• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Quick question, how much time has passed in this series in terms of years?

Probably the same amount of time as real time has passed since the show began. Given how much the kids have aged. Give or take a year or so.

I don't think it's ever specifically stated, ages aren't even stated I don't think.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Probably the same amount of time as real time has passed since the show began. Given how much the kids have aged. Give or take a year or so.

I don't think it's ever specifically stated, ages aren't even stated I don't think.
Sansa said she was 14 the night she was forced to marry Tyrion.

Markoman

I was more referring to an heir from the Targaryen/Stark line. Gendry has no rightful claim since he is a bastard.

Technically the Baratheons are still in charge. Unless J+D get Cersei's ass of the throne or someone reveals the whole unrightful rebellion to the public, nothing changes about that.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

On a side note, we've seen early in the series that people don't seem to give a shit about words written on paper. Remeber Ned's "get me out of jail card" and how Cersei dealed with it.

Are we allowed to express predictions in this thread, based solely on the show as I haven't read books?

edit. Ok read the OP and it says speculation from non book readers is allowed.

My end game theory is very simple, now that the arc's are coming closer to an end. I've wondered the point of the white walkers for some time, and the king. I've been rewatching and I firmly believe that the scene from season 6 where Bran sees the first white walker being created.. isn't actually the first white walker. I believe that in this scene, the white walkers were defeated thousands of years earlier by the children of the forest and men together. The man who is turned into a white walker is likely some kind of hero or Azor Ahai from back then and he was created then as the Night King to control or somehow oversee the white walkers.

Fast forward to the end of this show, I used to think that Jaime or someone else would be azor ahai and there would be some kind of twist at the end. I no longer believe this to be. I think enough twists have happened, the cards have been dealt and the landing gear is down so to speak. Safe landing is in sight, with some knee jerking at best. My guess is that John (Aegon) really is the the prince that was promised, azor ahai as everyone has been predicting. There will be some turmoil between him and Dany.. duh, but in the end the two of them will win the war. John will be set to sit on the throne and rule.. but he can't ... John kills the Night King, and there is nobody left to rule and control the white walkers and wights. John will be informed that he must be converted to the new Night King in order to restore balance to the world and "protect his people".

The show will end with Dany on the throne, heart-broken, pregnant and dragon glass being pushed into John's (Aegon) chest, final scene will be him opening his eyes as bright blue ... black screen.... credits.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Technically the Baratheons are still in charge. Unless J+D get Cersei's ass of the throne or someone reveals the whole unrightful rebellion to the public, nothing changes about that.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

On a side note, we've seen early in the series that people don't seem to give a shit about words written on paper. Remeber Ned's "get me out of jail card" and how Cersei dealed with it.

I don't think so. All the King's Landing sigils are Lannister lions, and Cersei was crowned as Queen Cersei Lannister. The Lannisters are 100% in charge, and it's their forces marching up and down the capital and the regions they control.

Sansa said she was 14 the night she was forced to marry Tyrion.

That's right, even before with Joffrey when she had her period.

It's hard to look at it other than anything but real time for me because of how everyone has aged.

It would be pretty weird if next season they dropped a line like, "It's been 2 years since I left home for the wall, 2 years since father promised me he would tell me who my real mother was, I've waited for this moment, thank you Bran." lol

Are we allowed to express predictions in this thread, based solely on the show as I haven't read books?

It's encouraged!

Anarion07

That's right, even before with Joffrey when she had her period.

It's hard to look at it other than anything but real time for me because of how everyone has aged.

It would be pretty weird if next season they dropped a line like, "It's been 2 years since I left home for the wall, 2 years since father promised me he would tell me who my real mother was, I've waited for this moment, thank you Bran." lol

We already know bran was beyond the wall for a couple of years

Markoman

I don't think so. All the King's Landing sigils are Lannister lions, and Cersei was crowned as Queen Cersei Lannister. The Lannisters are 100% in charge, and it's their forces marching up and down the capital and the regions they control.

Sorry, I think my post was misleading. "Technically" meaning following the lineage rules after the rebellion against mad king.
King Robert B. married to Cersei Lannister -> Geoffrey-->Tommen -->Cersei as queen mother.

Of course the Lannisters are in charge but still following the rules of the B. lineage.

Hydrus

Lol@ at people who think that Dany and Jon arent in love. They clearly are and have the best romance chemistry of any of the other characters/actors on this show. Wouldn't surprise me if Kit and Emilia end up together in real life someday.

Krogan

I wish we would have gotten more personality from the Dothraki, a Grey Worm like middle management and face of the Dothraki. There is one almost discount Drogo looking guy but I can't remember if he was ever given a name.

Lol@ at people who think that Dany and Jon arent in love. They clearly are and have the best romance chemistry of any of the other characters/actors on this show. Wouldn't surprise me if Kit and Emilia end up together in real life someday.
Do people just trick themselves into seeing what they want to see on screen?

They have no chemistry at all.

Surfinn

The only thing that's happened so far that's felt a little off to me was the sex scene. I like how they took like 4 or 5 episodes to build their relationship, but we should have seen them kiss and be passionate with each other before we jump straight into them just doing it.

Though that overall scene was still done well in relation to Jon's reveal, I thought.

If you actually think they have no chemistry, then yeah, people do trick themselves into seeing what they want to see.

This

Hindl

My end game theory is very simple, now that the arc's are coming closer to an end. I've wondered the point of the white walkers for some time, and the king. I've been rewatching and I firmly believe that the scene from season 6 where Bran sees the first white walker being created.. isn't actually the first white walker. I believe that in this scene, the white walkers were defeated thousands of years earlier by the children of the forest and men together. The man who is turned into a white walker is likely some kind of hero or Azor Ahai from back then and he was created then as the Night King to control or somehow oversee the white walkers.

Fast forward to the end of this show, I used to think that Jaime or someone else would be azor ahai and there would be some kind of twist at the end. I no longer believe this to be. I think enough twists have happened, the cards have been dealt and the landing gear is down so to speak. Safe landing is in sight, with some knee jerking at best. My guess is that John (Aegon) really is the the prince that was promised, azor ahai as everyone has been predicting. There will be some turmoil between him and Dany.. duh, but in the end the two of them will win the war. John will be set to sit on the throne and rule.. but he can't ... John kills the Night King, and there is nobody left to rule and control the white walkers and wights. John will be informed that he must be converted to the new Night King in order to restore balance to the world and "protect his people".

The show will end with Dany on the throne, heart-broken, pregnant and dragon glass being pushed into John's (Aegon) chest, final scene will be him opening his eyes as bright blue ... black screen.... credits.
So Warcraft?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
It even contradicts what he told Sansa episodes later. Littlefinger would assume the worst from that comment, but he still did nothing in response.
I'm not sure LF is good enough to think of a magic raven kid who can see everything event in history. He thought they were playing the game the way it has always been played but turns out a hacker joined the lobby.

Markoman

I feel like they only off'd him the way they did because they had no idea what to do with his character.

I don't get why people act as if LF has been dumped only just this season. The moment he was sent to the Vale, it was over. No one can tell me that his big end game was clear at that point.

LF was best when he interacted with Ned and Varys. Let go people. The show writers did an ok job ending his plotline this way. He acted like a support char for Sansa anyways. The true "game of thrones" he was a major part of (politics, intrigues,....) ended some seasons ago.

Elandyll

Banned
Aye.

I admit the salt from the Jon haters, Dany haters, and Jon/ Dany pairing haters is hilarious.

As per hooking up in real life, I wouldn't go that far (Rose Leslie is pretty awesome), but they indeed seem to get along quite well on set.

Falling for each other, falling in love, absolutely. I dunno about this madly in love business though...I'm currently making my way through a season rewatch and finished episode 3 last night, will pay close attention to the rest, maybe I'll change my opinion since I miss a lot. But I don't think so. They definitely have chemistry but doesn't mean love.

But that would be some bullshit if Kit and Emilia hooked up since Kit is dating, and has been dating Rose Leslie since the Ygritte days.

Quoting myself to add something else.

I do think its VERY possible that Dany will die next season somehow too. Regardless Aegon will not sit on the throne. He will hand the kingdom over to "someone", be it Dany, Jaime or Tyrion. Still think in the final episode Dany will be alive and reveal shes preggo.. just before Aegon tells her he can't stay and must become the NK.

Then ... with all the children of the forest dead.. Sam will tell Aegon he needs to be converted to the new night king in order to restore balance and protect his people. Sam will turn Aegon (John) into the new night king in an emotional scene... fade to black... bright blue eyes!!... fade to black .... roll credits.

nubbe

giphy.gif

Just hit me that there's no GOT this Sunday.

:(

I guess you could do a series rewatch 1 episode a week and after 67 weeks we will be close to the season 8 premiere.

*Sigh*

Heshinsi

Sorry, I think my post was misleading. "Technically" meaning following the lineage rules after the rebellion against mad king.
King Robert B. married to Cersei Lannister -> Geoffrey-->Tommen -->Cersei as queen mother.

Of course the Lannisters are in charge but still following the rules of the B. lineage.

That's just it. I don't think Cersei took the throne claiming it through being married to Robert. That throne room ceremony was that of someone who took power by sheer terror. Who is going to tell the woman who just committed regicide that she better make sure she claims the throne by way of her marriage?

Oberon

Banned
I'm not sure LF is good enough to think of a magic raven kid who can see everything event in history. He thought they were playing the game the way it has always been played but turns out a hacker joined the lobby.

I don't assume whe would just jump to "magic time wizard". But considering LF is usually a character that has things under control and seems rarelly surprised, you'd think he'd do more than nothing.

Surfinn

Falling for each other, falling in love, absolutely. I dunno about this madly in love business though...I'm currently making my way through a season rewatch and finished episode 3 last night, will pay close attention to the rest, maybe I'll change my opinion since I miss a lot. But I don't think so. They definitely have chemistry but doesn't mean love.

But that would be some bullshit if Kit and Emilia hooked up since Kit is dating, and has been dating Rose Leslie since the Ygritte days.

Wow! They're actually dating? That's awesome.

Heshinsi

giphy.gif

Oh come on lol.

When she dropped everything to save his dumbass, that's when love started entering the equation. It's also when Jon made the decision to bend the knee to her.

Markoman

Ok, we're doing crazy predictions?

Here's my bet:

1. Undead army will be defeated by a last minute Night King headshot.
2. The remaining allied forces face the overwhelming forces of the Golden Company combined with the Lannister army.
3. Cersei who is there to watch her victory unfold says "kill them all"
4. The Golden Company kills all of the Lannister forces in a last battle
5. The bank of Bravos will establish a republic and capitalism.

Surfinn

In all fairness, hearing that line should have been enough to raise ALL the red flags. I do think it's weird he stuck around after that honestly. How the hell could he have known that? Literally no one else was around for that convo. Varys has absolutely no reason to tell anyone, let alone a Stark he's.. never talked to?

That's not just any line. That's LF revealing himself (his true, pretty much evil intentions), which he almost NEVER does.

Gin-Shiio

I'm with you. And I'd pin all of it on Jon, who always bears the same expression, but then I remember him having plenty of chemistry with Ygritte. I'm not feeling this pairing.

That said, my biggest issue with this romance stems from the pacing of season 7. Less time for little moments together means they had to put it on thick. Every side character talking about them eyeing each other down when that didn't really happen yet became a little bit grating.

Markoman

I'm with you. And I'd pin all of it on Jon, who always bears the same expression, but then I remember him having plenty of chemistry with Ygritte. I'm not feeling this pairing.

That said, my biggest issue with this romance stems from the pacing of season 7. Less time for little moments together means they had to put it on thick. Every side character talking about them eyeing each other down when that didn't really happen yet became a little bit grating.

Exactly. It would even make more sense to me that S8 reveals that somehow Euron boned Cersei impregnating her in the process while he was not teleporting around. I felt more sexual tension in the throne room scene than in every J+D scene we got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jZymJz-PM4
Pay attention to the 3:34 minute mark. That's when Cersei's undies catch fire.

#TeamNoChemistry

Don't buy into the romance at all.

Lol at .... is such a ridiculously reductive way to start a comment. It's all opinions at the end of the day. Jon has much better chemistry in his scenes with Sam, and had with Ygritte. Dany has the best chemistry with Jorah and little with anyone else.

The romance suffered due to pacing and lack of screen time. Jon and Ygritte was much better developed due to being allowed to breath.

Also stating that two actors may get together based on 10-15 minutes screen time is a ludicrous statement.

You obviously do.
Shit like this is just ridiculous. Reply with substance.

Edit - Kit and Emilia arent the best actors on the show. When we get scenes between Tyrion - Cersei and Ollena-Jaimie the dearth in talent become apparent. Sam and Theon are brilliant which is why I wish to see more of the pair. However to Kit's credit his has improved drastically from season 1. Emilia is fantastic in some scenes also, in particular the farewell with Jorah last season. Even Indara Verma put on a much better performance than any from Kit and Emilia, without saying a word. That was another brilliantly acted scene.

y2dvd

You know nothing, Aegon Targaryean.

Surfinn

#TeamNoChemistry

Lol at .... is such a ridiculously reductive way to start a comment. It's all opinions at the end of the day. Jon has much better chemistry in his scenes with Sam, and had with Ygritte. Dany has the best chemistry with Jorah and little with anyone else.

The romance suffered due to pacing and lack of screen time. Jon and Ygritte was much better developed due to being allowed to breath.

Also stating that two actors may get together based on 10-15 minutes screen time is a ludicrous statement.

Some of my favorite scenes in all of GoT involve Jon/Danny. Their interactions have felt very natural and satisfying to me (aside from the sex scene which felt kinda awkward).

Shrug

nubbe

#TeamNoChemistry

Emilia and Kit hang out all the time
you know nothing

Surfinn

If nothing else, I think it's fair to say they at least have chemistry together, even if not romantically. When they meet and start interacting, it feels like they've known each other for a while. Or wanted to.

Though I think they do have romantic chemistry.

nubbe

If nothing else, I think it's fair to say they at least have chemistry together, even if not romantically. When they meet and start interacting, it feels like they've known each other for a while. Or wanted to.

Though I think they do have romantic chemistry.

I think it's chemistry with benefits

Top Bottom