• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Lyng

Given the time period this plays in the incest part of Jon and Dany should be no issue. Cousins where often married in the middleages, even more commonly among nobles. And aunt nephew is essentially the same distance.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Given the time period this plays in the incest part of Jon and Dany should be no issue. Cousins where often married in the middleages, even more commonly among nobles. And aunt nephew is essentially the same distance.

Nah, let's take modern sensibilities and transplant them in a world far removed from our own. In fact, I'm quite pissed Baelish was executed in what was essentially a kangaroo court. No trial or anything, just a summary execution. Even Cersei gave Tyrion a trial. Sad.

Before someone says that incest is frowned upon in Westeros, they marry cousins all fine, and House Targaryen doesn't care.

Engell

Nah, let's take modern sensibilities and transplant them in a world far removed from our own. In fact, I'm quite pissed Baelish was executed in what was essentially a kangaroo court. No trial or anything, just a summary execution. Even Cersei gave Tyrion a trial. Sad.

Before someone says that incest is frowned upon in Westeros, they marry cousins all fine, and House Targaryen doesn't care.

They do have this guy(aka Bran) who can see everything past/present etc.. would be pretty easy to ask him especially when he is your brother.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The bitterness is that Egg and Dany dies
The sweet is that their baby become the ruler with Tyrion as the Lord Protector

Well as said...thats what i expect in the books...i can see the show having a more lighthearted ending.

Heshinsi

They do have this guy(aka Bran) who can see everything past/present etc.. would be pretty easy to ask him especially when he is your brother.

That's still not a trial. What happens if Baelish straight up says that it is collusion between the siblings to off him? "I saw things in visions" won't even fly in the south lol.

Kinda hard to hold a throne when your wife has you murdered.

I'm referring to House Baratheon as a whole.

Oberon

Banned
How do we even know all of Cersei's kid were Jaimes'? Wasn't she also sleeping with that one other Lanister that turned religious?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
How do we even know all of Cersei's kid were Jaimes'? Wasn't she also sleeping with that one other Lanister that turned religious?

We dont...and i dont think it will be relevant who the father is anyway.

That's still not a trial. What happens if Baelish straight up says that it is collusion between the siblings to off him? "I saw things in visions" won't even fly in the south lol.

I'm referring to House Baratheon as a whole.

They're in the North though. Stark house, Vale army led by the guy LF literally threatened to kill 1-2 seasons ago. He didn't like him even before that. :\ But you're right that nothing was fair about that trial. Might be fitting considering all the underhanded shit, he gets killed in an underhanded way. Like the woman he loved, in a room full of allies that turn on him and cut his throat.

Elandyll

Banned
How I expect people to react to the "Aegon" revelation:

Jon: Great. More complications when we should be all about fighting the NK. I don't give a shit about the Iron Throne, and I love Dany. So everybdoy should just chill.

Dany: Don't call me Dany. I'm actually thrilled. Don't give a shit he is my nephew. I am not alone anymore, my relative isn't a piece of shit, and we love each other! And Dragons! Well... 2. <Glares at Jon>

Tyrion: Great. How complicated is that succession going to be with another claim? They HAVE to marry now, but as much in love as they seem with each other now, they're both going to trip over themselves to do stupid shit to save each other from danger while going to war.

Varys: All according to keikakku.

Jorah: I am so doubly fucked.

Sansa: King in the North bends the knee AND fucks the foreign invader AND is barely a Stark now. AND in an incestuous relation? Wtf! Maybe -I- should be Warden of the North after all.

Arya: Good for you bro. So now all ennemies of Targaryens as well as Starks are targets? Bonus kills.

Brienne: Well. Incest aside, seems like a nice extended royal family I can devote myself to protect. And you'll all be killed somehow. And I'll be a wandering non-knight knight lady again with fucking Podrick attached for ever.

Tormund: Let's talk about extended family here Brienne, I think is the take out.

Cercei: Let me know when the wedding will be. I can totally help you plan for it. It'll be a blast.

Jaime: Sisterly Incest redeemed!
No?
It really isn't?
Fuck!

Davos: Well... Ok. It's Aunt/ Nephew incest, but between two great leaders who seem to genuinely care for each other. As long as you don't go for black magic and end up burning little girls alive, you guys are still 100% better than my previous liege, so rock on!

Hound: You're all a bunch of cunts anyway, changes nothing.

Markoman

Except that whole usurper thing.

I don't watch the show. I read the books ( A Song of Ice and Fire, after all, as so many folks are realizing what the theme of the series was always about) but I read all the show spoilers.

How much time did Jon and Dany spend on screen before they realize they loved each other?

20 minutes at best which seems to be enough for two young and attractive people.

How much time did Jon and Dany spend on screen before they realize they loved each other?

5 minutes of a lame conversation with no logical structure

It was such a school yard thing. Dany gossiped with Missandei and Tyrion. Davos made a joke to Jon and we're supposed to buy into the whole romance. It was damn forced, i stand by that.

Jon and Ygritte was developed much better. Probably due to better pacing and more time of the earlier seasond allowing for it.

He was quite young at his introduction, probably like 18 or so. So he would have probably been 12 when Tommen was born, so I doubt that.

I thought Cersei only started fucking around with other dudes when Jaimie was captured.

She continued to do so as she thought less of Jaimie upon his return.

Dunno if I'm confusing book and show here, but it makes more sense to me.

It was such a school yard thing. Dany gossiped with Missandei and Tyrion. Davos made a joke to Jon and we're supposed to buy into the whole romance. It was damn forced, i stand by that.

Jon and Ygritte was developed much better. Probably due to better pacing and more time of the earlier seasond allowing for it.
And also Rose Leslie, who was just a delight in basically every scene.

Markoman

On point.

Shy Jon + Ygritte who was teasing him right from the start vs.
Shy Jon + "cold" Dany. Nope, don't buy it. That's why we have stuff like Tinder in rl.

Jorah got to see Dany hook up with three other dudes before him. He can't catch a break man. :(

Poor Jorah needs his own spin-off series called "Friendz."

And also Rose Leslie, who was just a delight in basically every scene.
She was fantastic. Her death was really sad until the camera panned to fucking Ollie.

She belongs in the North, the real North. TEARS.

Edit - damn the scene between tormund and Jon in s04e10 was fantastic. The show definitely peaked there, for me. All round BRILLIANT episode. Fantastically written and acted.

Oberon

Banned
We dont...and i dont think it will be relevant who the father is anyway.

He was quite young at his introduction, probably like 18 or so. So he would have probably been 12 when Tommen was born, so I doubt that.

Jaimie clearly acted like all three were his kids.

I always found that that part weird. I wonder if that cousin lanister character just exists to have actual proof that Cersei was unfaithful. Or maybe because she thought a member of her own family wouldn't rat her out. I don't know quite know why I bring this up since it has nothing to do with anything.

Carn82

About as much time as you need to take a dump on the Porcelain Throne. But taking a shit in silence would account for a better script than the Jon/Dany hookup we got. Oh well, one more season to go so I'll roll with it. I do hope some main characters get axed tho.

Who says that Jon and Dany love each other?

I don't see anything wrong with the pace in which they met and ended up boning. They're two good looking people want to fuck, they probably have some feelings but it's not like they're getting married next episode.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I always found that that part weird. I wonder if that cousin lanister character just exists to have actual proof that Cersei was unfaithful. Or maybe because she thought a member of her own family wouldn't rat her out. I don't know quite know why I bring this up since it has nothing to do with anything.
She wanted someone to hook up with, thats it.
The kids are clearly from Jaimie, she was 100% in love with him before their relationship started to fall apart, she wouldnt lie to him.

Anarion07

I don't see anything wrong with the pace in which they met and ended up boning. They're two good looking people want to fuck, they probably have some feelings but it's not like they're getting married next episode.

"Love comes in through the eyes"

They most likely are just intensely attracted to each other. Whether it's called lust, passion, or love depends on how self aware they are.

Sex or marriage in Westeros doesn't require love anyways, so I don't see what the point of complaint is, really.

Gendry has no claim, bastards simply have no claim.

Bastards don't have the ability to inherit unless claimed (Ramsay going from Snow to Botlon and then killing to prevent from being dis-inherited) but they do have claim in disputes due to lineage. All you need is Royal blood to make a claim.

It's the reason The Lannisters were killing all the Baratheon bastards and why Robert was given the throne in the first place (Targ lineage through his mother) despite the fact he wasn't included in the line of succession.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

Have you seen the looks they give each other?

Sephzilla

It's not like Dany hasn't been friends with benefits with someone else already

rehost%2F2016%2F9%2F13%2F4040f39c-d088-4df3-b687-a2802cd6e649.png

Markoman

Like I've said before: out of character.
Yrgitte basically had to jump on Jon's face to get some action going.
Now in the context of all the shit happening around them, he's suddenly a lady killer picking invader queen to let off some steam as the King in the North?!!?

They should've at least waited for the end of the last season to develop a love interest.
The boning for fun...i don't buy it.

Anarion07

Yeah, the look of affection, admiration and I'd like to bone you because you're hot.

I'm not saying they're just fuck buddies, but saying they're already in love is a little extreme.

Well from a biological point of view stuff like battling the dead, losing the Dragon etc. can kind of accelerate the process of falling in love, because the hormone cocktail ejaculated in situations like that tricks the brain.

That's why it's advisable for a first date to do something exciting, exhilarating. Ties those feelings to the person. Add to that the physical and character attraction (which is missing with Jorah, for example) and there you go. "Love".

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Yeah, the look of affection, admiration and I'd like to bone you because you're hot.

I'm not saying they're just fuck buddies, but saying they're already in love is a little extreme.
I mean the show basically juxtaposed the narration explaining the relationship between Jon's parents with those two. There is a HUGE difference between the way she looked at Daario:
Which-brings-us-chemistry.gif

tumblr_npn2wlKi6U1qal0zgo1_500.gif

and the way she looks at Jon:
dany1.gif

Jon also hasn't given anyone that look since Ygritte:
Jon-and-Ygritte-jon-snow-and-ygritte-31041423-245-196.gif

Heshinsi

There's at least a month or so that passes in world between Dany and Jon first meeting to the point (the rescue) in the season we knew 100% that they actually did like each other.

Like I've said before: out of character.
Yrgitte basically had to jump on Jon's face to get some action going.
Now in the context of all the shit happening around them, he's suddenly a lady killer picking invader queen to let off some steam as the King in the North?!!?

They should've at least waited for the end of the last season to develop a love interest.
The boning for fun...i don't buy it.

Out of character?

I say completely in character considering the timeline and series of events that took place over the years.

Before Ygritte he was a virgin and he lacked confidence. On top of that, she was sexually confident and that intimidated him. Of course she had to do all the initiating.

Now, he's not a lady killer. He's someone who stopped giving a fuck once a knife went through his heart. He carries himself with as much confidence as Daario does without the cocky attitude. Dany ate that shit up.

It's not like he came in dick swining yo baby lets fuck. There were hints of interest and there was even some hesitation before he knocked on her door.

Top Bottom