrion would have given a reason why Littlefinger would lie about it.

She's a hotheaded idiot who made a ton of mistakes. Ned knew that if any of his children came under threat, Cat would give up Aegon to protect her own. Ned couldn't have that.

How come Bran new Jon wasn't a Stark, but didn't know about the secret wedding? How does his knowledge work?

It's like getting access to google but you have to enter search terms. Sam came in and was like, "check the tapes," and Bran was pretty much just looked up not Vyserion make out with his aunt. Bran is probably the dude who hits I'm feeling lucky every single time with how cryptic and sporadic he can be on his info.

So Euron Greyjoy abandoning Cersei was a ploy to make Jon Snow more acquiescent to the idea of the North remaining neutral. Had Jon agreed to the oath, he'd be honor-bound to sit it out and watch Dany go at it alone against the Lannister Army, the Golden Army, and, unbeknownst to Jon, the Greyjoy fleet.

He wouldnt be trusted amongst all the schemers if he didnt. Jon is right, when the Starks speak, words mean something.

Ned survives still to this day, his honour and duty protected Aegon Tygarian (Jon). Jon follows Ned teaching in everything he does and st the main mover for the great war, he'll end up the saviour of the living most likely.

Ned done the right thing.

The fact that Ned's legacy still gets brought up 6 seasons later is a true testament to his character.

Erebus

So if Dany hadn't gone beyond the wall to save Jon and Co., how would the NK have destroyed the wall without the dragon?

I feel like I'm the only person in the world that like Littlefinger. Sad to see him gone tbh. Ah well. I quite enjoyed the season finale.

Littlefinger was a piece of shit. If you want to see his honesty, watch the scene where he's writing in his brothel and there's 2 whores going at it.

He says: "I'm going to fuck them" Meaning the highborn houses. He doesn't care who gets in the way, he turns families against each other to get what he wants.

The guy no friends who came to his aid in the end because he's a selfish asshole.

Love his character and the depth it brought to the show, but I'm glad his side of the story is done.

So if Dany hadn't gone beyond the wall to save Jon and Co., how would the NK have destroyed the wall without the dragon?

The Night King warged into Tyrion to coming up with that horrendous plan in the first place and made sure to warg into Danerys so she'd bring the dragons.

Also warged into the raven to give it a speed boost.

Can Dany get nuked though? I mean, she's been pretty impervious to fire so far.

Dragonfire is the hottest thing the have. She's completely immune to heat.

Nuke isn't about heat, bro. It's the expansion of contained energy. She would be dead in a sec from her internals coming out of her pores.

LakeEarth

I love how people have been shipping Jon/Dany for years, and when it finally happens, they juxtaposition the fact that they're closely related (unbeknownst to them) to crank up the "eww" factor.

Dragonfire is the hottest thing the have. She's completely immune to heat.

Nuke isn't about heat, bro. It's the expansion of contained energy. She would be dead in a sec from her internals coming out of her pores.

Well yeah, but we're using the term "nuke" metaphorically here. In all the scenes where the dragons fuck shit up, the area outside the immediate blast radius seems fine (see: the Tarly's getting roasted right next to everyone), suggesting there isn't much of a shockwave or expansion of air. The wall was, presumably, dinged up because it melted.

Of course, it may well use up all the available oxygen, but the atmosphere will replenish that pretty quick in a vacuum. The only thing that could fuck here up is if the blue fire is somehow different.

The problem with telling Catelyn Stark is that she is a god-awful terrible judge of character with shit-tier friends and family.

This is the woman who trusted both Littlefinger and Walder Frey.

Top Bottom