• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

jviggy43

roNdEhO.jpg
Such bullshit. We already know that if a raven was sent when jon started taking off his pants it'd get there before dany got hers off.

Elandyll

Banned
Dark Comedy thought:

Sam thought he stole the family heirloom like a badass?

Joke's on him, he is the last heir to his family, so it's his anyway!

;)

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
They already had the chains with them to scale the wall

i could totally buy them using the chains to pull down the gates if there was not magic worked into the wall itself. If the chains werent for that they would be used how? To scale the wall somehow? They could probably just climb over it like the living have climbed over it but do it in minutes. Again the magic seems to have prevented this. Benjen says in S6E10 "The walls not just ice and stone. Ancient spells were carved into its foundations. Strong magic. To protect men from what lies beyond. And while it stands, the dead cannot pass."

Is there a way for them to use the chains somehow that im missing?

I don't really agree with this. He's never been in a position where he has had a chance for love to get the better of him. Cat married Ned, so he couldn't really make those mistakes. He made them with Sansa. He underestimated her and let his feelings expose himself.

LF loved Sansa so much he sold her to the Boltons to be married to Ramsey, a known psychopath.

because there are some people in here who have not finished watching this season.

- Regular TV thread rules apply:
Once something airs in the US on the East Coast, it's fair game. Feel free to discuss anything that has aired without using spoiler tags.
Anything that hasn't aired yet should be spoiler tagged including information from HBO previews, loglines, trailers, interviews, and a few other places.
Speculation from people that haven't read the books is fine and encouraged.

If they are in here and get spoiled its there own damn fault

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
LF loved Sansa so much he sold her to the Boltons to be married to Ramsey, a known psychopath.

LF may have loved Sansa but his ambition was his greatest desire. He never asked Sansa to run away with him to Essos and to leave the madness behind. He wanted the throne preferably with Sansa.

Has it been established that LF knew what Ramsey was like?

Markoman

So now the whole J+D Telenovela is almost done, let's talk about Westeros' most wanted remaining single: Brienne.

The boyz are already standing in line:
Jamie
Hound
Tormund

Oh, and maybe Podrick can return a favour after all those combat lessons by teaching
her the art of making love.

LF may have loved Sansa but his ambition was his greatest desire. He never asked Sansa to run away with him to Essos and to leave the madness behind. He wanted the throne preferably with Sansa.

Has it been established that LF knew what Ramsey was like?

LF says he didn't know. I find that hard to believe that he didn't look into it before sending Sansa there.

Vashetti

Banned
LF says he didn't know. I find that hard to believe that he didn't look into it before sending Sansa there.

There's a behind the scenes episode out there somewhere in which Aiden Gillen says that LF really didn't know what Ramsay was like.

Definitely should have done his research though.

His "fight every battle" speech this season suggested he had an inkling of what might happen to her though. It was certainly something he considered.

His "fight every battle" speech this season suggested he had an inkling of what might happen to her though. It was certainly something he considered.

Yeah, I guess he only considered how it would affect him and I'm sure he didn't expect Bran to come around with replays in history.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Yeah, I guess he only considered how it would affect him and I'm sure he didn't expect Bran to come around with replays in history.

i like how nobody really has a problem with Bran just saying "yeah you were there." Bran probably pulled that "chaos is a ladder" stuff with everyone since hes been there. Brans first words to Jon going to be "You know nothing, Jon Snow."

-griffy-

Banned
This is a cool story with the sound designer who does the dragon sound effects. The best part is when she was coming up with the sound for undead Viserion, she reached out to some of the regulars from the Burlington Bar videos to record themselves making tortured screams, but didn't tell them what it was for.

She went to the viewing there for the finale, and watched with them (she's the one in the baseball cap and glasses). You can totally see her peeking at them when Viserion shows up at the end to see their reactions! She told them after the episode that they were the dragon.

Hydrus

For the past seasons, buy the steelbooks with magnet sigils included, the audio is redone in Dolby Atmos.

And if your equipment isn't capable of Atmos, you're still getting the core 7.1 upgrade over the original Blu-ray releases of 5.1

In terms of content, all the releases have the same extras. In the UK, Amazon has released an exclusive bonus disc each season with some extra BTS stuff.

No idea what the US situation is.

Nice. Thanks!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
This is a cool story with the sound designer who does the dragon sound effects. The best part is when she was coming up with the sound for undead Viserion, she reached out to some of the regulars from the Burlington Bar videos to record themselves making tortured screams, but didn't tell them what it was for.

She went to the viewing there for the finale, and watched with them (she's the one in the baseball cap and glasses). You can totally see her peeking at them when Viserion shows up at the end to see their reactions! She told them after the episode that they were the dragon.
That's awesome! Didn't know D&D sent them a care package, too.

Gin-Shiio

When did Sam depart for Winterfell by the way? I feel as if the whole cast travelled across the whole continent twice in the time it took him to reach Winterfell.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
When did Sam depart for Winterfell by the way? I feel as if the whole cast travelled across the whole continent twice in the time it took him to reach Winterfell.

In fairness he's on a cart and Jon/Dany are using a boat. One is several times faster than the other.

Einchy

Dany is gonna be so horny when she finds out, Targaryens love incest. Jon probably subconsciously loves it, too. You can take the name out the Targaryen but not the fetishes.

Dany is gonna be so horny when she finds out, Targaryens love incest. Jon probably subconsciously loves it, too. You can take the name out the Targaryen but not the fetishes.
I think Dany will be happy but from the way the showrunners talk about the scene they make it sound like nobody is going to be happy about it.

I think if I a fucked a hot person who I had never met before and only knew for a week in my 20+ years that I have lived and who also looks the same age as me and someone told me they were my aunt/nephew, I wouldn't even be able to register it or feel any familial bond. I'd just shrug.

Einchy

I think Dany will be happy but from the way the showrunners talk about the scene they make it sound like nobody is going to be happy about it.

Joking aside, I think Dany would be willing to overlook it but not give it up since incest is pretty much in her destiny, if the rebellion didn't happen, chances are she would've married a family member. Jon I don't see him taking this well, not only because it means he feel in love with his aunt but because it means he is now the rightful heir to the throne and no way will he want that.

Joking aside, I think Dany would be willing to overlook it but not give it up since incest is pretty much in her destiny, if the rebellion didn't happen, chances are she would've married a family member. Jon I don't see him taking this well, not only because it means he feel in love with his aunt but because it means he is now the rightful heir to the throne and no way will he want that.
if she gets pregnant though (which I think she will) he's gonna have to marry her. back in season 1 he said he doesn't want to ever father a bastard. and even though he isn't one, he lived the life of one

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Something that just dawned on me. Winterfell will be the first to know the Wall has fallen because Bran was watching it happen in real time.

duckroll

This is just a thought experiment because of my frustration: Let's say The Artisan got banned for something stupid he does in some thread. Let's say for example it is a perm. In the rest of all GoT threads, how much less "discussion" would there be of Dany/Jon incest, pregnancy, hot or not, etc? Just asking questions here.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
do you think Dany will feel good or bad after learning that Jon is her nephew?

Brah, Dany was just talking about how her family is nearly extinct. Jon stated that she's still here, and her family still has hope left for it. How has House Targaryen for the most part repopulated for centuries? If you don't share a womb, and you weren't raised as relatives, to House Targaryen you might as well be strangers.

Here's my prediction. Dany won't have any issues, in fact it may even make her feel more close to him. Jon might have some hangups, but if she indeed gets pregnant, expect them to marry. I can almost guarantee you they'll marry, due to the fact that the child is the undisputed heir to the throne.

Jon's lineage can be questioned, because the validity of the marriage can be questioned. People can say it's fake (Dorne for example can outright be hostile just from the suggestion that Rhaegar abandoned his wife and children, and the move doesn't mesh with what people remember of the Prince) and there's nothing besides Bran's visions that prove Jon was their child, so it can be disputed. "Some weird hippy kid with visions is saying that Jon is the rightful heir? Cool I don't buy, so do you have the receipts?" Says some southern lord, and not everyone would believe Bran's visions, especially outside of the North. Plus Ned Stark's own testimony can be used to disprove that claim.

Jon's child through Dany though can not be disputed at all. Plus I doubt Jon would leave Dany to bear a bastard child. Nah, Dany gets pregnant, they will get married regardless of whether they know or not.

This is just a thought experiment because of my frustration: Let's say The Artisan got banned for something stupid he does in some thread. Let's say for example it is a perm. In the rest of all GoT threads, how much less "discussion" would there be of Dany/Jon incest, pregnancy, hot or not, etc? Just asking questions here.
should I be worried

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
The craziest thing is the incest stuff is that people seem to trip the fuck out about Jon and Dany but seemingly Jamie and Cersei is just accepted and a-okay. Brother and sister that grew up together and started fucking on the regular doesnt get as much flak as two people that never met until recently and as adults.

I would continue in his spirit so give it up duck

Einchy

Jamie and Cersei wasn't really seen as okay, it still isn't, but we're 7 seasons into the show so people don't really bring it up much.

It def was something that was talked about more during season 1, though.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
It's all Robert's fault anyways. If he wasn't so obsessed with Lyanna, he could have had a wonderful relationship with Cersei.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
They were rotten villains
Probably. Also people werent hoping for them to get together for years.

Jamie and Cersei wasn't really seen as okay, it still isn't, but we're 7 seasons into the show so people don't really bring it up much.

It def was something that was talked about more during season 1, though.

i know it wasnt seen as okay. The reactions were a little extreme. Though it was Burlington that im basing most of my assessment on.

Top Bottom