• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Some of my favorite scenes in all of GoT involve Jon/Danny. Their interactions have felt very natural and satisfying to me (aside from the sex scene which felt kinda awkward).

Shrug

Like I said, it's all opinions. I stated why I feel otherwise with examples, while you just shrug it off.

Our opinions seem to greatly differ on the show. You believe it's handled with care and well written, while I believe it's sloppy and rushed with poor consistency.

Shrug.

Emilia and Kit hang out all the time
you know nothing

You are aware that it takes days to film these few minutes?

And Kit Harrington has been in a romance with Rosie Leslie for years. Y'all know nothing.

Also yes I'm aware, however a poster stated so based solely on what he's seen on screen.

Like everything the last two seasons... it feels rushed. Yes there is some chemistry, but it's definitely peddle to the floor. Without the books, D&D don't know how to handle this at all and it shows on many many levels.

nubbe

And Kit Harrington has been in a romance with Rosie Leslie for years. Y'all know nothing.

Also yes I'm aware, however a poster stated so based solely on what he's seen on screen.

what does that mean?
Just because you're in relationship with someone doesn't mean you can't have chemistry with someone else.

It's about people functioning well together

Surfinn

I think it's chemistry with benefits

Lol this really made me laugh

Like I said, it's all opinions. I stated why I feel otherwise with examples, while you just shrug it off.

Our opinions seem to greatly differ on the show. You believe it's handled with care and well written, while I believe it's sloppy and rushed with poor consistency.

Shrug.

Hey. I didn't mean it like that, like I was shrugging off your opinion. I mean shrug like "agree to disagree".

I agree with you in that they definitely didn't have the same amount of time to build like they did with Ygritte. But I felt like the time they've spent on screen has been incredibly satisfying and worth it. You could easily argue that some of it got rushed. The end of it was a little rushed and I do wish we could have had one more episode to get us to full on sex. But their interactions before that seem like two people who met and instantly started falling for each other (even if it wasn't initially super obvious). Just the way Danny looks at him. I knew from pretty much the first time they talked that there was potential there. It just makes sense for their characters too.

But yeah, I wasn't trying to ignore your points.

Hydrus

Falling for each other, falling in love, absolutely. I dunno about this madly in love business though...I'm currently making my way through a season rewatch and finished episode 3 last night, will pay close attention to the rest, maybe I'll change my opinion since I miss a lot. But I don't think so. They definitely have chemistry but doesn't mean love.

But that would be some bullshit if Kit and Emilia hooked up since Kit is dating, and has been dating Rose Leslie since the Ygritte days.

Nah, It's pretty obvious they're madly in love. They have never met anyone like each other before. All the other romances for them seemed one sided.

As far as Kit and Emilia goes, they dated for a short time but broke things off because of distance. Kit's broken up with Rose before and has been seen with other girls. Like I said, it just wouldn't surprise me. Emilia post a lot of pics of him on instagram.

Just go back and watch earlier scenes from the show for real chemistry.

Tywin and his children. Robert and Cersei. Ned and Cat. Ollena and everyone. Jaimie and Brienne. There's some fantastically acted scenes in this show. They're brilliant on rewatch.

Lol this really made me laugh

Hey. I didn't mean it like that, like I was shrugging off your opinion. I mean shrug like "agree to disagree".

I agree with you in that they definitely didn't have the same amount of time to build like they did with Ygritte. But I felt like the time they've spent on screen has been incredibly satisfying and worth it. You could easily argue that some of it got rushed. The end of it was a little rushed and I do wish we could have had one more episode to get us to full on sex. But their interactions before that seem like two people who met and instantly started falling for each other (even if it wasn't initially super obvious). Just the way Danny looks at him. I knew from pretty much the first time they talked that there was potential there. It just makes sense for their characters too.

But yeah, I wasn't trying to ignore your points.
No worries! I took it the wrong way. As I said it's all opinions at the end of the day, differing ones are natural aha.

MutFox

Banned
Is Dany impervious to cold too?

She flew beyond the wall on a dragon at high altitudes without any winter gear around her head.
She didn't have any signs of freezing or anything.

Also Jon Snow falling into the frozen Lake and being able to pull himself out...

Surfinn

Just go back and watch earlier scenes from the show for real chemistry.

Tywin and his children. Robert and Cersei. Ned and Cat. Ollena and everyone. Jaimie and Brienne. There's some fantastically acted scenes in this show. Some of you guys should check them out.

I'm currently rewatching the series with my brother. And my opinion on "real chemistry" between Jon/Danny hasn't changed one bit. Their scenes are fantastically acted as well.

Emilia doesn't get enough credit.

Lenz44

Banned
Are we allowed to express predictions in this thread, based solely on the show as I haven't read books?

edit. Ok read the OP and it says speculation from non book readers is allowed.

My end game theory is very simple, now that the arc's are coming closer to an end. I've wondered the point of the white walkers for some time, and the king. I've been rewatching and I firmly believe that the scene from season 6 where Bran sees the first white walker being created.. isn't actually the first white walker. I believe that in this scene, the white walkers were defeated thousands of years earlier by the children of the forest and men together. The man who is turned into a white walker is likely some kind of hero or Azor Ahai from back then and he was created then as the Night King to control or somehow oversee the white walkers.

Fast forward to the end of this show, I used to think that Jaime or someone else would be azor ahai and there would be some kind of twist at the end. I no longer believe this to be. I think enough twists have happened, the cards have been dealt and the landing gear is down so to speak. Safe landing is in sight, with some knee jerking at best. My guess is that John (Aegon) really is the the prince that was promised, azor ahai as everyone has been predicting. There will be some turmoil between him and Dany.. duh, but in the end the two of them will win the war. John will be set to sit on the throne and rule.. but he can't ... John kills the Night King, and there is nobody left to rule and control the white walkers and wights. John will be informed that he must be converted to the new Night King in order to restore balance to the world and "protect his people".

The show will end with Dany on the throne, heart-broken, pregnant and dragon glass being pushed into John's (Aegon) chest, final scene will be him opening his eyes as bright blue ... black screen.... credits.

If the series ends as Wrath of the Lich king 2.0, I might actually scream at my screen. I thought it was kind of dumb in WoW, but this would take it to a whole new level.

Hydrus

Are we allowed to express predictions in this thread, based solely on the show as I haven't read books?

edit. Ok read the OP and it says speculation from non book readers is allowed.

My end game theory is very simple, now that the arc's are coming closer to an end. I've wondered the point of the white walkers for some time, and the king. I've been rewatching and I firmly believe that the scene from season 6 where Bran sees the first white walker being created.. isn't actually the first white walker. I believe that in this scene, the white walkers were defeated thousands of years earlier by the children of the forest and men together. The man who is turned into a white walker is likely some kind of hero or Azor Ahai from back then and he was created then as the Night King to control or somehow oversee the white walkers.

Fast forward to the end of this show, I used to think that Jaime or someone else would be azor ahai and there would be some kind of twist at the end. I no longer believe this to be. I think enough twists have happened, the cards have been dealt and the landing gear is down so to speak. Safe landing is in sight, with some knee jerking at best. My guess is that John (Aegon) really is the the prince that was promised, azor ahai as everyone has been predicting. There will be some turmoil between him and Dany.. duh, but in the end the two of them will win the war. John will be set to sit on the throne and rule.. but he can't ... John kills the Night King, and there is nobody left to rule and control the white walkers and wights. John will be informed that he must be converted to the new Night King in order to restore balance to the world and "protect his people".

The show will end with Dany on the throne, heart-broken, pregnant and dragon glass being pushed into John's (Aegon) chest, final scene will be him opening his eyes as bright blue ... black screen.... credits.

But if the Night King dies, so does all the walkers and wights.

Hydrus

I got an idea for Game of Thrones GAF. Since we have a very long wait for Season 8, would anyone like to start over and rewatch GoTs from the beginning? 1 episode every Sunday night. That's 67 ep's, so 67 weeks. That would put us at Jan/Feb 2019, just in time for the new season. Maybe make a new thread for the new weekly watch and discussion?

-griffy-

Banned

She flew beyond the wall on a dragon at high altitudes without any winter gear around her head.

Also Jon Snow falling into the frozen Lake and being able to pull himself out...

That's just TV. None of that crew had hats or anything. Gotta see their faces when they are acting and crap.

nubbe

I got an idea for Game of Thrones GAF. Since we have a very long wait for Season 8, would anyone like to start over and rewatch GoTs from the beginning? 1 episode every Sunday night. That's 67 ep's, so 67 weeks. That would put us at Jan/Feb 2019, just in time for the new season. Maybe make a new thread for the new weekly watch and discussion?

No one can take you seriously if you don't have GoT running 24/7 on your media center

aBarreras

there is already a thread doing that lol

Addi

I guess Drogon is pretty hot and keeps her warm

My suggestion if you do it, one episode a week, but watch it any day of the week during that week. A lot of good shows air on Sunday nights so people might not have the time.

Krogan

I'm not sure LF is good enough to think of a magic raven kid who can see everything event in history. He thought they were playing the game the way it has always been played but turns out a hacker joined the lobby.

He should be smart enough to do more than offer up a puzzled face in response to what Bran said. It may as well have never happened for all the difference it made.

Hydrus

No one can take you seriously if you don't have GoT running 24/7 on your media center

I rewatched all of GoT in anticipation for S6 in less than 2 weeks. I'll do 24/7 if I have to, but the wait for S8 will be that much more painful.

there is already a thread doing that lol

Where?

My suggestion if you do it, one episode a week, but watch it any day of the week during that week. A lot of good shows air on Sunday nights so people might not have the time.

Yea, good thinking.

Vashetti

Banned
What we should do is rewatch one episode every Sunday.

Cornballer should come in as though it's a new episode, post the title, synopsis.

After the ep, he posts the relevant ratings, interviews, etc.

Like everything the last two seasons... it feels rushed. Yes there is some chemistry, but it's definitely peddle to the floor. Without the books, D&D don't know how to handle this at all and it shows on many many levels.

Season 6 didn't really feel rushed at all for me. Also one of the best seasons.

Are people having issues with Jon/Danny getting together because two hot people are getting it on tv-bitterness or what? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The main issue with it is that it's rushed since it's only a couple of eps. Several things feel rushed this season unfortunately :S Though it's been handled as well as it can for 5 episodes of them together. People who say things like "how could they like each other" just make me laugh on the other hand.

Let's all watch the Red Wedding together over and over until we don't feel anything anymore. Who is with me?
Remember being shook and like 1 minute after my sis came in my room, and I literally yelled at her GET THE FUCK OUT. lmao... yeah... When I rewatched it with her a year or so later, I reminded me of that time and we laughed about it.

Yeah. And it happened again with Sansas and Therions wedding

Therion, lol

I spoiled myself that Robb dies, but before the season started. Google autocompleted a bunch of sentences after I typed in Robb Stark but by the time it rolled around I completely forgot and it was still shocking. Autocomplete has been disabled since.

Tywins death was spoiled for me the day it happened in a Battlefield 4 thread on Gamefaqs. Someone posted Tywin dies on the shitter tonight, or something like that, annoying ass people man.

But if the Night King dies, so does all the walkers and wights.

We don't know that for sure, but perhaps yes. We've seen a standard white walker (non King) be killed and some of his followers die. This doesn't automatically translate that if the NK dies, everyone dies.

But it is possible

Addi

Therion, lol

I spoiled myself that Robb dies, but before the season started. Google autocompleted a bunch of sentences after I typed in Robb Stark but by the time it rolled around I completely forgot and it was still shocking. Autocomplete has been disabled since.

Tywins death was spoiled for me the day it happened in a Battlefield 4 thread on Gamefaqs. Someone posted Tywin dies on the shitter tonight, or something like that, annoying ass people man.

I was spoiled Jon's death watching Nintendo Treehouse during E3, a lot of spam saying "Jon dies tonight!!!". Glad we are past the books even though I did see som #epicboatsex here and there.

LakeEarth

I was late jumping onto the GoT, but as I was catching up, I figured out Robb died because I saw the cover of some magazine with a bunch of characters and he was suspiciously absent.

LionPride

Banned
Y'all

Littlefinger's face when he got busted out tho

Like, nigga started sttutering and shit, man was fuckin shook to the core

But when Bran pointed his ass out!!! Whew whew

Surfinn

Y'all

Littlefinger's face when he got busted out tho

Like, nigga started sttutering and shit, man was fuckin shook to the core

When I saw him drop down to his knees and beg with tears in his eyes.

I will never forget that moment. For once he was on the other side

And I love how Sansa is super emotional about it.. tears dripping down her face. That moment was a long time coming for her. Justice

We don't know that for sure, but perhaps yes. We've seen a standard white walker (non King) be killed and some of his followers die. This doesn't automatically translate that if the NK dies, everyone dies.

But it is possible
Terrible choice if it doesnt happen. They loaded chekovs gun. It would be bad story telling if it isnt the case.

OrionX

Thanks to Jon's stupidity, Dany lost a child. Next episode she rewarded him by letting him bone.

Ya'll are right, it must be true love.

Well... the best way he can make up for it is by giving her a new child. ;)

Speaking of Jon and Dany's chemistry, the scene with Dany sitting at his bedside after losing her dragon is one of my favorite scenes in the whole series. Their connection felt so real to me, and it wasn't just because of the lewd handholding. I'm kind of amazed they managed to show the progress of their relationship as well as they did in such a short time.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
In retrospective Robb was such a dumbass..
His war led to nothing but trouble, especially because he couldn't keep his allies..

The sad thing with Robb is that after everything he pulled, he could have still avoided the red Wedding by not being a short sighted dumbass. Every single person in that scene where he decides Lord Karstark's fate, is advising him not to execute him, but rather keep him as a prisoner so that the Karstarks have to stay loyal. What their lord did is criminal, and they all know that. Execute him then and there however, and they'll abandon your cause.

It's the opposite of the Tarly execution. That actually resulted in everyone else bending the knee, here the execution of a guilty lord leads to a good chunk of the army bailing out. Now Robb has to go begging back to the lord he broke faith with. And yet, Robb could have still survived lol. Lord Frey is a bannerman of House Tully, and Robb knows he's made him pissed. So why not control the wedding setting? Why not have the wedding in Rivverrun?

Well... the best way he can make up for it is by giving her a new child. ;)

Speaking of Jon and Dany's chemistry, the scene with Dany sitting at his bedside after losing her dragon is one of my favorite scenes in the whole series. Their connection felt so real to me, and it wasn't just because of the lewd handholding. I'm kind of amazed they managed to show the progress of their relationship as well as they did in such a short time.

LOL lewd handholding.

Lewd, lascivious, salacious...outrageous!

jfkgoblue

Given the time period this plays in the incest part of Jon and Dany should be no issue. Cousins where often married in the middleages, even more commonly among nobles. And aunt nephew is essentially the same distance.
Aunt/nephew is twice as close as cousins.

Top Bottom